DnD5e Baldur’s Gate: Descent to Avernus - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 17th, 2020, 04:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4195
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
I will close this to new applications tomorrow, however anyone who has stated interest or otherwise has an application in flight has until Saturday to complete before I make announcements.

Recruiting for: Baldur’s Gate: Descent to Avernus
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta
I'm back from my nightshift so I'll post something once I wake up, but it's hard picking my favorite idea. I'll probably drop my Ranger idea since he really needs additional books and stick to either my Fighter, Monk or Bladesinger ideas.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1777
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe
Putting my interest down with an introductory app.

Shasa the Abstainer
right-aligned image
In Progress...
Shasa Red-Jaw
The scarred gnoll stares at you warily. There is hunger there... and something more.

Race: Using the mechanics of the Tabaxi race from Volo's Guide to Monsters.Gnoll
Class: Druid
Alignment: Neutral

Introductory Description: Of a race doomed to live with an implacable hunger by their Lord of Savagery, even staring at his own arm for too long causes Shasa to salivate. This same hunger causes his kind to murder and consume everything around them, a tide of butchery and torn corpses walking.

Yet Shasa Red-Jaw has found himself at odds with this existence. Given the right to create life anew, a Fang of great Yeenoghu, he has since come to question the virtue of destruction...

Last edited by Vathe; Nov 17th, 2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 160
Mephiska Mephiska
Public Application
right-aligned image
Name: Lysaro

Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Character Personality: She's pragmatic with an absence of empathy. She tried to feel sorry for stranger in need without success. As a good burglar, she always think how could be the worst ending for this plan. Getting caught is never an option. Escape while leaving a dead victim is better than a living witness. The only people she trust are their brother and sister from the thief guild. Some exception occur from time to time. The slum life teach her of to survive, life can be hard, Lysaro adapt to it. She felt guilty every days of his short life for the abduction of her twin sister, she swear to find the noble woman who hired the merchant. The stoic face replace the joyful smile. She is too serious for a child and a halfling. She prefer dark places, so it's easier to hide herself and his thought.

Character Appearance: She is a short halfling of 2'8" feet, but a normal height for his age. A low weight of 25 lbs grant her an high level of stealthiness and she knows how to use it. She always wear dark tone cloth, changing often his outfit to not be remember. All his belonging are tight up to her, dagger and critical item are always hidden but close enough to get them faster than light.
She's so gracious when she move , no one can hear her. Unless she wanted to. She used to let her guard down when she's with trusted person.She close her eyes peacefully. Lysaro can stand still for hours if she don't need to move. During meeting with her mentor and thief reunion, she usually fade with the decoration. Her movement is calculated to not draw attention on her. If no one looks, she disappear in a second.

Summary: Lysaro receive many time the surname of coldhearted halfling. She always stay calm in danger. Usually, she speak with a low voice tone, to prevent somebody to hear his message. She talk to gain advantage on something or someone, so it's better to not reveal all the plan to everybody. If the situation goes south, let use plan B instead. Plan C is rarely needed but it's better to kill than be in jail. The thief guild is his family, she will never betray them. On the other hand, any stranger can be throw to the owlbear. Her mother ring was taken with his sister and she will do anything to recover it. During his sister's abduction, the baker's son was found in the wrong place at the wrong time. He get caught for the crime and his arrestation help Lysaro escape the crime scene. She drop apple from time to time in his cell,

Backstory: Lysaro was a joyful halfling like all other. Her life experience was built in a orphanage with his twin sister Viviael. The only thing they can remember about their parent his the family name engraved on a leather ring and the nursery rhyme sang by their mother before bed time. Lysaro wear he ring on his middle finger everyday, except for that day when Viv asked for it. Favorite game is hide and seek during midnight. Outside in the backyard, both girls plays near the stable. Two silhouette with a torch and daggers grab her sister and tried to abduct her, she shout for help but suffer from a punch in the stomach. Lysaro run to them, climb a fence and jump on the neck of one of them. The fight last 10 second but seems a eternity for Lysaro. The bandit stab his friend in the confusion. Viviael received a dagger hit in the back and fell down. The girls dead, the last bandit flee with his ring while saying at the wounded man, "We n... to exp...to Miss M..... . why ... d.. not bring ....alive ..."
Lysaro hear these word but was in pain beside his sister body.
A young boy came to help them. Town patrol hear the scream and came to see. Lysaro get frightened and run. She can't return in jail, she knows she won't get out for many decade for all the problem she caused in town.

Since that day, Lysaro can't smile anymore. She swear to find the Miss M. and kill her. She left the orphanage and begin to survive by herself in the slum of baldur's gate. She steal food without getting caught and do other small job to get money. She acquire some weapon and succeed to steal thief tool to a thief. Which give her a lot of confidence. The thief guild leader find her and take her with him. She was offer and secure place to stay and she was fed correctly. But she must work for them. Days passed and the works began to change as a hobby. She take pleasure in the burglar world and began to get a reputation in the guild univers. As her mentor says: "If you're doing something wrong, do it right! Always be prepared for the worst.
She always looks for that mysterious woman, gaining more talent in her deadly talent. She do a lot of contract of infiltrating and getting information. From time to time blackmail people or ultimately kill them and she like to make it like an accident. She lie to get what she wants when she want it. When she need medical treatment, she met the young cleric at the church. She search the city for that woman eveytime she is out for mission. No downtime planned for her until it's done.

Last edited by Mephiska; Nov 18th, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sylmaer

Name: Sylmaer
Race: Sun Elf (aka High Elf)
Class: Fighter (aiming for Eldritch Knight, might switch to Bladesinger if the party has no proper spellcasters if accepted)
Alignment: True Neutral
Personality: Cold but polite exterior, bitter and depressed interior, seeking approval and validation. Whether he'll save himself through friendship and opens up or embrace his darker desires is to be seen. Sometimes his emotions and deep seated rage might get better of him, particularly in battle, and sometimes he might grow meek and shy at shows of affection.
Appearance: A tall but slim high elf with long golden hair and deep green eyes often ascribed to people of his race, but with none of the charm or beauty, his face gaunt and scarred with the eyes sunken deep and surrounded by dark circles making his age hard to guess. Will often prefer bright clothing, white with yellow and gold elements in particular, painting certain arcane symbols on his armor using the same colors. These are often picked to go with his only prized possession, a white and gold painted helmet that once symbolized his lost order.
Goal: To find a new home and a place that will accept him, or to make them if they refuse to. To master the skills he was told he was too weak to possess proving dead men wrong, and to reestablish the Order or the Golden Tear.
Hometown: An unnamed monastery, once located in the High Forest and hidden from the other inhabitants of the region by the means of old magic, now destroyed.
Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by SinnerBeta; Nov 20th, 2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 423
pydrokan pydrokan pydrokan pydrokan pydrokan
I alao have interest, would it be ok if I post it till Saturday or was I too late?

Ravalla Lafarin - West Marches | Beraan Daeron - The Map House - Herald & Crest
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 07:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
As long as you have declared interest I’m fine with the app itself being posted Saturday.

Old Nov 18th, 2020, 02:37 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Surprisingly I found some time today to write my application, so here it is! It's finished
Gustaav Meliora
right-aligned image

Name: Gustaav Meliora
Race: Human
Class: Bard (probably College of Lore)
Alignment: neutral good

Personality:
There’s more to life than just living. Experiences are what make people whole and those experiences I seek. I want to learn about myself, about others, about the world and its secrets. In my youth I was content with what I had, but I did not see what I had not. This time I cannot get back, so my future I have to use well. I saw that often people need help and with my music and magic, sometimes I can help them emotionally, sometimes practically. This is, what gives me a good feeling and leads me on a path to happiness.

Appearance:
At the city gates of Baldur’s Gate were two guards standing as a relatively tall, slender man appeared in fine clothes, with just a small backpack on his shoulders and a violin in his hand. "Looks wealthy, who’s that guy? Look at his clothes!" As he came nearer, the guards could see fine brown cloth pants and black leather boots. He was also wearing a well-kept brown leather coat with a colourful red-white shirt underneath. His hair was short and tousled and he also had a small beard unter his nose, well trimmed. As he approached the guards, he stared at them with his deep brown eyes. "Is this Baldur’s Gate, the political powder-keg?"

Backstory:
„I’ll tell you the story that made me to the man I am today. Listen well and try to relive the emotions felt in my musical interpretations I will present along.
I was born in a wealthy family, I had one older brother, two younger sisters. In our life we had everything we ever wanted. Never we had to calculate how long our supplies would last for if they were empty we simply bought new ones. At the age of six my father sent me to a master violinist and I had lessons with him over the next 10 years. I was good, very good, I also was good in school. Suffice it to say, I had everything one could dream of.“ (happy and fast piece of music playing)

„At the age of 21 it was that I met her. The blooming rose in the garden of dead plants, the violin bow to my instrument, Celine Ravelle. She was a humble girl coming from ordinary circumstances. We met in a garden near the house I lived in and one could say it was love at first sight. Often we met in the garden, went for long walks in the sunset. She came to my house and the cooks of my family prepared wonderful meals in a candlelight ambience. Soon I asked her if she wanted to become my wife, and she said yes. It was MY dream, coming true.“ (fast intense piece of music playing)

„Three weeks until the wedding, everything was prepared and I could no longer wait, we met in the garden and she said to me. „Gustaav, I must confess that I have found another, a humble house carpenter to whom my heart belongs. I am deeply grieved.“ A shock. I stood up and asked my rose. „What does this house carpenter have that I have not?“ She also stood up and gave me an answer. „He has something under his skin, he has goals, he has problems, he has something in his heart.“ „And that was the moment grieve struck me.“ (sad and slow piece of music playing)

„Over the next few months I was depressed, I let myself go and one evening I sat on my balcony and placed a slow piece of music I will present to you soon. Everything I gave into this tune, my heart, my soul, my tears. It was then that I recognized that with my music playing, the rotten rose on my balcony began to bloom again, like magic. I looked into it, I tried it and I saw that with my music, with my emotions I can do stuff a lot of other musicians can not. You can convince yourself of it.“ (slow, emotional piece of music, suddenly the illusion of a rose appears next to the bard)
„No longer I could stand seeing the house carpenter and my love together, so I decided to seek my fortune elsewhere, find others that can do magic with their instruments, learn from them and improve myself, in many ways. Thank you.“ (thoughtful piece of music and applause)

As the bard left the stage, the blooming rose just disappeared.

RP Sample:
After his performance in the small tavern, Gustaav made his way out of the tavern through the back door, because this time his scene touched him emotionally. It was some years ago now that Celine decided she would take another man, but today he was emotional. Maybe he was a bit tired from the journey to this city.
As he wandered the streets, he came by a bakery so he decided to eat something and bought some pastries. Moving further along the streets, he saw two tall guys standing in front of a small boy and it looked like they wanted to hit him. Or take him by force? "Excuse me, but what seems to be the problem here?" the bard interrupted the two bullies. "Don’t know why you should be concerned by that, bean-pole." "He’s just a small boy, what could he have done? Let him go, or I have to interrupt, gentle man.", Gustaav said with a stern smile, holding his violin at the ready.

Suddenly the two big men began to run towards the bard and he just started to play his violin. A slow,gentle piece of music echoing through the streets. As he played his piece of music the two approaching men slowed down… and slowed down… and slowed down… until they just fell and loud snoring could be heard. Only Gustaav knew that the notes he played filled with his intentions used the magic that surrounded them all and bowed the sluggers to his will.
"Thank you kind sir! Thank you very much!", the kid said. Gustaav smiled and answered. "No problem, boy. But be careful in the future. I’m sure these are dangerous times… in a dangerous place…" The boy stared at him, then blinked and joked. "This city is like hell sir. Welcome to hell!"

Last edited by pydrokan; Nov 18th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 01:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Now closed to new applications, I will make final decisions Saturday. Anyone who has declared interest or has an app in-flight is welcome to finish by then.

Old Nov 18th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 183
Goldmyr Goldmyr
Good luck everyone
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Good luck to all also from my side!

Old Nov 18th, 2020, 03:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Gghf!

Last edited by SinnerBeta; Nov 18th, 2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 535
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Good luck, all. Whomever is picked, I'm sure it'll be a fun game!
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4412
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Yep, good luck all!
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 11:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 888
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
A lot of great characters here, good luck to everyone!