DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] D&D 3.5 We Used to Dance - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 14th, 2020, 07:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
D&D 3.5 We Used to Dance

Game NameD&D 3.5 We Used to Dance

Game SystemDnD 3.5e Forgotten Realms

ThemeNative American, Combat, Fantasy

The Land BeforeWhether born in the mountains, the plains, or the coastline, the people like the land was young and untouched by civilization. The evergreens, maples, and oaks provided more than homes for small animals, it offered resources for those who would not abuse the gift. The sweet tasting waters flowing from the mountains to small lakes. Yes, along with the beauty came the untamed wilderness a rough land that needed strong people that could live with what the land provided rather than forcing the land to bend.

left-aligned image

Uninvited guestsThe peaceful lives of the Atruaghin clans has been disrupted by the arrival of several merchant ships and settlers from Faerun. The settlers have allied with the dark spirited snake clan, building wooden forts, destroying the trees, hunting animals far more than they need. The elder council has advised the people to avoid these strangers, but defend your hunting grounds.

Avoidance doesn't seem to be working; with the merchants of Waterdeep expanding their territory for the vast resources. A group of young warriors has decided to make a name for themselves and chase these interlopers back into the sea. They must now make a decision with major consequences, either the people continue to lose their land and watch it succumb to despoilers or be exiled by the elders in their fight to save the land of their ancestors.

Basic MechanicsPost rate; 1 post/2-3 days
Books; PHB 3.5 ed, Atruaghin Clans Gazateer (2nd ed), Jakarta Island of War.
Races; Human only. No fancy variants, just Human.
Deadline; Once I have 5-10 players.
There will be private threads for each player and a group thread.

General InformationPlayers; Up to 10
Level: 0 (that is right no typo; level NONE)
Next Post will have Creation Information

Applications
Name;
Gender;
Clan:
Totem Spirit:
Hobbies; Likes; Dislikes:
Appearance:
Personality:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_the_ancient_indigenous_art_of_rainmaking.png
Views:	268
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	88142   Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_untitled.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	88194  

Last edited by Sarge67; Yesterday at 03:35 AM. Reason: add information
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Attribute Point Buy system: 32 points

Each stat begins at 8.

A stat of 9 costs 1 point.
A stat of 10 costs 2 points.
A stat of 11 costs 3 points.
A stat of 12 costs 4 points.
A stat of 13 costs 5 points.
A stat of 14 costs 6 points.
A stat of 15 costs 8 points.
A stat of 16 costs 10 points.
A stat of 17 costs 13 points.
A stat of 18 costs 16 points.

Starting Hitpoints: 4+Con Mod.

NO CLASS, NO SKILLS, NO FEATS

Tribes Secondary Skills List; Choose 3 (among the bold print. skills in parentheses will be included)

You receive 1 point in the skills that are comprised in the secondary skill.

Armorer (Make, Repair, Evaluate armor and weapons)
Boyer (Make, Repair, evaluate bows and arrows)
Fishing (Swimming, Nets, and Small boat use)
Forester (Basic Wood Lore (Trapmaking, Herb Lore) and Lumbering)
Groom (Basic Animal Lore, Animal Handling, Tracking)
Hunter (Basic Wood Lore, Butcher, Basic Tracking)
Leather Worker (Skinning, Tanning)
Trapper/Furrier (Basic wood lore, Skinning)
Weaponsmith (Make, Repair, Evaluate weapons)[Hand Axes, Clubs, Spears, Knives]
First Aid (Binding broken bones, stop bleeding, treating burns,)
Weaving (Make blankets, Craft containers, repair clothing)
Herbalism (Basic Nature Lore, Mixing medicines)

CHOOSE ONE TOTEM SPIRIT: Skills, Feats, and abilities are added.

Totem SpiritNotes 
Bear+2 Survival (Mountains), +2 Hunting, (Feat) Toughness, +2 Spot (by smell) 
Boar+2 Nat. Armor, +2 Survival (Forest), Proficient; Club 
Owl30' Dark Vision, +2 Listen, +2 Survival (Forest) 
Scorpion+2 Hide, +2 Initiative, +2 Craft (Poison/Sting) 
Snake+2 Move Silent, +2 Hide, +2 Craft (Poisons) 
Mountain Lion +2 Survival (Mountains), Feat Track, +2 ATT when ambushing 
Otter+2 Swim, +2 Survival (Swamp), +2 Search 
Hare+2 Listen, +2 Hide, +2 Move Silent, +10 Speed 
Ram+2 Survival (Mountains), +2 Search, +2 Nature, (Feat) Endurance 
Lizard+2 Move Silent, +2 Hide, +2 Danger Sense (ground vibrations) 
Stag+2 Listen, +2 Run, (Feat) Alertness, +2 Nature, +10 Speed 
WolfFeat; Track, +2 Move Silent, +2 Attack when working with others (no damage bonus) 
Fox+2 Survival, +2 Sleight of Hand 
Eagle, Hawk +2 Spot, +2 Jump, +2 ATT with ranged weapons 
Fish(Usually farmers and those who remain in/near village) 

Beginning Equipment: Short Bow w/ 20 arrows; Spear, Tomahawk or War Club; Fur Cloak (no AC benefit); Leather legging and vest (+2 AC); Knife; 2 sides of deer leather; one blanket; waterskin; 5 days of food, 3 clay runes (cure lt. wounds), 3 clay runes (Endure Elements).

CHOOSE YOUR BONUS HUMAN FEAT among this list: Acrobatic, Agile, Alertness, Animal Affinity, Armor (Lt), Athletic, Dodge, Endurance, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Run, Self Sufficient, Skill Focus, Stealthy, Toughness, and Track.

CHOOSE A CLAN:

Pony Clan Pony Warriors are great riders and prefer battle from horseback. Whether by lance (spear) or Bow. Every member of the clan is raised to ride from the moment they begin walking. They are only average fighters in melee compared to other clans, but still capable. The clan relies on the Buffalo hunts to survive the winter. Clothing; Buffalo and deerskin clothing, loin clothes and shoes during warm months. Wear Buffalo tooth jewelry. Wear feathered warbonnets to mark past kills. Weapons; Spear, Hand Axes, Daggers, All ranged weapons are considered cowardly. Leather (+2 AC) and hide shields (+1 to AC).

Following skills begin with 1 point and will become class skills upon making first level. Riding (Horse), Hunting, Survival (Plains), Animal Handling (Horse)

Ram Clan
Ram people build homes from caves on the edge of mountain cliffs. The people appear to thrive in the most inhospitable rocky terrain. While agriculture is almost unheard of, there are some vegetation which thrives carrots, turnips, parsnips, radishes and beets. People of this clan look weather beaten, wear loose heavy furs with Bear and Badger clawed jewelry. Craft items include wool clothing as well as metal ingots (Gold, Iron, and copper). The clan has discovered and begun trading coal for heating. Warriors prefer blunt weapons; Mauls, clubs, Great Clubs, will use bows but not well. Heavy Fur Vests/Leggings and Snake Jerkins (AC 6), and do not use shields. Many warriors decorate their outfits with bone rattles to imitate their Spirit Animal and the sound of hooves contacting the mountain stone. Beginning Skills start at 1 point and become class skills upon making first level; Climbing, Jumping (Ledges), Knowledge (Mountaineering), Survival (Mountains)

Fish Clan

Live along coastal waters; Build long houses and have the most exposure to foreign merchants. While warriors continue to wield traditional arms and armor, the clan enjoys metal pots and mundane items for the hearth. The clan lives on the edge of the beach front and forests along the eastern coastline. Warriors wear wooden (+3 to AC) and leather armor (+2 to AC), primary weapon the Harpoon, Short bows. Warriors are strong archers, wear wooden helmets with designs of totem spirits.

Beginning Skills start at 1 point and become class skills upon making first level; Swim, Navigation (Ocean), Survival (Ocean)

Squirrel Clan Live in forests traveling along a network of fallen trees and tall standing Maple, Oak or ferns. clothing made of buckskin, decorate clothing with various colored dyes and porcupine needles. Squirrel people harvest honey from bees, have the most fertile land for agriculture, and the widest variety of berries in their diet.
The Squirrel people also trade syrup from the Maple trees to the other clan is. This clan was the second to interact with foreign merchants and has suffered from the great sickness as badly as the fish clan. Both genders paint bodies with ornate designs. Always carry make up kits. Weapons; Tomahawk (Hand Axes), also favor short bow. Use Hit and Run tactics, tree runners, Custom of scalping. This clan has has no clerics; Druids fill the gap. Druids of this clan are not restricted to the neutral alignment.

Squirrel clan is known for practicing scalping in reaction outsider Armies suffer -2 Morale when engaging with Squirrel Clan warriors.

Beginning Skills start at 1 point and become class skills upon making first level; Climbing, Listen, Move Silent, Tree Walking, Survival (Forest), Set Snares, Tracking.

Boar ClanThe boar clan resides inside the face of rolling hills just north of the Squirrel clans southern territory. This clan wears coarse furs and heavy pelts in the winter, but loinclothes and light leather deer hide in the summer. The Boar people are very adaptable to their environments similar to the Ram people. The people of this clan have created underground tunnel networks connecting to escape routes as well as to other homes. The warriors prefer fighting two weapon style using a weapon similar to the kama. The weapon utilizes boar tusks attached to handle. This clan is known for entering a rage (refer to Barbarian Rage) as they fearlessly charge into battles where the odds are against them.

Bonus: Feat Toughness, Feat Tracking, 1 point in Knowledge (Nature), Survival (Any).

Last edited by Sarge67; Yesterday at 06:43 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 663
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I am quite tempted to do this. If I weren't in so many games already, I'd consider it more strongly. I'll think on it.

Edit: is there a chance you'd allow the Totemist class if/when we get classes?

Last edited by Ermine; Nov 14th, 2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I am quite tempted to do this. If I weren't in so many games already, I'd consider it more strongly. I'll think on it.

Edit: is there a chance you'd allow the Totemist class if/when we get classes?
Looks fine to me. Doesn't look overpowering.

Last edited by Sarge67; Nov 14th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 05:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Pony Clan: Reside throughout the plains in the north and central regions of the continent. Some tribes also reside along the rolling hills in the south.

Ram Clan: Resides in the Eastern and Western mountain ranges. A few tribes also reside in the rolling hills located in the northwest region of the continent.

Fish Clan: Reside in the northeast of the continent along the coast and along the coast of the southern region. The clan also has a settlement on the eastern island of First Dawn.

Squirrel Clan; Resides in the Eastern and Southern forests.

Viper Clan (NPC ONLY); Is found in every region acting as a scavenger. They have a major settlement on Shadow Island in the southwest. This clan has raided and waged war among all of the clans as it attempts to expand it's own territory. Its shamans have practiced black magic for years now, another taboo within the clans.

Last edited by Sarge67; Nov 17th, 2020 at 02:16 AM.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
It is not an easy path to participate in, but a unique appreciation as you gain in levels.

Last edited by Sarge67; Yesterday at 03:59 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The days which saw peace among the people, when the snake remained in his hole. The people rejoiced, they smiled, they sang, and they danced. With the arrival of the lost one; the snake has revealed himself. The land now suffers as blood is shed in the name of the serpent. The spirit death has taken us to a dark land. We must fight back, we must survive so our children can dance once again.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vintage Native Americans, Buffalo Dance by Cassidy Mouse Pad.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	88186  

Last edited by Sarge67; Yesterday at 07:22 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68004
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
good luck with the game.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 03:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Changed it. Hope that is better. Now people, this story is something different from the Medieval European feel several players have complained about. Rarely do you experience something similar to Native American culture (Remember there were thousands of unique cultures and no information within the story should be considered historically accurate, though much of it is.)

So, come and join the story, survive the wild, encounter monsters and settlers alike seeking an end to your very way of life.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rsz_wolf_-_broken_silence_by_collin_bogle.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	88208  

Last edited by Sarge67; Nov 17th, 2020 at 03:33 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 08:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4264
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
I should say, this is very intriguing! If it was 5e, I'd put a placeholder, but I'm afraid that I don't have enough time to learn the nuances of 3.5.
I hope you get a nice team for this, though! I am very tempted to read along and enjoy the story!
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 08:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2099 View Post
I should say, this is very intriguing! If it was 5e, I'd put a placeholder, but I'm afraid that I don't have enough time to learn the nuances of 3.5.
I hope you get a nice team for this, though! I am very tempted to read along and enjoy the story!
I've attempted 5th ed. and actually prefer 3.5 ed. I do however like 5th ed's background, goals, bonds, and flaws. Thank you for the well wishes and you are welcomed to keep track if this game gets off of the ground.
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 01:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Well, I’m interested. Hopefully more people check this out.
Application for ‘We Used to Dance’
left-aligned image

Name: Aiyana

Clan: Squirrel Clan

Totem Spirit: Scorpion

Hobbies/Likes/Dislikes: Aiyana has long chafed at being a woman in a world where the men are the traditional hunters. In her mind, Aiyana is, pound for pound, more than capable at matching up against any man alive. Her hobbies are anything martial; indeed, she relishes the thought of invaders coming to test their mettle against her. She likes to kill, and to skin what she kills, and to make trophies of her skins. She looks forward to collecting many, many scalps. She strongly dislikes being told what to do, especially by a man, and especially by a man she feels is weaker than herself.

Appearance: Aiyana would be considered to have a “primal beauty,” but the beholder will have to look past the thick warpaint, dark, matted hair, feathers, and tattoos to truly see her. In truth, she does not consider herself beautiful, so she has abandoned any attempt at upkeeping her appearance. A real hunter takes on the appearance of her surroundings, and Aiyana’s copper skin is gray with filth and her hair woven with sticks.

Personality: Almost feral. She is part of a clan but considers herself largely apart. For a clan that prides itself on scalping their foes, Aiyana seems to go beyond even that, occasionally cutting out the hearts of her kills to take a bite, and thereby gain the strength of her foes. Many of the more “traditional” women of the clan tend to go out of their way to avoid her, and that is just fine. They are weak.
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 08:19 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Headgames010 Headgames010

Name: Kya
Clan: Ram Clan
Hobbies/dislikes: Kya has lived a hard life in the mountains. Her family has been known go off and challenge nature by being mountain climbers or swimmers. Her mother had drowned when she was very little and her father had raised her as a hunter, always dictating to Kya how fierce her mother was. It was when her father was killed by a mountain lion, it became Kya's life mission to avenge her father and kill the beast that had made her an orphan. Only a teenager and alone, Kya roams the mountains studying the lions movements and habbits while biding her time and waiting until she summons enough courage to make the kill.

Appearance: Kya is very tanned and extremely physically fit. She doesn't wear much by the way of clothes. Just a embroidered leather jerkin and some beads her mother had owned. She always travels barefoot.

Personality: Kya trusts no one. She is true Neutral and will only respond to the lure of personal pleasure or to protect her home or anyone she loves, which is no on at the moment.

She spends her time burning things in pots which smoke ends up turning into images of her most hated enemy, which further drives the young warrior insane.

BUt I am interested in the game. Always liked native american culture and like the idea of roleplaying it. I wanna make just an awesome ranger/rogue who is super smart ( not that comely ends up wearing masks and stuff to frighten invaders) who uses every advantage possible to best her enemies. She is going to be quick. nimble and acrobatic, good at climbing. Her rogue class will be used to give her tumbling and climbing abilities as well as ambush and sneak attack damage. Going to give her feats like Combat reflexes and improved Feint, Weapon Finesse. She will do things like if cornered, feint attack+sneak attack damage, leave her dagger in the person while she springs past them and shanks them on he way by with spring attack

Last edited by Aethera; Nov 22nd, 2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: merging app into one post, no need to spam thread
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Good Writing > Power Game

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Placeholder. WIP

"Application: Brother Bear

Name; Two-Claw
Gender; Male
Clan: Boar Clan
Totem Spirit: Bear Spirit
Goal; Bear Totem Barbarian -> Bear Warrior
Personal Note; Am actually Cree Indian
Hobbies; Likes; Dislikes:
Appearance:
Personality:

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Nov 20th, 2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 02:03 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Sneak Attack
The early morning sun warmed his skin and a gentle breeze from the seemingly endless ocean rippled the water. A glistening myriad of sparkles reminded Cub of the polished stones worn on the jewelry of the invaders.

Even out here they intruded his thoughts, Cub thought as he drew in his empty net, gathered it and sent it back into sea with a gentle sweep. He sat back into his boat, drifting along the coast as the sun warmed the land and tried to forget the pain in his heart. Though his young sister and his mother were now with the spirit of the Great Otter, they had left him too soon. Their lingering departure had been hard to watch as they slowly succumbed to the vileness spread by the strangers. Their passing had left an emptiness, an uncertainty for the future into which a hatred for the invaders would slowly fill unless the Spirit of the Otter would once more give him joy. The elders had spoke as if the invaders were like a tide that would come in and then go out but Cub knew in his heart that this was not true, if left unchecked they would wash away all that was good.

The boat had drifted along the shore and too close to the outlet of one of the rivers, a point where the tide and muddy river waters fought for supremacy only to be overcome by the weight of the sea. Young Cub gently paddled his boat to the shore. To return his clan’s territory he would have to drag his boat a way along the beach, easier than fighting against the turbulent currents. The wet sand felt good under his feet and he stood for a moment, in no rush to return to the sorrow waiting for him. If only the Spirit of the Otter would show him a direction.

A movement in the tree line caught his eye and Cub ducked behind what little cover was offered by his boat.

A Viper? No, the war paint and tattoos spoke of a female of the Squirrels. Cub watched, sure that the girl had seen him and had not the inclination to acknowledge him. Though the Squirrels were no strangers to Cub, this one was unlike any woman he had seen. The women of his tribe had a simple beauty, a joy in their step that spoke of passion and of family, of love and comfort. This Squirrel walked with a purpose that had a grim beauty and a deathly grace.

He looked into his boat, empty of fish as was his family home, and then looked at the beautiful Squirrel woman as she moved inland. Gathering what he could carry, Cub hurried after her, praying that the Otter Spirit was not toying with him.

OOC
Name; “Cub”
Gender; Male
Clan: Fish
Totem Spirit: Otter +2 Swim, +2 Survival (Swamp), +2 Search
Hobbies; Likes; Sunrise on the ocean, grilled lobster at sunset, the prospect of a family. Dislikes: Greed and avarice that motivate the invaders.

Appearance: Rich chestnut hair, sharp blue eyes, the vitality of youth and a careful but confident stride mean that Cub is perhaps more noticeable than his slim build and unimposing stature would otherwise suggest. Cub keeps himself clean and tidy, a pleasant young man who tends to watch and listen but has an intensity often found in those seeking their destiny. Like many of his clan, young Cub wears little that might snag or catch. The image of a playful otter wraps around his torso and little else is needed by way of adornment.

Personality: The Otter Spirit is playful and cherishes its cubs. Patient and cunning as a hunter, ready to use tooth and claw to defend its own, violence for its own sake has no purpose. The blue waters provide for everything: a mate, an endless bounty and the hope to perpetuate the clan.