RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 21st, 2019, 05:10 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Some of us, unlike Djek, never learn. I wrote up a PC interaction thing like Troy's, but then I needed Wordpad for my DMing, so I copied the interactions into a window to save for later. Then I 'needed' that window for... who knows what. Anyway, that's another two days (parts of, really) into the ether.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 05:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Some of us, unlike Djek, never learn. I wrote up a PC interaction thing like Troy's, but then I needed Wordpad for my DMing, so I copied the interactions into a window to save for later. Then I 'needed' that window for... who knows what. Anyway, that's another two days (parts of, really) into the ether.
Ouch... You could do stuff in your CS private thread and save it bit by bit. I do that with game posts sometimes and all of my character apps.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 06:31 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I know. This one was totally user error. I just never hit submit before using the window to go research something stupid like "What colour would that particular dragon's eyes be canonically?" You know, the dragon in the BBG's father's first girlfriend's background that's never explicitly mentioned in game.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 07:58 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Post Edited:
  • PC Interactions Added
  • Sorry Drachenspirit!Class Changed
  • Photo Updated to Reflect Class/Race Change
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 08:05 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 408
Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis
Evandis Shieldheart
right-aligned image

Name: Evandis Shieldheart
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Paladin of Tyr
Alignment: Lawful Good

Appearance: Human male of 23 years. He stands at 6' 2" tall and weighs 195 lbs. with an athletic build. He has flowing auburn red hair with orange highlights, green eyes with a large scar over his left eye that he is very self-conscious about. His family has routinely adorned armor with black, red and gold mixed throughout and his armor is no exception. He carries a sword and shield passed down through generations and forged by a legendary blacksmith lost to time.

Background: Noble, Knight Variant
Personality Traits: The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity. Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal: Responsibility: It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine.
Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.
Flaw: I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Character History & Motivations:

Evandis Shieldheart was born to parents who are members of a lesser noble family. His father was previously a knight for a time and has since taken up the lawyer profession due to being a devote follower of Tyr. His mother, who has never been satisfied with her lot in life, has always been scheming to find new ways to elevate her families prominence within the royal court.

From a very young age Evandis began training to follow in his father's footsteps as a knight. His father was constantly preaching to him the importance of justice and the philosophy of Tyr. As his martial prowess continued to grow his father used his political sway and noble status to enroll him into the Church where he would be trained as one one of Tyr's elite, to take on the mantle of Paladin in the name of justice.

As Evandis grew into a teenage boy, friends of his mother would remark to her on how exceedingly handsome he was and that any girl would be smitten to be his wife. The cogs began to turn in her mind and as her husband tried criminals while Evandis focused on his training and education, she began to shop him around as a potential suitor to the daughters of the other, more powerful noble houses. By the time he was 16 she had him betrothed to the first born daughter of a Lord widely known to have the ear of the king. She was a pretty girl and many other boys would be ecstatic to have her hand, but in Evandis' heart he knew they were not meant to be. She was more concerned with her image and desire to be popular. She had no concern for the law as her families wealth could buy her amnesty from almost any situation that her and her friends found themselves in and this troubled Evandis deeply. Nevertheless, he was promised to her against his will and he had little recourse.

At the age of 18, Evandis finished his Church training and was officially ordained into the order of Tyr's Paladins. As is tradition he spent the next year as a member of the town guard. On one evening, as he returned from patrol, he came across a couple of drunks attacking a peasant woman. Evandis jumped into action and made quick work of the vagabonds. As they ran off to lick their wounds he came face to face with the woman he just defended, their eyes met and Evandis could feel the immediate draw of her. Her name was Alexika and she was the daughter of a farmer who, through a series of troublesome events, had lost their family farm and home. Evandis and Alexika would quickly forge a friendship, and he would check on her every day to provide succor and coin whenever her pride wouldn't get in the way.

As their friendship blossomed it bore a new fruit, romance, and they would often both meet up at night to carry out their torrid affair. Evandis felt incomplete when he was not in her presence and finally knew what true love was. They shared many ideals, despite her lot in life, and her pride refused to allow her to sink to the levels of thievery, even in the face of extreme hunger. Evandis could no longer bear the idea of marrying anyone other than Alexika, or her continuing to live such a downtrodden life when he was well within the means to provide for her. On one quiet evening they made way for the neighboring town, and despite being engaged to the Lord's daughter, he eloped with Alexika, promising his heart and blade to her. He put her up in the new town and would visit her as often as possible. He took every precaution to ensure she knew not of his pledged marriage to the noble's daughter, or that his family knew of him breaking that pledge.

His mother relentlessly pressured him into choosing a date to wed. As each day passed the pressure grew, and the weight of the situation pulled him further and further into despair. On one visit to the neighboring town he came across an opportunity to join a traveling band of adventurers to do bidding in distant lands. He went to Alexika and confessed all before her and begged her to come with him on this journey so that they can always be together. She knew she had little choice if she wished to be with the man she loved and she eagerly agreed. Evandis sent word to his family to tell them that duty calls and he would not be home anytime soon. His mother was livid that he did so before marrying the Lord's daughter, but the longer he could stay away from his hometown, the longer he could run from the consequences of his actions.

He ventured far and fought alongside his brave companions, quelling insurrections, exposing villainy and being the hero the common folk needed. All the while Alexika has followed him, consoled him, bandaged his wounds, and fixed him when he was broken. Now they stand on the eve of their next adventure, to bring justice to this false harbinger who weighs the crimes a man has not yet committed and denies that man the opportunity to choose his own destiny. The outrage of not letting a person forge their own course and choose the lawful, righteous path over the wicked, did not sit right with Evandis.

Tyr will have nothing of it and he commands Evandis to restore and carry out true justice.

Last edited by Evandis; Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Editing grammar and awkward passages.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 08:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Post Edited:
  • PC Interactions Added
  • Sorry Drachenspirit!Class Changed
  • Photo Updated to Reflect Class/Race Change
List updated to reflect class change.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 08:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
@Evandis

Great app! Added you to the main list.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 09:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I’m accepting 3 more applications and then we are closing this out.

At the rate we have been receiving apps there’s definitely a possibility we will be closing out this week. With that in mind please consider the following:

1) If your app is still in progress please finish it up ASAP. Once we close out it will be considered in its current state. Also if there’s stuff you want to change to your app now is the time to make those changes.

2) If there’s somebody you definitely want to play with please let me know here. This will have ZERO impact on deciding whether you both (or all if more than 2) get in. However, if you are all accepted I will definitely try my best to accommodate your request. No guarantees. I’m not looking for the perfectly optimized party but I’m also not looking to make a party of 6 casters either lol.

3) If you have never played on this site and you would like to submit a sample roleplay post feel free to do so. This is not required. If I really like your character you will get in regardless. However, it could help your case if it’s close. Please do not do a sample post if you’ve played here already. I’ve already looked at your posts. Also DO NOT ROLL dice in your post. I don’t remember why but I was told it was bad so don’t do it.

4) Reminder, this is a one post per week minimum game. I’m posting after 7 days whether you’ve posted or not and if you miss two weeks with no explanation you will be replaced.

5) Finally, if you can no longer play feel free to withdraw. No hard feelings. I already have more applicants than I can accommodate so if you can’t play or don’t want to play anymore I would love to give that spot to someone else.

Thank you for your interest! I am really excited to host this game for you!

Last edited by TomBombadil; Jul 21st, 2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 09:11 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
I really want to be in the same group as tomplum.

Old Jul 21st, 2019, 09:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I really want to be in the same group as tomplum.
He withdrew so unfortunately I wonít be able to accommodate that.

Old Jul 21st, 2019, 09:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
He withdrew so unfortunately I won’t be able to accommodate that.
I think I am still a bit road worthy and "punchdrunk" as they say because I find this funny for some reason. I actually laughed out loud. Like Mal said after telling Simon Kaylee had died, "I'm a mean man."
Makes me wonder if Numen was joking.
I do not mean to offend, so all apologies. Too funny.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jul 21st, 2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 09:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
I think I am still a bit road worthy and "punchdrunk" as they say because I find this funny for some reason. I actually laughed out loud. Like Mal said after telling Simon Kaylee had died, "I'm a mean man."
Makes me wonder if Numen was joking.
I do not mean to offend, so all apologies. Too funny.
Oh Iím almost sure he was joking he commented on the post that he withdrew lol
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 09:50 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 10:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
2) If thereís somebody you definitely want to play with please let me know here. This will have ZERO impact on deciding whether you both (or all if more than 2) get in. However, if you are all accepted I will definitely try my best to accommodate your request. No guarantees. Iím not looking for the perfectly optimized party but Iím also not looking to make a party of 6 casters either lol.
I've already put a bit of thought into this character-wise. I even made a list of what I thought would be a good party for Lash when I was writing up possible interactions. I'm not sure how I came to the decisions that I did, though. Looking through all the applications now, it's hard to narrow the field down to 5 other characters. Especially with all the little bits that people have added. A full party list is way more than what's being asked but... Here's what I have, anyway:

Iefyr - Osse - Fighter
Anders - Treble83 - Rogue
Aliuvial - Drachenspirit - Wizard
Telamnine - Shutteredskies- Druid
Mairien - Jhesssail - Sorcerer
Lash - Me! - Paladin

Again, I realize a full party list isn't really what's being asked for. I already had one, though, and it would be interesting to hear what everyone else's thoughts are.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 11:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I like a challenge, especially the challenge of RPing with other players characters as it forces me to reveal and more fully flesh out my own character - really make me think about what makes them tick. So, character wise, I could make a list of those that Aliuvial would get along with or prefer to be in a group with, but since when does one get to pick who one works with. And that's... half the fun, if not more.
One thing that does intrigue me is that if Mairien's Sorcerer gets in with Aliuvial, they'd have some interesting conversations about Ye old' order of magists that they were "asked" to leave nicely.

Numen Wraith, I like your character's take on Aliuvial, especially how he thinks that she lacks confidence.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jul 21st, 2019 at 11:26 PM.