RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 15th, 2021, 07:41 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
After thinking about it for a bit, I've decided to close the applications early, so I'll give you guys who have already put your applications here a day to put any last-minute adjustment before the applications are closed. This will be a difficult thing to do, considering that everyone is interesting, but I will only choose 5 of you for this game.

Applications will remain open for the next 24 hours. For anyone who decides to test their luck, you still can do it (provided that you can come up with something in less than a day). And for those who have posted their applications, you still have enough time to do last-minute edit and adjustment before the closing time.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 08:46 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5968
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
God am I happy I wrapped up asciella early!
That said, I was only joking when I said that about closing applications early yesterday.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 10:12 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Ready here. Thanks for the fun of crafting a serious intrigue character.

Hmm that sounds pessimistic. I'm probably nervous about proposing a character in striped breeches and a paisley shirt.

Last edited by TheYell; Jul 15th, 2021 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5968
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Oh just a heads-up, if you are starting tomorrow I might take a while to make a post. I still have to do a sheet and I have to work Friday to Monday, which really eats into my time (but I do get paid) so that'll take me some time. Also theres quite a lot of rain, while I doubt I'll actually need to evacuate, it's till going to be a murder on my creative faculties to sit inside all day.

It's not likely to happen, but just so you know.

Last edited by Sirviantis; Jul 15th, 2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 11:49 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Sheesh stay safe. We've got rain here in Arizona but the only problem are the washes and some roads.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Uhoh, of apps are closing early I better get mine in! Here goes:

Arik Sartor
left-aligned image

Name: Arik Sartor
Race: Human
Class: Warpriest of Kurgess
Traits: Athletic Champion, Fate’s Favored
Drawback: Pride
Alignment: Neutral Good
History

Arik’s parents, Qunntin and Hypathia Sartor, run a small tailor’s shop in the Lionsgate district of Oppara, and raised their four sons living in a small apartment above the shop. While they made a respectable enough living, there was little space and few luxuries, especially with so many mouths to feed. They had Arik later in life, when their other sons were already into or approaching adolescence. As a result, Arik grew up watching his older brothers learning the family trade well before he was old enough to work in the shop. He tried to tag along anyway, but being constantly underfoot he was more of a nuisance than a help. Iadon, his second oldest brother, felt for him, and started taking him to gladiator matches at the arena in Grandbridge, as much to get him out of the way as to amuse the boy.

Arik quickly grew fascinated with the gladiators and their bouts, and wanted to go more and more often, going on his own as he grew older. He began to spend time with the gladiators and their trainers, doing odd jobs around their camp simply as a way of being around and getting to know them. Eventually, he approached his parents and told them he wanted to go to the gladiator’s college himself. While this wasn’t exactly the life they’d envisioned for their son, and they certainly feared the inherent dangers, they recognized his very real enthusiasm for it. What’s more, the simple fact was that as their youngest son they wouldn’t be able to give Airk much of an inheritance, so he’d have to make his way in life somehow.

Gladiator training was brutal. Demands were harsh, and failure not tolerated. While many quit under the strain, and some were forced out by serious injury or even killed in accidents, Arik persevered and showed great promise. One of the trainers was also a priest of Kurgess, who taught the students the Strong Man’s tenets of fair and honest competition and pushing oneself to ever greater achievements. Arik took to the faith almost immediately, and began to learn to call upon Kurgess to enhance his abilities. He eventually finished his training and began to take on fights in the arena, stringing together an impressive series of victories and gaining renown as a valiant and entertaining fighter.

Personality

Arik is devoted to Kurgess and seeks to model his tenets in every aspect of his life. He revels in life as a gladiator, not so much for the bloodshed or brutality as for the sheer thrill of competition and challenge. He’s always interested in a friendly competition in most anything, seeing it as a way to add excitement to life and push himself and others to reach their full potential. He’s forthright and honest to a fault, something that can on occasion get him into trouble.

Appearance

As befits both a gladiator and an acolyte of the Strong Man, Arik has a thick, heavily muscled build. His skin is well tanned from spending long hours in the sun and bears numerous small nicks and scars from his bouts and training. As a Taldan commoner he stays clean shaven, and also usually shaves his head to stay cool when working and fighting in the heat. When not wearing armor, his clothing is normally light and simple, cut to allow freedom of movement, although his family of tailors regularly encourages him to wear finer clothing, particularly as he’s started to gain notoriety and status.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1213
Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian Brian
I added some to Edvard's app. Character sheet is up, I switched out the Fast Talker trait for the Child of the Streets trait. Everything else added is for funsies, nothing about his concept or personality was altered.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 07:44 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Applications closed now. I'll announce who will get into the game shortly after this.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 08:10 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
It's a little late to ask, but what's your ideal posting frequency?
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
It's a little late to ask, but what's your ideal posting frequency?
Ideally, as frequently as possible, but 2 to 3 times a week at minimum.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
OK thanks!
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
So, I have decided on who will join the game. After careful deliberation, I have chosen five of you out of eight, and those who are chosen are the following:

@Amarga / Helm Castillon (Human Fighter)
@Brian / Edvard Lorange (Human Witch)
@Noquarter19 / James Randall Loxley (Human Monk)
@Exhibit A / Cassentidia Merosett (Half-Elf Occultist)
@Sirviantis / Asciella Koruzanto (Aasimar Warpriest)

As for @TheYell, @Nomadic druid and @Fyre2387, thank you for applying, and if there is an opening sometime in the future, you three will be the first I will inform. And for those who are chosen, you can join the game here. Please make sure to finish the character sheets.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 10:17 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Thanks for the updates! I'll keep my sheet
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4887
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
I'm still working on my concept here but while I tinker, I've got a request. Would you allow a player to take the Trap Finder trait? It is technically a campaign trait from Mummy's Mask.

Oop.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation

Last edited by Icereach; Jul 16th, 2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
I'm still working on my concept here but while I tinker, I've got a request. Would you allow a player to take the Trap Finder trait? It is technically a campaign trait from Mummy's Mask.

Oop.
Sorry about that.