Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
Mitsuki Mitsuki Mitsuki
The Shadow Queen

Game NameThe Shadow Queen
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeFighting against myths nobody believes are real, make the world a better place
FlavourHeroic Fantasy, Adventure, Possibly Science Fantasy
Plot Summary
The story so far...The Shadow Queen, a fairy tale told to children to make them behave. Or so you thought, until you and your comrades met her in person and realized she and her organization are a real threat to the entire world.

The Shadow Queen is an ancient fairy who destroyed a large part of the world with an together with her Dark Court mostly made of her elite knights. She only left death and destruction in her wake. You know she is real, but the people around you do not believe she is real and most importantly do not want to. As the world ignores the queen, her power grows until she can no longer be stopped.

This game use Fellowship, a PBTA(powered by the apocalypse) game made by Vel Mini and Liberi Gothica Games where a group of adventures face of against the overlord and try to make the world a better place while they're at it. Players decide what their own people are like, so the player who plays the elf will be asked every question about elves and will decide what elves look like, for example.

I've provided a character template so you can easily post your characters down bellow. Fill out everything except bonds, and possibly move or gear options that specify a specific other player. Basically do everything until part 6 of quick start(introduce your hero) said part 6 included(3 facts about your people and explaining why you are the champion of you're people). Note that no two players can have the same playbook so if you post a character with a playbook someone else has posted as well I can't take you two for the same game. If you take the elf you aren't an elf, you are the champion of the elves. All playbooks that are allowed to be used with the overlord are allowed, from all 4 books. I'm looking for 3-4 players. Expected Posting rate is twice a week. I also ask that if you have questions ask them here instead of in DM, so that everyone can see them if there are multiple people with the same question. Also post characters here, so everyone can see what playbooks are already applied for. Deadline is 17th of July.

Playbooks can be found here. Allowed to be shared thanks to the Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.

Template
Character Name:
Playbook:

Looks:

Agenda:
• Be Brave, Take Risks
• Tell Us Of Your People
• Improve The World Around You

3 facts of your people:

Stats:
• Blood:
• Courage:
• Grace:
• Sense:
• Wisdom:

Gear:
Name(uses): tags

Bonds:

Moves:

What is a X:
name:
move:

Core moves:
name:
move:

Custom moves:
name:
move:

other notes:

extra:
RP Sample: Doesn't have to be with this character, just so I can get an idea of how you write.

Last edited by Mitsuki; Jul 12th, 2021 at 06:34 PM.
Old Jun 29th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5526
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Very interested.
Place holder for a character.
Old Jun 30th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Old Fashioned, please

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6796
Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep Skep
Tentative interest. I like the premise, and the Lantern would fit a character I've wanted to play for years really well. Just need to look over the rulebooks.

Hi Kanly! How did Dragon Heist go?
Old Jun 30th, 2021, 10:50 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Skep, great to hear from you! The Lantern is a great playbook and I think it could have some wonderful options for this game.

Last edited by kanly; Jul 1st, 2021 at 01:31 AM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 02:20 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
Mitsuki Mitsuki Mitsuki
Lantern would definitely work! Can't wait to see both of your characters.

Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 02:28 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, since Mitsuki is agreeable to my character concept, there is no reason to keep it secret anymore.
As a counterpoint to your Lantern Skep, I am thinking to create an Exiled with Shadow as their "Forbidden Element".
Application (WIP)Character Name: Cormyth the Blighted

First Impressions: Cormyth is heavily muscled for an elf, with a tall sturdy frame that might be more commonly found on a half elf than a full blood elf. His long black hair, which contrasts sharply with his pale skin, is pulled back to reveal several facial scars and extensive ebony tattoos on his neck that disappear below his collar. However, the rest of his body is concealed beneath a long flowing cloak so dark it almost seems like it was cut from the very heart of night. The cloak can't conceal that he walks slowly and with a slight limp, though his unusual gait does not seem to cause him any pain. When he turns sharply, the cloak swirls open for a moment revealing simple yet well crafted clothing of black and white. At his waist is an exquisitely wrought saber with a basket hilt crafted to resemble a black rose blossom.

Playbook: The Exiled

3 Facts:
1) Members of every race have been blighted by the "forbidden element" of shadow, though it is uncertain if the Shadow Queen's presence is causing the blight or if the blight called her from wherever she had been banished to.
2) Since it isn't known how the blight spreads, those with it are often treated as though they had a contagious disease.
3) With no one else to turn to, many of the blighted have turned to one another, forming a guild of sorts.

Player Triggers: I believe that the site's PG-13 rating should be sufficient to avoid any particularly triggering situations for me.

Last edited by kanly; Jul 13th, 2021 at 03:06 AM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 09:07 AM
Old Fashioned, please

Tools
User Statistics
Oh my gosh. Kanly, you mad, mad genius.

I don't want to spoil my app reveal, but...

I think there's going to be some very, very interesting overlap if we work together on this.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 02:02 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
We're twinsies!
Yes, I would be quite happy to work together with you about creating an intertwined background for our characters (if that's what you're suggesting of course )

Last edited by kanly; Jul 3rd, 2021 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 02:39 PM
Black Lives Matter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2808
slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick
This is very tempting. My mind tells me I shouldn't apply for another game, but my heart has been wanting to try out Fellowship for a while, and I don't have any fantasy games on my roster. Consider this tentative interest!

Edit: I'm not able to commit to this game at this time, but best of luck! Wonderful to see more PbtA on the site.

Last edited by slapstick; Jul 12th, 2021 at 05:21 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 02:53 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23151
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
I have glanced over Fellowship in the past and it is one of those games that consistently intrigues me. In going through the playbooks, I have to say that the Spy immediately hooked me. I'll give things some thought over the weekend and see where I stand on following through with that idea.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 03:57 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Slapstick and PCB! Nice to see both of you checking out this game. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 06:07 PM
Old Fashioned, please

Tools
User Statistics
Tell you what I'ma do then Kanly, let me get down what I have for my character already, and then we can meet in the middle somewhere

Application (Complete)
right-aligned image

Name: Kirithwyn and Lily the Firefly
Playbook: The Lantern

Look: Tired eyes, scars from sword and burns; long, black hair pulled back; dignified black dress and walking stick; weakened figure

Agenda:
Be Brave, Take Risks
Tell Us Of Your People
Improve The World Around You
Salvation — Seek out your own peace of mind
They Need Me — Don't let them go ahead with their poor decisions

What is a Lantern?: Knights — The Lanterns are peacekeepers, protecting this world from all that would threaten it.

Lantern's Core Moves:
You carry a little light with you - perhaps a fairy, or a hologram, or a little angel, or a divine piece of a god. It generally floats around wherever it wishes, but it sticks close to you and rests inside a lantern you carry.

Your little light cannot speak, but it can point things out to you with beams of light, and flicker or change color to relay simple messages.

Your little light will always provide light for you, and it can change its form to suit your needs. Its forms are listed in your Gear. When your little light takes damage, it heals at the end of the scene. Your little light cannot leave its Lantern Form while it is damaged.
Your Little Light
When you command the light to do as you say, choose a spell from the list and mark it. You cannot use a marked spell.

When you Fill Your Belly, remove a mark from one spell.
When you Recover, remove all marks from your spells.

Choose one, and tell us how you do it:
  • Bridge: The light makes a path, forming a rainbow road for you to walk on. This bridge can connect any two well-lit places that you can see.
  • Flash: The light blinds everyone nearby, except you.
  • Shadow: The light flees the area, plunging it into darkness.
  • Wall: The light grows still, forming a wall of hard light to block off a passageway.
Bend Light
When you tell someone what is best for them, you mean it, and they listen, roll +Wisdom. On a 10+, they will do as you say, with Hope. On a 7-9, they'll do it, but they either do it in the way they think is best, or they will only do it if you help them. On a 6-, they reject your advice entirely.

When you Reveal The Way to another player, instead of rolling, they choose how they react. If they take your advice, they roll with Hope next time they follow it. If they refuse your advice outright, they roll with Hope the next time they do something to spite you.
Reveal the Way

Lantern's Custom Moves:
You may damage your little light to heal someone.Healing Light
Take a Custom Move from any basic playbook.

You may also take an Agenda from the chosen playbook.
Worldly Knowledge (Squire)
You alone are the voice of reason in this insane world.

When you offer advice to another player and they ignore it, you are filled with Hope during any attempts to bail them out of whatever mess they got themselves into. Basically, if you could say "I told you so" after your action, you have Hope to do it.
Voice of Reason

Stats:
Blood+1
Courage+2
Grace-1
Sense+0
Wisdom+2

Gear:
Lantern
Walking stick
Food
A proper sword
An effective shield
Ornate armor
Jewelry

Three Facts About Lanterns:
  1. The Lanterns are a subset of elves who believe that all light is the aura of the Goddess, which protects all living things from shadow. Any being that is exposed to complete and total darkness has lost the Goddess's protection, and is thus susceptible to corruption.
  2. An elf becomes a Lantern when their Firefly manifests itself on their tenth birthday. A Lantern embodies the ideals of Strength, Courage, and Beauty. Young Lanterns receive tutelage at the Halls, where most Lanterns reside.
  3. All Lanterns are trained in the effective use of sword, shield, and armor. However, they also perform civil ceremonies, cultivate bioluminescent plant life, and are sought-after as advisors and explorers.

About the Lanterns:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Skep; Jul 10th, 2021 at 09:47 AM.
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 09:55 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
WIPCormyth, was the second son of a minor noble house. Wealthy enough that he never wanted for anything, but not important enough that anyone of real power would ever look twice at him. What little was expected of the family fell on the other members of it: his elder brother dutifully shouldered the responsibilities as heir to the Blightwood, while his sister had joined the Lanterns and was making quite a name for herself there. He was left with nothing to do but gamble, carouse and drink his life away, and he was fine with that. Day after day and night after night he did little and less that would ever leave a mark on history. Then, one night a few of the rakes that were his drinking biddies challenged him to serenade them from the rooftop of an ancient well that they happened to be drinking next to. Inevitably, things went wrong, and when he put a foot wrong he plunged trough a rotten section into the well below. His "friends," fearing that they would be blamed for any harm that had befallen him, fled like rats abandoning a sinking ship.
When Cormyth awoke, he wasn't sure where he was or how long it had been, all he knew was that he hurt. He was badly battered and his face was cut up pretty badly in several places, but the real problem was his leg which he had shattered in several places. In fact, he wasn't sure why he was even conscious at this point, but then he heard it. At first, it was a tickling whisper just on the edge of his hearing like silken petals rustling in an evening breeze but slowly it grew until it became a strange siren song which drowned out every other sound. The music compelled him to drag his broken body mile after agonizing mile through twisting tunnels until it finally opened up into a large natural cavern with a white sand floor. There, in the middle of the space was a beautiful black rose with a long thorny stem floating chest high if Cormyth had been able to stand, and it was the rose making the enchanting song which had called him so far. As Cormyth crawled toward it, he realized that it wasn't a real flower, but rather a sword cunningly crafted to resemble one instead.

Last edited by kanly; Jul 10th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2021, 05:43 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
Inlaa Inlaa Inlaa Inlaa Inlaa
I've heard about Fellowship being really fun in the past, but I've never actually had a chance to try it. I'm eyeballing playbooks right now and deciding what I want to play, but I think I'll probably apply with...

A) The Shattered, specifically with the 'Platoon' type (it seems so fun to roleplay!),
B) The Tinker, because having a giant mech and being a tinker type character is just cool,
C) The Dragon, because *freaking dragons,*
or D) The Squire, because every Frodo needs a Samwise Gamgee.

I'll give this more thought and then I'll post my application proper once I've decided. I'm not staking claim to any of these, so if anyone else picks one of these before I do, that's fine with me!
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 08:36 AM
Old Fashioned, please

Tools
User Statistics
@Kanly: If both of our characters are originating from the same people, I believe I need to leave it to you to define those people? Since I'll be crafting the Lanterns, that seems only fair—this is actually a big part of creating the game world, and I don't want to step on your toes.

I'm going to hold off on the Lanterns for a bit yet, I'd like to get an idea of some of the other groups first so I can see how the Lanterns fit into the picture