Shadowrun [6E] Stormy Waters: Dark Nights - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 13th, 2020, 05:47 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11
Alrician
I am still experimenting a little with pictures. Unfortunately, I'm not someone who quickly photoshops a few horns.

How do I get pictures with higher resolution into the post?
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Just mentioning that my stats are complete, they're in a spoiler below the opening.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 11:18 PM
The power of Grumpy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1724
estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arialles View Post

Oh, and commlinks get boosted as Banshee's matrix FAQ and PANs can be networked...and probably his other suggestions too (he is the author of the matrix chapter after all!

Banshee's Matrix FAQ
Interesting... I'd say his clarification on protecting your PAN (Slaved, and Networking) is very helpful, and with the boosted commlinks, means you might be able to stop a decker from bricking all your hardware... or at least make him work for it.

Makes me want to play a decker now
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 01:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3472
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Yeah, I was really tempted to try a technomancer in the new rules, now that programs are complex forms instead of submersion echoes.

MUCH better deal.

But still, adepts are pretty interesting too. If you sink enough Karma into it, you can start with a lot of power points.

Also, I'm having a LOT of trouble making this spreadsheet character calculator work. It'll take forever to load to about 50% and then just stall out. Is there an updated version of it or anything?

Last edited by SalmonMax; Nov 14th, 2020 at 02:17 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 04:55 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 398
Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Also, I'm having a LOT of trouble making this spreadsheet character calculator work. It'll take forever to load to about 50% and then just stall out. Is there an updated version of it or anything?
You should be able to download a copy of the excel file from the link, if not feel free to PM me an email address and I can send you a copy!
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 11:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Yes, I downloaded it. Sorry, I should have specified. It's the downloaded file that's having this issue.

I am using Open Office to try to view it, since I don't have MS Office.

Okay, LibreOffice can open it. We're good. Thanks!

Last edited by SalmonMax; Nov 14th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ah good. Maybe Open Office was struggling with some of the coding/formatting... I don’t pretend to understand it all myself, had much help
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 03:31 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
I've started with Obsidian Portal. User names Bones_Campbell. Cannot use the Excel file from my phone, because I don't get to see the tabs. I will endeavor to complete it at work, but don't have the necessary authorisation to save anything on their hard drives. I can open the link though, and see the tabs.

Last edited by TADHG; Nov 14th, 2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 05:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sent you an invite to the OP campaign page
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Are we supposed to post characters to Obsidian Portal as well as here?
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Betabeta Betabeta
@salmon, @tadhg I've found the character spreadsheet works fine in Google docs, if that is an option for you. (Also it isn't mandatory, but it sure makes life easier)
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 06:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Name: Juno Reyes
Handle: Casper
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Specialization: Combat/Stealth Adept
Description: A slim, athletic latina woman with mocha skin, deep dark eyes, and dark brown hair with a sidecut. She looks to be in her early 20's of age, and just a little tall for her build at about 5' 8". She dresses casually, favoring well-worn jeans and t-shirts or tanktops, with an old synthleather jacket. At least when off duty.

Personality:
Juno is trying really hard to live up to the legacy she's found herself a part of, to be responsible and professional and competent. It's complicated by the fact that she's still got some growing up to do, and a big part of her just likes chilling and hanging out and scrapping and being the kid she used to be. Despite the hard times her family's fallen to, she deeply respects her dad and the struggles he's lived through...even if she sometimes doesn't show it. Beyond that, Juno finds 'real' shadowrunners to be kind of intimidating, but it's her nature to try to meet scary things head on. Ever since she went 'pro,' Juno's been nosing around the rumors and stories of legendary runners, hoping to learn from the best. One of these days maybe she will...if her temper and stubbornness don't get her killed first.

Background:
Juno wasn't raised by elves or amerindians or Awakened parents who recognized her potential early and nurtured and trained her. She was raised by her mother when she was young and her dad was in the UCAS military. When her mom became collateral damage in a shootout down the block, her father got himself discharged at any cost so he could come home and take care of her. Unfortunately, that limited his job prospects, like, a lot. For awhile they coasted on the little savings they had, but then it was time to downsize and move to a rougher neighborhood. Down there folks weren't as picky about military records, and Hector Reyes got himself a job. Pay wasn't great, so Juno helped out when and where she could.

In the process of helping out she bumped shoulders with a gang that seemed different and maybe even kinda cool. They'd adopted mesoamerican artistic styles and were largely composed of people with Mexican and Central American ancestry. At first Juno felt like there was kind of a 'finding her roots' thing going on there. Once she got deeper in though, things took a darker turn. The leaders of the gangs took some of the old Aztec, Incan and Mayan rites a little too close to heart it seemed...right up to the occasional human sacrifice. That wasn't okay with Juno, so she tried to slip out...in the process having to fight her way through a few of them that were watching the door. During that fight she thought she saw someone watching her, but when she went over to look as she made her escape, no one was there. That night though, she was visited in her dream by that same man...bronze-skinned and angular-faced, with some kind of tattoo or markings around his face and arms. Somehow both old looking and young looking. They spoke of many things in the dream.

It was the first of several visits by what Juno came to know as a powerful spirit of wisdom and strength, a wise warrior who had been suitably impressed by her actions that night. Strong enough not to give in to what she knew was wrong, wise enough not to fight foolishly or in a futile gesture of defiance. And he sensed in her a strong power sleeping. Under his guidance, Juno learned to send herself into the astral plane, where she and the warrior could speak more clearly, interact more directly. There he could train her. A thin thread of blood connected her to the priest-kings of old, to the savage magic that had carved an empire out of unforgiving jungles... Together they ignited that spark and fanned it to a flame.

For all his training and tutelage though, the wise warrior could give Juno little guidance about how to use this new strength. The mortal world had fallen far from the spirits, and she would have to find her own path. Trust her instincts, trust her heart, and find her calling. Fortunately one of her friends knew a guy who could set her up with a guy they knew who might have just the job for someone like her...

Juno hasn't been in the shadows long now. She's had a few jobs; enough to get situated with some gear, and to meet some people who are willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Story Hook:
Juno was getting into the gang culture before she pulled out, and still has some friends who are in there. She's likely not going to be overly gung-ho about reckless casualties!
Her dad is still a wageslave, slowly getting older and less firm. He's a tough old codger, but that can only take you so far.

Last edited by SalmonMax; Nov 21st, 2020 at 04:06 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 06:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Are we supposed to post characters to Obsidian Portal as well as here?
One or the other, I don’t mind which. If you choose here I can always put a hyperlink on OP. Let me know if anyone wants an invite to the OP page with your username

Here’s the thread again if you want to store them on RPGX https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=200357 there are two characters there already

Last edited by Arialles; Nov 14th, 2020 at 07:14 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 09:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yep! I shall move Juno there once I'm done with the writeup. Thanks!
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11
Alrician
Does anyone want to make a loose acquaintance in advance? Nothing worked out or played out. Perhaps the runners only know each other from common activities or hobbies? Maybe they were drinking something? Talk to each other by their first names (the fake ID) when they are private .. something like that.