Other [Lancer] Code Geass: Ronin of the Rebellion - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 16th, 2020, 05:35 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88
justsujoy
Well I read through the game board and enjoyed the style of gameplay - hats off to @HotsuSama for that. The thing is that I haven't read through the rules (feels like homework) so I am not sure if my ideas make sense to the rules or the setting.

My preliminary idea was of a Scientist- Mechanic (Japanese) who used to work for the Special Engineering corps but was someway framed to be a rebel sympathizer and lost his wife as a process of the accusation - maybe his wife was the rebel contact. Anyways, he finds his way to the rebels and is willing to help them in order to get revenge.

Geass - I am thinking of something crazy like it does not affect humans at all. Instead it affects machines somehow as he can either control them or disable/ destroy them.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 06:56 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6551
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Im not the GM but Id say get an idea out there if you got it. Variety can only help Hotsu have a better game.
As the GM, agreed. And even if the app doesn't fill what's available right now, it'll go into the reserve list to be among this first contacted when something opens up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsujoy View Post
Well I read through the game board and enjoyed the style of gameplay - hats off to @HotsuSama for that. The thing is that I haven't read through the rules (feels like homework) so I am not sure if my ideas make sense to the rules or the setting.

My preliminary idea was of a Scientist- Mechanic (Japanese) who used to work for the Special Engineering corps but was someway framed to be a rebel sympathizer and lost his wife as a process of the accusation - maybe his wife was the rebel contact. Anyways, he finds his way to the rebels and is willing to help them in order to get revenge.

Geass - I am thinking of something crazy like it does not affect humans at all. Instead it affects machines somehow as he can either control them or disable/ destroy them.
Thank you. I like the character concept; the Ronin have a mechanic but more the grease-monkey type, so having a high-end engineer could work as a good counterpoint. I've got some notes in the game folder that might help as a quick primer, but a lot of the Lancer book is mech frames and license gear - and you don't need to decide on all that right away anyway.

The Geass is outside of the normal paradigm - Geass powers generally affect the mind or perception - but exceptions can be made. We might refine it a little and determine what kind of devices it'll work on, but I'm willing to consider the concept.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
justsujoy
Cool, give me 24 hours to cook it up a bit better.

Also do we get the Geass anytime soon? From what I understand of the Code Geass world (seen 6 episodes and read wiki) the Geass is a very rare, almost legendary power.

So if we need to take up the Geass in say 6-9 months real life, then I'd prefer to decide about it then. (In case I am selected that is.)

Last edited by justsujoy; Nov 16th, 2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 03:46 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
By the current plan, yeah, it'll likely be months IRL.

Geass is indeed rare. You won't be aware of its existence beforehand. Having 8 new users pop up at once is a significant escalation, but one that's still manageable.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 01:11 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
As a public notice, I'm extending the 'open season' app consideration for a few days seeing as we have some potential late activity. I'll make an official decision roughly a week from now (as of this post date).
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 02:35 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26819
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Character Bio
Artist Name: Yua (結愛) Yamada (山田)

Rebel Callsign: DollNingyō (人形)

Allegiance: Zero Ronin, Japanese patriot!

Background: Celebrity

Appearance: Beautiful and charming, she is one of the top models of the country. Her face is sincere with a contagious smile, she warms the heart of her followers on television and on stage. Standing 170 cm, and 52 kg, she has an athletic shape and an inviting body.

Triggers: Lead\Inspire +2, Charm\Performance +2, Spot\Listen +2, Word on the street\Gather Info +2

Geass power: An harsher version of Lelouch's, called "Absolute Submission". It gave her the ability to enslave anyone she used it on, turning her targets into mindless dolls that are forced to follow her every order and possess no ego of their own.

https://codegeass.fandom.com/wiki/Geass.

The Making of an Idol
right-aligned image
JPoP by night
The Rise of Yamada Yua as a supermodel and idol was a journey of drama, sweat, pain, and talent journey. Born in Yokohama, Yua made her first acquaintance with death when the empire blew up half her district just to kill her father, a high ranking military leader named Masato Yamada. Yua's brother and half the bloc were collateral damage. The destruction threw Yua and her mother on the street, they moved into a ghetto. Her mom did what she had to do to feed her daughter. She became a luxury prostitute but died from an overdose a few years later when Yua was about 12 years old. Alone in the world, criminals found her begging for food and money, they took her in as one of their own. Yua learned a lot from them such as using firearms, learning how to sabotage and do raids. Having a beautiful teenager associate was a good commodity to have. Unfortunately, years later, law enforcement took down that gang and killed most of who Yua knew. She almost got executed but she was spared by a judge and the government took the girl in as an orphan. She spends a lot of time in therapy and on medication, but grew up as a beautiful and talented teenager.

Yua's talent for music and art was discovered late through a local tv program for young talents, and out of the blue she managed to impress a AKB stylelarge girl group that took her in as a replacement. With hard work and stubbornness, she managed to stick around and refine her skills. Her schedule was demanding. Working seven days a week for a crappy salary, confined and need to ask permission even to get outside for a coffee is the life of most idol wannabes. Her career took off when an epidemic of influenza took down five of her primary group members; sixth in line for the principal singer role, she blew the audience's mind across the country.

Now at twenty years old, she is at the top of her game. Yua leads her own group and is one of the country's top idols and is beginning her career as a fashion model. Her face worth millions in publicities for popular local brands. Singing for free once a month in an outdoor set up in many cities, she quickly became one of the crowd's favourites as a girl from the people, for the people. She is promoting peace and love in this era of trouble.

The Making of a rebel
right-aligned image
Rebel by day
Yua is leading a double life for as long she can remember. Her father raised her as a patriot and it became part of her DNA. After his death, her hatred for the empire and desire to make a difference for Japan kept her alive.

As a kid, she saw her father planning ops secretly and as a teenager she learned early how to fight with a rebel cell that took her in after her mother passed away. Yet, Yua discovered her true calling by using a pilot simulator of the rebellion just for playing. After breaking the machine's top score, she was fast-tracked by the rebellion who taught her how to drive cars, motorcycles, planes and eventually... mechas. Unfortunately, her quick ascension as a prodigy was stopped when her rebel group was destroyed and she was taken in by the government.

Becoming popular as an idol, she was recognized on television by her uncle. Her father's brother learned a lot about Mechas from the empire in another country. A patriot like her father, he secretly planned for Japan's revenge for years as one of the founders of the THE ZERO RONIN. After contacting Yua, she gladly joined his band of misfits and complete her pilot training, by the age of twenty she became combat-ready.

The rebel's uncle

Hiro Yamada is one of the primary founders of THE ZERO RONIN and Yua's uncle. He was a key member in the Black Rebellion and a collaborator of the legendary rebel leader Zero. After the insurrection, he gathered some of the remnants of the Black Knights and founded the zero ronin. Hiro never married or had children, dedicating his entire life to science and as a Japense's rebel. In his early life, Hiro learned technologies and Mechaengineering from the empire, posing as an Imperial scientist. When he got from them everything he could, he returned to Japan to become an active member of the rebellion with his elder brother Masato Yamada.

Most of Hiro's family were killed by the empire except his niece, Yua Yamada, that he was recently reunited with. The young prodigy is one of the new generations of mecha pilots ready to die for freedom, for JAPAN! Now at the dawn of his fifties, Hiro has a plan to free Japan from Imperial rules no matter what is the cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ng0tg6T7j21r2344uo3_1280.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	88209   Click image for larger version

Name:	idol.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	88210   Click image for larger version

Name:	hiro.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	88215  

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 19th, 2020 at 01:26 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 06:25 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
justsujoy
right-aligned image

Name :- Dr. Kenichi Ishida (he uses first-name family-name like the Britannians unlike the Japanese)

Callsign :- Doc

Appearance :- Doc is short, even for a Japanese and .. healthy? He used to be fat but lost weight since he joined the Rebellion. He hardly smiles or laughs and when he does it feels cruel and unnerving. He is awkward around people but is quite comfortable with machines and their systems.

He is 25 years old but looks much older due to his prematurely white and balding hair.

Background :- Calling Kenichi a genius was perhaps - an understatement. Born and educated in Britannia, the boy had breezed through school and college at an early age and had completed his PHD in Neural Networks and Artifical Intelligence by the age of 18. If not for an unlucky genetic accident, Kenichi would have been guaranteed the top tiers of any scientific institution - he was, by birth, Japanese Eleven.

Kenichi knew this very well and both accepted it and tuned it out. His world was not one of politics and intrigue. Talks of honor, ancestry, pride and national image annoyed him. The only thing Kenichi took pride in was his work. Work was his world. He was swooped into the ranks of Special Operations almost before he finished his PHD and there Kenichi found a place which did not care about his lineage, only his brain.

He didn't really care where he went or with whom he worked as long as he could advance the cause of science. When he was shifted to Area 11 from Britannia to inspire the Elevens to rise up to be honorary britannians, he didn't care. He thought he could never want anything more than working on cutting edge science. If that science was resulting in new and improved Knightmares, so be it. That was till he met her.

Katsumi Nishihara came into Kenichi's life like sunshine after an ice age. A beautiful shy girl, Katsumi made the mechanical Kenichi become a human fall in love with her and find courage to ask her to marry him. Even though the nervous Kenichi fumbled over every word and Katsumi laughed so hard that tears came out her eyes, she ultimately said yes.

Love however is a fleeting thing, few ever find it and fewer still manage to hold on to it. On their first anniversary, soldiers broke into their apartment, charging Kenichi and Katsumi as traitors. That was the last he saw of her.

Now Kenichi is an inferno of hatred out to take down the Brittanian Empire at any cost to avenge his wife.

Scientist / Hacker

BTW- he was brought up in an environment where he was the outsider and could only rely upon his own abilities. Moreover, most of his classmates and colleagues have usually been jealous of him and casually ostracized him. He has grown to be a selfish and self-centered person because of that.

Triggers :-

1. Hack or Fix - Kenichi is a master of Electronics and Software and can tap into or break into almost anything. He is not half bad with mechanical stuff either.

2. Invent or Create - This was literally his job for the last 8 years.

3. Study/ Investigate - Putting data together and finding patterns is second nature to him.

4. Blow something up - Did I mention that he wants to set fire to everything Britanian

Geass: -

RP Sample: ----------------------------------------------------------------

"Get in there you Eleven" the guard spat out as he pushed the small Japanese man into the cell. The Eleven in question moved in without resistance, taking a few steps before falling face first on the cell floor.

"Get real comfortable rebel scum, you're going to spend a lot of time looking at the floor." the Britannian guard said before spitting at the cell and turning away. Almost before the gurad had turned away, another prisoner moved in to help the smaller man up and perhaps offer some help. While he turned the smaller man, he saw the other one looking blankly into space as if unaware of what was happening around him.

"Hey are you okay?" The prisoner asked.

The newcomer let out a deep breath, "Zimmer! He'll burn too."

"Are you okay brother? Do you remember your name? Your home?" The prisoner asked, fearing a concussion.

"Kenichi, Kenichi Ishida. Home? They took my home. They took her. They took everything! I will burn them all, I will destroy them." The newcomer said as if in a trance.

The prisoner looked at the smaller man with a mixture of pity and disgust. The man had an expensive suit on which had been soiled and torn by whatever the Britannians had put him through. It stood to reason that he had been well off under the boot of the oppressor till the heel really came down upon his family. But the guard had called him a rebel.

"I am sorry for your loss Kenichi. My name is Shiro. We all have lost someone close to us. The Britannians treat us like animals and we" he sighed, "endure. Are you a part of the Resistance? Which cell?"

Kenichi looked up and made eye contact with Shiro for the first time. He held it for a second, his expression softening as tears came to his eyes, "I am no rebel. I did nothing." he said sobbing, "I was a scientist. I even worked for the Britannians and they repayed my hardwork with false accusations, killed my wife and threw me into a cell without trial. I was no rebel. But I will be." he said with steel in his voice.

Shiro looked at the young man amazed. How someone with tears in his eyes and a runny nose looked so formidable was well beyond him but it seemed that the pain had unhinged Kenichi. "Well I'm sure you'll get your chance. If only we had more people who would realise the tyranny of the Britannians before they lost someone, we could really show them out guts."

"It won't work." Kenichin said his voice cold. "A hundred soldiers cannot take down a Knightmare. The Britannians win because their technology is the best. I know it, I've seen it, I've built it. The only way to take them down is to outsmart their technology. To take it down from the inside. Thats what I'll do."

While Shiro looked at Kenichi's rambling with confusion in his eyes, a third man in the shadows smiled. Perhaps by getting caught he had gotten lucky. If this Kenichi could do even half of what he said he could. There was a chance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay: - I was hoping to make a Mech which is focussed completely on Tech attacks. My intention was to disable or confuse the enemy Knightmares (multiple ones at the same time) while the rest of the team achieves the objective. Something like a hit & run strategy. I browsed through the rules and I don't see anything that supports this gameplay. At least not in the lower levels. Let me know if I am wrong.

If a tech warrior doesn't work, then I'd rather make a dual pistol wielding and grenade throwing Mech or something similar.

For normal gameplay, Kenichi will be a hacker/fixer kind of a guy.

Last edited by justsujoy; Nov 17th, 2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 07:26 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
I finished my draft, let me know how it looks like please.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 10:31 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I added a small entry about Yua's uncle as we discussed. Thanks.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
justsujoy
I'm done.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9999
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
You may thank me for the extra time! I’ll wait....

Last edited by Scimmy; Nov 17th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:45 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
Feedback has been requested, so feedback shall be provided!

Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:54 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 18th, 2020 at 07:56 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 02:07 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
justsujoy

Old Nov 19th, 2020, 01:15 AM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics