RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 13th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6671
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Quote:
Which brings me to a second point. If Lash gets into the game, I might need you to do a bit of extra work. Lash is a letter of the law type of person. He needs to know the laws of where he's roaming and the legal consequences of breaking those laws. If the party stumbles onto a bandit camp unnoticed, what should he do? Is the penalty for banditry death? This is kind of a bad example because Lash, knowing that bandits are breaking the law and having a strong distaste for them already, would just let the bandits see him and then provoke violence so that he could claim self-defense. Anyway, if Lash gets in I'd like to go over some of the common laws for the Sword Coast and any time we go into a new city, I'd need to brush up on the laws of that city.
This, by the way, would, to a lesser extent, also apply to Jhessail, in virtue of her City Watch background. Not sure if we're helping or hurting our case here.

Last edited by Mairien; Jul 13th, 2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
I mean... If Tom were to accept both When reading the applications I put together what I thought his ideal party would be and Jhessail was a very easy pick for it.Jhessail and Lash then we could certainly help him write up a few laws. That would, actually, give Tom less work because laws are something he needs anyway.

Just saying, Tom.

Last edited by Troy; Jul 13th, 2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairien View Post
This, by the way, would, to a lesser extent, also apply to Jhessail, in virtue of her City Watch background. Not sure if we're helping or hurting our case here.
Definitely hurting it lol just kidding. That won't be a problem.
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
So, I've often found that the personality I have in mind for a character isn't always where that character ends up. Despite that, I'm going to throw some bits in here about how Lash Reddoran might view or react to the other PC's in his, and their, current incarnation. I'm hoping this helps me solidify who Lash is in my brain. That way, if he gets in the game, I know where he's at as a person before the RP starts. If I completely miss the mark on someone's character, please correct me! I'm going to do my best based on what's in the application.

I think you're right on how Lash and Aliu would get along.

Here's some more insight into her actions and interactions with whatever group she is adventuring with. It's in the last spoiler button in the post. I just added it.

Aliuvial is pronounced: Al -eh - u - vee - ul. The "eh" is just barely emphasized, and when said in full, Aliuvial, it is said quickly with a flow somewhat like elven. Though friends call her "Ali", or "Aliu."
Old Jul 14th, 2019, 03:49 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Background finished (enough).

Might still tinker, but the bones are there. Not happy with it as I was the previous version.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Background finished (enough).

Might still tinker, but the bones are there. Not happy with it as I was the previous version.
Looks good! Change the status to complete.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13252
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
I am unfortunately going to have to withdraw my application from the game.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomplum View Post
You’re not allowed to, doo doo head.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomplum View Post
Ok no problem thanks for applying!
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6916
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Quote:
I hate the expiring tokens on this website sometimes.
That does suck. I use Form History Control add-on to avoid this, as do many others. It automatically saves several save-points of a field for reuse or recovery.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuerdrake View Post
That does suck. I use Form History Control add-on to avoid this, as do many others. It automatically saves several save-points of a field for reuse or recovery.
cool, thanks for the info
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad
Hugo Farwise - Ranger

Race: Halfling, Ghostwise
Class: Ranger
Background: Outlander (traits picked from both Outlander and Folk Hero)
- Personality Trait: I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.
- Ideal: Greater Good. It is each person's responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole family (caravan. community, etc.)
- Bond: I have no idea where my family is right now. One day I hope to see them again.
- Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.

Appearance: Hugo is a fairly typical halfling - just a bit over 3 feet tall and around 40 lbs. Contrary to his Lightfoot siblings and adoptive parents, his hair is black and eyes green. Accustomed to life on the road, his traveling clothes are practical and well-maintained, with clever patches here and there. He keeps his hair on the shorter side to keep it out of his eyes and he usually sports a cloak, bandana and studded leathers. His swords are easily accessible, sheathed at his lower back, and he wears quivers at his hip and on his back. His skin is on the paler side, but still obviously tanned from the road. Hugo is easy-going and affable, his posture usually a casual lean, demonstrating a studied air of simply belonging where ever it is he happens to be at the moment, regardless of whether or not he should be. His mouth is usually cocked in a slightly knowing grin, though years on the road dealing with merchants, lords, bandits and soldiers has imbued him with a serious side when he needs to get something done.

Back Story

Last edited by Spinrad; Jul 18th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuerdrake View Post
How’s that work?
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
How’s that work?
Yes, do tell.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Gone Drinkin'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13585
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Application has been updated with revised Brief History.