Other Four Hairs of Grugni’s Beard (WFRP) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 17th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 177
Jayth Jayth
Awesome to have you DebiRedHair. I will gladly help you with the main sheet but if you can just manage the questions in Character application B that would be great.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 10:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 475
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Background: Gralsh was just a Dwarven miner with a wife and two Dwarflings until the day that Greenskins raided the village and he awoke the morning after to find that while he had been knocked unconscious his family had been killed. He dyed his hair red, tattooed the words 'Death or Glory' across his chest and set off to seek revenge. He gave his oath to the All Father to fight until death in front of his neighbours. A slayer was born.
How did he get here? He has been walking the world fighting to protect the weak and kill aggressors. When he saw the smoke he ran to the village
Short term goal: Bring honour to the Dwarves by staying alive and growing stronger
Long term goal: Die a death that goes down in legend

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
I too am new to WFRP and so would need some assistance to form out the character but if that is ok I would like to present
Dozer Fudbucket 28y.o. Male
Halfling fresh in from the Moot
Rogue/Thief although he sees himself as a wandering cartographer who happens to be poor at drawing and concentration and a stunning knack for finding himself in the possession of other peoples belongings, only borrowed obviously.
Background: This behaviour was tolerated at home but he has found as he travelled down the river Aver, tolerance for his elastic view on ownership has wained. He was nearby when he heard about an attack and while he would say he is there to explore and learn, he feels chaos and confusion may have left a lot of lonely objects "well no-one was using it"
Short term goal: exploration and opportunistic thievery
Long term goal: a higher purpose in life (and opportunistic thievery)

Hope this is of interest, happy to alter character if it clashes too closely with another

Last edited by Talissen70; Jul 17th, 2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Happy to have you both on board. I will get to setting you up with some basic characters this evening.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Gralsh sheet (complete) - you can quote and make alterations as you see fit DebiRedHair.

Basic Info
NAME Gralsh SPECIES Dwarf CLASS Warrior CAREER Slayer CAREER PATH Troll Slayer - B2 AGE 77
FATE 2 RESILIANCE 2 XP 0
WOUNDS 16 CURRENT 16

Characteristics
WS BS S T I Ag Dex Int WP Fel
Initial 4031 3046 30 2138 30 51 27
Advances 2 2 1 
Current 42 3132 46 30 21 38 305227

Basic Skills
Name Characteristic Base Adv Skill
Art Dex 38 38
Athletics Ag 21 21
Bribery Fel 27 27
Charm Fel27 27
Charm Animal WP52 52
Climb S 32 32
Cool WP 521062
Consume Alcohol T 46854
Dodge Ag 21526
Drive Ag 21 21
Endurance T 46854
Entertain Fel 27 27
Gamble Int 30535
Gossip Fel 27 27
Haggle Fel 27 27
Intimidate S 32335
Intuition I 30 30
Leadership Fel 27 27
*Melee (Basic) WS 421052
Navigation I 30 30
Outdoor Survival Int 30 30
Perception I 30 30
Ride Ag 21 21
Row S 32 32
Stealth Ag 21 21

Advanced/Group Skills
Lore (Dwarfs)Int30535
Lore (Trolls)Int30535
HealInt30535

Talents
Relentless - When using advantage to disengage, keep advantage up to Ag.
Slayer - Use opponent’s T bonus instead of your S bonus when calc. dmg (if higher). If you crit, multiply dmg by number of steps opponent is larger than you.
Resolute - +1 to SB when charging.
Sturdy - Encumbrance abilities increased by 2.
Magic Resistance - oppose incoming spell with willpower as if it were dispel.
Night Vision - 20 yards vision in low illumination.

Anything else - Spells, animals, etc.
  • Ax, +SB+4 dmg.
  • Flask of Ale
  • Shame
  • Tatoos

Last edited by Jayth; Jul 17th, 2021 at 09:00 PM.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 05:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
right-aligned image

Basic Info
NAME Kirsa Viermetz SPECIES Human CLASS Ranger CAREER Coachman CAREER PATH Postilion AGE 24
FATE 3 FORTUNE 3/3 RESILIANCE 3 RESOLVE 3/3 XP 20
WOUNDS 14 CURRENT 14

Background:
Born and raised in the city of Wissenburg to a pair of clerks, Kirsa's parents both knew in their hearts that it was never likely that she would follow in their footsteps, given her rambunctious nature and frequently voiced distaste for the drudgery of such a profession. Her imagination was captured by the vibrant tales churned out by pamphleteers and penny dreadfuls of courageous Imperial patrols sweeping the Drakwald forest and gallant expeditions to distant continents in search of lost cities, and such fancies would not be sated from filling ledgers for the rest of her days. Instead of a cavalier life of adventure abroad, she was persuaded to take up coach driving in the hope that seeing other corners of the Empire would satisfy her spirit. Not a usual profession for young women, Kirsa plies her trade on a mostly ad hoc basis by ferrying cargo, mail, and the occasional passenger around Wissenland. It may not be a life of gallant adventure like she has read about, but it does give her the chance to explore the world beyond her home town and become acquainted with the other provinces of the Empire.

What brings you to Rechtsknabel?
In an attempt to circumvent a particularly egregious toll gate while returning from a delivery to Nuln, the young lady found herself driven off the road by a belligerent driver from a rival coaching concern. Forced to proceed on foot to the nearby village to get help, she hardly expected to find it in smouldering ruins given this was deep in the Empire's heartland.
Appearance:

Spending most of her time at the seat of a stagecoach has led Kirsa to adopt a function over form approach to fashion, concerned more with having the right clothes for the weather than with catching the eye of other townies. Her usual attire is a functional ensemble of a white shirt, breeches, and boots, leaving her fiery red hair as her most visually striking feature besides the trusty whip always looped on her waist for employment against whoever rouses her temper.

Her slight physique and fresh face make her something of an oddity in her chosen career path, her features not yet weathered by years of riding through driving rain and freezing winters, and her blue eyes too wide and inquisitive to fit in amongst her grizzled and grumbling peers.
Personality:

Hot-headed and eager to prove herself, Kirsa is still very much a novice of her craft. Though quick to anger when on the receiving end of the tools of her trade or confronted by over zealous toll-keepers, she is not wholeheartedly willing to adopt the cutthroat ruthlessness that typifies the conduct of coachmen throughout the Empire. Being ever on the lookout for a chance to earn some honest coin, she would rather stop and haggle a price for a ride than force already sodden travellers to duck into a muddy ditch as she barrels past.

Reliant on others to keep herself in employment, Kirsa does her best to keep a jovial demeanour in spite of the harsh conditions she has to work in. The chance of learning something new often spurs her to strike up a conversation with passers-by, which does much for her curiosity but not her schedule.
Motivation: Adventure
Short term goal: Fix her cart or save up enough to purchase a new one.
Long term goal: Go beyond the Empire's borders and visit other nations.
Characteristics
Initial 36 40 3337 33 31 31 36 29 33
Advances 3 2  
Current 3640 33 4033 31 31 36 3133

Basic Skills
Art Dex 31  
Athletics Ag 31   
Bribery Fel 33  
Charm Fel33336
Charm Animal WP31334
Climb S 33235
Cool WP 31536
Consume Alcohol T 40  
Dodge Ag 31  
Drive Ag 311041
Endurance T 40545
Entertain Fel 33  
Gamble Int 36  
Gossip Fel 33538
Haggle Fel 33336
Intimidate S 33  
Intuition I 33  
Leadership Fel 33  
Melee (Basic) WS 36541
Melee WS 36  
Navigation I 33  
Outdoor Survival Int 36  
Perception I 33538
Ride Ag 31  
Row S 33  
Stealth Ag 31  

Advanced/Group Skills
Animal CareInt36238
Lore(Reikland)Int36339
Ranged (Entangling)BS40747
Ride (Horse)Ag31334

Talents
-10 instead of -20 in situations where only second hand is used.Ambidextrous
Permanent +5 to Willpower, doesn't count towards advances.Coolheaded
Can replicate and identify notes perfectly without a test. Add Entertain (Sing) to career.Perfect Pitch
Permanent +5 to Intelligence, doesn't count towards advances.Savvy
Double the length of time granted by a successful Endurance test to endure a hardship. This includes prolonged exposure, riding, rituals and similar adversities.Tenacious

Equipment and Trappings4 silver shillings
Blank
Backapck with tinderbox
Cloak
Clothing
SB+2, Very Short reachDagger
Pouch
Warm Coat
Warm Gloves
SB+2, 6 range, entangling (any foe successfully hit gains entangled condition, can't use to hit while entanglingWhip

Last edited by Chevaliers; Jul 18th, 2021 at 09:50 AM.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Fantastic Chevaliers! Looks great. Accepted.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
Thanks! I'll get the rest of her info and skills sorted ASAP.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Dozer Fudbucket

Basic Info
NAME Dozer Fudbucket SPECIES Halfling CLASS Rogue CAREER ThiefCAREER PATH Prowler - B1AGE 28
FATE 2 RESILIANCE 4 XP 0
WOUNDS 10 CURRENT 10

Characteristics
Initial 21 4819 34 3828 32 25 3041
Advances 105  
Current 21 48 19 34 383837253041

Basic Skills
Art Dex 37 37
Athletics Ag 38543
Bribery Fel 41 41
Charm Fel41344
Charm Animal WP30 30
Climb S 19524
Cool WP 30535
Consume Alcohol T 34 34
Dodge Ag 381048
Drive Ag 38 38
Endurance T 34539
Entertain Fel 41 41
Gamble Int 25328
Gossip Fel 41 41
Haggle Fel 41344
Intimidate S 19 19
Intuition I 38543
Leadership Fel 41 41
Melee (Basic) WS 21 21
Navigation I 38 38
Outdoor Survival Int 25 25
Perception I 38543
Ride Ag 38 38
Row S 19 19
Stealth Ag 38543

Advanced/Group Skills
Sleight of HandDex37542
Stealth (Urban)Ag38543

Talents
Acute Sense (Taste) - Can make perception tests for small details with taste.
Night Vision - See 20 yards in low illumination.
Resistance (Chaos) - Automatically pass the first test for Chaos corruption.
Small
Nimble Fingered - +5 to Dex
Lightning Reflexes - +5 to Ag
Criminal - extra cash when undertaking employment activities.

Equipment and Trappings
Crowbar (+SB + 1 dmg. If used as a weapon)
Leather Jerkin (1AP - Arms and Torso)
Sack
Dagger - +SB +2 dmg.

What do you have in your possession?

Last edited by Jayth; Jul 17th, 2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2021, 05:46 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Basic Info
NAME Gralsh OrcSlayer SPECIES Dwarf CLASS Warrior CAREER Slayer CAREER PATH Troll Slayer - B2 AGE 77
FATE 2 RESILIANCE 2 XP 0
WOUNDS 16 CURRENT 16

Background and other information
Background: Gralsh Rockslammer was just a Dwarven miner with a wife, Catta, and two Dwarflings, Ferdy and Amma, until the day that Greenskins raided the village. He grabbed his pick and helmet and charged out of the house to fight them, and was cleaving green skin when a blow to the head knocked him out. He awoke the morning after to find that while he had been knocked unconscious his family had been killed. He did as was expected. He buried them with respect in the Clan graveyard and held a wake in which he drank himself under the table.
The following morning he rose early. He went to the local tattooist who carefully penned images of Catta, Ferdy and Amma on the rea above his heart nd the words 'Death and Glory' across his chest. He went home then left the village carrying nothing but his pick. He walked to the holy Shrine of Grimnir located within the treacherous peaks of Karak Kadrin, also known as Slayers Keep. There he would ritually shaved his head save for a solitary crest -- a fearsome plume which he dyed bright orange and stiffened with pig grease. He gave the Oath of the Salyer. ""I am a Dwarf! My honour is my life and without it I am nothing. I shall become a Slayer. I shall seek redemption in the eyes of my ancestors. I shall become as death to my enemies, until I face he that takes my life and my shame."" He cut his name upon a pillar, where the names of many other Slayers have been carved over the millennia, left the stronghold and marched into the treacherous wilderness. He deliberately seeks out battles with fearsome foes and against overwhelming odds, He has worked the world, fighting, eating, drinking and keeping his hair correctly styled. The tattoos on his body have grown with each dead foe inked onto his skin. A small dot for a goblin, and larger one for an orc or human. He has yet to kill something he will have to draw a face for. For now, he is an Orc Slayer only.

How did he get here? He has been walking the world fighting to protect the weak and kill aggressors. When he saw the smoke he ran to the village. Where there is smoke, there is usually a fight worth having!

Short term goal: Bring honour to the Dwarves by staying alive and growing stronger
Long term goal: Die a death that goes down in legend

Characteristics
Initial 4031 3046 30 2138 30 51 27
Advances 2 2 1 
Current 42 3132 46 30 21 38 305227

Basic Skills
Art Dex 38 38
Athletics Ag 21 21
Bribery Fel 27 27
Charm Fel27 27
Charm Animal WP52 52
Climb S 32 32
Cool WP 521062
Consume Alcohol T 46854
Dodge Ag 21526
Drive Ag 21 21
Endurance T 46854
Entertain Fel 27 27
Gamble Int 30535
Gossip Fel 27 27
Haggle Fel 27 27
Intimidate S 32335
Intuition I 30 30
Leadership Fel 27 27
*Melee (Basic) WS 421052
Navigation I 30 30
Outdoor Survival Int 30 30
Perception I 30 30
Ride Ag 21 21
Row S 32 32
Stealth Ag 21 21

Advanced/Group Skills
Lore (Dwarfs)Int30535
Lore (Trolls)Int30535
HealInt30535

Talents
Relentless - When using advantage to disengage, keep advantage up to Ag.
Slayer - Use opponent’s T bonus instead of your S bonus when calc. dmg (if higher). If you crit, multiply dmg by number of steps opponent is larger than you.
Resolute - +1 to SB when charging.
Sturdy - Encumbrance abilities increased by 2.
Magic Resistance - Oppose incoming spell with willpower as if it were dispel.
Night Vision - 20 yards vision in low illumination.

• Pick, +SB+4 dmg.
  • Flask of Ale
  • Shame
  • Tattoos
  • Gladiator sandals and a leather kilt
  • Pouch with razor, hair dye, blue tattoo dye and tattooing needles.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Jul 19th, 2021 at 06:45 AM.
Old Jul 18th, 2021, 07:50 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
Thanks Jayth, Dozer taking shape now. Do I need to do anything else other than noting his belongings?
I would like him to have a sling staff, a sling bag rather than a sack (cause he would want his hands free), a pipe and tobacco and a few pouches of general crap he has acquired (value not important)
I'm not sure how to work on that, do I have a starting budget or are some of these items not likely to be available.

Appreciate the help, this sounds like an interesting party.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 06:43 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Hi guys.

@DebiRedHair - a mining pick of the type I would allow you to have as a starting weapon would have the same “hand-weapon” stats as your ax. Feel free to change the name.

@Talissen70 - you can definitely get all of those things except the sling-staff. I am afraid that isn’t possible. Otherwise happy for you to have anything else from your requests.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 06:46 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayth View Post
Hi guys.

@DebiRedHair - a mining pick of the type I would allow you to have as a starting weapon would have the same “hand-weapon” stats as your ax. Feel free to change the name.
Change made. Thanks. Gralsh is ready to go!

Old Jul 19th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5634
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayth View Post
@Talissen70 - you can definitely get all of those things except the sling-staff. I am afraid that isn’t possible. Otherwise happy for you to have anything else from your requests.
Welcome to WFRP, where you'll be happy to own a wooden stick ! I did the exact same thing once, buying a sling staff for my character because it was the only weapon he could afford (barely). Then later, in game, I found out I couldn't actually use it, because I didn't have the Ranged (Sling) skill... technically there's two other careers which eventually get access to slings... And four which eventually gain Ranged (any), but they're probably going to pick something better than slings!Which is basically unique to the rat catcher. So that was a waste of silver!
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 11:19 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
We’re almost ready to start and we have the minimum number of characters. I will still accept applications up until Friday then we shall begin.