DnD5e Map House - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 14th, 2020, 10:06 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
[FIELDSET="Application"]
Introduction
left-aligned image
Alexandra Blackstone (Loremaster) (Sheet)
"There is a solution for any problem if your willing to take the risks"

Race: Half-Elf
Class: Artificer (Armorer)
Background: Harper Agent
Alignment: Neutral Good
Notable Skills:
-Arcana, Religion, History, Insight, Investigation, Perception
Tools of the Trade:
- Alchemist's Supplies, Smith's Tools, Thieves' Tools, Tinkers' Tools

Personality Trait: I believe anything worth doing is worth doing right. I cant help it I'm a perfectionist
Personality Trait: Traps don't make me nervous. Idiots who trigger traps make me nervous.
Ideal: With every great discovery comes grave danger. The two walk hand in hand.
Bond: I seek to preserve the wonders of the world and protect them from evil.
Flaw: My loyalties are my own, the conclave has no claim to my talents.
Flaw: I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, often ignoring risks in the name of science.

Description
left-aligned image

Personality:
Alex is most comfortable when working on her craft, and avoids emotional connection with others. She tends to use humor and sarcasm to hide her true intentions behind a veil of confidence. The cloak and dagger tendencies of her order have taught Alex to be mistrustful of others until thy earn her respect. That's not to say she's not personable, she enjoys talking to anyone who will listen about her inventions or the science of magic. With her extensive knowledge, she does tend toward arrogance believing she is the smartest person in the room. However she is happy to help answer a question or fix a blade though there may be a clever insult delivered as compensation.

Appearance:
Alex is a petite half-elf of only five feet. She wears loose comfortable clothing befitting a smith that is often soiled with ash or grease from her crafts. Her long white hair is a thick and wavy mess that is usually pushed back away from her face. Alex has a certain amount of masculinity being a woman in a mans profession. She is no lady, she walks and talks like a man cussing and spitting with the best of them.
As a masterful smith she has crafted her own customized armor and gear. Her armor is a work of art, a combination of fine mesh and plate that can be altered as needed. Normally rather lightweight - interlocking plates can be added to cover most of her body in a bulky layer of protection. The gem on her left hand creates a magnetic field that can repel attacks like a shield. Her right hand delivers arcane energy to devastate foes from afar.

Note: the left image is a close representation of her infiltrator armor, although Alexandra's appearance is a bit more subtle.

[FIELDSET="History"]Backstory:
Alex grew up as a merchants daughter in Neverwinter. Her father ran a smithing shop filled with oddities and the occasional magic item. Though business was never exactly booming he made a good living and provided well. Jassan was a loving father but also stern. He encouraged his daughter to learn the family trade and also the arcane arts. Highly inteligent and motivated she was a good student apprenticing by day and studying by night. Expanding her knowledge to almost any subject available to her. She even ran the shop while her father went out of town on his many business trips.

It wasn't until her father died that Alex discovered he had a secret life. People from all over came to pay their respects and offer help. Alex had known her father was popular but so many of these men and women she had never met. After some investigation Alexandra discovered her father had been an agent of the Harpers. A secret society of spies and adventures tasked to serve the people of the sword coast.

Alex soon followed in her father's footsteps, not only running the shop but also tending to the needs of the Harpers. In time she was considered a full fledged member and the shop became a hot spot for faction activity. Mostly her role was as support to others as she supplies information or items for their quests. Her encyclopedic knowledge of artifacts and talent with her crafts were well sought after. Eventually her curiosity drove her to adventuring as well. She stood beside great men as they discovered ancient tombs or fought terrible beasts. Acquiring the skills of combat along the way.

Recently a fellow harper suggested to Alex that she may be a good fit in Silverymoon. An agent was needed to act as liaison to the map house and ensure that the goals of the order were being observed. It would also allow Alex to further study her craft at the Conclave. The idea of closing shop saddened the young elf but the opportunity was once in a lifetime. So she gathered what she could and headed for the north.

Last edited by JohnStone; Dec 2nd, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I have some questions.

One: would you allow any UA material?
I am mostly interested in the "Feats for Skills"

Two: Are you absolutely sure you wont allow a 4/1 split for multiclassing?
Many who consider multiclassing do so for certain proficiencies. Also we are already missing out on our 5th level feature (spells, second attack eg.) It is tough to also miss our ASI.
for myself a second level of cleric has some synergy with the channel divinity but id prefer the ASI. story wise my character is willing to try anything to advance her healing but continuing down the cleric path has proven fruitless she believes the answers are in Alchemy.

Three: speaking of story do we need to follow our build in story form?
for example I don't want to start as a cleric but for the story it may make sense that she went there first.

Last edited by JohnStone; Nov 15th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Rontae
left-aligned image

Party role: Survivalist
Rontae of Baldur's Gate, urchin
UA Revised Ranger/Gloomstalker
Ghostwise Halfling (SCAG)

Personality Traits: I never worry about tomorrow but live in the moment. I am always up for a new adventure.
Ideal: People. I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive.
Bond: Curiosity is my ruling passion, there is always something new and exciting to be discovered.
Flaw: I believe people easily and so can be easily fooled.
Goal: Adventure: While he loves Baldur's Gate, it is time to spread his horizons, meet new people, see new things.

Why is he travelling? After many years (this from a street kid whose voice is still breaking), one's old places and acquaintances seem predictable and a bit dry. Tagging along on a Watch posse, I found myself out of the city and it was amazing. I felt so connected to the sky, the plants, the ground beneath my feet. It was almost a religious experience. Since then, I have taken every opportunity I could to travel the hills and dales of this amazing land and each time, it opens new wonders.

Appearance: Small, skinny, pale skin when it shows through the layer of dirt, his accent coarse and simple, Rontae appears as what he is, a grown up street urchin. He seems a bit more graceful than most, a bit more likely to smile, a bit less obsequious. Although at first typical, after a minute or two you realize he doesn't think of himself as poor or needy or starving. In fact, he seemed strangely confident. Why?

Personality: Although an urchin, Rontae isn't starving or abused. Instead he has a circle of strangely assorted people in the city who will feed him if he's hungry or let him sleep in a shed or stable if he needs to lie low. It's all about the favors. He does favors for people, not for money, though sometimes they tip, but just to create a balance where others will do favors for him if needed. And, of course, for the pleasure of the game.

Backstory: Rontae sat, in defiance of municipal orders, on the great war catapult Grond on her platform of mounded earth; one of the two great engines which overlook the sloping plains that lead to the East Gate from which attacks on the city always came. Who hold Grond and her sister Guri, the "Bringers of Death," hold Baldur's Gate and therefore the Sword Coast for they are always the first line of defense against any attackers.

There was some cosmic reason in this for it was the watchmen of the Flaming Fist that held the city for the Duke and Rontae, though unknown and unacknowledged, was a son of a watchman. He had pushed off Faziros Velthos, the dragonborn son of the powerful sorcerer, Farmasch. The Empire of the Dragon had been a time of great magics and sorcery, but it had fallen from power long ago. "Let me up," cried Lorben Halfelven, whose family controlled the (legal) trade from the harbor that brought the city wealth, but Rontae would not let him climb the lever arm. Instead he hopped up and down in triumph, hooting a rude remark at one of the Fist posted at the gate, but they just smiled.

All the men of the Fist knew Rontae of old, he was practically a watchman himself, though not paid or on the rolls, and often invited himself along in an unofficial capacity when things looked interesting. All the herbalists, the sweetmeat sellers, and the ladies of negotiable virtue knew Rontae too, for this was Baldur's Gate, slumming in majesty amid the adventurers and the cutthroats of the Sword Coast.

Last edited by penbeast0; Nov 15th, 2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 05:34 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6209
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
I have some questions.

One: would you allow any UA material?
I am mostly interested in the "Feats for Skills"
Most UA isn't approved, but if accepted, we can discuss individual feats. Also, Tasha is releasing soon and has a lot of options. Don't know if any of those made it.

Quote:
Two: Are you absolutely sure you wont allow a 4/1 split for multiclassing?
Many who consider multiclassing do so for certain proficiencies. Also we are already missing out on our 5th level feature (spells, second attack eg.) It is tough to also miss our ASI.
for myself a second level of cleric has some synergy with the channel divinity but id prefer the ASI. story wise my character is willing to try anything to advance her healing but continuing down the cleric path has proven fruitless she believes the answers are in Alchemy.
I might allow 4/1 in creation if accepted, but the next level at advancement would have to be from the class with 1 level.

Quote:
Three: speaking of story do we need to follow our build in story form?
for example I don't want to start as a cleric but for the story it may make sense that she went there first.
If I'm understanding the question right, the answer is:
Your mechanical progression for your first five levels needn't match your backstory.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6853
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application for Angelo Thal is now complete. As always, nothing is written in stone so if something doesn't fit with your view of the Heralds or Map House (or anything else) Numen Wraith I'd be happy to make any alterations needed.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 06:26 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
I appreciate the quick responses. im just trying to get a firm grip on my build before committing to a detailed story.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 06:26 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
I appreciate the quick responses. im just trying to get a firm grip on my build before committing to a detailed story.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Sweet i was able to nail it down with a feat from Tashas

Honestly I see every Variant human taking this feat but ill use it as well.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 09:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Ps: Using the UA Revised Ranger/Gloomstalker but can switch back to the PHB ranger if needed.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 09:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Well, after checking everything, my character is done.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 01:07 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1791
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Tanis Zydur
Tanis Zydur
Role Applied For: Plenipoteniary
Race: Fallen Aasimar
Class: Paladin - Oath of Vengeance (5)
Background: Knight (My retainer's name is Logein Darfur)

Appearance:Tanis stands at 6'1" with a strong, muscular build. Many would call him handsome with his olive skin, strong, muscular body, and sharp facial features, with thick black eyebrows accompanied by warm, deep golden brown eyes. His hair is long and black as well, reaching to the middle of his back and often wrapped into a topknot, or a tight bun. When he summons his fallen celestial powers, his skin lightens to a pale white, like that of snow, his eyes darken and release a black smoke and two skeletal wings and his hair, if not tied up, will flow upwards.

On his body, he has many markings, most of them, referring to a fallen deva that had he referred to as his father, Karn. It looks as if it begins from the centre of his back, all the way to his elbows and knees.

He wears fine clothing, underneath his finely crafted, well taken care of armour, that has the symbol of Torm embedded into the metal. Over that is a deep, dark red cloak that ties together over his right shoulder, he is well armed and well packed for travel.

Tanis' HistoryTanis, born in Waterdeep, never knowing his father but hearing the stories that he was a fallen angel from another plane of existence grew up with his mother, his step father, his two younger brothers and sister. His step father was a guard for Waterdeep and his mom was a simple baker. The children helped out where they could, either bringing in customers to the bakery, or finding information through rumours and whispers from people in he markets. Tanis, with his natural charisma was a good seller and was often able to get some information out of people that would aid his step father in certain cases.

He grew up with his appreciation for the law, and followed in his step father's footsteps by joining the military academy when he was of proper age. There he trained and learned from the older men that had guarded the city for a long time. He wasn't naturally good with the training and took some of his extra time, learning from his father and training with him in order to become a good soldier. After some time, his strength had grown and he had become a good soldier, after he had graduated, he spent his time as a guard for the city, as well as serving in the army when it was called for.

Over time, it was recognized that Tanis was a decent diplomat, a good speaker, and a poster boy for the military. But that changed when his brothers were kidnapped and held ransom from a gang that had recently come along into Waterdeep. It was a horrible time, his step father nearly went mad trying to find them, as well as Tanis. Every clue that lead them somewhere, ended up in a dead end, and soon, if they didn't pay the ransom, their deaths began to linger over their heads. That is when Tanis turned to faith, to Torm, and to his father, and something began to happen. Tanis began to notice things happening around him, things that others, would call signs, he swore then, that if he was granted vengeance on those that stole his brothers, that he would devote himself to Torm and his beliefs, and it seemed as if Torm, not his father, would answer him.

He followed these signs, convincing his father and his superiors that something was telling them where to go. They were running out of options, so they decided that this would be the last attempt, and if it failed, they would be forced to pay. As fate would have it, the signs did lead to the gangs newly established hideout, and attacked the gang members that were in it at the time. As they fought, Tanis began to feel the divine power of Torm, as it seemed to flow through him, and gave him the strength and will to defeat them, his brothers were saved and through his heroics, he was granted the title of knight.

Now as a knight, he was granted the opportunity to go on missions outside of the city, for he now served a higher purpose than just a guard and average soldier. His family was set up so that his step father was able to retire from his service and now aided his mother with the bakery. While Tanis went on tours for his lord, ridding their borders from evil that would attempt to come to Waterdeep, or attack it's surrounding establishments. He had served his time following the commands of his lord, and after a time, he was granted the power to be able to choose his own missions.

That is when he heard of the Map House, once again, through signs that would have only come from a deity, that this information came to him, he took it as a calling, something big might be happening there, and if there is, it seemed like he needed to be there. He explained to his lord what he had experienced, as well as the comment that this would be a good opportunity to gain more recruits, outside of the city itself, Silverymoon was a growing city, with plenty of people coming in and out of there. After a fair bit of discussion, he was granted the allowance to do so, so with his retainer, Logein, they travelled to Silverymoon, to find and join the Map House and discover why Torm called for him to go there.

Last edited by The Dark Star; Nov 19th, 2020 at 04:08 PM.
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Still open to applications. I'll make selections on Because I take all week to cook Thanksgiving dinner, but the day after I'll be awakening from a food coma.11/27.

This is a reminder that you're welcome to use content from Tasha's Cauldron. I'll discuss the optional class features with those selected.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 08:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6853
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
I've made a slight alteration on my application for Angelo Thal. I've switched from the College of Lore to the new College of Eloquence from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. This makes Angelo a slightly better public speaker but a little less lore-oriented, but with a loremaster along for the ride I feel that won't hurt us at all.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; Nov 20th, 2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 09:35 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1954
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
I've made a slight alteration on my application for Angelo Thal. I've switched from the College of Lore to the new College of Eloquence from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. This makes Angelo a slightly better public speaker but a little less lore-oriented, but with a loremaster along for the ride I feel that won't hurt us at all.
*thumbs up*

Playing: Letholdus, Halfling Cleric; Orderic, Half Elf Bard;
Snick-R-DDL-1, Troubleshooter. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 11:49 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 474
Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf
Sounds like an interesting open-ended adventure. Are you planning to run this for a longer period of time or up to a certain character level? Or will it be akin to a one-shot?