twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 14th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 401
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Hopefully Kieran makes the cut. I'm excited to try out some good ol' roguish fun.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 10:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1118
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Is the Spell-less Ranger an option?
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 08:49 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
TheWestWall TheWestWall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Is the Spell-less Ranger an option?
Honestly, I do not see why not.

I would say that a regular Ranger will get their spells quite early in the campaign. You wont be spell-less for too long.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 02:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application
right-aligned image
Jad-bal-ja
right-aligned image
Велко
Name: VeliborВелибор TrpimirovičТрпимирович; diminutive, VelkoВелко
Race: Huaman (Variant)
Culture: Elladan
Class: Ranger [Spell-less, Conclave of Beasts]
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88941

Personality:
  • Traits: I grow more relaxed the worse things get.
    I was, in fact, raised by animals.
  • Ideals: Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.
  • Bonds: My family ancestors inspired me to become the best warrior.
  • Flaws: I don't understand many cities' conventions, and feel mine are inherently better.
    All orcs must die.
Description:

Backstory: At the age of eight, Велко became orphaned when his tribe was slaughtered by an orc tribe. Only he and a few others survived but he was separated. Desperate and alone, the young child ran into a primal force of nature in the form of a smilodon, who in time he'd call Jad-bal-ja. Feeling Велко's fear and loneliness it was moved by the child's plight. It took him in and raised him among a clowder of big cats and other animals. In time, Велко grew and made contacts with other Elladan nomads and learned some of their ways. But always he would return to group of animals as they were his family now.

In his eighteenth year, the primordial was attacked by a different tribe of orcs. Orcs are cruel, sadistic, black-hearted, vicious, and hateful of everybody and everything and so Jad-bal-ja was an affront to them. Again, his 'family' was killed or scattered. But unlike the first time, when he escaped a small portion of Jad-bal-ja survived. Such was the bond between Велко and Jad-bal-ja that he was able to summon him back to Altea. The primal spirit coalesced into the form of a giant poisonous snake. They have been traveling aimlessly since the tragedy.

Last edited by Shula; Jul 16th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 02:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
What languages does are available to starting characters in Atlea?

What musical instruments are most prevalent in Elladan culture?

Last edited by Shula; Jul 16th, 2021 at 02:41 AM.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 03:04 AM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1746
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Wojtek Ivano
Race: Human
Culture: Elladan
Class: Barbarian
Background: Outlander (Outcast)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Sheet

Personality: Youthful and a touch arrogant and vain but also brave and selfless. He cares little for wealth or comfort. He craves only adventure, discovery, and the great unknown that waits just past the horizon.
Traits: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.

Ideals: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.

Bonds: I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.

Flaws: There is no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Description: Wojtek is tall and ruggedly built, his sinewy limbs bronzed by many days spent under open sky. His dark brown hair is left wild and long but his beard is trimmed short. Not one for deception or double-speak, he wears his emotions and intentions on his often smiling face.

Background: Born into one of many nomadic tribes of the steppes, Wojtek bristled under the yoke of tradition and responsibility. He rejected the rigid social order of his people and simply didn't share their humble ambitions. That life had been lived already by ancestors beyond counting. To him, it seemed a pointless waste to add one more barely distinguishable life to the rolls. He left the tribe, determined to discover what lay beyond the endless grass of the steppe, and few were sorry to see the back of him.

He wandered, usually without a coin to his name, but nonetheless happy and marveling at mountains, forests, and the great cities of the southerners.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheWestWall TheWestWall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
What languages does are available to starting characters in Atlea?

What musical instruments are most prevalent in Elladan culture?
Each culture has their own language, but pretty much everybody speaks what's known as Imperial Common. This is a language influenced by the Romian when they ruled much of the continent.

Elladan culture typically use drums, flutes, and other simple instruments.

I am loving the applications! I will be deciding today after I get off work (430PM CST) so if you haven't finished up, I recommend doing that soon!
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheWestWall TheWestWall
Hello all! Sorry for taking so long to get back to all of you. I had such a hard time with applications for this. All of you put forth some amazing characters, and I am incredibly impressed with their backstories and mechanics. Please understand that if you were not picked, it is only because I can only take four players for this game.

I would like to say that should anything happen, and we need another to fill a spot, I will be reaching out to those that posted here first and foremost. Thank you again for the applications, and I am so happy my game was able to generate this much interest.

Onto the chosen!

Player Character Gender/Race Class
Drachenspirit Sensaos Chéron Female Half-elf Bard - College of Lore
Lazer Caracalla (Cara) Lucretia Female Human Fighter - Eldritch Knight
gavins38 Loreia Marsa Female Human Wizard - School of Divination
ultrasmurf Wojtek Ivano Male Human Barbarian

Those of you that were chosen will be receiving a PM giving further instructions.

Again, I absolutely appreciate the amount of work behind all of these characters, and I really look forward to playing with all who entered applications for this game!
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 09:53 AM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1746
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Sweet! Thanks TheWestWall. Looking forward to this.