RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 12th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10335
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
What about a Triton Sorceror?
I'm not going to say no... Yes, definitely a big "but"BUT, I find it hard to see an aquatic minded, haughty, race making its way far inland to the middle of a forest, taking orders from an orc chieftess, and involving themself in the petty squabbles of surface dwellers.

That being said... feel free to convince me otherwise with your application.

Thanks,
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insacrum View Post
I'm not going to say no... Yes, definitely a big "but"BUT, I find it hard to see an aquatic minded, haughty, race making its way far inland to the middle of a forest, taking orders from an orc chieftess, and involving themself in the petty squabbles of surface dwellers.

That being said... feel free to convince me otherwise with your application.

Thanks,
I am up to the challenge! I'll have something up before the end of the day.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Undead and Lovin' It

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2418
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
You have no idea how badly I want to apply to your game. The temptation is real.

Sadly, I'll have to wait and see if my schedule can afford another game, but I'll definitely stew on a concept while I marvel at your wonderful applicants.

Characters: Thunder in the Morning - Harp Strum
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3875
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Complete!

Stink
right-aligned image

Name- Mycelia Stinkhorn aka 'Celia' or, more commonly- ‘Stink’

Race- Goblin

Class- Druid (Circle of spores)

Alignment- True Neutral

Mechanical Background: Far Traveler

Appearance: Stink has the benefit of meeting the three classic goblin beauty standards- She’s small, green and ugly. She wears a half rotten cape covered with moss and mushrooms, and her pockets are full of snails and bugs, which often just crawl out and walk all over her.

Personality: Stink is a bit of a pushover; If everyone else jumped off a cliff she’d be right up there with them. Despite being shy and introverted, she is trying very hard to find her voice in a world of many larger creatures who don't share her passion for decomposition and fungus, but reverts to the 'follow the boss' mentality if she ever feels in over her head. Those who get to know her might find her to be surprisingly sweet, but unfortunately she still prefers the company of mushrooms and bugs to most people. Not very bright; jokes often go over her head.

Last edited by Wishkamon; Nov 22nd, 2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 06:02 PM
gro-Zug

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8089
Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug
BanterStrangemund might still be on the fence, but she successfully pushed me over the edge into putting in my own app. I was apprehensive to post race/class doubles at first, but as the game grew more popular, I eventually figured that's almost inevitable.

Name: Ayaga tor-Zhan
Race: Orc
Class: Barbarian (Ancestral Guardian)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Mechanical Background: Outlander (Hunter-Gatherer)

Appearance: Ayaga is not a very unique or visually striking orc, all things considered. He possesses all the physical hallmarks of his species- greenish skin, pronounced lower canines like tusks, sloping brow, short nose, round facial features, and a generally thick build. His hair is straight, black, and shoulder-length. His body is covered in deep blue tattoos. Geometric patterns and totems or animal motifs predominate. His body is healthy and his face is somewhat youthful, but his pale grey eyes appear quite old, right down to the growing crow's feet. His voice sounds deeper than it actually is, because he often speaks with a slight croak or grunt, as if he never quite has the air to get his words out with.

Ayaga is also covered almost from head to toe in a vast array of bones. Most of them are quite tiny, such as finger or toe bones threaded together like beads in his hair and on his meager clothing, which consists of a hide vest and a waistcloth. Other mortal mementos include tusks hanging from a necklace, a girdle of ribs around his waist, a bracelet of hyoids, and skin piercings made of ear ossicles. They total well over a hundred bones, and each one is a memento from another dead orc. They are clean, dry, white, and treated with a resin against degradation. Ayaga handles them and any articles made from them with the utmost reverence.

Personality: Ayaga is gentle. Ayaga is quiet. Ayaga is tired- very, very tired. Back home, he was used to a fairly orderly lifestyle structured around animistic practice and communal cooperation under the guidance of family chiefs and shamans. Being bereaved of that has strained him and turned him inward somewhat. While he has reservoirs of anger, they are deeply suppressed and kept below the surface. He is more likely to try and stay peacefully unobtrusive in his dealings with the world and the people in it. At least part of this is defensive, for the bedrock of trust he once relied upon is gone, and he is left apprehensive around so many strange people in strange lands. It is as if he already considers himself a ghost prepared to move onward, tied down to earthly concerns only by the weight of death still resting upon his shoulders.

He believes with all his heart that the mementos he bears hold the souls of their owners. For centuries his people interred 'vessels' of their dead in hollows and shrines, but most of these were lost in the chaos of their exile, the souls of the dead scattered to the winds just as their living descendants are. Ayaga has informally taken on the role of shaman, though he entirely lacks any and all supernatural talent (so far). He cares for each memento like a pet, speaks to them, and even 'feeds' them a symbolically sacrificed portion of his every meal. His belief in this holdover from the old days has grown only more fervent the more the present has pressed him. The dead have to reside in these bones, he insists, or else the living have no hope for the future.

7 Step Background

Last edited by Grozug; Nov 29th, 2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Finalized reactions in the optional section.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 07:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15970
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I can still add notes on how my character would feel about the rest of the applicants, but other than that, I think I'm done.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6459
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
I changed Gristle's class from Rogue to Bard, as it seems to fit my idea for him better. All I have left to do is the Optional section, then he'll be finished.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 03:22 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1741
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Application
Basic Information
G'taot Rush (Pronounced Git' Out)
Race: Kobold
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Mechanical Background: Criminal

Appearance

G'taot stands 2'3" tall and weighs a measly 23 pounds, his scale covered skin is a dark, navy blue colour with a lighter shade of blue that covers his stomach, to the palms of his hands and the bottom of his feet. He has a long snout with tiny sharp teeth protruding along his mouth. He has thicker scales that border his eyebrows, and little horns that trail from the tip of his nose, to the end of his tail with two longer horns that come from his temples and stretch out backwards, the tips just behind his head. He has long claws on his hands and feet and deep, warm brown eyes.

He wears dark, brown, black and gray covered clothing, including a large hood that casts a shadow over his entire face if he needs to. His clothing is tight, he also has many packs and pockets within his clothing for him to store stolen goods from his targets. His clothing is kept well, and will often find a change of clothes during the daytime that would help him blend in with the common people.

PersonalityG'taot is a pathological liar that cannot keep his hands to himself if his life depended on it, it is an obsession of his to take the things that don't belong to him. Currently he is learning to become a good pickpocket, using the funds to keep himself alive and taken care of. He has no fear of jail, or getting caught in his lies, jail is just a fun puzzle to him, and the lies are a game. There is one thing that will get his attention towards you, and that is if you have information about any rare objects that humans enjoy. Humanoid creatures of "good" steal all the time under the guise of "going on an adventure" and G'taot wants to bring back what was taken, and maybe sell it.

7 Step Background

Last edited by The Dark Star; Nov 13th, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 05:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1127
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Is it possible to take the Ranger Class Features from the general UA Class Features document from 11/04/2019?

Same with the Revised Ranger generally?
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 09:11 AM
Undead and Lovin' It

Tools
User Statistics
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozug View Post
Strangemund might still be on the fence, but she successfully pushed me over the edge into putting in my own app.
HAH! A victory for peer pressure! Just kidding! Glad to see you applied, Zug! Good luck, my friend!!

As for me, I may be lowkey working on a Kenku character, but I had a question about the race. I read they only speak through Mimicry? Is that true? I haven't played much Forgotten Realms (Eberron 3.5 for lyfe) so I am pretty clueless. It wouldn't deter me from the race at all, in fact, I absolutely love it, but I just wanted to double-check with folks far more knowledgeable than I.

Old Nov 13th, 2020, 09:15 AM
Juvenile Delinquent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 268
Sorry Sorry Sorry
They can mimic and parrot back memorized words in whatever voice they've already stored, so in my opinion you can really get super creative with it, and actually be able to converse like a humanoid. I've never roleplayed one though, so that's only my initial perception them.

By the way, I'm almost done with my app, just gotta.get the memories and quirks part done. My tortle is no longer a cleric by the way, but a barbarian, just because I find this one more fun to play.

Last edited by Sorry; Nov 13th, 2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
@Strangehund: Ditto to Sorry's explanation. So at one point, they might respond with an orc voice, another time a gnome, and a third with a goblin... or if they are trying to mix and match words, they might mix all three. ex: "Yes! I think that will work!"

Or there might be a time that the don't even have the word they want to use memorized, and have to try a explaining their thought with other words. Almost like playing Taboo... They literally cannot say the word. Ex: "We are riding on hill horses in the dry land?" rather than "We're riding on Camels in the Desert."

Last edited by Insacrum; Nov 13th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Undead and Lovin' It

Tools
User Statistics
Sold.

That sounds like a writing experience I'd absolutely love to explore. Expect a Kenku app from me sometime soon. No idea on class with the exception of a very weird Bardic Kenku, but we'll see if that sticks as I further conceptualize the character.

Old Nov 13th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
First let me say that after only 4 days of being open, there has been more interest in this game than I expected. It's hard to fathom that there is still 17 days of applications and waiting to deal with, but I also didn't want to be starting a game during the American Thanksgiving vacation. I'm hoping that the game thread will be created soon, so that I can start populating it with world building information (Maps, NPC, Lore). Hopefully all of you will find this information a bit useful. But I intend to leave enough of it undocumented, so part of the fun of this kind of group experience is everyone lending their own voice into the world.

That being said...

So whenever I've applied for a game, I've always liked having feedback during the process: Suggestions on where my submission could be improved; How I can improve my writing; Things that could be tweaked.

Below are a my current thoughts on the applications as I've read them as of between last night and now. Please know that a positive note for your applications doesn't mean that you are getting in, and conversely know that criticism doesn't mean that you are not getting in (it's just my thoughts on how to make your app better... take it or leave it). This is just a way for all of us as a community to get better at writing, given that we are in a website that is catering to writing based game play.

If you don't see a note for application, either I didn't see it, or I spelled your user name wrong (sorry!).

Last edited by Insacrum; Nov 13th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1741
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
I had originally thought that I wasn't going to have the time to finish so I deleted, but things changed and now I do! Putting secret for you to see now and will take off when I'm done app.