RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 16th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Steel Talon's Lair

Steel Talon's Lair
Introduction
You hail from Absalom Station, a huge space platform that is the hub of culture, commerce, and government in the solar system known as the Pact Worlds. Life is relatively safe in many districts of Absalom Station, but danger is more common in the hundreds of levels of the Spike that extend beneath the station. In particular, the half‑explored Ghost Levels in the depths of the Spike, abandoned for hundreds of years or more, are home to monsters of all sorts, from simple criminals to alien creatures that have arrived on the station over the years by unknown means, creating whole ecosystems in the gloom. Lately, however, a far greater danger has come to threaten the people of Downside, as locals call the Spike.

A few weeks ago, valuable junk started vanishing from the recycling yards in the Botscrap neighborhood of the Spike. Everything from technological components to scrapped robots has gone missing. Local residents’ livelihoods are at stake, but even worse, there are reports that some people have been killed as well. Someone—or something—has made Downside their hunting ground. Although no one has seen the killer directly, a long metallic shard was found in one of the bodies, prompting the locals to dub the unseen killer “Steel Talon.” Under political pressure to do something about the problem, Absalom Station’s leader, Primex Kumara Melacruz, has put out a call for heroes to search out this menace and stop it before it kills more people. She’s offered a reward of 1,000 credits to the group that defeats this mysterious creature.

You have decided to go on a quest to put an end to this monstrous threat. Rumor holds that Steel Talon is living in the nearby Ghost Levels, which many monsters have used as a den over the years. You’ve gathered your gear and are now approaching the entrance to this level, but you still have a few moments to get to know your fellow adventurers.

Game Specifics
Game Name: Steel Talon's Lair
Game System: Starfinder
Themes: Exploration and Combat
Flavor: Science Fantasy
Pace: One shorter post may happen more oftenGM game post at least Will try to match the posting rate of the group, but will keep the game moving with at least one post a week.once a week

Details
Players new to Starfinder are welcomed to apply. If there is enough interest, I might run multiple groups. UPDATE: I will run at least two groups.

If you are new to the game, you can find most (if not all) the information about the game system at the Archives of Nethys site.

No experience required to apply for the game, but I do hope you will learn the system along the way.

Character Creation Detail for Steel Talon's Lair:
  • Level 1 Characters
  • All Android, Human, Lashunta, Shirren, Vesk, YsokiCore races and all Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Elf, and Half-OrcPathfinder legacy races are allowed.
  • Select what Theme you want and if there are any issues, I will let you know.
  • Biohacker, Envoy, Mechanic, Mystic, Operative, Solarian, Soldier, Technomancer, Vanguard, WitchwarperAll classes will be considered
  • Standard 10-point buy for ability scores
  • You are joining the Starfinder Society, so only non-evil characters please.
  • Ability scores, character sheets, and Standard 1,000 starting credits to buy anything up to Tech 2equipment purchasing will be worked out in After a character concept is create, we will start working out the details. If you are already familiar with Starfinder, feel free to create a character sheet for review.phase two.
  • The goal is to have a fleshed out character sheet by the time we start.

I am looking for a group of four a couple of groups to start. This mission is an audition to join the Future Games will be given by the Starfinder SocietyStarfinder Society. My plan is to run a series of 2-4 month long events with 3-5 encountersshort missions where players can either Keep leveling their character with each gameadvance a character or Once you have proven yourself by completing one mission, you will have full range to make whatever changes you want with your character in between missions or start a brand new one if you want to try something totally different.start a new one in between missions. Each mission will end with the character leveling up. Each mission will be it's own There is no obligation to do the next mission if you do not want to or do not have time for another.one shot game, but If you take a break, you are always welcome to apply for the next game that comes available. And since I will know who you are, that past experience will be taken into consideration for your joining the new gamepreferences will be given to those who have completed a previous mission.

Application
Name:
Race:
Theme:
Class:
Background: Character selection will mostly be based on this, but remember that longer is not better. I appreciate good writers who get to the point and are not long winded.1-3 paragraphs on who your character is and why they want to join the Starfinder Society.

NOTE: No pictures needed.

Template for Application

[FIELDSET="Application"]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[/FIELDSET]

Deadline: July 30th, 2021
20210728 Update: Expanded the search to fill out 2 full teams. There is still room to join if interested.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Yesterday at 03:22 PM.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 77
Cnolan0714
I have no experience with Starfinder, but it's an exciting prospect to venture into a new system.

Application
Name: Vrossk Steelbender
Race: Vesk
Theme: Mercenary
Class: Soldier
Background: Vrossk comes from Vesk-3, where his father was a merchant and his mother a local military officer. He has obviously felt the urge to follow the traditional militaristic path of the Vesk, though he thinks his personal honour is best served by getting out from the shadow of his parents and seeking his reputation in Pact space.

Vrossk has come to Absalom Station as a mercenary. As a gun for hire, he can best serve himself in the long term, both financially and for his reputation. He'll take up with the Starfinder Society or any group that will have his back. He might be tough and trained enough in martial skill by his mother, but any lone warrior can be taken down even by a pack of rats.

Last edited by Cnolan0714; Jul 17th, 2021 at 04:14 AM.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
No experience? No problem. I will help you through the process. Just post any questions here and either I or someone else will answer them for you.

There is a Starfinder Character Creator at Hephaistos. It really helped me when learning how to create a character and helped to calculate all the numbers. It is also a quick way to try out different options to see how they work.
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 07:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 177
Jayth Jayth
Application
Name: Shaynorai
Race: Lashunta
Theme: Xenoseeker
Class: Envoy
Background:
Shaynorai is the daughter of Balaan a distinguished, if relatively unknown, diplomat. Raised on Absalom during her fatherís secondment to the stationís Lashuntae delegation, Shaynorai had hopes of joining the diplomatic corps herself. However, there were setbacks.

First, though not unsalvageable, she had managed to insult a member of a Vesk task force during negotiations by using the incorrect genuflection in greeting. Thankfully her father and his attendants had been on-hand to correct the faux-pas with quick and delicate apologies, citing Shaynoraiís delicate age and inexperience. However, the final straw was in letting her mind wander during a rather boring dinner party in which her telepathy slipped and she had said what she really thought of Ysoki cuisine. Her fatherís fierce gaze caught herís instantly and Shaynorai had given him her excuses, ďOh papa, itís fine. Only you can hear me.Ē Her father, with terse indignation, made a swift gesture to a previously unseen, and now smirking victoriously, Lashuntan consultant. This was the final straw. Balaanís daughter would have to learn tact and delicacy, and discipline.

After a heated argument and a few warmer words, Shaynorai had learned she was to be sent away, to discover new races and cultures and learn first hand the kind of decorum that was expected if she was ever to hope to join her father. Thus, with a heavy heart she gathered a few belongings and set off in hope of finding opportunities to improve and grow, and to redeem her past misdemeanours.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22283
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Hey Kenjitsu! Sorry my feedback on your ad was late, but this looks great. I'm dropping a placeholder here for an Elf Solarian. I'll flesh it out more this week. I will be out of town from deadline until about 2-3 August, so if you select my character, I may be delayed in getting started. Just wanted to give full disclosure there.

Application
Name: Siletta Astani
Race: Elf
Theme: Athlete
Class: Solarian
Background: Siletta began her adult life applying as a student of the Silverleaf Dueling Club in the city of El on Castrovel. Her childhood filled with hard training and multiple junior championships with a variety of blades won her easy acceptance. During her apprenticeship, she began the study of the stellar cycles as a way of increasing her discipline in the ring... to the dismay of her swordmasters, this study had quite the opposite effect. Exposed to the mysteries of the stars and their eternal cycle of creation and destruction, Siletta lost interest in the use of blades for sport and her training and focus on competition suffered accordingly. Expelled from the club and her life as a professional athlete, Siletta decided to seek her fortunes among the stars themselves and travelled to Absalom Station, trusting the stars to exert their influence on her future as they shape the course of planets and other heavenly bodies with their gravity.

Siletta is a tall and lean elf, standing just over six feet, with slender but muscled limbs and a lithe build. Her pink skin looks almost dark in comparison to her snow white hair, and her eyes are a deep kelly green, with her large elven irises exposing almost no white. Her voice is a clear alto that can rise to her ringing laughter or drop to a low growl of determination. Her stellar mote, acquired through extensive study and meditation, is the same yellow as the Golarion system's sun, and on command she can shape it into a long, curved Her solar weapon does slashing damage.katana that she wields with deadly ease.

Siletta has an easygoing way about her, but this often can make her come across as dreamy and inattentive. Often she fails to treat crises and problems with the same urgency that others would like to see--a trait that only sped up her departure from Silverleaf. Siletta's experience in elven blade sports has given her a keen ability to Bluff will be a skill adept class skilfeint and misdirect, and also to Life science is the other skill adept skill.size up opponents from a variety of alien races. Siletta tends to make light of things, placing a great deal of faith in the stars to make things turn out all right.

Last edited by ruffdove; Jul 18th, 2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 10:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
I will be out of town from deadline until about 2-3 August, so if you select my character, I may be delayed in getting started. Just wanted to give full disclosure there.
Noted. If you want to offset that delay, you could work on your character sheet since that will be the first thing we do once we get started. Since you are familiar with Starfinder, you should have everything you need to finish the character sheet.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 12:58 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cnolan0714
@Kenjitsu I know I was the first applicant, but since I'm unfamiliar with Starfinder I've picked up the Handbook and been reading through it. It seems fantastic, but I'm actually thinking of like to change my character application. Is it too late for that?
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 01:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnolan0714 View Post
@Kenjitsu I know I was the first applicant, but since I'm unfamiliar with Starfinder I've picked up the Handbook and been reading through it. It seems fantastic, but I'm actually thinking of like to change my character application. Is it too late for that?
Nothing is set in stone until after the deadline, so feel free to make whatever changes you want, whenever you want. I am just glad you are diving into the Starfinder system.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 02:32 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cnolan0714
Revised Application
Name: 117
Race: Android
Theme: Bounty Hunter
Class: Operative
Background: 117 is a seeker. Initially programmed for xenospecies retrieval for the Botanical gardens and zoological society of one of the corporations, it has determined that the best use of its skills under its own directives is to seek out anyone or anything that someone wants found in exchange for the right price. While it has occasionally turned down a job that seems much more like kidnapping than bounty hunting, 117 rarely care whom it uses its skills for, or on.

Historically 117 worked alone, preferring both solitude and not having to split its fee, it will take up with a group of or when a job seems too big (multiple quarry or some other obstacle) or too dangerous (a particularly deadly mark) to do on its own. 117 might be something of a lone wolf, bit it's far from stupid.

Last edited by Cnolan0714; Jul 19th, 2021 at 02:36 AM.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 09:01 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 136
LeoCometti LeoCometti
I'm new on RPG crossing and have never played Starfinder. Hope you find this character interesting.

Application
Name: Geoffrey Leaf
Race: Human
Theme: Scholar
Class: Technomancer
Background: Mr. Leaf is a prestigious professor at the University of Absalom, that has lead many anthropological researches in the lower decks. Come from a family of magicians, he studied occultism and other ancient sciences in his youth. Later on, computers and machinery have taken his attention, especially on how magic affected them. He felt that nothing could hold him on. Since then, his obsession is to uncover the unknown.

Geoffrey is a white lean man, gray hair and black eyes. He seems to be more interested in things than people, which explained why he never got on in a real relationship. He is extremely narcissistic about his works and accomplishments, the only thing that really moves on his life.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome to RPG Crossing LeoCometti. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 07:42 AM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16441
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Operative-Detective Application
Name: Ksenia Kuznetsova
Race: Human
Theme: Paranormal Investigator
Class: Operative-Detective

Last edited by Saratek; Jul 22nd, 2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 08:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2575
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Possible interst post. Will decide later today.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 08:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2575
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I'll have to pass-I already have games.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 10:28 PM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki
Hmm, I'm interested in the Starfinder society thing, but it sounds like this is the same adventure as our solo game. Will that character be eligible for society play in group games later?