DnD5e Baldur’s Gate: Descent to Avernus - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 9th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 599
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Application for Eclipse of the Moon, Tabaxi Paladin
Eclipse of the Moon
right-aligned image
Name: Eclipse of the Moon
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Eclipse of the Moon is a dark-furred tabaxi, her coat covered in charcoal, brown and occasional russet spots. Her spots are darker; thick rings of deep black surrounding the lighter colours inside. Like most of her race, she is tall and slim, built for speed and agility, with knife-like claws that she likes to sharpen on trees and anything suitable she passes. Her eyes are a deep and piercing blue, her face and features sharp and thin, with thin and elegant whiskers. She wears dark-colored clothing; deep greens, browns and blacks that would hide her in the dark when she is after a bounty. The combination of dark clothing and fur make her difficult to perceive even in the half-light of dusk or dawn. Beneath her hooded cloak she wears a sturdy chain shirt, kept immaculately clean, and sports an equally polished rapier at her side which she wields with eagerness and fervor.

Personality: Moon is fairly stern and serious, but she inherits the traditional traits of the tabaxi - curiosity, great interest in mysteries and secrets, and hunting for stories. As a bounty hunter she can be quite reclusive, keeping her own company but more than willing to work with others to get things done. She enjoys personal conflict as it gives her a chance to prove her ability to conquer all situations placed before her. She can be quite direct, though not rude, but patient when it comes to hunting her quarry and locating bounties she is given. The loss of her partner as a very young age still haunts her, and while she obtained justice for his murderer, she can be solemn and haunted when certain memories flood back.

Background: Moon's life has entirely been shaped by the early death of her partner at the hands of Nexal scum. As a result of events surrounding her partner's death, she has been outcast from her clan in Payit, Maztica, and has fled to Baldur's Gate on mainland Faerun as a result. Normally the tabazi of Payit are quite peaceful, and Moon certainly grew up as such, but her heartbreak and bitterness have turned her in one who relishes challenges and the overcoming of them. Having hunted down and nearly killed those responsible for her partner's death, she has devoted herself to conquering all challenges, from enforcing her skill and breaking the spirits of those that oppose her. More recently she works exclusively as a bounty hunter in Baldur's Gate, relishing the challenge of hunting quarries and them overcoming them. It is said that she will often tempt her prey to resist just so that she can 'play' with them. All the while she continues to honor her partner by searching for stories, mysteries and secrets - anything that she can quietly share with the 'spirit' of her partner. She believes that in doing the things her partner would've enjoyed, she can somehow give him peace. For her, though, there is no peace - only the hunt, the victory, and the demonstration of strength she has devoted herself to.

Roleplaying SampleMoon stood beneath a high, rocky overhang, hidden in the darkness of the forest. The only sounds were those emanating from the jungle surrounds; bird calls, rustling animals in the thrushes, the incessant buzzing of thousands of insects. She flicked her tail idly as her deep blue eyes peered intently at a fixed space in the darkness of the cave. She was waiting, patiently. Occasionally the jungle sounds were interrupted by a drip as a small drop of liquid finally escaped a torturous path and landed on a puddle. "Hmrrr," she intoned to herself as it seemed her patient waiting had paid off. Her quarry stirred in the darkness, eliciting a groan from the very same. Moon shifted in the darkness to make herself more comfortable. She waited a little longer, quietly enjoying the staccato-like groans coming from the shadows.

Eventually, after what seemed like ages, she stood up and started to speak in a measured tone. "Mrrhh. It's is said that if you drop a creature in one blow, that it might think it's opponent got lucky." She let the words sink in, more than willing to take her time. "But, if you put lots of holes in your opponent, hrrmmm, there can be no doubt, no doubt, that you have bested him. Conquered him. That you own him. Rrrmhh." Moon delighted in the sounds of muffled pleading that came from the darkness. "Would you agree, then, giving how much you are leaking, that I have conquered you? Hrmrm?" There seemed to be some finality, some relief in her last voice. Like this was the end of something taking far to long to play itself out.

"You took everything from me. Grrrawr!" Her voice rose in anger, a feral growl. "You struck in a single blow, mrrmrm, taking all I could hope for, all he could hope for. All the future memories, all the discoveries, all the mysteries and secrets. Gone. Grmmhmr. In a single blow." She let out a wild roar at the darkness, generating a panicked whimper from the shadows. "I would give everything to get just one chance..." She sighed. An emotionally heavy exhalation. "Have you paid?" she continued. "Have you atoned, hrmmr? Is there any justice to be had here for my pain? Even knowing that I have conquered you, it just doesn't feel enough. There should be something more, ghmrr." She quietly drew her rapier. It was a shiny blade, thin and shiny as it caught what little light there was under the overhang. Meticulously kept and clean. Panic and struggling ensued from the darkness.

She quietly let the darkness envelop her like a cloak, moving towards the struggling sounds, rapier in hand. "It is time, hmrr?" For a long moment she stood there, staring at her quarry of years, the bounty of her soul. Drips continued to fall to the ground, the jungle refused to hold its breath in honour of the moment. She slowly raised the blade. Don't! A voice carried from outside and Moon stopped. She lowered the rapier and spun around, walking to the exit. You'll be outcast. She looked at the tabaxi that stood near the entrance. "I am outcast already," she said, before leaving the tabaxi and her quarry to their fates.

Last edited by Pinotage; Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2111
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Oh, I am willing to throw together an application! my RL D&D group started this campaign but we have had to take a long hiatus due to Covid and group restrictions where I live. I am not sure if we will be coming back together or not so I would love to continue this adventure.

right-aligned image

Name: Elodie Rothenel
Race: Elf (Drow or Eladrin DM’s discretion)
Class: Warlock (hexblade) dabbling into rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Elodie is rather quiet. Being a Drow on the surface and in the mortal realm is a bit overwhelming for her. Once you get to know her and she trusts you a bit she is more willing to open up and crack a joke or a snarky comment when appropriate. She has a sharp eye and will often observe the situation and then make her decision on the situation when the time is right. She is not the smartest elf, which that assumption has gotten her into a fair bit of trouble in the past.

Appearance: Elodie is small for an elf, let alone a humanoid. Standing just a few inches under five and half feet she is often overlooked because of her size. Despite this she makes up for it in her quick and nimble movements. She wears dark clothes and blackened leather armor. Her purplish black skin and pale silvery-white hair make a stark contrast with her dark clothing. She carries a sword on her belt along with a few daggers and a small book in a holster for notes; she a terrible short term memory. [Picture to come]

Backstory: Elodie is one of the newest recruits under the banner of the Raven Queen; brought into the Queen’s fold by ignorance after making a pact with an unseen entity that rescued her from a near death encounter. Still not totally sold on her patron’s belief system and strength, Elodie has been sent to Baldur’s Gate to prove herself a loyal follower of the Queen of Darkness. She is seen as dispensable to her Patron should something happen while she is investigating the disappearance of the city of Elturel. It is no significant loss should the young hexblade encounter something more deadly than her last meeting with death. Besides there are other agents investigating as well; ones with more experience, time and training under the Raven Queen’s banner. The disappearance of Eltural has rattled the Raven Queen to her core. The entire city populous has vanished. She can account for some of the souls passing to the underworld but not the entire city. Something wicked is at play and wanting to disrupt the balance of the material plane, ethereal plane and astral plane.

RP Sample:
The sun was very low in the sky, nearly touching the horizon, casting long thin shadows on the road that lead Baldur’s Gate and make the city look like a black mass as it loomed before the Elodie. She moved with the mass of other travelers on the road hurrying to make it inside the city gates before they closed at dusk. She could feel the urgency as the minutes passed, the speed picking up for a time then slowing a mile outside Baldur’s Gate as everyone was given a quick inspection and general rules of the city.

As she waited for her turn, Elodie pulled a small bundle of papers from a pocket inside her cloak. She kept her hood up so those close to her couldn’t see her face. Being a Drow on the surface certainly brought a lot of challenges she had not really been prepared for or expecting. Ignorance of the Material Plane was not bliss, dealing in Common, limiting her magic and the bright sun were certainly huge shifts her daily routine. Then again, she was not the smartest of her race either. Elodie often thought that she had the soul of a Goliath trapped in an Elf’s body. She opened her papers and read the letter she had been given. It had a crude map in her own hand drawn on the back. The Raven Queen had sent Elodie and a half dozen other follows to investigate the disappearance of Elturel.

A whole city vanishing sounded impossible but Her Majesty had showed those assembled in a scying ball the crater of the missing city. Elodie skimmed the letter with her orders to go to Baldur’s Gate, find refugees and seek out leads on Elturel. Of course her letter had extra writing in it. Explanations and basic information that she found both helpful and redundant. A list of coin conversion. A map to Baldur’s Gate. Where to find lodging, a brief description of the local political situation and whom was in charge of the city. A list of whom not to cross and what topics to avoid in conversation.

“Oi.! Little one, you’re holding up the line,” A guard shouted at Elodie who had gotten lost in her thoughts.

“Oh, Uh, sorry,” she apologized shuffling forward her head down as to not show her face.

“Just a second,” the same guard grabbed her by the shoulder, getting her to stop, “What’s your business in The Gate,’ she asked.

“Sleep. Food. Research,
” Elodie replied trying to specific but not too specific.

“research? For what?”

“Cities. History. History of the cities in the area,”
she fumbled getting a full sentence together.

“Let her in, she doesn’t look like she could hurt a fly. We want in too,”
people behind Elodie started to grumble as the guards seemed to be taking longer with her than those before her.
“Stay out of trouble. Library is on the other side of the city,” the guard informed her finally letting her go.

Elodie relaxed glad that the rest of the mass outside was restless to get in themselves and hurried the interrogation along. Explaining why a Drow was in the city was going to be hard to explain than just doing some research.
Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; Nov 12th, 2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: adding application
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Unintentionally, I have set up a future connection between "Fist" and Almira re: the bird connection and the focus on death, so if it happened we both were accepted, I'd be excited about that.
Just need to write an RP sample to finish up my app, but I'm interested to see what roleplaying a kenku would be like. Interested in the challenge.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6625
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I'm sorry, I have to withdraw lady andria Linnox. Sorry
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 08:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
CrowArmstrong
The sequel to my favorite saga ever ? Hell yeah : D
Will be using my old rogue/swashbuckler character from BG2

[WIP]
Name: Serek Hylvdred
Race: half-elf
Class: rogue
Alignment: chaotic good
Personality:He moves swiftly through threads of intrigue and shadows entangled...then appear in a flourish of sharp wits or deadly blades to save the day !
Appearance:
A prisoner set loose, his crooked yet disarming laugh wrinkling face scars as dry rifts of murder stories, and multiple more under his full leather armor.
A magician, summoning glimpses of dancing shadows with the whirls of that double sword, or through simple sleight of hands
A poet and philosopher, singer of a hundred odes to the Shadow.

Last edited by CrowArmstrong; Nov 10th, 2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4195
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
One week to go folks.

Recruiting for: Baldur’s Gate: Descent to Avernus
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Invictus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Tranquil
How many days have it been since the fall of Elturel? And would it be possible to play a refugee from Elturel?
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 04:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
Goldmyr Goldmyr
Name: Kuldan

Race: Goblin

Class: Barbarian

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Kuldan is reckless, headstrong, and carefree. He has the short and violent temper that goblins are known for, but not the cravenness or cowardice to hold him back. He has little patience for sneakiness or under handed tactics and much prefers to face problems head on, and usually at the waist down. He is also an avid thrill seeker and put his former tribe at risk several times under the pretense that he was just looking for a good time.

Appearance: Kuldan has reddish brown skin and fiery, orange eyes. He keeps his black hair cut short. He wears a mix of scrabbled together bits of metal and hide to function as his armor.

Backstory: Kuldan comes from the goblin tribes inhabiting the southern desert. Larger and stronger than many of his kin, he quickly became one of the best warriors his tribe had to offer, but his naturally curious nature caused to many problems for the rest of his tribe. As a child, he tried to crawl into a cooking pot to eat the best parts before anyone else. Instead, he knocked the pot over and spilled boiling water all over the cook. Another time, let a captured dire boar out of its cage, so he could ride on its back. It was that last stunt that got him exiled from his tribe. Under pain of death, he was not to step within his tribe's lands again.
Kuldan tried to find a new tribe, but word of his disastrous nature had all ready spread, and he was quickly chased out of his homelands. His journeys eventually brought him into contact with the name of Baldur's Gate, a place where troublemakers are hired to solve dangerous problems. Being both a troublemaker and fond of danger, the lonely goblin decided to try his hand in the big city.

RP Sample: Hunger gnawed at Kuldan's belly. He took some rabbit jerky out of his sack and gnawed on it just enough to keep the hunger pains at bay. He didn't have much food left, and the ship was going oh so slowly. He laid back against the always damp floor below the crew decks, trying not to make any noises that would give him away and especially not throw up. He could do that later when he snuck into the chamber pots again. The more he thought about it, the more he felt justified that he did the right thing. Charging a hundred gold coins for a ride on what is clearly a torture device was just crazy. He should know, he was called crazy by his tribe mates plenty.
That was when the squeaking caught his attention. He looked around the floor and found a rat scurrying in his little room. Slowly, he grasped the handle of his great sword and quickly brought the flat of the blade down on the little creature. He picked up the rodent's broken body. I can't eat it like this. I wonder if they're using that big soup pot

Dice Roll:
4d6 5, 1, 2, 2 Total = 10

Dice Roll:
4d6 5, 6, 4, 1 Total = 16

Dice Roll:
4d6 4, 2, 6, 5 Total = 17

Dice Roll:
4d6 1, 5, 2, 2 Total = 10

Dice Roll:
4d6 4, 3, 6, 3 Total = 16

Dice Roll:
4d6 5, 2, 5, 2 Total = 14

Full character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=86635

Last edited by Goldmyr; Nov 16th, 2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Added in dice rolls for stat generation. Full character sheet is up.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 175
Wisp Wisp
Beviryn Cole Application
right-aligned image
Name:
Beviryn ‘Bevi’ Cole

Race:
Half-Elf(Skill Versatility)

Class:
Druid(Plan to go with Circle of Dreams)

Alignment:
Chaotic Good

Background:
Far Traveler

Personality:
Personality Traits:
- I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence, or reacting to the ignorant invasion of my own.
- My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.

Ideal:
- Adventure. I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful!

Bond:
- I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaw:
- There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Most would describe Bevi as friendly, outgoing, and on the eccentric side of things. Bright and cheerful by nature she has an innate form of curiosity that has her asking questions of nearly everyone she meets and devouring any book she manages to come across. Top that off with a desire to do good and you have Bevi, or the Bevi the half-elf wants people to see. Not the side of her that’s unsure of herself and wonders if she ever really will fit in anywhere. The side that’s terrified all people will ever see her as is an outsider, or that she simply isn’t good enough or strong enough to do the things she wants. The part that always wonders if what she does matters or if in the end, her efforts will be in vain. The parts of her that festered and grew throughout her childhood.

Appearance: Bevi is an elegant sort with a slim physique, pale skin free of scars and dotted with freckles, and shorter stature, coming in at just five feet and four inches. The hair atop her head is pale blonde, nearly white, and hangs well past her shoulders in thick barely twisting waves. Often the half-elf keeps portions of it tied back simple yet pleasing to look at styles consisting of multitudes of braids. High on her face above a small button nose, and pale pink lips are a pair of wide and curious eyes glinting with the emerald green of a forest canopy.

Her attire is both simplistic and intricate, a staple of her home. The woman dresses in a lightweight but well sewn dark green tunic, that comes to an end in smooth leaf-like points at varying lengths, shorter in the front stopping closer to the center of her thigh and growing longer as it circles, ending just below her knee for the longest. Beneath this, she wears a pair of fitted earthy brown breeches the seams reinforced with leather to enhance their longevity. Her feet are clad in well-worn leather boots, and a simple leather chest piece adorns her torso. The most notable item Bevi has is the overstuffed satchel hanging from her side, made of a mixture of both leather and cloth. Attached to the strap that runs across her chest is a golden brooch in the shape of a leaf with an inset amber to add a hint of contrast. To top everything off Bevi can nearly always be seen with a sprig of holy as well as several other small plants adorning her hair.

Backstory: The life of a half-elf is rarely ever usual, and Bevi is no exception. The only child of Morgan Cole, a knight of Waterdeep, and Valynna an Eladrin emissary from the Feywild. While Bevi’s early life was somewhat typical for a child in her position, that normalcy was cut short when her mother wanted to return home. Her father, a kind man wasn’t willing to leave Waterdeep, and readily admitted he couldn’t quite raise a child on his own and so Bevi found herself whisked away from Waterdeep and the material plane at the young age of eight to live in the Feywild with her mother and fully elven relatives.

From that point forward she lived as any other elf of the Feywild would save for aging at an increased rate which presented its difficulties. Throughout the years Bevi spent in her mother’s home the half-elf struggled to keep up socially, and intellectually with most of her peers, which resulted in few if any meaningful connections as she outgrew any friends she did make within just years. It made for a lonely childhood. Though the one constant throughout this was her Grandmother of all things, an old Eladrin druid named Sathea.

It was from Sahea that Bevi learned her magical skills, and found a love for nature in most, not all, but most of its forms. She also picked up the habit of glaring at anyone who stepped even a foot too close to her grandmother’s garden. Sahea was also the individual who encouraged Bevi to return to the material plane to experience what her human side had to offer. Which is exactly what she did.

After fifteen years in the Feywild Bevi finally returned to Waterdeep alongside her mother, who was once again working as an emissary and the only real reason Bevi could return at all. The then twenty-three-year-old half-elf spent a few months with her father and celebrated her twenty-fourth birthday before heading south to experience the wider world.

Now Bevi finds herself in Baldur’s Gate and despite her preference for meandering down the open road she simply can’t bring herself to leave the troubled city just yet. Instead, she works to aid the refugees in whatever way she can, be it magical or mundane. While her focus remains on the refugees in recent days it’s expanded to include simply trying to right the chaos that has a hold on Baldur’s Gate, or at the very least make life more liveable for the common folk. After all, if her grandmother taught her anything it was to leave places better than you found them.

Last edited by Wisp; Nov 15th, 2020 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Minor backstory correction.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:48 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
I'm curious, if I wanted a weapon similar to a machete as a primary weapon, could I get a ruling on it. The specific weapon would be a kukri or parang. I'm thinking 1d6 slashing.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 01:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
[Sound of fist striking wooden post], kenku monk, is done and awaiting review. This will certainly be an interesting - and challenging! - roleplay experience, should Fist be accepted. As always, thank you for your consideration.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 599
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
I think Eclipse of the Moon is finally complete. I may make some minor edits or additions, but otherwise good for consideration.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4957
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Hi Nade, I have a character concept I'd like to run past you.

Last edited by anamiac; Nov 12th, 2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4195
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Quote:
How many days have it been since the fall of Elturel? And would it be possible to play a refugee from Elturel?
Roughly a week, and yes I'm ok with that.

Quote:
If I wanted a weapon similar to a machete as a primary weapon, could I get a ruling on it. The specific weapon would be a kukri or parang.
If the weapon is in the sources quoted then I'm ok with it. If not then I'd rather keep it to the sources listed.

Recruiting for: Baldur’s Gate: Descent to Avernus
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2111
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Alright I believe I am done with my application for Elodie Rothenel the Drow Warlock.
Tower graduate #820