Shadowrun [6E] Stormy Waters: Dark Nights - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 11th, 2020, 12:13 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 398
Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles
You’ll have to wait and see mwuah hah hah
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3472
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Double Tap in the Free Seattle campaign is a gunslinger adept. Basically, it’s cheaper to get magic at Priority D and use adjustment points to raise it to 6. That way you get 6 power points. Qi focuses are also relatively cheap in Nuyen for those powers that you don’t need all the time like Astral Perception or Traceless Walk.

Hiruma, by my reading, that's not true...which is what's confusing me. The character generation rules state that power points are equal to 'unadjusted' Magic, which would imply that if you take Magic as Priority A, then you can have no greater than 4 power points at creation. The exception would be if you paid karma to Initiate (which seems to be possible now?), which you could then take the perk that gives you another power point.

But then under the Adepts, the text seems to state that your power points are equal to your Magic score all the time, and if it goes up or down, your power points do too.

So I don't know. I'm not going to try to deal with it, lol...
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Found this on another forum: Toronto travel guide made with 30 Nights in mind. I’ve not looked at it yet so don’t know whether it’s useful but here you go:

Episode 1:
https://youtu.be/CsZ20Y_36mc

Episode 2:
https://youtu.be/crufWtT094E

Episode 3:
https://youtu.be/ktIORCSVj9Q

@SalmonMax: will address the adepts thing in a bit, pretty sure I’ve got my head around it and the second printing of the rules!
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 01:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Oh, there's a second printing that clarifies it? Cool! I'll look forward to seeing that.

Thanks!
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 02:27 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jan 2020 is the latest version. Adepts get power points equal to magic and can use adjustment points to increase magic. Mysads can use adjustment points to increase magic but only get power points based on their initial magic priority selection (and need to sacrifice those to get spells at char gen)

In the wiki on my Obsidian Portal page there are some examples of various adepts as I’m slightly obsessed by them and have been for years : https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianp...hive-of-adepts

The excel generator should help with creating adepts too...

Last edited by Arialles; Nov 11th, 2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11
Alrician
Yesterday I only discovered the 6th-edition troll-metavariants in the English rule system (Ingentis athlete) and turned Porterhouse into a Fomorian. I hope you agree. Trolls seemed a bit underrepresented to me in this team. In addition, employment at Ares and age reduced and doctorate removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arialles View Post
In the wiki on my Obsidian Portal page there are some examples of various adepts as Iím slightly obsessed by them and have been for years : https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianp...hive-of-adepts
Impressive!
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 07:13 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrician View Post

Impressive!
Thank you

And no problem with a Formorian... although youíll stand out a bit, literally
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:25 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
At chargen, do spells come from karma or Magic Attribute? I used adjustment points to bump Magic to 6, and could easily come up with about 18 or 20 points karma for spells, if needed. The only thing I saw was that they cost 5 karma each.

Gave my character a little bit of astral, even though it's hard to imagine in character how that helps. As a player though, it might be good for recon. Maybe the doctor had a bit of deep weed once.

Last edited by TADHG; Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Add ed last paragraph.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 01:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Interesting. Well, in that case I'll re-examine the adept idea I was developing. Thanks for cluing me into the rule change!
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 04:01 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alrician
Quote:
Originally Posted by TADHG View Post
At chargen, do spells come from karma or Magic Attribute? I used adjustment points to bump Magic to 6, and could easily come up with about 18 or 20 points karma for spells, if needed. The only thing I saw was that they cost 5 karma each.
Both. You get unadjusted Magic-Rating times 2 spells "for free", in your case (Priority B - 4 Magic) it should be 8 spells. During chargen you can buy additional spells with Karma for 5 each. Later on it will also be 5 Karma + Nuyen (2000?) + learning time.

From a max-min-perspective changing Magic and Race priority would save you some Karma but it should not matter in the long run. Even more, if physical attributes do not have a high priority for your concept.

I tend to do Priority B-Magic for early awakened or even magical active born chars and Priority D-Magic for late awakened ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TADHG View Post
Gave my character a little bit of astral, even though it's hard to imagine in character how that helps. As a player though, it might be good for recon. Maybe the doctor had a bit of deep weed once.
I don't see any reason, why this wouldn't help in- and out-character. Seeing the essence loss would help deciding to pre-edge your healing roll and spell. Ingame something similar fluffy would be known and practiced in awakened-medicine routine. "Uhh. This one is heavily chromed.. lets see how much flesh is left and if his front-up deposit covers using some reagents."

Last edited by Alrician; Nov 12th, 2020 at 04:54 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I think by RAW you aren't allowed to buy spells with karma at char gen but as that seems silly to me I'll update the house rules so that you can...

Oh, and commlinks get boosted as Banshee's matrix FAQ and PANs can be networked...and probably his other suggestions too (he is the author of the matrix chapter after all!

Banshee's Matrix FAQ

Last edited by Arialles; Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:04 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 10:32 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alrician
Do you allow "analytical mind" edge-generation be gained during drain-resistance? The German corerulebook excluded this type of logic-base tests.

And can you clarify the minor-action per initiative-dice houserule? Official Rule is 1 Major and 1 Minor action PLUS 1 Minor action per initiative dice. But not more than 5 Minor Actions.
Your houserule: Also 1 Major + 1 Minor + 1 Minor per dice up to 1 Major + 6 Minor (with 5 Ini-Dice)? OR 1 Major + 1 Minor per dice up to 1 Major + 5 Minor (with 5 Ini-Dice)?

Last edited by Alrician; Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:36 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I propose Analytical Mind works on skill tests that involve Logic rather than all tests that involve logic.

Minor actions is 1 +1/D to a maximum of 6 minors rather than max 5
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 09:08 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Liking the looks of the applications so far, still plenty of time to finesse them and start on stats... there haven't been hundreds so assume you'll all be involved ...and for anyone lurking there is still space, this game has scope for a large team, it's a big city to search after all

We have a game thread <here> and a character repository <here>... any karma reward for inputting character data on Obsidian Portal will also apply if you put it here (mainly as OP is running out of space for new image files and this site handles them well). I can then hyperlink these posts on OP so they can be found there too...

...now I need to go and finesse the opening ICs

Last edited by Arialles; Nov 13th, 2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 04:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Question!

If an adept Initiates, their maximum Magic goes up by 1 per Initiation rank. If they spend the karma to increase their Magic, do they get another power point even if they don't take the Power Point metamagic?

Hup! Nevermind, re-read first post and you make it clear there. Buying Magic up with Karma (for adepts) does gain a power point.

Thanks!

Last edited by SalmonMax; Nov 13th, 2020 at 05:03 PM.