Shadowrun [6E] Stormy Waters: Dark Nights - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 6 8 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 16th, 2020, 06:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2003
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Applicant Bio
right-aligned image

Name/Handle: Gabrielle DeJanete aka “Screech”
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Specialization: Face adept/Networker
Description: 5’8” 130 lbs, pale skin, green eyes, Pink Hair held back by a pair of rider goggles, red leather dress over a long sleeved white blouse, yellow leather gloves, blue leather pants, cobalt blue combat guitar axe.

Personality: Loud party girl who stars as the lead singer and guitarist for a rock band called “Birds of a Feather” and they certainly do rock together. He cheerful if somewhat flirty demeanor is enough to make your sweet tooth hurt. Speaking of hurt, everyone knows that she flies under the rule of the white hat motto, but don’t take that as her being a pushover. Any groupie that gets too handsy gets laid out by just one swing of her battle hardened guitar. It won’t kill ya, but it’ll leave a headache for a couple of days. Whether it’s as a distraction or celebrating a victory, she always has a song to sing. Proud to a fault sometimes, but it has won over many an influential contact over the years. Her typical go to is getting chummy with the local gang leaders. She’s even been called in as an objective mediator once or twice when too many people were getting killed on both sides of a gang war.

Background: Screech grew up the daughter of a couple wageslaves for a textile company in Toronto. It was barely enough to get by. Holidays were usually a trip to the local park or watching a fireworks show from the roof of their apartment building. Gabrielle was fine with that for the most part. She wasn’t too happy as the years crept closer to when she would be forced to follow in her parents’ footsteps. One day walking around the neighborhood, she saw a beat up guitar in a trash can. She fished it out and cleaned it up. Some duct tape here and some glue there made it playable enough to make music. She learned how to play from watching trids of music videos. She got good enough that she took to the streets. Playing old rock songs on the side of the road didn’t bring in a lot of nuyen, but it was more than she had before while also giving her an outlet to rage against the machine as it were. She got better and people started to turn off the AR and listen.

Her voice and determined personality commanded attention and a subtle authority to those who listened. One night, she awoke to a feeling of static discharge coursing over her body. Standing on the railing at the foot of her bed was a bird spirit of thunder and lightning. It spread its wings to show off its majesty. [COLOR="Blue"]”I am the thunder that commands all to look up to the heavens. I am the lightning that pierces the dark. I am the storm that cannot be stopped. I am Thunderwing. Your spirit and drive have caught my attention which does not happen very often. You could be great. You have a voice and passion that shouts to the hearts of many. Kneel and I might give you the power to become great.”

She stood up on her bed in defiance and stared down the spirit. ”I bow to nobody!”The large let out a small chuckle. ”Very good...” The spirit sent many volts of electricity from its mighty wings into the girl who helplessly floated in the air spasming in uncontrollable muscle movements. The flow stopped, and the girl fell to the bed in a heap. When she looked up, the spirit was gone. Her parents rushed into the room and held her close. ”Gabrielle, are you ok? Looks like you had a nightmare.” A wide grin formed on the girl’s lips. ”Never felt better.”

After that night, her performances were more outspoken and confident. Her Matrix presence increased as audience members broadcasted her live performances. Credsticks were dropped in her hat at the end of the performance. Greed saw its opportunity as a young male ork ganger snatched her hat full of Nuyen and took off. He didn’t make it five steps before she had bashed him unconscious over the back of the head with her guitar sending pieces of shattered instrument flying. She screeched in defiance and rage at his unconscious form before snatching up her hat and well deserved money. The crowd went wild yelling ‘Screech! Screech! Screech!’. This Screech was born.

Bookings came easy and fast after that. Some legit while some were more for gang rallies who loved the violence. Being the socialite she was, it was easy to make new friends and contacts wherever she went. Her circle expanded even into the Shadows. Fixers liked someone who could talk her way past a guard or take him out just as easily. Some teams would bring her along as a negotiator for meets with Johnson’s who weren’t particularly the best at working well with others. She was respected and valued for her brutality without actually taking a life. Her saying was that it was hard for someone to bow or shout to her glory if they were dead.

Story Hook: While she was doing a solo tour in Seattle when things got dark, she lost contact with her old band mates Birds of a Feather. She wishes to find out if they are ok.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; Nov 20th, 2020 at 04:30 AM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 06:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrician View Post
Does anyone want to make a loose acquaintance in advance? Nothing worked out or played out. Perhaps the runners only know each other from common activities or hobbies? Maybe they were drinking something? Talk to each other by their first names (the fake ID) when they are private .. something like that.
Sure. Her Mentor spirit is Thunderbird and she is a rocker to the core. She was born and raised in Toronto, but has traveled on tour to Seattle many times and performed many private shows. Perhaps as a birthday performance for one of Feather or one of the other two major contacts we get for free? Since we all have three of the same contacts, it likely we could have been on a job together before.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11
Alrician
Having done a run together sounds good. We don't have to specify that yet, maybe there will be an opportunity to develop the whole thing retrospectively around the campfire in Toronto, while we enjoy a devilrat BBQ.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Betabeta Betabeta
Eh, fixers will bring in who they feel appropriate, and the principal in this one is a sort of technodiviner (not the right term, but good enough) who might have insight into particular runners who should be sought out, so it is super easy to justify being brought together for the job. Nothing wrong with some/most/all characters knowing each other, but also not necessary.

FWIW Echo is Seattle based, fairly new to running shadows, and likely will be training from the end of the current run until this one starts, but could have met people at a concert or something.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 10:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I was hoping for my character to be a Toronto native and present when the Blackout happened. Which explains why she doesn’t really have any tech on her besides her guitar which is her weapon focus. Check out No Future in the Instruments of Death section.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 10:35 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Quote:
Does anyone want to make a loose acquaintance in advance? Nothing worked out or played out. Perhaps the runners only know each other from common activities or hobbies? Maybe they were drinking something? Talk to each other by their first names (the fake ID) when they are private .. something like that.
Maybe Bones likes to go dancing.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 04:11 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alrician
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betabeta View Post
Eh, fixers will bring in who they feel appropriate, and the principal in this one is a sort of technodiviner (not the right term, but good enough) who might have insight into particular runners who should be sought out, so it is super easy to justify being brought together for the job. Nothing wrong with some/most/all characters knowing each other, but also not necessary.
I don't see it as absolutely necessary either. I just thought it was more likely that so many runners with the same fixer had run into each other beforehand.
This gives Feather (in case Screech is already at Toronto) the opportunity to say: "I have a contact in Toronto that you already know." But I don't really want to anticipate the GMs plan.

@Hiruma Kohaku: Could the following situation be imaginable for you: You had a spontaneous gig at an illegal suburban brawl a while ago. Feather had just as spontaneously put Porterhouse (who did urgently need Nuyen) in charge of you as security.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 06:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Screech is always welcoming of an entourage . Besides it’s only illegal if you get caught. I see it as one more stop in Screech’s whirlwind tour. Every good fight needs a theme song. Screech starts playing a guitar version of Mortal Kombat
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 07:53 AM
The power of Grumpy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1724
estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling
Quote:
FX is open to having met or otherwise run with others before. He was (up to the start of the game at least) based out of the Orc Underground and thus is a Seattle Native, but runners can go anywhere.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 09:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 398
Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles
We've got 4 characters linked in the PC thread... so thank you. Still a week or so for the other 3 to catch up (and provided you've given me a name and a rough description I'm happy for stats to follow later, although before D start getting thrown about please)...
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 09:43 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
Ghrimm Ghrimm
Knighthawk's background is with the Wildcats and based out of Denver. He is fairly new to the shadows of Seattle but I am open to making connections.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alrician
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrimm View Post
Knighthawk's background is with the Wildcats and based out of Denver. He is fairly new to the shadows of Seattle but I am open to making connections.
At Knighthawk, I've been speculating a bit.
Porterhouse lives under the fake ID of an assistant professor at the Pacific University of Tacoma (the filthy daughter of Seattle Univ.). I imagine that he gives evening courses in "astral threads" and "spirits" for security forces and those interested. Maybe that's where you get to know each other? P. is more of the opinion "everyone should stay in the metaplane where they belong". Depending on how social Knighthawk is, they might have discussed this over a beer. In addition, P. also has an almost exclusively military background.
It would be even funnier if neither knew of the other that he is a runner.

Last edited by Alrician; Nov 17th, 2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 11:22 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
Ghrimm Ghrimm
His skill with spirits is high enough that I could see him being consulted, especially as regards the shamantic take on them. A military connection could have put them in touch. And I like the idea of not knowing about the shadow work, as it certainly wouldn't come up in normal conversation.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 12:55 PM
The power of Grumpy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1724
estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arialles View Post
We've got 4 characters linked in the PC thread... so thank you. Still a week or so for the other 3 to catch up (and provided you've given me a name and a rough description I'm happy for stats to follow later, although before D start getting thrown about please)...
FX is up on the PC thread... Still expanding on things but he is getting there
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 398
Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles
Initial IC is up but I’m not intending to start the game properly until the 23rd... feel free to post though or ask questions in the OoC