RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 10th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20035
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Sensaos Chéron
Race: Half-elf
Culture: Tallasi
Class: Bard - College of Lore
Background: Entertainer
Alignment: CG

Character Sheet

Personality: Sensaos is great at dissolving conflict with word, song, or music. She loves to make people smile, and doing what you love and getting paid for it just doesn't seem like work to her. She loves teasing people who can take it and getting jibes back in return.
If forced into a confrontation of protecting herself by having to induce bodily harm, she'll shoot her crossbow from a distance to try and ward off foes. If forced face to face, she'll try to throw her dagger and move back to use her crossbow.

Traits Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
I love a good insult, even one directed at me.

Ideals: I like seeing the smiles on people's faces when I perform. That's all that matters.

Bonds: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.

Flaws: I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake that I will likely repeat.

Description: She stands about 5'3" and weighs around 120 lbs. She's deceptively pretty and her smile brightens up a room. She carries two stringed instruments - the viol and the lute -, and one stringed weapon, a light crossbow. A pack, Leather armor and a dagger complete what gear can be seen.

Background: Sensaos was rescued from an Astellian ship wreck when she was very young. Vangrian sailors brought her to a southern port city in the Tiedense Empire, and left her at the docks for the city watch to deal with. She is obviously of the Astellian peoples, given her name, skin color and accent. They only relayed that they had come across other Astellian ships and crews, but those wouldn't take Sensaos as she was of mixed human and elven lineage and they knew nothing else about her. She was around 2-3 years old and though she spoke quite well, she couldn't relate a lot due to her age. She only knew her first name.
She was adopted by a Tallasi family who live and work in the Tiedense Empire, and given their last name. This family owns and operates several Taverns and Inns in this city where she was taken to and others.

Her humming while hanging around Taverns and Inns with family during the day time didn't go unnoticed. With a beautiful voice, and impeccable timing, she was given stringed instruments to learn and play. She took to them like she was born to play and perform.
She started with early evening crowds, and when she hit her teen years, moved on to larger evening crowds. Now, she's a favorite everywhere she goes where they've heard of her and where she's been.
From early on she "feels" like something is missing; though not something she hasn't done. Something natural and flowing that should go along with her music and the feeling she gets from it is just beyond her. She's studied a bit of history as she's now branched out to other towns to see new things and perform for new crowds. She eagerly finds information on the past where she can, though her primary goal is to keep performing and growing in popularity and being able to ask for more coin to perform when occasions arise.
She has begun to "feel" that what is missing, is the old magic of myths and legends. Furthermore, she "feels" like she is heading for an encounter, or a revelation wherein she'll see this magic for herself.
Arriving in Chesire, she heads for the largest Tavern or Inn she can find to offer her services.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jul 11th, 2021 at 03:10 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 02:07 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
TheWestWall TheWestWall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Is the Half-elf race available to play? If not, I'll adjust the race below.
Half-Elves are absolutely allowed, though their race is heavily ostracized as unnatural. Keep this in mind.

Last edited by TheWestWall; Jul 11th, 2021 at 02:08 AM.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 02:08 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheWestWall TheWestWall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerdon View Post
Sweet. I just finished Kieran then, and threw up a link in his app for his sheet!
I love what you've done thus far! I do ask that you put in your application what culture Kieran is part of.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 07:16 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 401
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Already done! Re-read through things a few times last night and saw the app format, adding it between race and class. And before I forget, one more question, how are we handling rolling for HP? The last thing I need for my official sheet

Last edited by Dyerdon; Jul 11th, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheWestWall TheWestWall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerdon View Post
Already done! Re-read through things a few times last night and saw the app format, adding it between race and class. And before I forget, one more question, how are we handling rolling for HP? The last thing I need for my official sheet
HP will be max first level and then rolled after that. I will be setting up a dice roll thread when the game threads are created. I don't want people rolling the ad thread please.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I believe my character's application is complete. I may add a bit to her background as I feel inspired, but that's the core of her and who she is.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheWestWall TheWestWall
I am loving all the different applications we have received!

Just a reminder that this Friday will be the close of Applications.
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11462
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
My application is almost complete, I've got everything done except the backstory which is kind of running away with me. I'm trying to keep it brief but... well, I'm failing.

I had planned to apply as an Arcane Trickster, but looking at the classes on the other applications I thought that applying with another rogue might be a bit much, so I've pivoted to Eldritch Knight. I'll miss the potential shenanigans of Mage Hand Legerdemain, but c'est la vie.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, I'll have my application in by the morning, thirteen or fourteen hours from the time of this post.
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 02:51 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 481
CodeHamster CodeHamster CodeHamster CodeHamster CodeHamster
I haven't been able to work on my Sorcerer yet due to changes in my work schedule. I'll finally have some time to do it tomorrow.
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11462
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Caracalla (Cara) Lucretia
Race: Human variant
Culture: Romian
Class: I expect Cara to start taking levels in Wizard after level 4, if it makes sense according to what happens in-game.Fighter - Eldritch Knight
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Cara is driven to better herself, largely as a consequence of her upbringing with her sister. In practice this means a whole host of things; acquiring more wealth, nicer clothes, greater status, more and better friends, and improving her already considerable skills.

She hasn’t let this hunger consume her, though, as she watched it consume Hilaria. She realises that improving one area of her life at the expense of others is not, in fact, a net gain.

To others she appears enthusiastic and eager-to-please, always bustling about as though her energy is inexhaustible. She often sings little made-up wordless tunes while performing mindless tasks, if asked she would say that it helps her to concentrate. Friends find her to be loyal and helpful, if perhaps a little overbearing.

Mechanical BackgroundBackground: Cara spent much of her childhood scamming the rich and (not too) powerful. I would like to swap the game proficiency for Thieves Cant, if that’s okay.Criminal

Traits
I find that a simple smile disarms more effectively than any trickery with a sword.
My sunny façade conceals a ruthless determination.

Ideals
Self-improvement. Although I was born a nobody, there is no reason for me to stay that way.

Bonds
Hilaria may not be my favourite person any more, but if she was in trouble I’d come running.

Flaws
I am my own worst critic and will agonise over every mistake I make.
Despite my best efforts I cannot forget the man who scarred me, and I would seek vengeance should I ever get the chance.

Description: The three scars running down Cara's right cheek are the first thing most people notice about her, and it can be hard for some to see past them. For those that do, however, the next thing they notice is her determined amber eyes, which are quick to mirth but turn equally swiftly back to seriousness. Cara's complexion is coppery, and is set off pleasingly with her straight black hair, which she habitually ties back.

She can most often be seen wearing dark and utilitarian clothing, although she relishes the rare moments when she can don a colourful dress and dance. At these times she tries to style her hair so that it covers her scars, with mixed success.

Last edited by Lazer; Jul 16th, 2021 at 04:38 AM.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2667
gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Loreia Marsa
Race: Human
Culture: Romian
Class: Wizard (School of Divination)
Background: Sage (Researcher)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88925

Traits: I've read every book in the world’s greatest libraries — or I like to boast that I have. There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.

Ideals: Power. Knowledge is the path to power and domination.

Bonds: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question.

Flaws: Unlocking an ancient mystery is worth the price of a civilization.

Description: Fair-haired and diminutive in appearance, on first impressions Loreia looks like a timid soul. But the gentle curves of her face and the youthfulness of her complexion hide a passionate ambition, only visible through her wide and inquisitive eyes. Look too deep though and the hypnotic blue irises will charm your wits away as the devious mind behind searches deep within your soul for the answer to a question best not asked. And to those foolish enough to think she is an easy target; speak out of line or force her hand and you will feel the blunt side of her quarterstaff on the side of your head.

Background: Loreia is a very studious individual, always with her head in a book. Being of Romian descent she is deemed as almost an outcast in most societies, though she finds peace and solitude in her new home in the Kassian Union. The Luarian people are more tolerant of her heritage and less prone to judgement. In fact, it was a Luarian diplomat who offered her a position as his research assistant; a job that she excels in and that gives her ample opportunity to spend even more time in the libraries across the continent.

Because Loreia believes. She believes that the history books can't be wrong. That the myths and legends of magical creatures, and people able to perform impossible feats, must be based on some element of truth. She believes that somewhere, in some obscure book, it is written how to perform such acts of superhuman ability. And if she can find that book, and learn how to control magic, then she can use the power to resurrect the Romian Empire and set right the wrongs committed against her people!
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheWestWall TheWestWall
I was expecting some great applications, and I was not let down at all.

Originally, I was going to accept three players to start, but I may have to expand that number to four, as there are simply too many good characters to pass up.

I will be making my decision on Friday, and I am going to have such a tough time!
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 481
CodeHamster CodeHamster CodeHamster CodeHamster CodeHamster
Application is mostly complete. Just haven't done the character sheet yet. Should I fill it out normally for a level three Sorcerer and I just don't have access to any of my spells yet?

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Emmerich Amsel
Nickname: Emm
Race: High Elf
Culture: Turchian
Class: Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)
Background: Guild Artisan
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Character Sheet:

Personality: A long life of working with tiny, delicate, objects has made Emm a very patient and meticulous person. An absolute perfectionist who spends far too much time hyper focused on one task. He enjoys silence and can sometimes go days without talking if left alone to his work. But he isn't rude, in fact he can be overly polite, if somebody tries to strike up a conversation he does respond. He's got one of those voices that you can't help but like listening to and he is quite good with people and making them feel comfortable around him. But that doesn't mean he trusts people. In fact it's quite the opposite. He knows people too well for that, been in the business of trade for a long time. He expects people to lie and to try and scam him almost to a fault. Honesty from other people comes as a shock to him, even when he himself is as open and honest as they come.

Traits: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.
I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it-I'm a perfectionist.

Ideals: Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood.

Bonds: The workshop where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me.

Flaws: I'm quick to assume someone is trying to cheat me.

Description: Emm stands at about 5' 7" and weighs about 129lbs. He's thin, build more for grace and delicate work than for physical labor. His long hair is ombre, starting at black and slowly fading to gray as it goes down. He keeps is tied back neatly. His eyes are pale green in color. His skin light with a dusting of freckles across his nose and cheeks. He likes to dress well but not overly fine. Keeping to clothing that is more practical, but just refined enough to make sure that customers are off put. He has multiple piercings in each ear and likes to wear small earrings, studs, cuffs, and the occasional small hoop. He has a scar through his lip, caused by a snapped wire hitting him in the face and his hands, especially the fingers, are covered in small scars from the work that he does.

Background: From the moment he was born it was obvious that Emm was different from the rest of his family. A literal black sheep among a sea of fair haired siblings. His father accused his mother of cheating on him. But the truth was far more...unpleasant. The shame of it causing his mother to hide what had happened up until the moment it could no longer be hidden. His parents are still happily married, but the knowledge of what had happened to his mother still caused the slightest bit of tension between them.

Emm's family was simple, basic minded, they owned a small general store in a big city. Mainly drawing in adventurers looking for basic supplies. Emm was sure he was going to die of sheer boredom before reaching adulthood. The moment Emm turned sixteen, he escaped his boring family and entered into trade school. He started out as a tailor, learning to sew and create his own clothing. But the pieces he made were not liked by many. He just didn't understand fashion. He did leatherworking for a time, but found the creation of armor to be boring. Even did woodworking for a short period of time. He liked the delicate work of carving involved with that, but he was most certainly not cut out for carpentry.

Then he tried jewelry making and it was practically love at first sight. The small, delicate work kept his mind focused. He especially liked working with wire, the way you could twist and bend it to create intricate designs. Finally, after spending nearly half his life finding a trade, he had one.

His first job out of trade school was boring. He found work in a jewelry store copying the design of already created pieces for a bunch of snooty nobles. But it did allow him to buy a small house, and still be able to eat. He stuck with it for nearly five years. He quit the day that a wire he was wrapping for a necklace snapped and hit him in the face. His boss wanted him to spend the several hours it would take to finish the piece before tending to the injury.

The next job was much of the same, but far more short lived. A rather famous jeweler was visiting the shop and looking at some of the artisans who worked there's own designs. Emm was invited to join him in his own shop making far more than just wedding rings and sparkly necklaces.

Emm has been at the shop ever since. Having taken it over when the famous jeweler decided to retire. His work is rather well known at this point, at least in some circles. He's known for making pieces almost entire out of stone and wire. Bracelets, rings, circlets, you name it. His style is one where you either love it, or hate it. Just as many dismiss his work as who praise it. But Emm doesn't care. He likes what he does. His shop is known as a place where artisan jewelers can express themselves, without the worry of whether a piece will sell or not.

Emm has been in the jewelry game for a very long time. He's almost 115 at this point. While he still does enjoy the work that he does, it doesn't have the same spark of passion that it had long enough. Emm has decided to take a break from jewelry making, leaving his shop in the hands of Leon his business partner and best friend. Emm has decided to spend some time traveling the land and seeing the sights, something he has never done before. Hoping that perhaps he can find that spark of passion once again.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@TheWestWall - here's a running list if it helps. Everyone, please feel free to update/use as you see fit.
- D

Player Character Gender/Race Class
delpinator Bjornstein rominav Male Human Ranger - Monster Slayer
Dyerdon Kieran Goldlilly Male Halflling Rogue - Thief
Solid Snek Zemirah Nyong'o Female Human Rogue 1/ Bard 2
Drachenspirit Sensaos Chéron Female Half-elf Bard - College of Lore
Lazer Caracalla (Cara) Lucretia Female Human Fighter - Eldritch Knight
gavins38 Loreia Marsa Female Human Wizard - School of Divination
CodeHamster Emmerich Amsel Male High Elf Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Im contemplating a paladin or cleric of the Brightlord.