Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2020, 11:19 AM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 642
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
I would say the meat of my application is complete. I will be editing a bit I am sure but would love some feedback from both willing parties. Thanks guys!
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 11:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Withdrawn.

Last edited by Noquarter19; Oct 28th, 2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 03:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1621
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menzo View Post
I will be doing reviews this weekend. Please indicate whether you want your character reviewed (it's not compulsory), and whether you'd like it to be reviewed by me or Og or both of us.
I would love a review...doesn't really matter by who
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 04:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Doesn't matter to me either.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 04:35 PM
Hella Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking
Same here, any input is welcome
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 08:48 PM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1931
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
@Menzo:
I have a character that I had conceptualized for a different game before this (where it didn't make the cut), but which I believe would fit perfectly into this setting.

Would it be all right if I throw my lot in after cleaning it up for your application requirements? Since it's never been used, I still feel that it is original. The part I worry about though is the different story hook in this game. Can I gather, that characters with motivations to join the civil war are preferred? I would want to change some backstory details anyways, but thought it would still be good to ask, what you are looking for.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 11:02 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13940
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
My character is ready. If you have any input I would appreciate it but please don't put yourself out too much.

Last edited by Ysolde; Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:02 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 02:01 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12
O2CXt3
Application
Application is complete

left-aligned image
Art by Joseph Qiu

Name: Yasui (安井)
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Rōnin)
Background: Haunted One

Personality Traits:
1) I like to read and memorize poetry. It keeps me calm and brings me fleeting moments of happiness.
2) I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
Ideal: I try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bond: I would sacrifice my life and my soul to protect the innocent.
Flaw: I talk to spirits that no one else can see.

Personality: Yasui is reserved and tries to avoid trouble. Although he was once a samurai, it has been many years since he has adhered to the samurai code. For the last few years, he has wandered the countryside making money doing odd jobs, but recently he has grown tired of wandering and has begun to dream of settling down and retiring peacefully. However, he does not have the money or personal connections. Yasui has slowly grown more detached from society, but he still has a soft spot in his heart for the innocent, particularly small children. He has been known to stand lost in thought and watch children play, or to give a child who is hungry all of his food or money. He feels a deep anger towards those who harm children. He also tends to be kind-hearted towards young women, with whom he associates motherhood. Yasui can sometimes be seen talking to himself, or chanting poetry as he goes about his business. Although he is perceptive when he chooses to be, he is often lost in his own thoughts and seems not to notice his surroundings.

Appearance: Yasui is aging and weather beaten. He wears an old drab kimono and worn waraji. If it wasn’t for the samurai sword he carries, people might easily mistake him for a poor, aging villager. People who look more closely might notice his toned muscles, strengthened from years of training, and the graceful way he makes even the smallest movements. Aside from his clothing and sword, he carries an old sack with a few days of food and a small book of poetry.

Backstory: If asked about his sword, Yasui will admit that he was previously a samurai, but says that he no longer has a master. He politely avoids discussing the topic further. He carries a silver coin sewn into the inside of his kimono that he touches from time to time to ensure it is still there. It is his most prized possession.

Why are you interested in this game?: Great setting! I’m a fan of both fantasy and japanese culture and folklore (movies, tv, woodblock prints).

Last edited by O2CXt3; Oct 31st, 2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Moving Moru to western Izu
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 06:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 771
Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
@Menzo:
I have a character that I had conceptualized for a different game before this (where it didn't make the cut), but which I believe would fit perfectly into this setting.

Would it be all right if I throw my lot in after cleaning it up for your application requirements? Since it's never been used, I still feel that it is original. The part I worry about though is the different story hook in this game. Can I gather, that characters with motivations to join the civil war are preferred? I would want to change some backstory details anyways, but thought it would still be good to ask, what you are looking for.
@Mindsiege Feel free to submit your character. I have not settled on the plot. I am inclined to pick the best players/characters first, then based on those characters work out the character hooks and plot premise. Ultimately, I don't think it will matter whether your character is motivated to join the civil war or not. It's going to roll across Shikoku like the proverbial tsunami. Remaining uninvolved will be hard.

Just create a character that you like, and that fits within the feudal Japanese-themed setting, and if you're selected we can work out character hooks in a Session 0.

Last edited by Menzo; Oct 22nd, 2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 07:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Withdrawn.

Last edited by Noquarter19; Oct 28th, 2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 08:54 AM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1931
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Yashiro - Completed
right-aligned image

Name: 驎祥恩 矢城 - Rinshōon Yashiro

Race: Aasimar (Protector)天人 - Tennin

Class: Monk (Kensei)僧兵 - Sohei

Background: Noble
  • Personality Trait 1: I am considered eccentric, but in turn I look down on those who can't appreciate my sense of beauty.
  • Personality Trait 2: I take pride in conforming to my visual ideals and go to great lengths to hone my appearance.
  • Bond: As lord I have responsibility to take care of the lands entrusted to me beyond selfsatisfaction.
  • Ideal: It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine.
  • Flaw: Aside from my clan duties, compassion and consideration for others is irrelevant before my sublime philosophy.

Personality: Yashiro, after his title of lord, considers himself first and foremost a collector, as much as a purveyor of beauty. He is quick to be enamored with things appealing to his own concepts of beauty, which include concepts like martial prowess, quickness of wit, adhesion to hierarchy and feminine youth. He is seen as an eccentric by the standards of his people, but beyond his effeminate bearings and a habit of speaking tenderly he should by no means be mistaken as a softhearted person. Since he was raised with barely anybody of equal standing in his life, he is very prideful at his core and despite his cosseted upbringing, Yashiro has gained a strong will accompanied by a meticulous mind that makes him seek for the order of things. While he has a tendency of presenting a calming smile to the people in his presence, covered by his conscientious fulfilment of his responsibility to his clan he also hides a streak of cruelty or rather a distinct lack of compassion for others. With his age having surpassed half a dozen decades, Yashiro has achieved a sort of balance between himself and the rest of the world, that tends to see things differently than he does himself. As such he possesses the wisdom not to overindulge himself and to moderate his behaviour to stave off having to be at odds with his fellow countrymen. He knows, when to keep his more questionable inclinations more privately.

Appearance: Yashiro's ideal of beauty is a concept, where spiritual and physical superiority are interwoven as one, and as such he places high value in adhering to these ideals and maintaining his own appearance. Despite Yashiro's age, his hallowed blood has granted him with youthful features that stand in contrast to his very deliberate demeanour. True to his own philosophy he nurtures his long, silky black hair and also takes care to keep a fair and unblemished skin, which he reinforces by also wearing makeup. He tends to garb himself primarily in feminie clothing, where he prefers to wear colour rich Hikizuri compared to more traditional Kimonos, at least when indoors. But not only in his choice of wear does Yashiro draw from his infatuation with the female form. Many of his mannerisms are affected with effeminate bearings, but in actuality this does not mean that Yashiro wants to become a woman in mind and body truly. Rather than that, his behaviour can be understood as creedence to his ideology, which seeks beauty in the sublimity of female youth. On the same note, underneath his clothing Yashiro has developed a prominently muscular body, fit for even the most capable of warriors. He spends many long hours of training to realize this particular aspect from his idea of beauty and equally takes pride in his strength, as he does in his emulation of feminity.

Backstory:

Game Interest: Of course I had been drawn towards this game because of the setting and because I have kept looking for a home for this character. But after I read your outlook at games and the preference of character interaction and charater development, that was the moment, when I knew that I had to apply, because that's what I consider my main motivation for RP. I think, that despite how the concept of Yashiro reads, that I will not have a hard time working together with the other players or that I would be likely to become a hindrance to story advancement. As a player I like to know that everybody is on board with what I'm having my character do and I would also say, that my character is more eccentric than selfish anyways. In the end he shouldn't have character drives, that would motivate him to go against the party, just don't expect actual heartfelt compassion from him.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 9th, 2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 02:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Starting reviews...

If you don't find a review of your application here, it could be because I haven't got around to it yet, or because you haven't explicitly requested one. Either way, if a couple of days passes and nothing appears, feel free to give me an e-boot up the backside.

Last edited by Menzo; Oct 23rd, 2020 at 03:59 PM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 04:28 PM
Sic itur ad astra

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 986
InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam
Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited by InMemoriam; Oct 23rd, 2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 09:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 10:37 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 852
Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude
Roberto Greenskin's character application is ready for review!
Closed Thread