Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2020, 07:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 771
Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo Menzo
To Daendil (and Noquarter19, Thesandwichking and Arthilian01). Sorry to see you withdraw, but I understand that not every game is for everyone. Best of luck with other games on the site!
Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 06:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi all! I've officially extended the deadline to 15th November for personal reasons. I've just been accepted into Wynamoinen's game, and working on the 'Session 0' stuff for that game would've clashed with the original 8th November deadline for Empire of the Setting Sun. (Also, I'm trying to organize replacement air-conditioning for my unit.)

I apologize to everyone that that leaves on tenterhooks.
Old Nov 4th, 2020, 09:29 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Oh my gosh all the yes. Place-holding my interest whilst I concoct a concept!
Old Nov 4th, 2020, 09:16 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10085
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Application
right-aligned image
Moriko
Name: Moriko (Meaning: child of the forest. As a foundling, Moriko has no family or clan name.森子)
Race: Human
Class: Monk (山伏: Yamabushi)
Background: Acolyte
  • Personality Traits: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
    I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.
    I'm oblivious to etiquette and social expectations.
  • Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
  • Bond: I owe my life to the monk who took me in when my parents died.
  • Flaw: I cannot fathom why anyone would ever say something other than what they mean.

Personality: Moriko is deeply naive due to her sheltered existence in the monastery. She is guileless herself and cannot fathom why anyone would ever say something other than what they mean.
She is incurably optimistic. Having never encountered evil within the confines of the monastery, she truly believes that all people are good at heart. She realizes that there is much she does not know about the outside world, and therefore attributes any conflict to a basic misunderstanding that must be resolved.
Moriko is also insatiably curious. She knows it is her duty for now to explore and learn more of the outside world, and she hopes to do so. She looks upon all the unfamiliar minutia around here with a sense of awe and wonder.
Despite her intense martial arts training, Moriko is actually something of a pacifist. The belief system instilled upon her at the monastery centered around seeking harmony with nature. To her, all living things are worthy of respect and deserving of their lives. The thought of intentionally taking the life of another is appalling to her. When she must fight, she will always seek to disarm and/or incapacitate before doing lethal harm.

Appearance: Everything about Moriko’s appearance exudes a childlike innocence. Her short stature causes many to believe that she is younger than her years. Combined with the slightness of her frame, this often leads others to underestimate her. Certainly few would ever suspect the strength that lies behind her seemingly delicate and lithe limbs.
Moriko dresses simply and modestly in the unadorned robes of the ascetic. This mode of dress and her smoothly shaven head might almost cause one to mistake her for a young boy, were it not for the simple beauty in the soft, round features of her face and her piercing ice-blue eyes. While nearly everything else about her appearance seems common and unimpressive, those eyes draw focus in a startlingly captivating manner, at once conveying both wide-eyed naive wonder and a penetrating wisdom beyond her years.

Backstory:

Why are you interested in this game? Love the setting. Love hearing that this is an LGBTQI-friendly game, as I think that bodes well for the atmosphere of the game in general, regardless of whether the players or characters themselves are queer. And honestly, this is a character I've played before so her voice is already developed in my head (the last game I had her in kind of fizzled out, so I would really like to breathe new life into her).

Last edited by rhaiber; Nov 4th, 2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old Nov 7th, 2020, 05:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi guys. I would again like to apologise for the lack of progress on this game. Had a number of long shifts at work recently. Also, I got into Wynamoinen's Uncaged: Found Families game, and I just got informed I'll be the switch DM for my home game on Sunday (our regular DM is recuperating from elective surgery). So... a bit rushed off my feet.

However, all should be back on track from Monday onwards, and the application deadline of Sunday, 15th November is still good.

As compensation, I bring you the amazing Joe Hisaishi and the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra:

Last edited by Menzo; Nov 7th, 2020 at 05:53 AM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 08:54 PM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1931
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
I think my application is finally ready for review.

Special thanks to Oghain, for his help in fleshing out this character to fit even more into this setting!

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 9th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 09:24 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10085
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
I know I got my app in a bit later than some others, but is it still possible to get a review?
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Absolutely. I've just been a little busy. DMed the first session of Lost Mine of Phandelver for my home game on Sunday, and I'm working on various stuff (including a first post) for Wynamoinen's game.

In the meantime, I have been (slowly) building up the database on the Culture of Shikoku and the Weapons and Armor of Shikoku. The kusarigama proved particularly challenging, since it couldn't simply be reskinned. It's a pretty unique weapon.

I haven't run out of topics yet, and will probably create a third thread dealing with religion and the kami. But are there any specific topics that people would like me to cover?

Last edited by Menzo; Nov 9th, 2020 at 09:40 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1931
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
I for one am worried if my character is refined enough to be eligible for adventure hook creation.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:27 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
Bretel
I'm actually more curious about how gambling works. I noticed in the culture section there was something called a Bakuto as an itinerant gambler. It's probably not something that my character knows enough about but I am a sucker for minigames. I know there are Japanese games that I enjoy, but if taking let's say a tool proficiency, how much would that cover?
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 11:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Actually, I already included a brief description of the main gambling game, Cho-Han, at the beginning of the dice rolling thread, but I can include information about some of the games of skill too.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 04:18 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26819
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Look nice, good luck all!
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hiya. Just a reminder that only two days remain to the deadline.

I have already issued invites for three players, but the remaining slots in the game are still genuinely up for grabs, so don't read too much into it if you haven't received an invite yet.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 07:32 AM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6472
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
If you're still recruiting and you'll have me, I'm thinking about overhauling my character.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 08:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
By all means. Still 2-4 spots up for grabs!
Closed Thread