... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Jul 21st, 2019, 11:30 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Numen Wraith, I like your character's take on Aliuvial, especially how he thinks that she lacks confidence.
Thanks, and maybe that's not quite the right wording, but I was And I had a Great Dane staring at me because she wanted to go to the parktrying to be succinct. It's more about her need to prove herself in regards to her family, but we can hash it out in game.
Old Jul 22nd, 2019, 10:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Thanks, and maybe that's not quite the right wording, but I was And I had a Great Dane staring at me because she wanted to go to the parktrying to be succinct. It's more about her need to prove herself in regards to her family, but we can hash it out in game.
I can see my character listening to your character and nodding agreement while she's leaning down to tie his shoe/boot, and then fixing his collar.
Old Jul 22nd, 2019, 10:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 867
Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post

2) If there痴 somebody you definitely want to play with please let me know here. This will have ZERO impact on deciding whether you both (or all if more than 2) get in. However, if you are all accepted I will definitely try my best to accommodate your request. No guarantees. I知 not looking for the perfectly optimized party but I知 also not looking to make a party of 6 casters either lol.

Thank you for your interest! I am really excited to host this game for you!
I don't envy your job trying to narrow this down even to 12! Regarding who I think Osryn might like to adventure with there are a number of PC's that seem to share his philosophy that would fit nicely the past party dynamic. In terms of personalities I would personally find interesting to RP with, I love to be surprised by unforeseen interactions that grow over time, so I can't help you there unfortunately. Should you choose to take my application forward I am really looking forward to the game too!
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 03:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
theenglishslug theenglishslug
Thodir Thrindak

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Thodir Thrindak
Race: Dwarf (Hill)
Class: Cleric 4 (Grave)
Appearance: Brown eyes, brown hair tied back in near pony tail, well kempt beard. Pale skin. Average build for a dwarf. A kind smile for those he helps

Background: Acolyte

Personality Trait: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.

Ideal: Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy. (Lawful)

Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.

Flaw: My piety sometimes leads me to blindly believe those which profess faith in my god.

Brief History: Thodir grew up in a small mining community near the Sunset Mountains. He was a miner like his family before him, and always had a smile on his face no matter how grueling the work became. One day, an accident caused a large rock to fall and mortally injure one of the younger miners. As they got the boy back to the town, it was clear he would not last long. Word had spread that that a Doomguide was passing through as nearby town, and he was sent for. Whne he arrived, he saw that Thodir was doing all he could to make the boy comfortable and calm for his passing to the next life. Impressed with Thodir痴 initiative and calmness under pressure, The Doomguide invited Thodir to join him as an acolyte of the temple of Kelemvor. Thodir was happy to go on this adventure, and his family was proud of his calling to a higher power. After training under the Doomguide, Thodir set out to spread the word of Kelemvor across Faerun.
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
theenglishslug

Great app! Added to the completed section.
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Actually miscounted before, we’ve received 24 apps so far so I’m taking one more application and then we are closing this out.

Last edited by TomBombadil; Jul 25th, 2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Actually miscounted before, we致e received 24 apps so far so I知 taking one more application and then we are closing this out.
Ooooh! I値l write something up tonight!
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Ooooh! I値l write something up tonight!
You gonna apply again or you talking about making your character? Lol
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6472
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Are applications still open? I would very much like to be involved in a Forgotten realms campaign that starts at higher than level 1.
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Are applications still open? I would very much like to be involved in a Forgotten realms campaign that starts at higher than level 1.
Yeah we are taking one more application so if you want it go for it!
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
You gonna apply again or you talking about making your character? Lol
I was talking about a new application, but I guess I値l let Art Hill Ian I have a go.

Seriously, though, I知 excited about this.
Old Jul 25th, 2019, 11:59 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Khemed:
right-aligned image

Backstory: Khemed was born in the Dock Ward of Calimport, only a step above the City of Shadows, nearly in the sewer itself. His family was part of the freed slave population that came to call Calimport their home. Despite it's size and prestige as the main trading hub of Calimshan, it had it's people that populated the low rungs on the ladder. Khemed resorted to taking any job he could find from the time he was able to understand the concept of money, from clearing gutters of filth or trash that clogged it to guiding tourists around the city. No job payed very much but he worked twice as hard to sustain his family. His family, who had grown sick and weak from the poor living conditions, wasn't out of the ordinary and by the time he was ten years old he was alone.

His life only got worse after that, as bad as it was. He overworked himself to make it from meal to meal but eventually, it wasn't enough. He began to starve and with his weakness, others that lived in the little world that was the Dock Ward began to prey on him. His days were a haze of being beaten, what few possessions he could scrounge stolen from him and lying in the gutter, half-alive to recover from his wounds. It was one such day, he lie naked and trembling in the gutter when a strong hand took a hold of him and lifted him into the light, inspected him for a moment then threw him into a caged wagon, not that he would have needed to be kept in a cage. As the wagon rattled and bounced through the lower wards, he could do little but lay at the bottom while several more bodies were added to the cage. He didn't know if he had died or faded into a dream but he imagined that this was the end, his weak body brushed beneath the weight of others until he was naught but dust. It was long past dark when the weight of seven bodies was lifted from him, removed last from the cage, only to be thrown into a cell with the same, filthy bodies he had ridden with. He laid upon the sod floor, savoring every heaving breath now that the weight was off him. When he had the strength to open his eyes again, from the fitful sleep, he was staring at the side of a wooden object, a bowl of thin, watery porridge.

The next several years of his life were progressively better than the first several years, that's not to say they were great. Unbeknownst to him, he had been adopted by a small abbey outside of Calimport that worshiped the goddess, Loviatar, the goddess of Pain. He learned quickly the meaning of this Goddess though. A much longer-lasting haze of beatings and healing broken up by vigorous training as the Order of the White Rod turned him into a weapon who's only purpose was to inflict pain. They fed him and gave him a roof so he could do little more to thank them than learn what they had to teach. For five years, he lived in a quasi-hell but he learned to harden himself to the beatings and he learned to torture and inflict pain on others in return.

It was by pure luck that he found another way. As he was tasked with torturing and ending a traitor to the Goddess, that the prisoner escaped and fled into the desert. Through Khemed's pursuit, he was led a merry chase through the desert and ended in an oasis where the prisoner, seemingly giving up, fell to his knees and began muttering to himself that Khemed was struck with a bright white light and while unconscious, he was visited by the voice and presence of Ilmater, the god of suffering and perseverance and through his presence, Khemed was shown a better way, without torture. His eyes were opened to a greater purpose. When he woke, his first sight was the prisoner he had chased out here, brandishing salve to ease the pain of sunburn. For the next several days, Khemed was hungry for knowledge about the Broken God and his ways and the prisoner he had pursued, Hessel was eager to teach him.

In time, he learned that all the things he had learned from the Desciples of the White Rod, much like his early life, were not to be forgotten but taken as a sign that he had endured, the techniques and skills he had be taught, could be used for the good of others, in order to relieve their suffering. In this, he took heart and eventually left the oasis, returning to where had grown up, determined to aid those who could not aid themselves. It didn't take him long to run afoul of the wrong people in the form of the Pasha of the Dock Ward. He quickly became a beacon of hope, standing up to and striking down many agents that the Pasha sent to harass him or the lowly inhabitants of the Dock Ward. Unfortunately, the Pasha's agents were many while Khemed was alone and after just barely surviving a confrontation with more than he could handle, he was forced to flee. In the dead of night, he boarded a ship bound for the Sword Coast, fearing that he would never be able to return to Calimport.

In his exile and hiding, he met and joined with a party of ambitious adventurers and eventually led to pursuing the Harbinger of Pre-Justice, an enemy that Khemed couldn't talk himself out of pursuing for the sake of actual justice and to end the suffering of anyone unlucky enough to appear in this person's visions. A part of him sought to end the oppression of yet another servant of the God, Bane.

Race: Calishite/Human (Variant)

Appearance: Khemed stands a modest five foot and six inches tall with a little less than a hundred and fifty pounds on him but what is there is toned by his lifestyle of daily training and exercise. Upon the back of his left shoulder, he bears a brand that resembles a whip with nine strands all splayed apart. He never sports any hair upon his head, whether it just doesn't grow or he shaves it daily is more mystery than his past to most people, but he does keep a neatly trimmed mustache and goatee upon his face. His brown eyes are set deep in his slim face but when focused on a task, they never waver, often lingering on a person he is talking to as if studying them and their body language. He has given up any nuance of Calimshan fashion and wears a simple white work shirt, often rolled up to his elbows and loosely tucked into his sturdy trousers and tightly wound moccasins adorn his feet. He sometimes wears a neutral grey cloak about his shoulders in colder climes. He always carries a stave about a head taller than himself that is polished white wood from harvested from the trunk of a palm tree.

Class: Monk (Way of the Open Palm/Former Disciple of the White Rod)

Background: Folk Hero
Personality Trait:
-I judge people by their actions, not their words
-When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Ideal:
-Freedom: Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people. (Chaotic)
-Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good)
Bond:
-I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw:
-The Pasha who rules my Ward will stop at nothing to see me killed.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 03:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01

App looks good at first glance. I will read it in full tonight and then start picking players.
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 04:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
All,

The application process is now closed! Thank you very much for applying to my game and I will be contacting those of you who I end up selecting via Direct Message. Once all spots are full I will post another post here. Thanks again!
Old Jul 26th, 2019, 04:08 AM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
I think i'm done. Sorry if I got a little carried away but forgotten realms is one of my favorite settings and one I can so heavily ground my characters in. Hope you enjoy the read.