PF-1e War of the Burning Sky - Application office is close! - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 9th, 2020, 08:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1057
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
Oh I am sorry. For some reason, my brain crossed the RP points and attribute point buy. I'll adjust the concept to fall within limits. Thanks for pointing out my blunder. On a slightly different note, do you have a list of the major 8 temples in the city? I read the city description but didn't see them detailed.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26819
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Thanks for asking, i will elaborate on religions, PoP was asking as well.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 09:20 PM
Peek-a-boo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11358
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Moon - I would love to join this game if I can shake together an application of high enough caliber. I'll have to do a lot more reading and thinking and see what moves my heart and soul. I am thinking a cleric because, funny as it is, I actually have never played one.

+

Last edited by Chrystrom; Nov 15th, 2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 09:26 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4251
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
How are race relations in Gate Pass, Mooney? I noticed the halfies are way less populace than the full bloods.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 09:49 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
How are race relations in Gate Pass, Mooney? I noticed the halfies are way less populace than the full bloods.
Answer is there.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...14#post8954514
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:28 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Here's some details about religions.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...78#post8955778

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 9th, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystrom View Post
Moon - I would love to join this game if I can shake together an application of high enough caliber. I'll have to do a lot more reading and thinking and see what moves my heart and soul. I am thinking a cleric because, funny as it is, I actually have never played one.
Welcome! I added the religions information in my previous message.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:53 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I posted the first game post to give you an idea of the setup of how the campaign is starting, which will help you make your character I believe.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=200255
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Good Writing > Power Game

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
My God, this looks amazing. Pending post, Intrugue Setting feels appropriate for a subterfuge based, Social RP heavy char concepts.

Will chew on this like a hearty tobacco. But not too long. That is how you get cancer
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Nehoc View Post
Interested in joining!
I'm new to pbp's and to this site in general. I have experience in pathfinder, though.
I might fill in an application later on, and also just wanted to say hi to everyone in this community.
Welcome, I'm newbie friendly.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
hiei150 hiei150
Hey, I've been reading your thread and this game seems really interesting. It's my first time looking into a game here, and while I have experience with pbp, I have not much experience with Pathfinder, so if that's not a problem I was hoping to get answers to some of my questions. I have a few ideas already about character concepts, but I'm still in doubt about whether some of the class choices would fit with the general setting you have in mind.

Basically, I was looking at archetypes and from what I understand they seem to serve the purpose of getting more fine customization into the kind of class you'd like to play. I'm not even sure if as a complete beginner I should be dabbling in these things but they seem pretty cool (do tell me, though, if I should stay away from that for now). Either way, I found the concept of the Bladebound from the Magus class to be particularly interesting, but with the way the weapon has a will of its own that may conflict with my character, I'm not sure if it would work well in the game, or how that would work in general. Still, better to ask the DM about it rather than just keep to my curiosity.

In any case, I plan to post an application here too in the coming days, so I'm looking forward to writing something up.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 12:56 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiei150 View Post
Hey, I've been reading your thread and this game seems really interesting. It's my first time looking into a game here, and while I have experience with pbp, I have not much experience with Pathfinder, so if that's not a problem I was hoping to get answers to some of my questions. I have a few ideas already about character concepts, but I'm still in doubt about whether some of the class choices would fit with the general setting you have in mind.

Basically, I was looking at archetypes and from what I understand they seem to serve the purpose of getting more fine customization into the kind of class you'd like to play. I'm not even sure if as a complete beginner I should be dabbling in these things but they seem pretty cool (do tell me, though, if I should stay away from that for now). Either way, I found the concept of the Bladebound from the Magus class to be particularly interesting, but with the way the weapon has a will of its own that may conflict with my character, I'm not sure if it would work well in the game, or how that would work in general. Still, better to ask the DM about it rather than just keep to my curiosity.

In any case, I plan to post an application here too in the coming days, so I'm looking forward to writing something up.
Hi and Welcome! It's fine, I'm newbie friendly. A magus is alright, I don't see any problem with that.

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 10th, 2020 at 12:57 AM.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 05:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Shayna is done; if you are doing reviews, I'd sure love to hear your thoughts.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 05:49 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Shayna is done; if you are doing reviews, I'd sure love to hear your thoughts.
@Noquarter19

As a known sorceress, you can add that the city guards are looking for her. It's well known by now that Under orders from the city council, the city guard is to take any magic-user they find into custody, and deliver them to a temporary holding facility in a repurposed mansion in the city center. Another incentive for her to help the rebellion.

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 05:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2773
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Arthaus CopperdelverName: Arthaus Copperdelver
Race: Human
Class: Unchained Summoner (Morphic Savant archetype)
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Physical Description: 5’10, handsome and athletic, wearing light armor and bearing crossbow, longspear, and mace, Arthaus could be taken for an irregular mercenary. But there is more to him that meets the eye. His rust colored hair is a wild tumble of curls. He smiles often, and laughs come easily to his dimpled face. His eyes are mismatched, one green, one blue: but when he is wielding his chaotic magics, his eyes are often seem to change color erratically.
right-aligned image

Personality: Arthaus has a good and kindly streak imprinted upon him by his adoptive dwarf clan: he cares for people in need, as an orphan himself he cares for the poor and defenseless. But he is impatient with tradition, rules, regulations. He is a free spirit, spontaneous, a risk taker drawn to whatever holds the promise of change and transformation. He is inventive, imaginative, a dreamer: as as a spellcaster who has learned to form creatures from his imagination, shaped by will out of chaos, that tempestuous personality fuels his creative gifts.

Living in Gate Pass (Present): What's your character day to day is like? How they occupy themselves, what they do for a living? Who are their friends and rivals (if any)? What's their family life like? Don't hesitate to create NPCs as needed.

Background (Past): Arthaus was born in Gate Pass to a family of merchants, Kolner and Lessa Grennel. They traveled to trade on a long circuit route that traded with dwarf and gnome mountain communities. Kolner was employed by Erdan Menash when Erdan was yet a dashing young entrepreneur. Kolner and his wife sold gear and textiles that garish but wealthy man produced.

Arthaus was but seven when his family was killed in by bandits; he cowered under a wagon during the attack, and survived, coming to be adopted by dwarves and raised in a multi-racial dwarf and gnome community. From his adopted father, Keri Copperdelver, who was a Herald Caller, he learned the Deep Guardian tradition. But he failed to develop faith in any of his adopted clan’s dwarvish gods; rather his personality led him to an affinity to a god some gnomes worshipped, the mischievous and tricky god called the Lantern King. As Arthaus was in a gnomish worship gathering, his eyes were drawn to an unusual color in the lantern light. There were dancing spheres, orbs -- like eyes! These came subsequently to revisit him in a series of progressively maddening dreams. He grew sleepless, erratic with his chores, vexing to his adoptive parents. A change was coming over him: wild visions of things monstrous yet beautiful. Creatures of many forms -- yet among them, reptilian eyes: kind, fierce, terrifying. He came to connect to an otherworldly spirit, an enigmatic and changeable being who called itself Red Dawn -- a Protean outsider who became his eidolon and spirit guide.

Red Dawn changes form, apparent species, and gender. She appears as an attractive young woman covered in faint scales, but of mutable and unstable form, hair and eye color, mischievous, flirtatious and kind. Sometimes, he comes as a muscular, clawed lizard, thorny of hide and ragged of color: his voice a deep rumble -- having only a passion for tearing things down. Last, it takes a serpentine form, a sinister fanged mouth and lashing tail: a cruel and toxic spirit, speaking cryptically of a time of violence and terror. In common among all the forms is an vibrant instability, a flickering of hue and aspect. When Arthaus first met Red Dawn, he feared it, but felt driven to learn about this volatile creature he felt inescapably drawn toward.

As Arthaus became a young man, he found himself increasingly ill-fit to the mountain society of dwarves and gnomes: his human impatience and ambition increasingly asserted itself, and further he was inspired with wanderlust by his spirit guide -- which was impelling him toward chaos … toward plunging into a swirling maelstrom of change .. which could lead to his personal growth … or destruction. He returned to the barely remembered town of his youth, to Gate Pass, at an age of eighteen, knowing little but the name and reputation of who was now council member Erdan Menash.

Erdan had little use for the brash young man (who, mentioning his deceased parents, raised a pang of half-forgotten sorrow), but he set up Arthaus with a small group of independent magicians where he could further his studies. Under the tutelage of peers he self-trained his own idiosyncratic magical style, inspired in part by the faith of his adopted father, and the guidance of fellow arcane students. He learned how to, with predictable discipline, conjure Red Dawn. As well, he learned how to summon various animals … and to shape their very bodies according to visions that came to him in dreams. These creatures, entropic creatures, shared the same supernatural essence as his Protean eidolon.

Of recent times he has been serving as a mercenary, doing odd soldier jobs for cash, which he has gradually saved to kit himself out in basic gear. He wanders from tavern, to flophouse, to artist den erratically, staying with scholars and mages when they’ll let him, living a carefree and indifferent life. But all the time, tinkering with his magic, and getting better at it, and seeking to uncover the radical, disruptive transformation Red Dawn kept dropping hints about.

Having little affinity toward the major religions, Arthaus sought out in the temple district to worship with cults that follow various fey gods or have gnomish worshippers. Those who follow the Lantern King are few, but he felt more at home among those who venerate Eldest and First World deities, even if they seem foreign and exotic to most humans. It was a gnome friend of his who warned him of the impending war, the rising risk to unsanctioned magic users, and who hurried him to meet with Torrent in a certain Inn.

Motivation for risking life to fight a despot?

One: as chaotic good, he is a freedom-lover, opposed to tyrrany at a gut level. Two: as a magic user he is personally threatened. Three: while he grew up away from his birth town, those he feels personal friendship toward since his return would be any fellow students of magic -- so this crisis threatens some of what friends he has.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled drawing (9).png
Views:	153
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	88050  

Last edited by CatCanCook; Nov 12th, 2020 at 02:31 AM.