RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 11th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orannis View Post
Hi! I started an account on here a couple years ago but didn't end up applying to any games because life but real busy. I've got a good bit more time for gaming now, though, and PbP fits my free time situation fantastically. Pathfinder is my favorite tabletop RPG so I've been hunting around for PF games specifically.

War For The Crown is one of the few APs I don't know a whole lot about, so I am excited to take a shot at this. On top of that, this seems like a great opportunity for my favorite archetype of my favorite class: Arcane Duelist Bard! I'm thinking a reform-minded Child of Oppara on the outs with her family over the emergent political schism.

I'll should have a proper application posted up by the end of the weekend.
Looking forward to your application.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Name: Richmond DuLac

Race: Human, Male, Aged 19

Class: Crossblooded Sorcerer Rakasha/Psychic Bloodline

Stat Generation:
25 point buy https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88896
STR 10 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 14 WIS 14 CHA 18

Traits: Child of Oppara, Ascendant Recollection

Drawback: Pride

Alignment: Neutral Good, follower of Shelyn

History: The DuLac family (do not say DuLacs, it’s vulgar) has been a presence in Taldane politics for many years. Many times it has hosted soirees from its manor on Senate’s Hill. A wealthy house with a rich arcane and clerical tradition, symbolized by its crest, a fasces and a whirlwind.

Richmond DuLac was born a younger sibling of the House, and given a religious education; learning Celestial, in the expectation of becoming a minor but important cleric. But it was discovered the boy could cast arcane spells without speaking or moving. He was secretly given a magical education, learning Draconic and Auran, and it was hoped he would do great things for House DuLac.

Sadly for his parents, Richmond spends entirely too much time with his own generation and less with people who matter and have achieved something in life. Perhaps all those sermons on beauty and love in Shelyn's temple were too much for the boy. He's become drawn into occult circles, believing in the power of the stars and casting horoscopes. He's even been seen in the company of Marteela Lotheed and her motley crew of agitators, and it's feared he's going to openly back that silly Princess in her idealistic nonsense. The Heir, his brother Xavier, must speak to him about it.

Personality: Richmond wants to believe in romance and courtly honor and decent things, but he knows you sometimes have to break the rules for the good guys to win. Especially with the present nobility. He believes in his stars, in the horoscopes of the Cosmic Caravan, that will bring him more powers he can put to good use.

He studies horoscopy and fencing with Varisian wanderers in the effort to improve himself as he sees it, and to become a romantic noble of fantasy. He’s also drawn into the intrigues of the Princess’ court, though whether he will perform seriously is yet to be seen.

Appearance: Svelte bearded human male in noble’s pearl-embroidered striped blue-and-green breeches, pale goatskin gauntlets, a rose doublet of paisley silk, a cuirass of embossed boiled leather armor, a polished silver gorget with the holy songbird of Shelyn in semiprecious stones, spider-silk hose, red horsehide shoes with curling toes joined to the shins by a thin chain, a fourteen-inch black beret with a ostrich-and-peacock feather cockade, a gold signet ring with the fasces and whirlwind of House DuLac, and a full cloak of green tartan velvet. Bears a spiral rapier and a dagger.

Quote:
My character needs a charge for concept and mechanics, so if anyone's making some sort of noble and needs a halberd with a faceless bodyguard attached, hit me up.
My guy is extremely squishy, so I could use a bodyguard

Last edited by TheYell; Jul 15th, 2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2854
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Your character's romantic idealism would contrast fantastically with Helm's absolute brick wall personality
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5968
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Glad to see you're back Arjuna!
This looks interesting, expect me to have an application up over the next few days. Probably a young reformer, it seems the most interesting trait. I think I'll go for some divine spellsword, probably a warpriest. I assume spheres of power are off the table?
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Glad to see you're back Arjuna!
This looks interesting, expect me to have an application up over the next few days. Probably a young reformer, it seems the most interesting trait. I think I'll go for some divine spellsword, probably a warpriest. I assume spheres of power are off the table?
Spheres of power are off the table. Also, looking forward for your application.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2387
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
Just another guyName: Jesse Figrosbino

Race: Human
Class: Skald (Fated Champion Archetype)
Stat Generation: 25 point buy.
Traits: Young Reformer, Bastard
Drawback: Head Strong
Alignment: Chaotic Good. Not chaotic stupid, just ... tired of listening to what "the laws" say the way things should be and strongly desiring to rewrite the book. Strict adherence to morale code isn't contradictory to an altruistic attitude to the state of the world.

Appearance: Why was Jesse always smiling? This is the question asked among many a barmaid and whispered in the kitchens over dishes. Sure they gossiped about his dense flowing hair that came not quite to his rock-hard shoulders, even going so far as to imagine being scooped up in his silken sleeved arms that were surely as strong as his leering grin. Both, truth to tell, were unknown to the girls for despite Jesse's well dressed aristocratic presentation, he still kept a number of weapons hidden around his person. There was the obvious sword, a bit of a strange blade the cutlass, but those who saw him use it knew there was rarely a time that was the only weapon he had at hand. With a smooth lightly tanned complexion that bore no scars of note, it was clear that no matter how much he leered at the girls with those clear emerald hued dreamy eyes that he managed to escape any permanent damage that they could see.

Personality: There was a wrong in the world and Jesse knew it. He knew how much the down trodden of Taldan truly suffered. Even when certain measures were enacted to 'help the poor' it was nothing more than a publicity stunt that typically cost the poor more in the long run than any benefits they've received from the government in decades. There wasn't much to Jesse's story that he felt was unique and that was one thing that brought a tear to his eye when he dwelled on the thought for too long. Too many people have suffered the loss of a parent, sibling, even for some of his peers their children. To disease, starvation, injuries that were treatable in the capital cities for those who could afford it. There was very few things that didn't turn his stomach when he thought of how far society had drifted away from its people.

But that didn't stop his sense of altruistic hope after he finally got to know Princess Eutropia. Her grief, publicly shown, was one major deciding factor in his allegiance to a shift in the status quo. He carefully followed her public policies and her support of the poor which further bought his loyalty to her cause. But he never forgot the years he spent more hungry than not while his mother scraped bits of potato and beans together into balls, with bits of breaded fish fried over the fire...fish sticks 'tater knots he'd called them after she'd finished crisping them near black more often than not. Still the smile at the memory of his mother came. As did so many other memories that he kept on smiling for. He never forgot when the disease ripped through his poor neighborhood and mama couldn't stop coughing until she did. Why he never caught it, he didn't know, but he never forgot.

History: It turns out that when you're poor the most valuable thing you could want would be food, but when you're finally rich, at least by poor standards, the most valuable thing you could want is information. Jesse made it a habit to make friends fast and easy in order to develop chains of information that would stagger the wealth of kings. At least that was always his hope. Starting off young, he learned to listen where others might first swing a fist. This got him the respect of a few local heavies and being as charming as he was Jesse naturally took the lead in a newfound gang, The Chainbreakers. His group managed to make a name for itself in a few smaller boroughs through the city as organized criminals who weren't quite that bad. They seemed to never harass anyone in the poorer communities and in fact a number of shops were graced with protection they never knew about when a would-be thief was encouraged to find somewhere else to pilfer in the middle of the night. Sometimes breaking bad habits required breaking bones too and not every thief got the suggestion the subtle way which left the occasional body for guards to clean up in the morning.

Despite the occasional blood, they never really were considered a dangerous group and were actually sought out by some folks for certain mercenary contract gigs. It was one such gig when an anonymous customer, not unusual in his line of business, asked for an investigation into the offices of one Marteela Lotheed. Much to Jesse's chagrin, he found it remarkably easy to bribe, coerce and otherwise charm his way through the various layers of security she had in place, or so he thought. After finding his way into a false office, the trap was sprung and he found himself the new captive of a spymistress. The details of his capture are something Jesse continually refabricates depending on how inebriated he is...but he is never captured easily. It wasn't long afterwards that Jesse started receiving discrete orders from Ms. Lotheed's group personally, something he secretly takes zealous pride in, well only as secretly as he's able to stay after the drinks start flowing. Thankfully he's taken to more restraint in recent days as his presence has forced him into more Noble circles where keeping reputations and information control become the coin of kings.

Last edited by Nomadic druid; Jul 12th, 2021 at 05:24 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 11:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6545
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
James Loxley is complete.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 04:11 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
@Nomadic druid Sorry man, only one campaign trait is acceptable.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Tweaked Richmond DuLac, making him 19 and a fencer.

Heh I'm 46 and I thought 26 was a good age for a naive youngster...

Last edited by TheYell; Jul 13th, 2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
Jesse Figrosbino is possibly done! I think I really like the idea I've put together so far... covers a lot of ground with LOTS of DM options for shenanigans.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
Orannis
Hello! Sorry for the trouble, but I just wanted to clarify a couple of things:

Elephant In The Room Feat Tax: Yes - I am not certain if this means we are playing with the usual Pathfinder feat taxes as-is, of it means we are using the adjusted removal of feat taxes from Elephant In The Room (i.e. free Weapon Finesse, consolidation of Improved combat maneuver feats, etc.)

Secondly, I saw no mention of Background Skills so I am presuming we aren't using them? So just regular skill point allocation, no two free Background skill points. Correct?

I know I said I was keen to play a Bard - I always am - but a really idiosyncratic character idea occurred to me that could fit in to this pretty well and I think I want to angle for that instead. So still at the drawing board for the moment.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orannis View Post
Hello! Sorry for the trouble, but I just wanted to clarify a couple of things:

Elephant In The Room Feat Tax: Yes - I am not certain if this means we are playing with the usual Pathfinder feat taxes as-is, of it means we are using the adjusted removal of feat taxes from Elephant In The Room (i.e. free Weapon Finesse, consolidation of Improved combat maneuver feats, etc.)

Secondly, I saw no mention of Background Skills so I am presuming we aren't using them? So just regular skill point allocation, no two free Background skill points. Correct?

I know I said I was keen to play a Bard - I always am - but a really idiosyncratic character idea occurred to me that could fit in to this pretty well and I think I want to angle for that instead. So still at the drawing board for the moment.
Regarding Elephant In The Room Feat Tax, it is the latter. Also, no Background Skills for this game.

Also, @Nomadic druid, it's funny that the picture of your guy is Cayden Cailean, one of the gods in Golarion.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 11:21 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Also, @Nomadic druid, it's funny that the picture of your guy is Cayden Cailean, one of the gods in Golarion.
Well color me sheepish...now I must research this devilish creature...for I swear I lifted it honestly from another aspiring low level Bard's photobucket er something...

EDIT: OMG!! This might be his early years saga!!! I'm dyin over here... I swear the similarities are purely accidental but entirely welcome. If the shoe fits we'll call this the prologue?

I honestly started crafting him after an idea for a main viewpoint character for a novel I'm working on. The plot scenario you've described is more or less what I'm going for in my own personal writings. This is just a perfect incentive to take initiative on a character portrait. I have ...a lot...to add to him in terms of subtle details that I will pick at possibly over the advertisement process and/or going forward because character depth makes everything more interesting. In my story I imagined this character as a Dwarf though... and with a beard.

Last edited by Nomadic druid; Jul 12th, 2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 11:26 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Quote:
Regarding Elephant In The Room Feat Tax, it is the latter.
Sweet!
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 12:20 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
Orannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Regarding Elephant In The Room Feat Tax, it is the latter. Also, no Background Skills for this game.
Thank you for the response!