DnD5e Seas of Fortune - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 13th, 2020, 01:20 AM
Juvenile Delinquent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 268
Sorry Sorry Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
I would allow a tortle since I have the book.
Thank you! I don't think I have the time to commit for another game though, so I won't be applying, sadly. All the best!
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 10:59 AM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6625
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Pirate adventure?
I threw up a pirate game myself but I would really like to be a player, as well.
Muskets and pistols?
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6646
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Sticking more to swords and such but if it is in the published D&D material i will accept it
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Seafaring Savage:
right-aligned image

Name: Svernhald Erikson
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Barbarian (Berserker)
Description:Svernhald is a monster of a man, nearing seven feet tall and a body made of corded muscles from years aboard a ship of one kind or another. His face is framed by a set of muttonchops that run along his jawbones and his long blonde hair that is often unwashed is usually tied back in a ponytail. He wears a rugged and worn hide tunic and loincloth that are only kept together by the thick leather belt at his waist and the leather baldric strap that crosses his muscled chest. He wears calf-high hide boots tied about with gut string upon his bared legs. His only weapons seem to be a wicked looking dagger tucked into the thick belt and the large, six foot long greatsword that hangs across his back.

Personality: Svern was once a hot-tempered lad, raiding and sailing was literally all he knew and it was enough for him. He was tempered by several years bound to an oar upon a ship not of his choosing. He despises being below deck on a ship and sleeps with the sky over his head when he can. He eats voraciously and drinks without stopping, a trait he gained as a young man in the galley of his father's ship. He is hearty, hale and boisterous when happy and tends to let his emotions get the better of him, often guiding him to make rash decisions. He flings himself in battle with abandon, seeking the glory he lost when he was captured and turned into a slave. After losing his clan, he values those that fight beside him and would die to protect any one of them.

Backstory: Svern was born in the Gorge, literally amidst battle upon his father's vessel. Most are born to mother's milk but Svern's first taste of the world was his mother's blood. Svern's father raised him as a warrior would, tough and unrelenting, always pushing his son to go farther and harder than the other youth. When his trial of manhood came, upon his twelfth summer, he dove deeper than the other boys to the bottom of the deepest chasm in the Gorge and retrieved twice as many gold coins from a sunken ship as the eldest boy among them. By the time Svern reached his fifteenth summer, he could sail confidently around the Gorge on his one person boat without getting lost or capsized, spending days on his own out on the water. By the time Svern reached his eighteenth summer, he was called for a raid on Hadoc and he was ready, having learned how to temper his rage in battle and steer the tip his greatsword with deadly accuracy. He killed many a city-dweller in the streets of Hadoc and came home laden with treasure and boasting of great glory in battle.

It was nearly another season that the tribal elders called another raid, this time on Zant and eagerly, Svern answered the call. In the city of Zant, Svern and his clan met the Zant's paltry military might and spilled their blood upon the cobblestones. It was the first time that Svern had fought organized soldiers but he had done well. He returned home a hero alongside his tribe, adding the treasure to the coffers which had grown quite large. That night, he celebrated upon his father's ship and for the first time, he could not drink his fill for something inside him still felt empty, despite all his glory and claim to wealth and women. He wanted more, he wanted to see the world and to feel new lands under his boots. The next day, he took what men he could muster, even having talked his father into a wild venture and set off for Boki island. A Svern and his crew sailed towards Boki island with intent to sail around the outskirts and find out what was there for the sake of exploration more than anything else Svern spotted a ship off the starboard side flying a flag of Zant and another off the port side flying a Hadoc flag. Svern, in an effort to impress his father and confident that he could win against organized soldiers, especially with his crew he proposed landing on the inside of the Boki Island crescent and facing the combined might of Hadoc and Zant, bringing great glory to the tribe. Upon landing, they were able to dig in on the beach before the two ships made the banks but the soldiers were too well trained and knew the ferocity of the tribal warriors, attacking in waves until Svern's crew was all but exhausted. As his clanmates were slain, one by one, Svern was the last standing and his reward was captivity.

For several years, Svern pulled an oar upon a Hadoc ship until he was sold onto another ship belonging to the Chaoc navy. As a slave upon this Chaoc ship, Svern saw many lands or at least, their ports, finally being sold off in Porta to an open slave market. Svern was purchased by a self-righteous noble woman who saw slavery as an abhorrent trade and was willing to throw her money away on slaves with the intent to free them. Thus, Svernhald was free but with his tribe gone along with any of his clan's treasure. He met a Dwarven captain and his luck began to turn. He would have money and the chance to explore, he would regain his clan's glory and see that they passed into legend.

Background Selection: Seafaring Outlander (Tribal Marauder)
Personality Traits:
-I enjoy sailing into new ports and making new friends over a flagon of ale.
-I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal:
-Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan. (Any)
Bond:
- I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaw:
-Once I start drinking, it’s hard for me to stop.

Roleplaying Sample:
Svernhald sat down at his father's table and grabbed a nearby mug, lifting it to his lips and drained it with long gulps. As he slammed the cup down, he grabbed his father's arm and pulled it into a wrestling match, man-to-man, "Father, Let us sail to Boki Island!" he yelled over the other boisterous members of his clan as they drank, fought and sang.

His father, Erik shook his head, holding his son's fist even between them as he lifted a mug of ale himself, "What is there, Lad, that is so important?!" He shouted back and began straining, pushing his son's fist towards the table.

"I have heard stories, Father, Terrible monsters in the mountains of Boki! What could defeat us?! We have rousted the Zants and Hadocians, Let us test out mettle against unnatural beasts that are stronger than men!" he pushed back against his father, bringing the clasped fists back between them.

Erik struggled against his son, obviously mulling over his son's ambitious proposal, until his son pushed the older man's hand to the table, winning the match. As Erik gripped his forearm in defeat he nodded, "Very well, Svernhald, You have shown your mettle in battle. We'll shall go to Boki!" and with that, a cheer went up across the deck. A cheer that drowned out everything else as the torchlit night faded and Svern awoke from the dream. That moment that had changed the course of his life forever.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Nov 15th, 2020 at 07:19 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 07:20 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Alright! I apologize for the tease of about seven different characters but I think I settled on one! I hope you were looking for a fighter.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
oldMonk17 oldMonk17
Hey assuming that this is still open, I'm putting in my app.

Application: Bishop Barzan
right-aligned image
Name: Bishop Barzan

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Class: Barbarian (Berserker)

Description: Standing 6'4'' tall and weighing about 240 pounds, Bishop Barzan is an imposing human. His face, gear and the way he carries himself tells the viewer that he is a battle-hardened, violent, no-nonsense kind of person. His facial scars, especially the slash mark on his face, are evidence of his battles, abuse and a rugged lifestyle. His eyes have an uncommon azure hue and are unflinching in their gaze. Since childhood, Bishop's eyes have always conveyed his strong and resolute nature, to the uninitiated, they seem sceptical and imposing but to people who know him, they speak of a man who is fiercely loyal and committed to what or who he believes in. The tied long blonde hair, shaved right side scalp and a full beard complete his menacing look. Bishop wears hide armour made from some dark-coloured animal skin that has a dark reddish hue because of repeated blood stains, this is also the reason for his damp bloody odour.

Personality: Bishop Barzan is a battle-hungry, bloodthirsty, deranged soldier. He comes alive in a battle, almost enjoying himself as he wields his battleaxe to shred his enemies mercilessly, the bloodier the battle the more animated he gets. For the on-looker this looks like the madness of some kind but for Bishop this his moment of peace as he conquers his fear, proving to himself that he has no fear. Bishop is not keen to make new friends or invest in creating relationships as he is inherently sceptical about commitments made by unfamiliar people. As a result, he may be curt and sound disrespectful at times but he is aware that people don't like him or are intimidated by him, so when he does speak his mind he chooses his moments carefully. But those few have seen past Bishop Barzan's barbarity and have upheld their commitment to him in testing times have been rewarded with a fierce loyalty that transcends ordinary brotherhood and is more in the form of a familial bond. Having deserted those whom he called kin, Bishop holds very dear the few who have forged friendships with him. While his interactions with people are generally rocky, he enjoys the company of children and infantile creatures. He believes children are innocent and must be treated with care so that they never see days as he had as a child. His deranged nature not only manifests in battle but also when he talks to his battleaxe, who he considers is an animate object, a child under his care. Bishop addresses his battleaxe with great affection as Master Elijah and believes it his duty to feed Master Elijah with the blood of his enemies. During long periods away from fighting, Bishop is seen consoling Master Elijah for the blood draught and sometimes even offers up his blood as a compensatory meal. Most would not call Bishop Barzan a happy man due to his looks and demeanour but he does have moments of joy when he lights up and releases his emotions vividly, fights are usually central to such episodes but drunken bar brawls are his most prized means of entertainment. A strong drink, some sweet chin music and some women to cheer him on is a night well spent for Bishop.

Background Selection: Soldier

Personality Trait: 1) I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success. | 2) I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.

Ideals: Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.

Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives, and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.

Old Nov 17th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Few more days and i will be choosing.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6209
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
ApplicationName: Mariana
Image:
right-aligned image

Race: Half Elf
Alignment: NG
Class: Oath of the Open Seas, eventuallyPaladin
Description: Blessed with her father's raven features and her mother's lithe build, Mariana carries herself in a way that belies her strength. Her sheer force of persona gathers attention any time she enters a room.
Personality: Mariana holds a still confidence that welcomes approach. Her gentle countenance regards people without giving away any sign of judgement.
Background:
Mariana grew up on the sleepy coast south of Ghaoc, raised by an abalone fisher and a religious scholar. Her father, the fisher, taught her to respect the ocean. Her mother, the scholar, taught her to revere knowledge. Between the two, they produced a daughter that studied all manner of aquatic life and phenomenon.

Diving with her father on repeated trips to the reefs, she was fascinated with the play of light on the ecosystem below the waves, but she lacked her father's ability to remain among the reefs seemingly perpetually. Seeing the animals in action filled her with joy, but she struggled to say submerged in the claustrophobic environment. Returning to the surface, she found herself paradoxically breathless.

Accompanying her mother on several pilgrimages to libraries in larger cities, Mariana grew to love the stuffy confines of the stacks. While happy to assist her mother in her theoretical research on the effects of divinity on the faithful, the subject matter never grabbed her. Whenever possible, she snuck away to while away the time in the sections on nature and climate. She loved the learning, but she always felt most at home on the ship rides home.

There was something about the sensation of floating on the waves that always called to her. She found herself tugged between the worlds of her parents without ever fully joining either. It was coming time for her to make her way in life, but she didn't know where to turn. She was... adrift.

After returning from a research trip with her mother, they found her father missing. They talked to the neighbours, but due to the remoteness, no one had heard or seen anything. There were no clues in the house or anywhere on the shore, Mariana dove to the bottom of the reef, burning her lungs with the effort.

There she found his blade and satchel tangled in the coral. Mere feet away, an entrance to a cavern yawned over a vacuous space. She hadn't the breath to explore further, and she shot to the surface with unintended urgency. Blacked out on the surface, she was rescued by her mother, and spent a week convalescing.

By time she recovered enough to return, the cavern was gone.

Years later, she received a letter from one of the librarians that had helped her in her studies. The letter ended in a question that shattered her mind.
Background Selection: Sage
Personality Traits:
Iím willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
Thereís nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal:
Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bond:
Iíve been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain Included in equipment from Sage Background:

"A letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer"
question.
Flaw:
I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.
Roleplaying Sample:

Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 05:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks to all for the interest I made a selection and notified the winner by PM. If you would like to lurk and a spot opens up I will post here should one come open.