Game Thread Adigal's Fortress - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Heroes of the Hereafter
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Apr 17th, 2015, 02:20 AM
TempestBob's Avatar
TempestBob TempestBob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2020
RPXP: 226
TempestBob TempestBob TempestBob
Posts: 468
Adigal's Fortress

High on a hill...
right-aligned image

Coming down from the mountain is a little rough in places, but nothing the three of you can't handle given a good game trail to follow. After the last few days of wandering around a barren wasteland, you can't help but notice how much greener it is here. Trees line the path toward the villages, and forests bloom all around. Small creatures abound, and larger ones have left clear signs of their passage.

Looking out from a stand of trees in the foothills, you can see that the village itself seems peaceful, though being under the protection of an entire army is bound to have had some influence on that. A goatherd watching his stock sits against a large rock out in the next clearing. Less watching and more napping though, if the tilt of his hat is anything to go by. The goats themselves don't seem to mind and continue chewing on fresh mountain thistles.

A well trodden road leads from west of the village and through it to the next mountain, presumably winding its way up toward the fortress. What looks like an ox-drawn wagon is headed to town along it, delivering wooden crates and cages of squawking poultry. A bearded man in simple workclothes drives the wagon, while a younger woman in a dress and bonnet rides alongside.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Apr 17th, 2015, 02:32 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
VictorThe area Victor found himself traveling through reminded him of what the world was like before the apocalypse. It was soothing and caLm, nobody looked particularaly hungry or scared either.

"Our clothing clearly does not fit in here. And Kosk's wounds don't help. Do either of you have a different set of clothing that resembles what the people of this land are wearing?" The angelic descendant looks to the others with little hope of his question being answered positivly.

"At least I can patch up our new companion a bit. Come over here for a minute." Victor holds his hands before him, rubbing them in slow circles and chanting softly before hovering them above the
Dice Cure Moderate Wounds:
2d8+5 (4, 7)+5 Total = 16
wounds that Kosk had acquired.

After healing the wounds as best as he could, the inquisitor pulled out his waterskin. "We should wash as much blood off of ourselves as possible too. Do not worry about the amount of water, I can make plenty more."

Last edited by ManicMonky; Apr 17th, 2015 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Samurai Zero's Avatar
Samurai Zero Samurai Zero is offline
Ghost of the GoB
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 8th, 2020
RPXP: 955
Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero
Posts: 3,010
Vyxleoux Caus'thaereon Xanderfell
left-aligned image

Vyxl cocked an eyebrow at the strange question. "Oh sure, I packed an extra bag of knickers for you on my way out of Abaddon." he quips with a sly smile. "Perhaps instead you would prefer us to murder these innocents and relinquish them of their clothing? While we're at it, why not flay their skin and cloak ourselves as truly one of them" the echoey voice of Tyranus chimed in.

Vyxl did a quick spot check, but as it turns out, the beastly creature hadn't even touched him, and thus the only blood on his tattered garbs was that of the creature, and that of Kosk himself. "It would take a bit more than a quick wash to get this blood out. Besides, we'll stick out like a peasant in a nobles house no matter what we do."

Despite saying this he did take some water, less for washing, and more so for drinking. Once finished he takes a quick look at Kosk's brutal state and shakes his head. "Ain't nothing shy of magic going to clean him up anyway. If anything, we might just be able to play this off."

 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Apr 20th, 2015, 01:55 PM
OfficerHalf's Avatar
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf is offline
Regular Bean Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2021
RPXP: 1070
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf
Posts: 986
Kosk WolfhookKosk's smile faded when he realized that Vyxl (and sword) was joking about the knickers and murder. He sifted through his pack, and said "Grappling hook, bear traps, knives, more knives, glue, and a few more knives. No clothes." He gratefully accepted the healing. "Thanks," he nodded to Victor as his wounds knitted themselves back together, "that helps."

The water didn't so much wash off the blood as blend it in with the rest of the dirt covering Kosk. Still, it was cleaner than he'd been in some time. He splashed the water in his wounds too. "I'll be alright. Better move on."


 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Apr 24th, 2015, 12:11 PM
OfficerHalf's Avatar
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf is offline
Regular Bean Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2021
RPXP: 1070
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf
Posts: 986
Kosk WolfhookKosk takes the initiative and walks toward the town, trying his best to look inconspicuous. He is a bit paranoid though, and watches for traps.

Dice Perception:
1d20+8 (11)+8 Total = 19
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Apr 24th, 2015, 09:19 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
VictorThe water did little to imprive Kosk's looks and Vyxl didn't even try. It didn't surprise him all that much though, the fiendkin was about as opposite of him as the angels were the devils themselves, and Kosk was just a wild man. When the flask came back to him, Victor took a quick drink then packed it away again.

"I guess we have to make our way through this town first." It seemed the bitey wild man was ready to go as he began his approach without a word. Victor decided to follow along while
Dice perception:
1d20+14 (3)+14 Total = 17
keeping an eye out for guards.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Apr 25th, 2015, 01:03 AM
TempestBob's Avatar
TempestBob TempestBob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2020
RPXP: 226
TempestBob TempestBob TempestBob
Posts: 468
Not as it seems?As the trio makes their way toward the village, Kosk and Victor notice something not quite right.
The goatherd looks up as they pass, then lowers his hat again. Was that a ridge of horn protruding from his eyebrow?
The carriage driver slows as they cross the trail into town. His skin is too pale for a farmer, and his beard is shot through with flecks of silver. Not simply grey, but ever-so-slightly reflective silver. His daughter wears tinted glasses, and though you can't be sure at this distance, they are likely used to hide the colour or shape of her eyes...

Other people are visible further into town, going about their business. A small market sells fresh produce to the residents, along with other knick-knacks. Men and women hand over brass and silver coins for their purchases. A farrier is shoeing two shaggy oxen around the corner.
A wizened old man sits out front of the tavern, sipping from a red clay jug. A child plays with a wooden doll at his feet. The doll has a single horn sweeping back from the side of its head. So does the child. You don't see any other children in town.

Very few of these people seem to be pureblooded humans. The rest are definitely aasimars and tieflings. They watch you closely, but make no attempt to stop your passage.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Apr 25th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Samurai Zero's Avatar
Samurai Zero Samurai Zero is offline
Ghost of the GoB
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 8th, 2020
RPXP: 955
Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero
Posts: 3,010
Vyxleoux Caus'thaereon Xanderfell
left-aligned image

Although the village seemed odd at first, Vyxl quickly remembered just how long he had been away, hundreds of years since the fall, and then thousands since his own demise. It made perfect sense to him that these humans would all be half breeds. What didn't make sense was their obvious shame of their heritage, as if they were trying to hide it, if not from each other than at the very least from themselves.

Vyxl
Dice perception:
1d20+1 (7)+1 Total = 8
looked around in an attempt to follow the people's gaze. "I get the feeling playing off as one of their own won't do us too good. It might be best for us to gather what information we can." he says as he begins to walk toward the tavern, "Besides, they might even have something decent to drink around here."

Vyxl struts up to the old man and child. "Hey old man, is that alcohol, and do they serve any around here?" he was working on the assumption that Alcohol was one of mankind's earliest, and greatest inventions since fire itself, and if this culture could survive the apocalypse, then whiskey sure as hells could.

 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Apr 26th, 2015, 01:43 AM
OfficerHalf's Avatar
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf is offline
Regular Bean Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2021
RPXP: 1070
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf
Posts: 986
Kosk WolfhookAs they walked through the town, Kosk leaned over to Vyxl and whispered "They're probably jealous of your horns," he sniggered, "yours are better." Still, sad lopsided horns or no, they might have information. "Yes, yes, alcohol. And does your home have a leader? Someone who might be able to point us in the right direction?" He gave his best 'human' impression, and gestured a bit more wildly than he should have.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Apr 27th, 2015, 06:22 AM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
VictorInformation was a good thing in Victor's mind, but the way these people hid their heiratage seemed odd. "We will get what information we can but let's not delay here for too long. This is just a supply village for the fortress," he said, hoping that the people of Adigal's fortress were more like himself and Vyxl and these people would accept them as such.

With Kosk and the fiendkin taking the lead, the angelkin followed along but kept silent and watchful for the time being.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Apr 28th, 2015, 11:52 PM
TempestBob's Avatar
TempestBob TempestBob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2020
RPXP: 226
TempestBob TempestBob TempestBob
Posts: 468
The Worker's CircleGesturing to the door with a bony thumb the old fellow smiles, revealing three rotting teeth and a mouthful of red gums. "In'eer" He chuckles in a slightly deranged way. Realising that he probably doesn't speak much, you make your way into the tavern.

Inside, a central bar is surrounded by a ring of tables. Bottles line shelves between two thick pillars supporting the roof, while an aproned aasimar with a thin towel slung over his shoulder hangs tankards on hooks from the ceiling. Hearing the cackling laughter from outside reach new highs, he calls out to the old guy.
"By His Crown, pa, shut it!!" He screams, then turns around, noticing you enter. "Sorry about that, he's not well. And you're here early." He notes, filling three mugs with the dark ale on draught. "What's Ol' Thunder doing letting you down again so soon?"

Last edited by TempestBob; Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Apr 30th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Samurai Zero's Avatar
Samurai Zero Samurai Zero is offline
Ghost of the GoB
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 8th, 2020
RPXP: 955
Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero Samurai Zero
Posts: 3,010
Vyxleoux Caus'thaereon Xanderfell
left-aligned image

Vyxl smiles realizing this might just work to his favor. "What can I say? I needed a drink. Let me get some of that Whiskey of yours." Vyxl speaks carefully, it was obvious that the man thought that he was someone else, and Vyxl wanted to see how long he could play it off. "Anything I should know about?"

Vyxl wasn't completely sure how to talk to the man, was he and the man he was being mistaken for friends, was he someone to fear, or were they just men held together by profession alone? Either way, Vyxl had to find out as much as he could without giving rise that he wasn't who they thought he was. He sets down a silver piece and takes whatever alcohol the man gives him.



OOC: Vyxl will try to avoid lying, but here's a bluff check anyway in case he needs it.
Dice Bluff:
1d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14


He will also look around the room to see if he notices anything that might be key.
Dice perception:
1d20+1 (8)+1 Total = 9




 

Last edited by Samurai Zero; Apr 30th, 2015 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Apr 30th, 2015, 07:21 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
VictorThe town seemed plesant enough and the old mad was only slightly off his rocker, all in all it was not a lot different than the places in the old world, just more fiendkin and angelkin. The inside of the bar looked well kept and orderly, either thus guy was a meticulous business owner or thus tkwn was more militizes than they let on. Either way, it was new territory for the three of them and there were clear warnings, even in the new world, of Adigal's lands.

Ol' Thunder, either a name for Adigal himself or a high ranking military man. Best not to use that too freely though, Victor thought as Vyxl attempted to get a read on the man as well as a little information. He took the mug offered to him then sat on a stool next to the bar, leaning his elbows on the bar itself. The angelkin kept his
Dice Perception:
1d20+14 (20)+14 Total = 34
eyes open peering about the room with his peripheral vision while he sized up the barkeeper.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 1st, 2015, 07:49 PM
OfficerHalf's Avatar
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf is offline
Regular Bean Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2021
RPXP: 1070
OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf OfficerHalf
Posts: 986
Kosk WolfhookWhile Kosk was not a very good liar, he had enough common sense to keep quiet and play along, at least for now. He accepts the offered drink and takes a seat.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:38 AM
TempestBob's Avatar
TempestBob TempestBob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2020
RPXP: 226
TempestBob TempestBob TempestBob
Posts: 468
The Worker's Circle Tavern"Sure, why not?" The man nods, switching out one of the tankards to pour a glass of pale golden liquid for Vyxl. "Better someone else have some before the old man polishes it off."
Distracted by the fumes from the moonshine, (and undertones of what were likely cloves and berries) he doesn't notice much else.

"Understandable really, he's got it covered. Nothing much going on up there I guess, not 'til the patrol gets back, eh?" He continues, "Blaze all going on here either. The King's still receiving visitors and that's it. Sennic envoy rode in two days back. Gurhen there," He tilts his head to a workman deep in his cups, "had stock out near the West Ledge, lost some to his rumbler. You probably saw it. We won't get much more news than that until the stony leaves again."

Victor notices the man in the corner, this Gurhen, immediately. A stocky man with auburn hair, ruddy brown scaled skin and golden eyes, he is most definitely tiefling. Guhern is dressed in what seems to be his Sunday best rather than work gear, though the back is all torn. The tattered cloth reveals more scales beneath, smeared with fresh blood, as though he'd been whipped.
He is now drinking from a clay jug, having given up on repeatedly pouring it into a cup.

Victor's gaze then falls on a bowl on the shelf behind the bartender. Half full of brass coins like those the group had found earlier, a single silver piece glints in the light coming through a window amidst them.
A sleek brown rat then runs along the floor, drawing his attention. It stops to sniff the air, and look about with white eyes, before running under a crack in the rear door.

The barman had used different tones of voice for "Ol' Thunder" and "The King". With a jovial reverence for the former, and the latter with a hint of exhaustion. Victor is now sure his fellow aasimar believes them to be part of a lookout group stationed under an impressive veteran out in the mountains. Maybe someone told him you'd come from the same direction? And what was that about a 'Stony'? That was slang for Dwarf, back in his time. Maybe some things don't change.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB