Other [TRAVELLER] Dreams of a Neon Sky - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 12th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18735
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Holly Heck Batman... GREAT job in the character creation tables for each job class. WOW, all the tables but so clean!

Last edited by savoylen; Jul 12th, 2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 12:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen

Last edited by savoylen; Jul 14th, 2021 at 11:03 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 01:19 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11702
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@savoylen I like your character concept. In regard to your question about institution testing, I actually am going to ask that anyone taking psion only use the career terms to gain psionic talents and not the separate institution testing method.

In regard to the ship share, that was an oversight on my part. There should not have been any more ship shares floating around, but it seems I missed one. It has been changed to a contact.
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
@savoylen I like your character concept. In regard to your question about institution testing, I actually am going to ask that anyone taking psion only use the career terms to gain psionic talents and not the separate institution testing method.

In regard to the ship share, that was an oversight on my part. There should not have been any more ship shares floating around, but it seems I missed one. It has been changed to a contact.
Cool beans... he was fun to roll up anyway. I am working on another character anyway, I'll submit him when I get a chance. Thanks!
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Everyone Regarding psionics: I have added a psionic institutions thread to the game folder to provide some more information on background options. Of course, feel free to create your own location on where your character learned their psionic talents.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 12:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Alonzo
right-aligned image

Alonzo Tillerman 878B76-0
Base of Operations Open to Negotiation
Species Human
Description Brown hair, 6' 1", brown eyes, burly build
Age 34
Rad. Dose 0

Physical Characteristics  
STRength 8
DEXterity 7
ENDurance 8
INTellect 11
EDUcation 7
SOCial 6
PSI -

Dice Modifier Table
Ability 0 1-2 3-5 6-8 9-11 12-14
DM -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2

SKILLS AND TALENTS
(EDU + INT) * 3Skill Points MAX /Used: 15/51

Skill (specialty) Rank
Admin 0
Advocate  
Animals  
Athletics 0
Athletics (STR)  
Athletics (DEX) 1
Athletics (END)  
Art  
Art ( )  
Art ( )  
Broker  
Carouse  
Deception 0
Diplomat  
Drive 0
Drive(wheeled) 1
Electronics 0
Electronics (Comms)  
Electronics (Computers) 1
Electronics (Remote Ops)  
Electronics (sensors)  
Engineer  
Engineer ( )  
Explosives  
Flyer  
Flyer(Winged)  
Flyer(Rotor)  
Gambler  
Gunner  
Gunner(Turret)  
Gun Combat 0
Gun Combat ( )  
Heavy Weapons  
Heavy Weapons ( )  
Investigate 1
Jack of all Trades
Language  
Language ( )  
Leadership  
Mechanic  
Medic 0
Melee 0
Melee (Blade)  
Melee (Unarmed)  
Navigation  
Persuade  
Pilot 0
Pilot (Small Craft) 1
Profession  
Profession ()  
Recon
Science 0
Science (cybernetics) 1
Science ( )  
Seafarer  
Stealth
Steward  
Streetwise 1
Survival
Tactics  
Tactics ( )  
Vacc Suit  
Untrained -3

TALENTS
Name Description
Cybernetics - Arm Advanced Strength
Cybernetics - Head Computer Integration

ATTACK ACTIONS

HAND TO HAND AND MELEE WEAPONS
Weapon TL Cost Wgt Range Damage Type LL
Unarmed Strike melee (close quarters) 1D6  

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS
Weapon TL Cost Wgt Range Damage Type LL
Revolver 4 Cr150 900g 1 ranged (pistol) 2D6 P

GEAR
Leather Coat, Pistol (standard issue), shotgun (standard issue)

Character Notes:
50 Kcr. (15 kCr. Medical Debt) = 34.850 kCr. COH

Term 1 CyberNet - CyberhackerAlonzo get lured into having wet work down as a way to get an advantage in the big city. Unfortunately the first augmentation surgery went terribly wrong. Thought the system works well after the follow up repairs, both his forearms are disfigured, though fully functional.

Term 2 Agent - Law EnforcementHis run in the the worst of the city lead him to join up with the city Law Enforcement as a street cop. He learned more about the streets than he really wanted to know and was surprised how well he understood it.

Term 3 Agent - Law EnforcementHe was a little too good at it for the bad guys who set up a series of events that resulted in him being in the hospital for weeks and this informants in the ground, forever. That was reason enough for him to leave the force

Term 4 Scout - ExplorerTry as he might, Alonzo took private and corporate jobs as a private investigator and 'field scout'. He currently left the corporate payroll and only works solo taking work he finds interesting and will pay the rent.

Relationship - Alonzo & Akina (Whisper)They tracked down together a hacker that was destabilizing the power grid of Humble Roots Arcology. Akina doesn't take kindly that people play with her neighborhood and decided to take things into her own hands since law enforcement wasn't making any progress. Not having the means to track someone on the net, she teamed up with Alonzo, a young cyberhacker. They managed to catch the perp but it was an adventure to hunt the guy left and right (Athletics - Dex for Alonzo) (boosted her endurance to run after the guyAwareness - Use clairvoyance to pin point his exact locationClairvoyance for Akina) in different areas of town and defeat battle drones that were hacked. Alonzo had a revelation and decided to join the police academy shortly after.

Rolls and Details here

Last edited by savoylen; Jul 16th, 2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 01:01 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31206
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Cool i like the second one better Savoylen.

@Silent Rain

I saw a rule to link PC character in the book. Can we or its something we do later??

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 15th, 2021 at 01:12 AM.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 01:13 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Yes! In fact, I highly recommend it, as it will allow you to gain up to two bonus skills using the Connection Rule:

Quote:
If two players agree, then any event rolled for one Traveller can involve another. Only one Traveller needs to have rolled the specific event, though you will find it more exciting if Travellers can link events together. If an event can be linked between two Travellers in this way, then you both get one extra skill of your choice. You may gain a maximum of two free skills from the connections rule, and each connection must be with a different Traveller. For each connection you make, you may gain any skill, but cannot bring a skill above Level 3 using this rule nor may you take the Jack-of-all-Trades skill.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 01:17 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
@Savoylen

You want to do this with me?
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 01:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
@Savoylen

You want to do this with me?
Yep... absolutely. I just posted "Alonzo". I think he is the guy I'm going to apply with... he is a CyberHacker that got into 'enhancement' tech. He did 8 years as a cop working on Cyber Crime but after loosing too many friends and set up that almost put him in the grave, he worked as a private PI and took corporate 'tickets' to pay rent.

Is there something in there that sounds good for a cross-over?
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 02:20 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Here's an idea. They tracked down together a hacker that was destabilizing the power grid of Humble Roots Arcology. Whisper doesn't take kindly that people play with her neighborhood. Not having the means to track someone on the net, she teamed up with a retired cyber crime cop called Alonzo. They managed to catch the perp but it was an adventure to hunt the guy left and right in different areas of town and defeat battle drones that he hacked.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 15th, 2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 03:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Here's an idea. They tracked down together a hacker that was destabilizing the power grid of Humble Roots Arcology. Whisper doesn't take kindly that people play with her neighborhood. Not having the means to track someone on the net, she teamed up with a retired cyber crime cop called Alonzo. They managed to catch the perp but it was an adventure to hunt the guy left and right in different areas of town and defeat battle drones that he hacked.
I like it! These need to take place during one of our terms. (This is like "Crossing Paths" in Fate) It looks like this could be Term 1 or Term 2 for me... either would work but... We'll need to flip the script a bit.

If this His term 1, then Whisper finds a young cyberhacker that is look change this up and get out of the spiral he was in. They team up to find chase down this Hacker (There was quite a bit of actual chasingAthletics - Dex for Alonzo) after their adventure, he decides that this might be want he wants to do with his life and joins the PD.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 06:28 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Relationship - Alonzo & Akina (Whisper)They tracked down together a hacker that was destabilizing the power grid of Humble Roots Arcology. Akina doesn't take kindly that people play with her neighborhood and decided to take things into her own hands since law enforcement wasn't making any progress. Not having the means to track someone on the net, she teamed up with Alonzo, a young cyberhacker. They managed to catch the perp but it was an adventure to hunt the guy left and right (Athletics - Dex for Alonzo) (boosted her endurance to run after the guyAwareness for Akina) in different areas of town and defeat battle drones that were hacked. Alonzo had a revelation and decided to join the police academy shortly after.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 15th, 2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 09:57 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31977
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Moon if you want to work something out between our characters I am game.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 10:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Relationship - Alonzo & Akina (Whisper)They tracked down together a hacker that was destabilizing the power grid of Humble Roots Arcology. Akina doesn't take kindly that people play with her neighborhood and decided to take things into her own hands since law enforcement wasn't making any progress. Not having the means to track someone on the net, she teamed up with Alonzo, a young cyberhacker. They managed to catch the perp but it was an adventure to hunt the guy left and right (Athletics - Dex for Alonzo) (boosted her endurance to run after the guyAwareness - Use clairvoyance to pin point his exact locationClairvoyance for Akina) in different areas of town and defeat battle drones that were hacked. Alonzo had a revelation and decided to join the police academy shortly after.
Nice work... done!