RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 18th, 2020, 12:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Feedback is always appreciated; it gives each of us more of a window into what you seek and what the world and its challenges might be. If you have the time, I would appreciate your thoughts as well JaredSyn.
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6646
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn

Old May 19th, 2020, 01:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1621
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
left-aligned image
Name: Durenal "Ren" Coppervein
Race: Hill Dwarf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Bard (Valor)

Description: Dirty Blonde hair is slicked back away from his chubby face; though it is unclear where on the ship he continues to find the fat to keep it so pristine. Ren would call himself "portly" but that is generous. He wears a fine set of clothing, obviously custom made to fit his specific body dimensions. By all appearances, he portrays the air of a confident, well to do merchant trader.

Personality: Jovial, and constantly smiling, Ren's dear mother would call him "a happy-go-lucky schmuck." Constantly out looking for fun ways to spend his coin, even when it's not currently in his possession, he enjoys fine wine, fine clothing, fine music; and while he can't always guarantee the first two, he is constantly ready to provide the party.

-X-X-X-X-
Charlatan
Trait #1Sarcasm and Insults are my weapons of choice....that and a nice rapier.
Trait #2 I LOVE a good insult, even if it's directed at me...
IdealThe stories, songs, and legends, of the past must never be forgotten.
Bond I sold my soul for my music, I hope my great deeds can win it back.
Flaw I'm always in debt. I spend coin on desires faster than I can bring it in.

Background: A Tale in Three Parts

Roleplay Section:
Ren's fingers hurt, he didn't know if it was possible to pull finger muscles, but his hands told him that it likely was. Aidan's stern expression, and watchful eyes ran over the stout Dwarf. Who was sitting idly on a stool, and propping up his instrument against his gut. "Come now Ren, if you want to be able to earn fame and fortunes, you'll have to learn to play for longer than 10 minutes before cramping." Walking over to the Dwarf, and taking one hand in his own, Aidan applied hard pressure to the meat of Ren's palm, rubbing briskly towards his fingers. After a few seconds, and to the Dwarf's great surprise; the pain had diminished, even if only slightly.

"Maybe you should teach me that trick, instead of forcing me to run scales for unending hours, Master?" Rend muttered quietly to himself, but unfortunately not quietly enough for the Elven ears to miss "I'll teach you that, and much more, but only once you have earned it, don't run when you haven't mastered walking yet, you stubborn Dwarf" Aidan's tone was gentle, caring, but with a steel in the words that Ren knew he could not break. He would gain nothing, no knowledge, no advantaged position, from continuing this interaction. "No, I think you've taught me everything you can today. I appreciate your time, but I want to learn more, and you don't see that I can already run." Ren pulled his hand free of his Half-Elven mentor, and turned to leave. "I don't think you've heard, but there's a new power in town, and I've got something to show the world"

Last edited by Alemar; May 21st, 2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: I think I'm finished :)
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:06 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1807
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
A dark and gritty water based game with some lovely realism? Count me in! I'll get a character made up later today. Not sure about race yet, but I know I'll be making a Lurker in the Deep Warlock if that's alright with you. I've wanted to play one since they came out and this seems like a good chance.

Speaking of race, I should ask this to help me decide. Drow? Yay or nay?
Old May 20th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
@colorsoftheheart
Quote:
Speaking of race, I should ask this to help me decide. Drow? Yay or nay? I am fine with Drow since they are PH.
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:06 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9787
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
My application has been updated and submitted. Any feedback is welcome!
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Shaede
You can pick a location of the map in the first post.
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 529
swangrace swangrace swangrace swangrace swangrace swangrace
@JaredSyn my application is complete and open for feedback.
Old May 21st, 2020, 04:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3220
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
@JaredSyn, Just curious... How common are monstrous races in this game? Also, considering my character submission is a Bugbear, where on this map would his homeland have been? I don't want to assume anything about a map/world that another DM has created.
Old May 21st, 2020, 04:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Reliq0770
Lets say up near Fartown. There are many different monstrous races so it is not uncommon to see unusual travelers. Porta being a massive port you can see a multitude of different races.
Old May 21st, 2020, 04:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3220
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Sweet, Thanks!
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
All the apps look good thanks to everyone for the obvious effort another week or so and I will be selecting the party.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:21 AM
Gone Drinkin'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13585
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
right-aligned image

Name: Clio
Race: Merfolk (Plane Shift Zendikar)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Warlock - Celestial

Description
Standing as short as an Elf and weighing even less, Clio's small frame is clearly humanoid but just distinct enough to not allow her to pass without notice. A paled "underbelly" quickly deepens into a light greenish-blue befitting the seas of which she comes. With webbed hands and feet, long fins extend off the woman's forearms and calves, allowing her to glide through the water as easily as a fish. What some would consider "hair" is the deepest of the green-blue hue across her form. Unlike that of other humanoids, Clio's is much more like thin, wavy seaweed that always seems to be heavy with dampness. Instead of drying, it tends to get slimy and produce a pungent 'fishy' smell. Merfolk aren't the greatest bunkmates when away from the water for too long.

Personality
Curiosity and Enjoyment - those are two major things that drive Clio. Unlike many of those back home that believed the surface to be filled with dangerous savages that only sought to destroy, the Merfolk Warlock's wanderlust brought her to within their realm. Clio's always there to ask a question or to pick up and examine anything and everything that isn't fastened down, much to the chagrin of others. Looking far more fearsome than she really is, those that give the woman a chance soon discover she has very few limits in regards to what she'll do to amuse herself. Practical jokes aren't always done in the best of circumstances and give others the idea that she's not as dedicated as some think she should be. When it comes down to it, though, Clio is Merfolk, and you don't grow up without having to learn how to fight and survive their deadly rivals; the Sahuagin.

Background Selection: Far Traveler
Personality Traits
*Clio doesn't understand why surface dwellers eat what they do. It's always so dry and smelly. She's gotten better about not openly cringing and gagging when others eat around her. She does tend to cause that reaction in others, though...
*Due in part to her curiosity, Clio will often pick up and fidget with small objects she finds interesting in some way. Sometimes she pockets these items. Sometimes she breaks them. Sometimes she doesn't cause any trouble, but those days are very few and far between.
Ideal: Adventure - With home no longer being an option, Clio decided to "Carp-e diem" and try to embrace the exciting, new world she found herself in. She finds it (mostly) awesome.
Bond: She's not sure how, but one day Clio will find a way to go home again. She heard of this 'Special Trident', but she's not counting her pearls before she's coaxed her oysters.
Flaw: If there's a plan, Clio will have forgotten that there was ever a need for a plan to begin with. She feels 'plans' are for those that can't enjoy the adrenaline rush gained when everything that can go wrong, does.

OOC: Basically rewrote a good portion of her from what she was when I first inquired about her (race). If you have any issues or other notes, please don't hesitate to send them my way.

Last edited by Saratek; May 24th, 2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Few more days and applications will be halted and a party of 5 will be selected. Thanks to everyone for the great applications. You can still make changes if you like prior to cutoff date I just request you let me know.
Old May 26th, 2020, 12:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1621
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Thank you JaredSyn, for throwing together a cool game concept. I know it's going to be a big descision for you, and I'm looking forward to seeing how turns out either way.