DnD5e The Harbinger of Pre Justice - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Jul 12th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
Ah! I hate that feeling. Especially since it never feels exactly right after retyping. I do all my stuff in notepad now and paste it in to see how it looks or add formatting.
I do the same thing
Old Jul 12th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
So, I've often found that the personality I have in mind for a character isn't always where that character ends up. Despite that, I'm going to throw some bits in here about how Lash Reddoran might view or react to the other PC's in his, and their, current incarnation. I'm hoping this helps me solidify who Lash is in my brain. That way, if he gets in the game, I know where he's at as a person before the RP starts. If I completely miss the mark on someone's character, please correct me! I'm going to do my best based on what's in the application.

Let's just go from the top then:

Last edited by Troy; Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:19 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 12:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1619
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
@Troy: Great job understanding Arquiroth!

He would not hold Lash's past against him, given that Lash has embraced a better way and repented of his misdeeds. Likewise, he would see no need to vanquish the Harbinger if he were to repent as well, as long as he did penance for his murderous misdeeds.

Actually, I think I'm going to edit my application to make this aspect of his personality clearer.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 01:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
@Shutteredskies

Great app! I added it to the completed section.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
saratek187

Great app! Added to the completed section. Just to clarify while these events take place after Lost Mine of Phandelver, the party Rizzen will be a part of is not the party that participated in those events. That party is believed to be dead. They haven’t been seen or heard from in over 5 years. So feel free to tweak your background story with that information.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinrad View Post
Cool concept and thinking of submitting. Two questions:

1) Are you allowing the Ghostwise halfling variant from SCAG?
2) Regarding Ranger - is it strictly from the four sources you mentioned or is the Revised Ranger UA in play at all?
Yes on the Ghostwise Halfling.
No on the Revised Ranger. Only the sources I named.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:18 AM
Gone Drinkin'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13585
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
saratek187

Great app! Added to the completed section. Just to clarify while these events take place after Lost Mine of Phandelver, the party Rizzen will be a part of is not the party that participated in those events. That party is believed to be dead. They haven’t been seen or heard from in over 5 years. So feel free to tweak your background story with that information.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Troy, you pretty much nailed it on the head. While some knights look down on others, especially peasants, Zion never has, treating all with respect. The name, race, class, and personality of this character is one of my old characters I had back in the very early 80's.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:20 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
@Troy: I tried to keep my backstory short, but it does seem to have left Providence's morals a bit vague. He is very much about his own well-being, but only insofar as it doesn't have too much of an impact on others. Despite his first real theft involving the community savings of the farmers and so forth from his village, it was mostly just a revenge thing. One can only take so many years of totally unwarranted racism and abuse before it boils over, so that is sort of the worst thing he's ever done. His burglaries and so on after that, along with his work for the Zhents, mostly involved stealing from people who can stand the loss. He's very chaotic good; fun is fun and money is money, but he won't be stealing a working man's life savings or the coins out of a beggar's cup. He's not above pickpocketing a wealthy merchant or breaking into a mansion, but even then, he doesn't get greedy, and won't be leaving anyone in financial ruin. More just skimming off the top.

Likewise, Providence would judge Lash pretty hard for the more hardcore things he'd done, but ultimately base his feelings toward him on his actions in the present. Providence got his own father killed, but he's not a bad person; he knows as well as anybody that a series of bad decisions can lead down a hard a path.

Last edited by ParzivalFair; Jul 13th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mairien

Great app! Added to the completed list!
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 03:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
I hate the expiring tokens on this website sometimes.

Three days (hour here and there) worth of typing gone because I forgot to copy, refresh, paste, and then submit.

It really takes the satisfaction out of "Yeah, that feels good!" *Click*

That sucks! Sorry.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 04:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
Application Complete

The general concept has been rattling around for a few days now but I had to mull over a few of the finer points before I was comfortable putting it "on paper."
Great app! Added it to the list.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 04:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
So, I've often found that the personality I have in mind for a character isn't always where that character ends up. Despite that, I'm going to throw some bits in here about how Lash Reddoran might view or react to the other PC's in his, and their, current incarnation. I'm hoping this helps me solidify who Lash is in my brain. That way, if he gets in the game, I know where he's at as a person before the RP starts. If I completely miss the mark on someone's character, please correct me! I'm going to do my best based on what's in the application.
And how would Lash view The Harbinger? Lol
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 04:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Alright we have 19 applications received 16 complete. I’ll accept 6 more and then we will close the door on new applications.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
And how would Lash view The Harbinger? Lol
I just deleted a big paragraph and read some more about Amaunator and I think I have this figured out. Lash is a repentant soul. He wants to do good things and bring order to the realm. He would respect the Harbinger's mission but, ultimately, the Harbinger's methods would put him too far outside the law for Lash. If the Harbinger was brutally killing murderers and rapists, Lash would happily jump on that train. The Harbinger is killing children, though. That's unacceptable. That's evil and it's murder, which makes the Harbinger a murderer.

Which brings me to a second point. If Lash gets into the game, I might need you to do a bit of extra work. Lash is a letter of the law type of person. He needs to know the laws of where he's roaming and the legal consequences of breaking those laws. If the party stumbles onto a bandit camp unnoticed, what should he do? Is the penalty for banditry death? This is kind of a bad example because Lash, knowing that bandits are breaking the law and having a strong distaste for them already, would just let the bandits see him and then provoke violence so that he could claim self-defense. Anyway, if Lash gets in I'd like to go over some of the common laws for the Sword Coast and any time we go into a new city, I'd need to brush up on the laws of that city.