Other [Lancer] Code Geass: Ronin of the Rebellion - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Aug 24th, 2020, 12:15 AM
Down & Dirty Dragoonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7579
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
If nobody wants to make the switch, Kenji could join up with the Britannians. I'd change his background as they already have a mechanic and maybe make his Mother Britannian instead of French. His motivation would remain the same, his brother became a pilot so he's going to protect him.

Last edited by AnotherDragoon; Aug 24th, 2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 07:34 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 390
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
I don't mind switching to fill the gap. I've got a few ideas for a Britannian guy, I won't go as a hacker to avoid doubling up with Crimson
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 08:01 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6778
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Alright, looks like Preacherwolf is the frontrunner to be an Honourary Brittanian. The Ronin applicants may begin hurling their rotten tomatoes at the turncoat.
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 08:37 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 390
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
What can I say? Rule Britannia
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41
techRomancer
For my part it wouldn't take much to rewrite Charisma as an idealist trying to minimize the fallout of conflict with violent rebels who care little about collateral damage or civilian casualties. She'd acknowledge the Empire's flaws and chastise its more extremist authority figures, while working on positive change from within the system, still believing in core Imperial values and global goals. Maybe she thinks Britannia has just lost its way a little in pursuing those goals, a ship that needs to be righted rather than burned down and rebuilt from scratch.

Last edited by techRomancer; Aug 24th, 2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16020
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Wow. A mech game, and I somehow missed it. I see that midnight is the deadline. Hmm. I could get something up for an App, but I'd be 100% a newb in this genre/system.
If it looks like it's full up, I'll pass and just be a lurker.
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 07:20 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
That is a wrap for this recruitment drive! I'll formally post the team lists later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techRomancer View Post
For my part it wouldn't take much to rewrite Charisma as an idealist trying to minimize the fallout of conflict with violent rebels who care little about collateral damage or civilian casualties. She'd acknowledge the Empire's flaws and chastise its more extremist authority figures, while working on positive change from within the system, still believing in core Imperial values and global goals. Maybe she thinks Britannia has just lost its way a little in pursuing those goals, a ship that needs to be righted rather than burned down and rebuilt from scratch.
I appreciate that, although Preacher's already been messaging me with their ideas so I think we're good as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Wow. A mech game, and I somehow missed it. I see that midnight is the deadline. Hmm. I could get something up for an App, but I'd be 100% a newb in this genre/system.
If it looks like it's full up, I'll pass and just be a lurker.
I do currently have the apps for full teams and we're officially past the deadline, but I'm happy to keep any app you submit as a reserve listing for if we lose players. (And I'm assuming everyone here is new to Lancer, so don't let that stop you!)
Old Aug 24th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I appreciate that HotsuSama. I'll work on getting something up for the reserve list should someone drop out.
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 08:47 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
In reviewing the applications, it's apparent that Crimson hasn't signed on for a couple of weeks. So there's still an open spot in the Britannian team after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techRomancer View Post
Sorry to flip-flop on you tech, but if you still wanted to switch Risma over, then as it turns out the opportunity still exists.
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 08:56 AM
Adult Dragon Bones

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
PSinha PSinha PSinha PSinha
That is quite unfortunate. I hope they are well in real life.

Old Aug 25th, 2020, 09:02 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSinha View Post
That is quite unfortunate. I hope they are well in real life.

I hope so too. Crimson's been a pretty regular member of the site the past few months, so I hadn't even thought to look at their login status until now.

But yeah, funny how that worked out. I won't get ahead of myself though. Let's confirm the transfer first, then we'll make it formal.
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Down & Dirty Dragoonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7579
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Now that you mention it I haven't seen Crimson in the Tug of War for a while. They're normally an unwavering upper, you could set a watch by their posts. I hope everything is ok too, Crimson is good people.
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Don't know if this means there's an open slot available now or not, but I'm putting my app up for the reserve list anyway.

Application
right-aligned image
Artist Unkown - Found on Google/pintrest
Name: Piper Williams
Callsign: Pip

Allegiance: Britannia

Appearance: Piper is a shapely young woman in her mid 20s who seems average enough upon first glance. She always wears loose fitting clothes when not on official duty to downplay her figure, something she learned over the past few years. With short dirty blonde hair, and standing 5’ 8” tall, she would just seem like another grunt if she’s with a group. That’s what she wants you to think.

Background: Spec Ops – Piper had a rough childhood, the daughter of the lowest level of factory worker, an addict, a physical abuser, and that was just her father. Her mother took off when she was very young, her father saying the woman was all manner of unspeakable things. She was fearful of her father, and by the time she started to see some of his weaknesses, he sold her to a Super soldier program – well, “she” signed up voluntarily, but that wasn’t the case.
She didn’t complete the program and instead of turning her into quick cannon fodder, her natural skills as doing things quietly and more, had her moved over to a Spec Ops unit. Here, she beat her fear of her father, though the ease and comfortable familiarity of falling in line and doing what she was told would never leave her.

Geass power: The Order of things – She can accurately identify the positions of targets within a given range and precisely calculates their probably movement trajectories based on all known variables.

Triggers:
+2 Spot

+2 Take Someone out

+2 Act unseen or unheard

+2 Assault

RP Example: She wasn't moving, and unless you got within a few feet of her you wouldn't even know she was there. She had been drinking only tea and water for the past two days to keep any raspy sounds out of her voice so she could speak at a whisper's level, but with her own soft voice.

Sam 1, Target acquired, she softly said into her comms. The operation callsign identifier had been her idea. She had seen an old cartoon many years ago about a red mustached gunslinger who seemed to be always mad, and she was sure his name was Sam. She didn't tell anyone that however.
"Roger, Sam 1. Mission parameters have changed. Disable equipment only. Repeat, disable equipment only. Call the shot."
Piper turned slightly out of reflex to let her eyes adjust as she frowned.
Take out equipment. Roger. Need imaging to confirm location within a few inches."

The response was long, almost 10 seconds. "Imaging confirms equipment is in backpack."
She swore as she noted the large backpack on a chair next to the seated man who had his back to her. Suddenly he began putting on the backpack.
"Target is preparing to move. Need imaging to confirm equipment location with a few inches. Repeat, within a few inches."
She didn't say that the man was wearing the backpack now and she might not have a clean shot, meaning she'd have to hit him to hit the equipment in his backpack. They had eyes on him as well.

Her reply was as expected. Imaging confirms equipment is in backpack. You are weapons free."

Right, she said to herself.

She noted the man adjusting the straps on the backpack and standing up. She didn't panic, she improvised.
The roller bike to the man's left was the first thing that came to her mind. The man started to walk and was a moment from dropping down the stairs into the underground.
She adjusted slightly and fired at the bike, then moved her scope back to the man with the backpack right when the round struck the tire on the bike.
The sudden whoosh of air caused the man to turn, and then she put three rounds, top to bottom, in the backpack the moment she had full profile of the man.
Feeling the tugs from the impacting rounds, the man rabbited down the stairs out of sight.

Ten seconds passed, and finally she heard, "Mission successful, equipment no longer broadcasting, imaging confirms it is destroyed. Switch to alternate Target package Yankee, confirm."
"Switching to alternate Target package Yankee, confirmed." This simply meant stand down and regroup with other operatives.
She hadn't met any of them, and she didn't know how long they had been on this op before she got on it. In fact, she didn't know what the equipment even was. It could have been a bomb, some high tech comms device, bio matter, and for that matter, it didn't matter to her.

An hour later, she walked into the safe house, a bit late, but she had to patch that tire on her bike first. Helmet on, with her backpack containing her broken down sniper weapon inside worn on her front due to the weight, she unslung it and dropped it in a chair.
One of the operatives now noticed her figure through the riding leathers.
"You're a girl? You're the one who hit the target? Gotta be you, everyone else is here.", he said.
She took the dark concealing helmet off and said, Well, I don't always shoot straight, but when I do, I hit dos eqquis." It was her play on words for how the reticle looked in her scope. It looked like a red "x" superimposed over another. She meant 'those x's', but saying two x's in Spanish sounded so much cooler.

She moved to the guy as if to shake his hand and then sucker gut punched him. He fell to his knees and she reached down to lift his chin and look him in the eye. "Please tell me I hit like a girl. Do I?"
He turned his head to one side as if to shake it negatively, and she raised an eyebrow. He stopped and then nodded 'yes', and she smiled and sat on a couch against the wall to wait for the debriefing.
When it was over, she was handed a sealed tube. She broke the seal and pulled out the transcript inside. Noting the location more than anything, she realized that while she knew about Area 11, it was really vague and only in news feeds and such. An early memory tugged at her and she thinks she may have been there on a few night ops, in and out before sunrise.
She shrugged and headed back to her own transport to get to her temp base and get her gear to follow orders.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Aug 25th, 2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 10:27 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41
techRomancer
I'm happy for Drachenspirit to take that Brit slot if you prefer! Otherwise, I can start reworking Risma.
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 06:30 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, so things have gotten a little messy with the sudden openings in the Britannian side, but now there's a way forward.

techRomancer is staying on the Ronin side.

Drachenspirit, today's your lucky day! With an opening still in the Britannian side you've got a slot in.

So, I can formally announce the teams. They've all been great applications, and a lot of your have really gotten into the spirit of the setting and the system, which is awesome. Ultimately I'm still keeping to the two four-player teams, therefore:

HOLY BRITANNIAN EMPIRE
UserNameBackground
ArjentOsian DaviesMechanic
UnderDarkLordKenichi "Ken" LandsfallSpec Ops
PreacherwolfNigel Archibald H.G.C.E Thornberry IIISoldier
DrachenspiritPiper WilliamsSpec Ops

ZERO RONIN
UserNameBackground
EmmaRaeHamato SugiWorker
PSinhaKenshi MinatoHistorian
AnotherDragoonKenji SaitoMechanic
techRomancerCharisma KnoxleyCivilian

All of you please head on over to the game folder and settle in, saying hi in the OOC thread and posting your application in the character thread. We'll start finalising your opening builds shortly.

The following players are the reserve list; when there are openings in the teams, they'll be the first contacted to fill those positions.

AmargaBorz MelikovPriestZero Ronin
MythrandilFranz ConstantineScientistBritannia
CrimsonVincent ParvatiiHackerBritannia

Last edited by HotsuSama; Aug 26th, 2020 at 06:33 PM.