DnD5e Map House - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 9th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16020
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming23 View Post
Updated my application. Would you like full character sheets written up?
@Lemming23 - I updated my app with some of our characters past history. Feel free to let me know if I need to change something, or add info to it.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 01:49 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1954
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@Lemming23 - I updated my app with some of our characters past history. Feel free to let me know if I need to change something, or add info to it.
Looks great to me! Aww, Orderic feels so accepted, getting a hug from Caphius.

He's also completely accepting of the role of student under Caphius, so he will immediately fall silent when the ranger
tells him to. If anything, Orderic tends to do so a lot with someone he respects, more through a lack of confidence in his own skills and recognition that others have a greater mastery and knowledge rather than through humility, and even in those cases when he actually has a superior knowledge.

Playing: Letholdus, Halfling Cleric; Orderic, Half Elf Bard;
Snick-R-DDL-1, Troubleshooter. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 02:51 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6209
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming23 View Post
Would you like full character sheets written up?
Not necessarily, but if anyone has them, they’re welcome to link to them. I’ll probably not look at them until selections are made.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2934
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Vargo
right-aligned image

Name: Vargo Templeton III
Race: Human, Variant
Class: Bloodhunter
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Vargo is typical human. He stands 6ft and he has a wiry build. Not bulky and muscular like the average bounty hunter. He keeps his brown hair cut short for easy maintenance. He has brown eyes and his face is well worn for one of only a tad over twenty five seasons. He carries a rapier and a special hand crossbow with carvings of demons and undead in red and black.

Personality: Vargo is a friendly man, but seems haunted and therefore not much of a conversationalist. Spends a lot of time quietly in self retrospection over the past which others take as brooding. He is loyal to friends. He believes his destiny is to eliminate any undead, fey and fiends that he comes across. It is the only thing that really gets him riled up quickly even if just talking about them. It is obviously a touching subject for him.

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Personality: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.
Ideal: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: Someone I loved died because of I mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw: If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it.

Backstory: Vargo lived with his wife and child in the outskirts of town. He was employed in the local watch. Life was typical life with small ups and downs, until one night the town was attacked by a Vampire and his minions. Many people died that night including Vargo’s wife and son. He somehow survived. He had felt so totally helpless trying to stop the invaders, having no clue how to kill a Vampire or the other undead. He failed his family.

After that night Vargo vowed to learn everything he could about fighting undead and fiends. He spent several years training and fighting to better his craft. It still wasn't enough. In his grief and his thirst for vengeance, he went so far as to join an order of Blood hunters. After months of training and tutelage he was ready to go through the painful ceremony to become one.

Since then for the last two years he has been making a small, but notable name for himself as a successful hunter of monsters and particularly undead. This is what brought him to the attention of the house.

Position: Safe Keeper

Last edited by Clawsome; Nov 9th, 2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Would you allow an Urd character? I have an idea for an Urd who grew up in the underdark under the influence if the mighty Mauzkill Jaezred. Because of his influence and power over a wide area in the underdark it caused a fair number of "mutations" in those under his influence.
This Urd would be a soulknife rogue. I just want to know if you're alright with both of those options.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3135
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Well DM, my app is now completed.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishKatt View Post
Would you allow an Urd character? I have an idea for an Urd who grew up in the underdark under the influence if the mighty Mauzkill Jaezred. Because of his influence and power over a wide area in the underdark it caused a fair number of "mutations" in those under his influence.
This Urd would be a soulknife rogue. I just want to know if you're alright with both of those options.
Sorry, no kobolds (winged or no). No UA subclasses.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6539
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Oh, this looks awesome! Placeholder!
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 01:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
I will try to get something in too . . . just finished a short run with a 4th level gloomstalker ghostwise halfling slinger (the only survivor of the run!) and would like to explore him a bit more if you are okay with that. The other possibility I have been playing with is a Warforged Sorcerer. I will get something up probably this coming weekend.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6625
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I'm sorry but I have to withdraw callabrass. Sorry and good hinting.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 02:01 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
I will try to get something in too . . . just finished a short run with a 4th level gloomstalker ghostwise halfling slinger (the only survivor of the run!) and would like to explore him a bit more if you are okay with that. The other possibility I have been playing with is a Warforged Sorcerer. I will get something up probably this coming weekend.
If you're okay with the halfling's previous experiences not necessarily being canon, that'd be totally fine. Congrats on surviving!
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 02:01 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
I'm sorry but I have to withdraw callabrass. Sorry and good hinting.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Roton Sternspear
right-aligned image

Role Applied For: Safekeepers - The Bodyguard

Character name: Roton Sternspear

Race: Human

Class: Fighter - Champion

Background: Folk Hero

Apperance: Roton is a young man fresh off his teenage years into the genesis of adulthood. Standing at above average height, his body frame is athletic and lean, the epitome of peak physical condition. His skin is dark. His eyes are brown. His hair is short, black and kinky. He dresses simply, a reflection of his humble beginnings as the son of a potter, typically wearing a loose shirt, a pair of baggy breeches and cloth wrappings for shoes.

Backstory: Roton comes from a small village of Phandalin where his father was a potter. Growing up, his father taught him the trade and he would assist him in doing pottery work for his fellow villagers. When he was not doing pottery work, he would practice fighting with some of the adventurers that would visit the village from time to time. Over time, they discovered that he was really good. At the age of 14, he was sent away to receive more formal training at Waterdeep. While training he befriended a Halfling that ran a trading post that he would purchase items from. They became good friends, so much so that he taught him the Halfling language. 4 years later when he returned, he discovered that a group of bandits had taken up residence in his town and were causing trouble. He fought off all the bandits, defeated them and forced them to leave. This made him a hero in Phandalin.

Having saving his town, Roton decided to strike out on his own offering his services for hire as a bodyguard and a trained man of arms. His travels have brought him all throughout The Sword Coast serving as bodyguards for merchants, hired help for Wizards seeking strange artifacts in ruins and dungeons all over the Sword Coast. He's spent time in Voonlar with a group of adventurers known as The Quorum. Now he finds himself in the employment of The Map House, keeping an eye out for danger while his companions chart new areas, find items or engage in other tasks that the organization deems beneficial.

Roton still has a strong bond to his family despite his travels and he sends a portion of his earnings back to Phandalin to help support them.

Alignment: Neutral Good

2 Personality Traits: Roton despises bullies and those who take advantage of the weak and he will do whatever it takes to put them in their place. He doesn't care so much for what someone says, more important is what they do.

Ideals: Roton was raised to be very respectful especially to his elders.

Bonds: Roton loves his family and his small village, Phandalin. He plans to sends money back there to help support them.

Flaws: Roton is young and naive. He thinks things will just work out just because he believes they will and this can get him into trouble.

Last edited by TomBombadil; Nov 11th, 2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16020
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Added character sheet link to App.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Esquire Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2399
Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec
Completed.

Gestalt Offenhaus
Role Applied For: Cartographer
right-aligned image

Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Lawful Good
Appearance: Gestalt's kind face and demeanor sometimes invite would-be aggressors to attempt to take advantage of him. When they do, they discover the mace Gestalt stows under the acolyte's robes. Gestalt is a few inches shy of six feet and has an average build made stronger through his practice with maces. He keeps himself and his garb fairly clean — not from self-admiration but his daily meditative routines. His ears peak slightly, advertising his half-elf ancestry but with his hood up, he fades into obscurity in crowds of humans.

Personality Trait: I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them, and always working toward peace.
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.

Backstory: Gestalt's first memory is of townsfolk walking past him and his mother on the Silverymoon streets, begging for alms. The rest of his memories were of the priests. He spent his formative years and young adulthood training to join the fold at the Temple of the Sovereign Host in Silverymoon after his mother disappeared from the alleyway they called home at night. Gestalt was found wandering the streets after hours and given to the priests of the Sovereign Host for safe-keeping until they could locate his mother.

She never came. Rather than send him to the orphanage, the priests cared for him, shaping him into one of their own. The boy proved eager to learn and to help others, which became his downfall. After Gestalt began training in providing private confessional services to those who entered the temple, the priests began hearing rumors of his slipping out at night and providing extra services to those whom the city trampled over. When approached, Gestalt admitted to leaving the temple at night to help those in need. After a threat of expulsion from the temple, Gestalt promised he would cease his vigilantism and dedicate himself completely to the policies of the temple.

Then came the winter night when a bloodied woman rushed into the temple seeking asylum. Though the priests begged Gestalt not to take action against the thugs that attacked her family, the young Half-Elf was too impassioned to stop himself. When Gestalt returned with blood on his hands, there was no choice but to excommunicate him from the temple.

Gestalt worked odd jobs here and there to make an honest living. Though he still volunteered his charitable work after his priesthood, he found himself in less of a position to do good. Seeking some direction, some purpose, he found himself gainfully employed by the Map House as a cartographer. His clerical work lent itself well to the work — transcribing temple teachings was easy to transform into accounting for the Map House's various doing. Gestalt found a new passion in his new role. However, at night Gestalt often thought of what more he could do to rid his community of those who would trample it.

Last edited by Lashiec; Nov 17th, 2020 at 11:25 PM.