Other Four Hairs of Grugni’s Beard (WFRP) - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 06:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 177
Jayth Jayth
Four Hairs of Grugni’s Beard (WFRP)

Game NameFour Hairs of Grugni’s Beard

Game SystemWarhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 4th Edition
ThemeA quest to find the hidden and ancient mining valley of the dwarves
FlavourA light-hearted epic romp across the Old World
Plot SummaryThe attackers came at night to the sleepy village Rechtsknabel in the heart of the Empire. They slew without mercy those they could find and destroyed the village utterly in a mix of fire and sulphuric heresy. Those few who survived the night, lucky few that they were, saw the dawn sun shine down upon utter desolation. There were rumors amongst the refugees about red beasts of fire and ash, even great axe wielding winged fiends. Perhaps this was true, perhaps not.

Curiously, a dwarven visitor from the high northern mountains was at Rechtsknabel that night. His broken body, defiant, singed and scarred had only a few words for you before he left to sleep with his ancestors.

“They have found me man-ling, elf, or whatever you be. Don’t let them find the four hairs! Aye, there’ll be gold a-plenty for you if you get there first but my cousins must be told to start the fires of Khaz-Graduul again. The high king demands it! You will need it. If you don’t this won’t be the last burned village you see. Find my battle-brother, Rwarii, in Marienburg. Tell him the ‘bright shield’ sent you.”

SettingThis will be an epic level adventure beginning right in the heart of Wissenland and touring across the Moot into Sylvania, a trip to see the Border Princes, the ancient dwarves in the southern realm, Athel-Loren and beyond. If you're new to the Warhammer setting, it's a good opportunity for you to get accustomed to it. If you're no stranger to Gotrek and Felix, Archaon, and the Bretonnian Lords, then this should provide you with lots of opportunities to see familiar faces and regions.

Applications and Character Creation
Character Creation Character creation follows the rules found in Warhammer Fantasy Role-play, 4th edition core rulebook. As per the written rules, players can elect to do character creation with some (or all random) elements or make specific choices. As far as I am concerned you can create your characters as you please with no reference to me - no need to send me dice rolls, I trust you. For those feeling confident enough to do so, please use the character application A.

To make it easier on people who are perhaps new and would like to play but are a bit daunted by it a character application will be accepted if you choose a species from the given list and suitable career. Certain careers are technically locked out for certain species, though the nice folks at Cubicle 7 have provided a means for any species to play as any career if they want. If you are new, or would like help in making a full character application, please use character application B.

Character Application A
Basic Info
NAME SPECIES CLASS CAREER CAREER PATH AGE
FATE RESILIANCE XP
WOUNDS CURRENT  

Characteristics
WS BS S T I Ag Dex Int WP Fel
Initial  
Advances  
Current  

Basic Skills
Name Characteristic Base Adv Skill
Art Dex  
Athletics Ag   
Bribery Fel    
Charm Fel   
Charm Animal WP   
Climb S    
Cool WP    
Consume Alcohol T    
Dodge Ag    
Drive Ag    
Endurance T    
Entertain Fel    
Gamble Int    
Gossip Fel    
Haggle Fel    
Intimidate S    
Intuition I    
Leadership Fel    
Melee (Basic) WS    
Melee WS    
Navigation I    
Outdoor Survival Int    
Perception I    
Ride Ag    
Row S    
Stealth Ag    

Advanced/Group Skills
Name Characteristic Base Adv Skill

Anything else - Spells, animals, etc.
What do you have in your possession?

Tell us about you
  • What is your background?
  • What circumstance brought you to Rechtsknabel?
  • Short term goal?
  • Long term goal?

Character Application B
Basic Info
NAME SPECIES CLASS CAREER CAREER PATH AGE

Tell us about you
  • What is your background?
  • What circumstance brought you to Rechtsknabel?
  • Short term goal?
  • Long term goal?

Species and Class/Careers
Use the following tables to help you fill in the information above.
Species
Human, Halfling, Dwarf, High Elf, Wood Elf

Classes/Careers
Class Career
Academic Apothecary
  Engineer
 Lawyer
 Nun
 Physician
 Priest
 Scholar
 Wizard
Burgher Agitator
 Artisan
 Beggar
 Investigator
 Merchant
 Rat Catcher
 Townsman
 Watchman
Courtiers Advisor
 Artist
 Duellist
 Envoy
 Noble
 Servant
 Spy
 Warden
Peasants Bailiff
 Hedge Witch
 Herbalist
 Hunter
 Miner
 Mystic
 Scout
 Villager
Rangers Bounty Hunter
 Coachman
 Entertainer
 Flagellant
 Messenger
 Pedlar
 Road Warden
 Witch Hunter
Riverfolk Boatman
 Huffer
 Riverwarden
 Riverwoman
 Seaman
 Smuggler
 Stevedore
 Wrecker
RoguesBawd
 Charlatan
 Fence
 Grave Robber
 Outlaw
 Racketeer
 Thief
 Witch
WarriorsCavalryman
 Guard
 Knight
 Pit Fighter
 Protagonist
 Soldier
 Slayer
 Warrior Priest

Other information
Posting rate: 1-2 per week.
Wanted: 4 - 6 players.
Current accepted applications:

Player Name Character Name Gender Career Species
DemonSlayer Esma Balog F Entertainer Human
ChevaliersKirsa ViermetzFCoachmanHuman
DebiRedHairGralshMSlayerDwarf
Talissen70Dozer FudbucketMThiefHalfling
mightymconeshotCaligula "Cali" Oppius VodkaleggerMMerchantHalfling
UrsinorumWendell UmlaufMWitchHuman

Last edited by Jayth; Jul 22nd, 2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 11:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5756
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
There's too few Warhammer games going on, so I'd be very happy to apply for this one! Since character generation sort of requires a lot of dice rolling, would you like us to PM you the rolls? Or do you have a post set up for that already?

Also, Googling Rechstknabel didn't return any results, so could you tell us a little bit about this village? Our destination seems to be Marienburg, but in which province do we start?

Looking forward to this !
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 12:52 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Great to hear it Demon Slayer. As WFRP4e goes back to 1e in offering a choice, my intention is to let people pick the starting careers they want or to roll up characters using the random method giving in the book (with appropriate bonus XP) etc. The only really important thing to me will be establishing characters short and long term goals. As to the rolling of character stats, I trust potential players to do so without reference to me. So unless people want specific help from me, I’m happy to see what comes my way.

As to Rechtsknabel, it was a small village in the heart of the Empire not 20 miles from the great gunnery city of Nuln. Sylvania lies about 200 miles south and east with its dreaded Vampire counts. Athel Loren lies to the West, not 50 miles away, it’s dangerous glades home to the Wood elves and their forest kin. The Moot and its halflings a short trip as well, maybe some 70 miles east. Almost dead north, about 150 miles or so away is the Imperial Capital of Altdorf, Marienburg laying not far to the west of that. Conveniently, Rechtsknabel seems to be located within easy distance of all potential playable races and all potential careers. Curious. ��

As a village it was a simple one. Nothing much out of the ordinary. Farmers took the wares to Nuln, and apart from the occasional troop of mounted pistoliers using one of the many large pastures for drill practice (and making impressionable young villagers swoon). life was quiet here. However, as a cross roads that cut across the imperial lands, Rechtsknabel did see heavy traffic, although little of it ever doing more than pass through. The dwarf had been some exception to this, having tried to take shelter in a now incinerated barn.
Old Jul 5th, 2021, 06:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5756
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Thanks for clarifying!

I'm still working on my application- it is nearly done, but I still need to write out personality and appearance, then double-check for things like spelling and grammar, silly mistakes on the character sheet, and maybe tweak a few things here and there.

Also I bought a chicken! Because it is basically the only thing in the book I had enough money for, and hey, an egg each day is practically a luxurious lifestyle in the Empire!

Application
right-aligned image
  • Name: Esma Balog
  • Species: Human
  • Class & Career: Ranger (Entertainer)

Appearance
Short of stature, lithe, and with olive skin and long, black hair flowing down to her hips, Esma is quite obviously of Strigany descent. She looks out into the world with sparkling, dark brown eyes, and a wide, inviting smile. A practiced entertainer, Esma has learned how to win the hearts of a crowd. Her friendly words and playful manner have often diffused volatile confrontations between her people and the superstitious subjects of the Empire- long enough, at least, for her and hers to make their escape.

As one of a handful who dwell in the Empire, Esma is mercifully free of the deformities so commonly found among the poor. However, she bears a tattoo showing the crescent moon on the inside of her slender right wrist, while the long, elegant fingers of her left hand are wrapped around with tattoos of serpents. In the right circumstances, this lends an air of mystique to the acrobatic actress- in the wrong ones, it is cause for suspicion.

While working, Esma prefers to wear loose fitting clothing in vibrant colours- predominantly reds and white, accentuated by blues and yellows. When not on the stage, however, the young Strigany woman hides herself in a grey cloak and greenish robes, worried her appearance might draw unwanted attention from the xenophobic people of the Empire.

Personality
Passionate and kind, Esma loves her freedom, and the ability to travel across the Empire, unburdened by the duties of the common people. She is friendly and outgoing, and enjoys making friends wherever she goes. However, these friendships usually remain superficial- for the Strigany actress knows well how quickly such relations with outsiders turn sour. Instead, she prefers the comfort of her own people's company- her brothers and sisters, cousins and friends who have kept her safe and comfortable all her life.

Esma loves stories- indeed, it is why she took to acting. Tales of heroes and cunning monsters are an escape from the cold, cruel world, and she loves both watching plays about epic tales being performed, and performing in them herself. She is also fond of music, and enjoys playing her fiddle to the delight of those around her.

When on the road, Esma helps to take care of the caravan's animals, and has grown particularly fond of a brown, especially docile chicken, which she has named Chavi. The animal tends to follow Esma around wherever she goes, which has led to some hilarious incidents where the chicken joined Esma on stage during her performance.

History
A young Strigany woman, Esma has traveled with her people's caravan all her life. Theirs was a simple life; travel from village to village, entertain the bored, miserable peasants of the Empire, persuade them to part with their coin, the leave before their patrons took offense to their presence. It was also a dangerous life, for the roads between villages were rife with beastmen and other horrors, while the Strigany could expect mistrust and, often, overt hostility when entering a new town. Priests condemned the Strigany as heretics, and superstitious peasants feared their carriages might contain the vampiric lords of undeath- both cause to be burned at the stake, or hung from the highest tree. And so, Esma's life was filled with travel, danger, and the close companionship of her own people.

Esma found solace in that companionship, never letting the hateful stares of the Empire's people get to her. She loved performing on stage as an actress and an acrobat. Her good looks and a knack for quickly picking up local dialects ensured the men of the Empire were more inclined to accept her presence, and her skill with the dagger ensured those who did harass her would soon regret their mistake. Esma loved traveling the lands of the Empire and Bretonnia, performing along the southern border of the Empire- Averland, Wissenland and a short- ill-advised stay in Stirland, as well as the mountaineous villages of Parravon. While taken with the culture in that kingdom west of the Grey Mountains, Esma's caravan rarely decided to go there, for braving the Reikland- home too many zealous bands of Sigmarites- was a risk often thought not worth taking.

Recently, however, the devoted of Sigmar caught up with Esma's traveling caravan in Averland. A witch hunter by the name of Torben Klempner led a band of angry peasants against what he perceived to be a "vile heretics, in league with fiends and vampires" against the Strigony. Esma's people scattered as the torch-bearing mob gave them no time to pack up their belongings. Esma was seperated from her people during the flight through the dark woods, but knew her people had a contingency for just such a situation. The Strigany elders had selected a few villages friendly to them across the Empire, and instructed their people to make their way to such a village in case they were ever lost. For the current area, that village was Rechtsknebel- a slightly larger town, a hub of activity which was accustomed to people who were not local.

However, when Esma arrived at the village, she found naught but a burned-out husk, and a delirious dwarf instructing her to travel to Marienburg. Of her people, there was no trace...

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Jul 18th, 2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jul 5th, 2021, 10:43 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Absolutely fantastic. I love her. I am sure there will be more to Chavi than meets the eye! Esma looks like the kind of cunning and resourceful person this quest needs.
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 09:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2123
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Mumble mumble mumble...

While I think about this, could I recommend tagging the ad as WFRP? Might be easier..
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Happy to do that Ursinorum. Didn’t see WFRP as an option in the tools. Any idea how I might change that tag?
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29176
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
I've edited your thread title. You have the power, Jayth, to edit the original post. For example, you can change "other roleplaying" in the "game system" fieldset to say whatever you want.
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Thank you very much Wynamoinen.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 01:08 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39392
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
What's your expected posting rate?
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
1-2 per week. Keep things easy going.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 07:08 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
If you're still accepting applications I'd love to put one in, I'm always up for more Warhammer.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 09:06 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Please do Chevaliers.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
I'll get my character up tomorrow, hopefully. I almost had it done then my tab crashed and it wiped my progress.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 09:42 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 475
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
The chance to play a Dwarven Slayer! Have none odvthwvbooks so would need help. Is that OK?

Short term goal: Stay alive and kill stunting

Long term goal: Die a glorious death and regain honor

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.