RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 11th, 2020, 02:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Thank you for applying to the game!

I have offered a spot in the game to a player and they have accepted.

Everyone else will be added to the waiting list and should a new spot open up they will be granted first opportunity to get that spot.

If you would like to be considered for this game in the future, feel free to complete an application and you will be added to the waiting list which will be listed above on the first post.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4569
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Definitely interested. Would you allow a cleric of Tyr with the Order domain from the Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica? It's not on your list of approved sources but an Order cleric would definitely be interested in stopping the Harbinger of Pre Justice and one popped into my head as I was reading your advertisement. I figured it was worth a shot to ask. I already have a good picture of one in my head.

http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/cleric:order
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 01:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Definitely interested. Would you allow a cleric of Tyr with the Order domain from the Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica? It's not on your list of approved sources but an Order cleric would definitely be interested in stopping the Harbinger of Pre Justice and one popped into my head as I was reading your advertisement. I figured it was worth a shot to ask. I already have a good picture of one in my head.

http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/cleric:order
Yes, I would accept Order domain. Don't see that being an issue and I can certainly see the Harbinger attracting the attention of a cleric of that order.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4569
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
Yes, I would accept Order domain. Don't see that being an issue and I can certainly see the Harbinger attracting the attention of a cleric of that order.
Awesome! App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Bhelgram Stoneborn, Solemn Brother of the Church of Tyr
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Cleric 5 (Order Domain)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Sage (but switching out Arcana for Religion - aiming for a legal-style background)

Traits:
I'm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment. I am highly disciplined and rigid, and have little time for games or leisure.

Ideals:
Fairness. No one should get preferential treatment before the law, and no one is above the law. (Lawful)

Bonds:
My honor is my life, and I would rather die than besmirch it.

Flaws:
I can be quite inflexible in my thinking and always follow the law, even if it puts me at a disadvantage.

Description:
Bhelgram Stoneborn is a stout, grim looking dwarf of average height for his race with thick limbs and large hands. Despite his youthful appearance, his hair is gray and rings his skull giving him a bald and much older appearance at an initial glance than he actually is. His beard flows from his chin to his belt level, and it is lush and well-groomed, with his mustache braided on each side with a simple iron ring. His face is deeply tanned, with a broad forehead and heavy brow from under which peer a pair of steel gray eyes. There is no humor in them nor friendliness, and his gaze is sharp. His nose is wide and flat, and appears to have been broken once but never healed properly. Over his barrel-like torso he wears a set of well polished chain mail with large shoulder guards over which is thrown a white surcoat with blue trim, with balanced scales resting on a warhammer embroidered in blue on his chest. Around his neck hangs the same symbol in iron, with a sturdy chain attached to it. A thick leather belt encircles his waist from which hang a series of pouches and knives, and his legs are the size of small tree trunks with a pair of sturdy looking traveling boots on his feet. He wields a warhammer easily in his right hand, and on his left he wears a large circular shield of dwarvish origin. The border of the shield has dwarven lettering on it and it appears to be of a high quality.

Backstory:
Born and raised in Waterdeep, Bhelgram Stoneborn was initiated into the The temple of Tyr in WaterdeepHalls of Justice as a young apprentice to follow in the steps of his deceased father Hjolrigg Stoneborn, a Justicar in the Halls of Justice. Bhelgram was only a lad when his father died of what most believed was a natural illness, though even at his age he heard the whispered rumors that Hjolrigg was actually poisoned. Hjolrigg always strongly insisted in the obedience and respect of the law to young Bhelgram as well as the importance of being fair and kind to others. Bhelgram took these to heart and with the strong faith of his father when he became of age naturally he sought a position within the Halls of Justice. The Halls always had room for a serious and hard working young man, so it wasn't long before he was assisting in the library helping the Justicars research legal cases and rulings as well as the old interpretations of laws compared to the new. Once he was mature enough, he became deeply involved in the clergy as a novice, putting his same single-minded determination into his religious and martial studies. He still volunteered at the library, however, as even when his body was sore his mind could still work and learn.

Eventually Bhelgram was initiated formally into the clergy as a Solemn Brother, and operating out of the Halls of Justice he has assisted the Church of Tyr in three notable incidents up to this point. The first was apprehending an escaped murderer who was hiding in the Misty Forest. As part of the manhunt, Bhelgram was able to find the hidden spider hole the man was hiding in and managed to successfully incapacitate the man when he attacked Bhelgram in a last ditch chance for freedom. The next two incidents are both related from a case he had in Amphail. Bhelgram helped clear the name of a half-orc who was being tried for murder in Amphail. The half-orc had an airtight alibi but it was being ignored until Bhelgram arrived and successfully negotiated his defense. He then assisted the local watch in the investigation and they discovered the true killer, who was brought to justice and promptly swung at the end of a rope. This earned him high praises from his superiors but to Bhelgram it was just his duty.

Now Bhelgram's attention is drawn towards the town of Phandalin and, specifically, the vigilante known as the Harbinger of Pre Justice. Vigilantism has no place in the law, and the Harbinger's version of justice was extreme and outside the boundaries of what the law justly requires. Bhelgram has joined a secret committee within the Halls to specifically discuss and address this problem, and as the most junior member he is tasked with obtaining more local intelligence and forwarding what he learns to his superiors.

Last edited by Grouchy; Nov 29th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Added you to the waiting list you are now 2nd.