Other MonsterHearts 2: Age of Uncertainty - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 8th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5280
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Base idea of what I'm going for. Thoughts?

Application
left-aligned image

Name: Lwando Manda

Skin: Werewolf

Origin: Awoken

Backstory: There are only a handful of people in life who are truly allowed experience a deeply life changing event so early in their lives. And even among those blessed few, it is rare for one to find such clarity of purpose in a bloody fist.

Lwando had started out as a sweet boy, eager to please and always ready to have a bit of fun. His devil-may-care attitude and straightforward personality won him a fair number of friends, and it pleased his parents to have such a dutiful son. What nobody understood, least of all the bright eyed boy, was that this rambunctious energy was merely an outlet for a feeling he was not yet ready to understand, a conduit for an intensity he could not help but express to the world both in spite of and constrained by the laws and morals he had been raised to adhere to. Whatever he did with this energy, it was never enough. And so, even as the risks he took grew grander and more worrisome, as his desire to connect with others grew more intense, too intense for many, as his wild nature made him grow from the life of the party to a walking maelstrom of mayhem, it was clear that an intervention would be necessary. Lwando disagreed, and the person closest to him in his life, his little brother, was in denial, still clinging on to the memory of the sweet, harmless young man who just wanted to live life to the fullest, and refusing to speak a word against someone to whom loyalty meant absolutely everything.

Except when Lwando went on to beat the group of boys who had been bullying the younger sibling half to death, the seriousness of the change became very real.

And even despite the house arrest, the loss of any goodwill from his parents, the wary looks of the student body, and worst of all, his brother's abandonment, there was not a single shred of regret. Family looked out for one another, right? And besides, the ferocity he had channeled on that night, the satisfaction of showing them their place when they only pretended at strength, the satisfaction of finally freeing this nebulous thing which had cried so long for release. It made everything that was to come completely worth it, and he knew from that moment forward that his true satisfaction would come from shirking others' expectations and feeding that instinct.

Old Oct 8th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13605
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Hi Crocodile. Wow! Lwando is quite scary. Is he redeemable at all? It seems odd to me that he could be a "maelstrom of mayhem" and then be back in school. Not having any regret tends to upset people, especially those in authority.
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 06:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
His problem is that, in his mind, nobody he really cares about has actually gotten hurt yet. Ultimately, he did what he did to protect somebody he cares about, even if that person is being entirely ungrateful. And he is perfectly capable of lying through his teeth, signing a few apology letters, doing community service, and adhering to a few restraining orders after a few months of home schooling and house arrest. This will only teach him that he needs to be a bit more mindful of the possibility of being leashed, especially since authority figures will be keeping an extra eye on him. It will warrant a bit of extra caution in playing the role of being rehabilitated, but that's only for the sake of the official documents.

He's also now more in tune with who he thinks he is as a person, or at least the possibilities of the darker side of himself. Although I'll admit 'maelstrom of mayhem' was a tad overdramatic, the main point I wanted to get across was that he was acting out because he was full of something and was becoming more and more desperate to let it out. So while he'll still be more prone to riskier behavior than others, he won't just be mindlessly lashing out. But he will want to step in against people he deems to be a problem, full of an absolute self-assurance that is totally warranted and in no way will shatter the moment something doesn't go as planned.

He's still all about living his best life, having a good time and making sure others have a good time. There's just an extra layer of 'or else' added on to that, muzzled by the fact that he doesn't want to just end up in actual jail next time around. Though the fact that his parents are pissed at him and his brother mostly avoids him these days is frustrating, especially when he feels they can't understand his need to cut loose and truly be himself.

Last edited by Crocodile; Oct 8th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 07:39 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
All right. That second write-up reads better.

What are Lwando's goals?
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
1. Reconnect with his family: Bonds and relationships are important to Lwando. He doesn't feel guilty about what he did, but he wishes to do something about the strain he's placed on his familial connection. Especially with his ungrateful little brother.

2. Gather more like-minded (or gifted) individuals: Lwando is absolutely convinced he can't be alone in the world, and if he can find others who share his mindset or those who also harbor a less than figurative dark side, he will take that as proof that the sum of his life experiences cannot simply be dismissed as some cosmic fluke. And then if he could gather enough of them, then there was no telling just how much fun they could cook up together.

3. Mastery of gifts: Ever since the first night he went wild, Lwando has been fascinated with his capabilities, and is eager to see just how far he can push himself now that he's finally found the release he's desired for so long. He wants to tap into this more, to feed it, until he feels he has reached his full potential.

4. Acceptance: Even before his little incident with the bullies, people had found Lwando's intensity to be off putting, so much so that despite the young man being a fun loving beacon of positivity, he tended to push people away. Though Lwando would never admit that he wants this, he would like to be able to stay true to himself and still find acceptance among his peers.
Old Oct 10th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Crocodile. Sorry for the delay. Friday evenings are reserved for social activities so I don't get online then.

Anyway, I think that Lwando is starting to take shape. Feel free to go to the game thread and post your character. We'll work on completing the mechanical stuff and integrating your character, working out the connections and strings and such. I want to make sure that you understand that there's no overriding plot to the game. You and your character need to take an active role in pursuing their own goals and interacting with others. The posting rate is a minimum of every other day.
Old Oct 10th, 2020, 07:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Completely understood. Thank you for having me, and I'm looking forward to getting into the swing of things.
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Applications closed.
Old Nov 7th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Calling all players!

Hello gamers. Time to get your teen drama on! We have 2 openings for players, so check out the game and channel your teenage dreams.

Please be aware that players need to be prepared for:
  • The posting rate for the game is a minimum of every other day, to keep things moving along.
  • The story is based off of your characters, their goals, and what they do to achieve them. Be proactive!
  • Your character being a monster is allegorical as well as actual. You pass for Human and showing your monster side leads to big trouble. Be prepared to be a teenager in high school most of the time.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Bumping this.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 12:13 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4403
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
What archetypes are taken?
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anael View Post
What archetypes are taken?
We currently have the Hollow, Queen, and Werewolf.

I'm restricting the game to the skins that are listed in the printed book.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4403
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Ok let me work something up Iím out of town today so hopefully tomorrow afternoon or evening Iíll have it done.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
HexCursed
Well, ya! I'm interested.

Okay! Okay! I was skimming this site to see what it had to offer and there's actually a monster hearts game here? I'm shocked, impressed, and delighted. So, the site has labeled me a 'new player' but I've been on other sites and played forum games before, so I'm not that new to all of this. But it looks like it takes 48 hours for the site to anoint me as officially 'not new', whatever that means exactly. I hope it doesn't decide that I can't make this post.

Anyway, I'm been scoping out your game and I'd really like to join. However, if you'll permit me... then I'd like to play an already established side character and turn them into a full-fledge PC. I like both Hollie Carson and Jennifer Alder. Can you tell me a little more about them - like, I assume they've had some interactions with other characters and what'not. And, naturally, would that be okay for me to play one of them?

Okay, I'm going to go now. See you soon!
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 10:18 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Anael: I look forward to see what you come up with.

HexCursed: Thank you for the interest and enthusiasm. I don't see why a side character can't be adopted as a main character. Though, of your 2 picks, I'd say that Hollie is probably a better one because Jenny is in our Queen's clique - which is typically a position reserved for side characters. You'd end up playing second fiddle to Brittany or not really being a member of her clique (if you went your own way).

And yes, Hollie has had some interactions with other characters at this point. I can understand not wanting to read the entirety of the game threads. In summary, she's done the following:
  • Hollie is the leader of a loose group of semi-pretty smart girls including Audrey, Laura, and Valerie, but she's no Queen.
  • She's doing yearbook. So far, she's done a few interviews and taken a few pictures.
  • She was shut down by Brittany, resulting in a string for Brittany.
  • She joined in (with Audrey) defending a shy girl named Lacey against Diego, who they labeled as being misogynist.
  • While Diego was a main character, his backstory included a love triangle with Hollie and Valerie during their freshman year. In short, Diego left Hollie for Valerie. But that's optional, given that Diego is now a side character.

Last edited by girlplay; Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:23 AM.