PF-1e War of the Burning Sky - Application office is close! - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 11th, 2020, 10:49 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26819
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
This seems like a truly epic campaign!

Placeholder for an oracle of life.

I am not sure if you have already answered this, MoonZar, how many years have passed since Gate Pass was conquered (not liberated) by Emperor Coaltongue? You mention „a few decades“, I think. Also, did the city surrender to the Old Dragon‘s forces or was it taken forcibly?

Thank you in advance!
@Elanir

City's historyGate Pass has the distinction of being the only city to successfully drive out occupation by the Ragesian Empire. Forty years ago, Emperor Coaltongue defeated the city’s army, set up a military government, and erected a 90-foot-tall statue of himself in the grand square on Summer’s Bluff before moving on to his next conquest. For two years, citizens waged an insurgency against the occupying army, until finally Coaltongue decided the city wasn’t worth the loss of men.

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 10:52 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
My applied character would be a bit put off by her home being burned down or occupied by sweaty occupying soldiers. That'd be some good roleplay, though. Sometimes you gotta lose something big before you can gain everything.

I believe my application is complete. Fitting an arcane role, but also some short-mid ranged combat. Please let me know if there's any questions!
@Runetide

Please give me more meat about the backstory and how she occupies herself these days.

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 11th, 2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 10:59 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@Dark

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 11th, 2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:11 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I think I answered all questions, let me know if I missed one. Thanks for all the new apps!

Please keep in mind that the desire of your character to stop the war and save Gate Pass from annihilation or be under the rule of a despot is essential. Otherwise, I will question your character's motivation to risk their lives helping the rebellion to save the city and in the events to come.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
hiei150 hiei150
I assume there are no problems with my character's backstory? Just wanted to make sure since I made a Gate's Pass City Council member npc as part of his connections and backstory.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Peek-a-boo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11358
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom

+
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:40 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I didn’t read all apps yet.

There is one representative per district, and there is over twenty city district if I remember properly. So its alright if you guys create some of those NPCs.

Thanks.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
hiei150 hiei150
Sounds good, then mine should be all good to go. Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 03:03 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2913
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
Hey Runetide! Small world.
Funny running into you here!

Actually I specifically did not pick a warrior build cause I play a in your face type of character in your game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Please keep in mind that the desire of your character to stop the war and save Gate Pass from annihilation or be under the rule of a despot is essential. Otherwise, I will question your character's motivation to risk their lives helping the rebellion to save the city and in the events to come.
I would assume that 'I don't want to be executed as a heretical spellcaster so fighting off the bad guys is necessary for survival' is sufficient for this motivation?

Last edited by Runetide; Nov 12th, 2020 at 03:05 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 03:20 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds like a good motivation. You can talk about how this impacted her so far.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 04:10 AM
No, I'm not Emo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7228
DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories DarkMemories
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
@Dark
Just a sneaky reply =)

Last edited by DarkMemories; Nov 12th, 2020 at 06:30 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 07:01 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Alright folks, last call for raising your hand with a skeleton app. A simple class and name would suffice for now. We already have 18 apps in with Imveros and PopCulture who are planning something as well. It won't help anybody if I keep this open and get 30 apps when there are only six spots open. Thank you all for your interest, making me humble and honoured.

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 12th, 2020 at 07:10 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1127
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Charles
Charles Alynkov
Phantom Thief [Unchained Rogue]

right-aligned image
Alignment: Neutral Good
Traits: Extremely Fashionable, Pragmatic Activator
Physical Description:
'One of my ancestors may have dabbled with demons but this body I have inherited is pure heaven'
- Charles on Charles

Standing at just under six feet tall without his horns, Charles is clearly a person who holds a high opinion of himself and how he looks. This is reflected in the careful maintenance of his public facing image particularly as regards his clothing. Being unwilling to clothe himself in anything less than the finest fabrics
Personality:
Living in Gate Pass (Present):
Background (Past):

Last edited by Zealot; Nov 13th, 2020 at 07:21 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 09:02 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10516
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
ApplicationName: Alyzera Tarnlight

Race/Class: Half-Elf Hunter (Roof Runner)

Physical Description: Alyzera is a tall lean Half-Elf. Her ivory-white hair flows from her head and frames a fair-skinned face with sharp features. Her eyes are almond-shaped and hazel-brown. She wear leather armor over her dirty-white shirt. She wears finger-less gloves and a dark-green cape to easily blend in with her surroundings and protect herself from the harsh mountain-land weather. Sturdy leather boots adorn her feet. She carries her short sword in her belt along with multiple pouches and her longbow over her shoulder. Alyzera rarely wears anything else that isn't practical.

Personality: Practical to a fault, down-to-earth, caring and prideful are some of the words which could describe Alyzera. Ever since the incident with the gryffons she have hated the Gate Pass military and still hates them for their decision to stand down when the Ragesian Inquisition are coming. She knows both her and her father, being able to harness the magic of nature, would soon be taken prisoner and handed over to the Ragesians. She also harbors a fear of small spaces after the incident.

Living in Gate Pass (Present): Alyzera makes a living hunting what the family's small tavern needs, be it small game, rabbits or even mountain goats. She trains her roc companion, Pysh, to help her hunt bigger pray. Pysh is already the size of a human and could, in theory, bring down a person, but Alyzera have never tried nor entertained the thought of trying. She knows the mountainous range like her own pocket and occasionally scouts for the Resistance. She likes the outdoors as much as the indoors. When she isn't hunting she helps out at the family tavern. Her mother is the cook, her father is the host and her twin brother Falorin plays the lute for the guests. Pysh has his roost up in the attic.

She have had few suitors, though few of them really interested Alyzera. She found them either bland or incompatible with her outdoors lifestyle. One, however, was Gideon Starfury. He was an elven herbalist and fond of studying nature. They had a few dates out in the wild. It all took a back seat when Coaltongue died and the embers of war was rekindled.

Background (Past): Ever since she started to walk Alyzera have strive for the top. From the start she had a passion of climbing. At first the roof of her home. Later it was the merchant's shop, Coaltongue's statue (to many patron's ire) and even the highest point in Gate Pass. Alyzera lived in the Elven getto where her parents managed a small tavern.

Her father was a hunter and brought back mountain goats and rabbits for their mother - she in turn created some of the finest dishes within the Elven ghetto. When Alyzera was old enough he shared his talent with his daughter. Falorin, Alyzera's twin brother, was more of an 'indoors' conviction, and stayed behind with their mother. Alyzera, on the other hand, enjoyed the outdoors. There was always another rock to climb and she learned the hunter's field craft. She also learned to use the magic in her elven blood to control nature.

Money was always short, but the family thrived as best as they could. When Gate Pass' military one day sought young recruits with good pay, Alyzera volunteered. She figured the family could use the extra money. However fate had other plans for her. The drill sergeant, Hilfur, was a sour Ork who hated anything elvish. His commanding officer knew of his animosity and had ordered him to trial anyone who came as recruits. So when Alyzera showed up he hatched a plan to get rid of her.

The Gryffon Cavalry needed a replacement gryffon. So Alyzera's trial was to fetch a gryffon egg. Not wanting to disappoint her family she hesitantly agreed. Hilfur lead her to their nesting area in the mountains, some way from Gate Pass. Then he set her off and returned back to the city. Alyzera started the arduous task of climbing the rockface. The gryffons were quick to discover the Half-Elf climbing and took to the skies. If she hadn't found the rocky crack to hide in, she would have been hacked to pieces by their beaks and claws. When the sun set and the darkness came, the gryffons ended their pursuit and Alyzera stumbled out of her hiding. She wasn't going to get herself a gryffon egg, but she had found something else in the crack. A roc's egg, which she had held warm during the assault. She found her way home and nursed the egg till it hatched. She named the roc Pysh and claimed him as her own, much to the disapproval from her parents.

But she never returned back to Hilfur and the military.

Last edited by XQbitor; Nov 12th, 2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 09:44 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10516
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Aaaand done!

Not quite like we discussed, but I'm happy with Alyzera

I spy with my naked eye that you are going to have one hell of a task to select those six fortunate players.