Old Jul 20th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38522
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAquilina View Post
I just realized I'll never have the chance to write Daryl's Cave-Johnson-esque pump-up speech for "going postal".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
Can we request a special one-off of said event? :>
There's a bar next door.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25519
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Pretty sure this entry from the DLC is the basis for the universe the Crossing adventures take place in but I cannot confirm with any certainty:

Quote:
Greetings, friend. I'm Cave Johnson, CEO of Aperture Science. As you've no doubt learned after your time in cryosleep, human civilization as we knew it was utterly destroyed over a thousand years ago. We've attempted to rebuild as best we could with the only remaining book on the planet... [sigh]"The Rock Says", the autobiography of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. So. Let's all pause for a moment to smell what the Rock was, is, and forever will be... cooking.
I now need to know if Dwanye Johnson is among the pantheon for the Terrans. -looks to Rocky-
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 05:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl
Daryl needs to come to the bar. Cuz I neeeeeeeds him. Like the couch girlfriend wanted to read his round two story so bad, second best would be to actually be able to talk to him in the bar. I would just faint. #fangirl

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Jul 20th, 2021 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 09:02 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38522
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
I now need to know if Dwanye Johnson is among the pantheon for the Terrans. -looks to Rocky-
I envisage the Terrans as being without any true gods or religion. But Dwayne Johnson would definitely be a legendary folk hero, at least on par with Igneous.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 10:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh no! It's Couch Girlfriend's worst nightmare come true. She finally got off the couch and actually played along after the s.o. said she should for so long, and after the first real dice roll, it has been radio silence for over 24 hours. She is that bad, she knew it... in her heart of hearts she knew it... feeling that she should have just stayed on the couch and watched and made funny comments, but nooooooo she had to curse herself and roll some dice didn't she. Oh well, it's done now.

How is everyone else's "It feels like a Monday, but it's clearly Wednesday" going?

Also great first few days in Round 2 guys. Has been a fun read so far. No one is making Couch Girlfriend want to throw things this round either! Awesome team playing and you guys are rocking it out there!

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Jul 21st, 2021 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 10:58 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5112
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
I already know roughly what I'll write next inside the bar, but I'm in half a dozen games more (roughly). So a daily post rate isn't really in my wheelhouse.

I put all my other games on break when I took part in the first round.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Jul 21st, 2021 at 10:59 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 11:04 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17349
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
CG, you make our hearts sing. But 24 hours of radio silence is but a moment, in terms of the pace of games on this site! Don't be downhearted. You're doing great.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 11:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, see I'm new here, and Round 1 spoiled me. I saw daily posts and thought I broke something.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 11:20 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25275
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
I bet the bar will pick up next week during the break when the judges are reading and scoring.
What do you have planned for the entertainment, CG?
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 11:56 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I was thinking of a crab bake I kid I kid. But I am definitely going to sew a patch of Dewayne "the Rock" Johnson into Rocky's blanket for inspiration. And Sorbo needs some glitter to make his paintings sparkle. Glass needs some catnip for calming and focus. I think Gramps needs some Rubberbands for those crab claws, they can be feisty.

But as far as entertainment, we will have to see how the week plays out.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 12:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1167
Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have way more anxiety with the rolling process here (and really more in Outplay than here broadly) than I do dropping a physical die on the tabletop. I think it's the lack of immediacy. I get to see die roll after die roll as I preview edits to my post, but then eventually have to whack that Submit button to commit something to online permanence... and have to scroll down into my post to see exactly what the dice roller wrought.

That goes doubly when the situation requires a roll that maaaaaybe isn't as mathematically favorable as I'd like it to be.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 01:05 AM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25275
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Right?
I think it is also compounded by the fact that we spend an hour or more prepping for the roll. In tabletop, have you ever had an hour-long monologue leading up to one roll?

ETA: CG, rubberbands donít seem to be the way to win crabs and influence crustaceans, but I think they are big Sheila Easton fans if karaoke night ever comes to the Fu Bar. Anywho, thanks for sticking around. Itís nice to have someone who doesnít have a stake in the game be in the OOC. (Even if you secretly are Admin Dirk.)

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 22nd, 2021 at 01:08 AM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 01:23 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I swear I am not Admin Dirk. I am the RL GF of one of the players still in this wonderful competition. However, we were going to play it off like I was Daryl's GF just to throw everyone off if he made it to Round 2. Could I be your Girlfriend? Is that why you keep saying I am Dirk? Are you trying to throw everyone else off my trail so when I give you something fun in the Bar no one gets upset? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge... Kisses. Maybe I AM Daryl's girlfriend, or Jyl's, or even Imveros and I'm just here to give you a sense of false security... you'll never know.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 05:00 AM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10122
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
C'mon CG, admit it. The sexual tension between you and Salambiccus is obvious.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 04:55 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I need a whole gallon of Ice cream after last night y'all. Just two more days this week. I can't handle the nerves and I'm not even writing. Everyone don't forget to hydrate, take some vitamins, get some sort of sleep, and pay off those pesky judges now!