Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ofthetenfools
Zugmar
right-aligned image

Backstory:
Of all the ways a man can come to a life of piracy, Zugmar took the simplest route, though not necessarily the easiest. Zugmar was born on the Iron Hellion itself. It was no place to raise a child, but the only man stupid enough to tell Captain Zaneda that mysteriously vanished the next time they reached port. No, Zaneda had earned the trust, respect, and good will of her crew. The only real danger to her son was the wrath of mother nature, and that existed everywhere.

Zugmar grew up with no shortage of mentors. As he grew up he learned to sail, to swear, to drink, and to fight. All the important things. Despite the captain's best efforts, Zugmar did not take quite as well to her less exciting lessons in literacy, strategy and leadership. No, he excelled best at what threw himself into wholeheartedly. By the time he was reaching maturity, Zugmar was leading the charge to board the Iron Hellion's victims.

Zugmar live that way for a few years, content in a cycle of sailing, stealing, then wasting away his share at port. Until one day his mother gave him a task. Maybe it was punishment for one too many drunken incidents, maybe she thought a change of scenery would spur some ambition in him, or maybe she just wanted her revenge. It was probably a mix of all three. Captain Zaneda charged Zugmar with tracking down his father and taking back what he stole from her, killing him if necessary. He was dropped off the next time they went to port, left only with a small bit of their plunder and a name.

He wandered with no direction for about a year or two. After one too many stays in jail, he fell in among a group of adventurers while trying to make some money. It's been a year since then, and while he's no closer to finding his father, he's no longer wandering lost in the world.

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Barbarian - Path of the Storm Herald

Background: Pirate

I enjoy sailing into new ports and making new friends over a flagon of ale.
To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city.

I'm committed to my crew mates, not to ideals.

I'm loyal to my captain first, everything else second.

Once someone questions my courage, I never back down now matter how dangerous the situation.

Here's my character. I only did what's in the main application. I wanted to make sure I got the important things first, lol. I'll likely add in a physical description, tell how it's different from the picture. Personality will likely come out once I'm actually playing him though. It's hard to predict sometimes.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratek187 View Post
Application has been updated with revised Brief History.
Looks good. Only thing I would add as the Townsmaster was definitely not beloved lol

Old Jul 16th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Azrael0037 Azrael0037
Application?

Name: Tynlie
Race: Halfling
Class: Warlock (Celestial)
Background: Urchin

Backstory: Tynlie has never been what you'd expect. She has no idea what happened to her parents, though she's asked around, and no one recalls any misfortune striking a halfling couple, so they're probably around... somewhere. Her earliest memories are of being alone, out on the streets, and having to depend on the generosity of strangers. Luckily, she's always been a bit of a charmer, with the people around her responding positively to her singing little bits of song, or doing cute little tricks like somersaults and handsprings, and just generally being around the periphery of city life, gleaning a copper or silver where she could, believing in the fundamental goodness of people. And why wouldn't she, they were always kind to her. Until a particularly brutal winter found Tynlie out in the midst of a snowstorm. She had spent her meager savings earlier that week to sit at an inn out of the cold, and now there was no one in the street, the inns were all sealed up, and no one stirred except her, gradually moving more and more slowly through the cold, until finally, she settled at the foot of a statue in the square, clutching her legs to her to try and keep herself from freezing.
"I'm gonna freeze to death, aren't I, statue?" she said, mostly to reassure herself that she hadn't already.
"Not necessarily." the statue replied. "I'm sure we can work something out, Tynlie."
If she hadn't been stiff with cold, she'd have been gone faster than you could say Amunator's steaming bullocks, but as it was, she just gave a kind of jolt. "Umm, I appreciate the company, statue, but I don't see what you can do to help me. You're colder than I am, and unless you're hiding a treasure somewhere about your unicornly self, I'm afraid this is gonna be the end of me."
A chuckle sounded from the statue. "Well, I am very cold, it's true, and I don't have any treasure, but I might have something better, Tynlie. I can share the barest touch of my power with you, and it will save you now. But being exposed to that power will change you forever, in ways I can't predict. It will make you simultaneously greater than you are, but lesser than you could have been. You will be tied to me forever, and you will have to bring light to a time of darkness. What do you say, Tynlie?"
"I say you're full of it, statue. But it's been nice to have someone to talk to. And if it were a real offer, I'd be happy to bring the light of unicorns to the world." Tynlie sighed. She felt warmer. Did that mean she was getting close to death? She closed her eyes, but a tear trickled out anyway. "It would have been nice to be a Unicorn witch." she muttered, snuggling back into what her mind was telling her was real horseflesh now.
"Warlock." the statue corrected.

When she awoke, she was tucked in a room at a nearby inn. The innkeeper had spotted the light of Tynlie's fire, she said, and brought her in just in time. Tynlie didn't remember lighting a fire, but she was thankful nonetheless. Later, while washing dishes in the inn's scullery to pay for her stay, she saw the innkeeper cut herself, and without thinking, Tynlie healed her. And thus began her journey of discovery of her powers, in equal measure destructive and healing. She soon joined an adventuring party, her heart telling her that that would be the best way to protect the innocents, and spread the light of her unicorn patron to the darkest reaches of the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	80988  

Last edited by Azrael0037; Jul 16th, 2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Removing a sentence fragment
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Azrael0037 Azrael0037
Please let me know if there's anything else I should include by way of application, because I think it's complete.
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Really liking my wizard, she's really growing on me, and as of yet, she is the only Wizard application. Not that this will help me, and hope I didn't jinx myself here.
But, I just added a spoiler for an interview with a bard. Some more insight to Aliu.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jul 17th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 02:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
@Azrael0037

App looks good! Added to the main list.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 02:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Azrael0037

App looks good! Added to the main list.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 02:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Really liking my wizard, she's really growing on me, and as of yet, she is the only Wizard application. Not that this will help me, and hope I didn't jinx myself here.
But, I just added a spoiler for an interview with a bard. Some more insight to Aliu.
Oh you have definitely jinxed it now lol

Old Jul 18th, 2019, 02:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
All,

I'm accepting five more applications and that's it. After that, I will pick the 12 that I like the most and we will start with that.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 03:01 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
The pressure's on!
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad
Application is complete.

Originally started with Folk Hero background but shifted to Outlander, but keeping some of the personality traits from FH based on his backstory.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinrad View Post
Application is complete.

Originally started with Folk Hero background but shifted to Outlander, but keeping some of the personality traits from FH based on his backstory.
Looks good! Added to the list.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
4 more applications and then we are closing this out.
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 507
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Oh jeez I totally forgot about this, stupid dissertation getting in the way of things.

Will attempt to remember where I was going with my char and finish him off at some point this weekend.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
Oh jeez I totally forgot about this, stupid dissertation getting in the way of things.

Will attempt to remember where I was going with my char and finish him off at some point this weekend.
That will work. Donít think we will get 4 applications this weekend but if we do Iíll allow for you to finish your app.