DnD5e The Wandering And The Lost - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 7 9 0
... raised for charity!
All donations matched (doubled) until Dec 20!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 13th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1127
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Is it possible to take the Ranger Class Features from the general UA Class Features document from 11/04/2019?

Same with the Revised Ranger generally?
Repost for lost
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16020
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Thanks ! Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 01:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10365
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
Is it possible to take the Ranger Class Features from the general UA Class Features document from 11/04/2019?

Same with the Revised Ranger generally?
Go for it.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 02:25 PM
Undead and Lovin' It

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2545
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Harp Strum
Race: Kenku
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Mechanical Background: Entertainer

Appearance: Feathers black as a silhouette cast at the end of an empty alleyway cover Harp Strum from head to toe. Some are tattered, sliced and torn by everything from a well-honed blade to a snarling beast's fangs, while a couple on her right arm are burnt down to the nub where you can see her mottled grey flesh, scarred by a close-call with a Burning Hands spell. Of the feathers she managed to keep in good health, they have reached full maturity, with the exception of a few tufts of down feathers that peek in and out from the plumage on her chest. Her baby feathers are the only glimmer of youthful innocence still left in the scarred and beaten Kenku lass beyond her bright and optimistic eyes.

She stands a few inches over five feet, Harp Strum fairly tall for her feathered kin as well as woefully thin. Despite how squat most Kenku are, Harp Strum is incredibly lanky, with limbs that are long and gangly, and a frame that is surprisingly lithe for a Kenku of her height. It makes her quick on her feet and twice as likely to get away from trouble, but any medicine man would know it is far from healthy. Years of malnourishment and neglect has made a mockery of the potential she could have reached had she had been given the same opportunities as the pink men that dot the land. Not that Harp Strum thinks as such. She considers herself lucky; after all, she’s never met a Kenku thief that’s lasted longer than eighteen years like her.

Harp Strum rarely wears anything but a heavy layer of clothes over herself. Tunics, vests, and wraps-- whatever she managed to snatch away from unguarded clotheslines-- were thrown over herself until very little of her Kenku traits are seen. Harp Strum preferring garbs that were dark in color like her feathers. Grey, blacks, and if she was lucky, blues. Those were her favorite as they reminded her of the brief time she was a stowaway on a boat. The sea rocking her to sleep while the night sky sparkled like a sapphire drifting at the bottom of a pond. On her back, she carries a banged up, Or rather fifth-hand.second-hand harp. It's seen better days. Its body scuffed up with scratches and its strings discolored, some newer than others. Harp Strum loves it dearly and is never seen without it. The Kenku often spotted trying to find a way to make the same pleasant notes she mimics so easily on its strings.

But the most notable feature of Harp Strum is her beak. Halfway down her upper bill is a fierce and nasty crack where an adventurer's hammer came crashing down. A permanent fixture, just like most of her injuries, as Harp Strum never had access to anything as wondrous as magical healing. Sometimes when she feels like grossing people out, she’ll stick the tip of her tongue through it.

Personality: Harp Strum is a Kenku of pleasant temperament in that she doesn’t think to immediately rob people, mostly she just waits to see if you are mean first. Pleasantries mean everything to Harp Strum, from hellos to goodbye to your welcomes, as she likes how it makes her feel to talk like the fancy bards she’s spied on through tavern windows. Like she’s someone important and beautiful rather than your everyday Kenku thief that looked like a broken down feather duster. Play along with her peculiar vernacular and you’ll have a best friend for life. Don’t, and you’ll be mugged, but politely, as Harp Strum will happily ask you for your money with a bubbly ‘please’ before she sticks you with her ruby-handled dagger.

Harp Strum’s lived a fairly harsh life even by Kenku thief standards, but it’s hardly stopped her from being a beacon of positivity. Her motto for down-and-out days where she’s barely scraping by is a simple idea that a few copper coins in the hand today could lead to a fat purse of gold coins tomorrow. There is no point to stew on what can’t be helped when opportunity is always just around the corner, waiting to be shaken down. And so far that’s been a belief that’s worked out swimmingly for Harp Strum, especially when she heard the tale of Yddraixl the Viridescent. At the time, Harp Strum was homeless, friendless, and goalless, but in an instant, two-out-of-three of those worries vanished in a puff of smoke. With results like that, it is clear that the key to success is blind determination and the audacity to defy life when it tries to kick you down-- not luck as so many would be quick to suggest.

On a personal level, Harp Strum is very easy-going and uncomfortably friendly, almost desperate for approval. She likes to fill silence with idle chatter and music, or on rare occasions, entertain with a Like orc snores, hobgoblin farts, and drunken Woppa swears.hilarious assortment of noises she knows how to mimic. She is a little intimidated by the larger and fiercer races that make up Yddraixl’s nest, but Harp Strum isn’t against the idea of living and working with any of them. She just hopes she can measure up to their particular standards, and them to hers. Granted, her standards are fairly low. All Harp Strum is really interested in is someone who she can call a friend, but in the Age of Pink Men, friends are hard to come by, and harder to keep, you know, alive. But still she is willing to try, no matter how many bodies the pink men will make her bury!

That said Harp Strum does struggle with forgiveness. Maybe it is just a natural Kenku instinct but Harp Strum doesn’t believe that forgiveness should be freely given, but earned through cold hard punishment. Punishment that she’ll happily deal out in a day, a week, a month, or a year from now-- whenever the time is right to make you regret ever slighting her and her chosen flock. They say a Loxodon never forgets, but it is the Kenku that never forgives.

Opinions: WIP

Characters: Thunder in the Morning - Harp Strum

Last edited by Strangemund; Nov 22nd, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7127
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Kaira Irontusk
right-aligned image
Name: Kaira Irontusk
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Monk
Alignment: CN
Mechanical Background:The Haunted One

Appearance: The first time I saw Kaira I was struck by the fluid and graceful way she moved. I used to think she could have been a dancer had she been inclined to, but she preferred more martial arts. I found myself looking for the raven haired woman whenever I came into town. Even from a distance my eyes could always find her followed her movements of their own accord. Never in sleeves, save in winter, she made a habit of wearing breeches instead of the more traditional dresses of the town. She wasn’t unattractive nor was she a traditionally beautiful woman, but by the gods I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Even from across the town square I found her radiant. It was months before I found the courage to approach her.
Personality:The way she looked at me with cold black eyes it felt like a blow to my chest. For a brief moment there was a challenge behind them before she turned away. It felt as if I had been measured and summarily dismissed as unimportant. It was clear that Kaira had found me lacking. In the days that followed it dawned on me that this woman was more complex than I thought. Beneath the perpetually unimpressed expression lived a private, protective, intensely focused woman, but when she relaxed around her brothers she became cheeky and playful and never hesitated to wrestle with them. They seemed to be the heart of her life. Woe to any who stood in against them.
BackgroundWIP

Last edited by lydklein; Nov 20th, 2020 at 04:02 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3891
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
OK, I did the thing!

here's my application.

Still needs a little tweeking, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it if you have time!!

Last edited by Wishkamon; Nov 13th, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 08:36 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13940
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
[FIELDSET="Nicothoe"]
right-aligned image

Name: Nicothoe
Race: Harpy (Wasn't on this list but I am hopeful)
Class: Cleric (Nature Domain)
Alignment: NG
Mechanical Background: Outlander
Appearance: Nicothe has long flowing silvery hair that matches her silver feathers. Her eyes are yellow much like a bird of prey would be. She looks beautiful and deadly at the same time.
Personality: Nicothe is friendly and outgoing if perhaps a little ditzy. She often sounds a little like she's on some sort of weird drug especially when she sees connections that no one else can see or even follow.

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 13th, 2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 02:30 AM
Juvenile Delinquent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 268
Sorry Sorry Sorry
Just the optional bit left, but my application is done!

Old Nov 14th, 2020, 09:20 AM
gro-Zug

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8219
Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug
Mine is also done, excluding any feedback that might be forthcoming. Might've gotten lost amid the conversation last page, or maybe I just came in too close to the last major update. Just being safe!
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
@Grozug: OK... and here I was thinking I was pretty good on my list of applications being up to date. Oh well.

@Ysolde: I'm not even seeing rules for playing a Harpy PC, outside of the monsters as character rules that I would prefer not using for this campaign. Also, the look of a harpy is going to have it's own points against it within the camp itself.

@Everyone: If you feel your applications is complete (outside of the optional part), let me know and I'll mark it as such on the first post list. I'll also give another round of feedback this up coming Thursday (11/19), and then again the following Tuesday (11/24) ... after that, I probably won't provide feedback.

Last edited by Insacrum; Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 12:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@penbeast0: Not a problem... go for it, just give it a new name... welcome to the world-building portion of our show.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3400
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Complete!
I still have the Optional Impressions to do.
I am open to feedback and suggestions!

Daggonae "Dagg" Bloodbane: Application Complete
right-aligned image
Name: Daggonae "Dagg" Bloodbane

Race: Volo's Guide to Monsters - Pg. 119Bugbear, Female

Class: My Plan is to go Kensei Monk and, possibly, multiclass into either Fighter or Rogue down the line. Astral Monk, then Psi Warrior, and Beast Barbarian (if allowed of course).Monk

Alignment: Neutral

Mechanical Background: PHB Pg. 131 - 132Folk Hero

Appearance: Light Brownish-Red Fur covers brown skin.

At first glance, many people mistake her for an orc... But, the elongated arms and reddish mane of fur framing her face are a dead giveaway!

She is short for a Bugbear, standing at 5' 8" tall, but her wide shoulders and stocky frame more than make up for whatever underestimations levied against her.

She gives off serious Viking vibes with how she dresses, acts, and carries herself.
Daggonae has always stood out among her kind. The Bugbears prized brutality and strength, but Daggonae took things a step further. She employed cunning and tactics to her strategy for success. The sides of her head are shaved and the remaining mane of hair was either wild and unkempt or meticulously braided. Her eyes are a golden brown and her musculature is a testament to a lifetime having to prove herself to be stronger, faster, and smarter than her male counterparts. Standing at 5' 8" tall, she is shorter than most of her kin, but still commands respect among those that know her reputation.

Personality: Daggonae prides herself on Action, not words. Given her upbringing, she has come to the conclusion that you can learn the truth about an individual based on their actions alone. Therefore, she watches... She observes... This, oftentimes, leads her to travel to places that she shouldn't. But, if it means learning a shred of truth, or maybe a key piece of information that she can use to her advantage, she feels it's worth the risk. However, for all her schemes and calculations, she realizes that mind-games alone will only get you so far. Eventually, you have to act. It takes a lot of work to out-think and out-perform your opponents... And, unfortunately for her, Daggonae has a lot of opponents to play against. However, As she calls it'Playing the Game' has afforded her several traits that prove quite useful in navigating everyday life. She is slow to anger and thinks logically about her problems. She doesn't, often, act on impulse and can remain focused on a single task for an extraordinary amount of time.

7 Step Background
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. One of these should include where they are from.

Step 2: List 2 goals; one should be your character's goal. The other should be a goal you have FOR your character. Survival shouldn't be it.

Step 3: List 2 secrets. One your character knows, one they do not.

Step 4: Describe 3 people that are tied to the character. Two should be friendly. One should be hostile.

Step 5: Describe 3 memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has.

Step 6: List your character's personality trait, bond, ideal, and flaw.

Step 7: List 2 things that make your character afraid and 2 things that give them hope.

Optional: Give me a sentence or two about the other applicants. How does your character feel about those characters? NOT how do you feel about another player!

Last edited by Reliq0770; Nov 25th, 2020 at 03:23 AM.
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 09:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insacrum View Post
@Grozug: OK... and here I was thinking I was pretty good on my list of applications being up to date. Oh well.

@Ysolde: I'm not even seeing rules for playing a Harpy PC, outside of the monsters as character rules that I would prefer not using for this campaign. Also, the look of a harpy is going to have it's own points against it within the camp itself.

@Everyone: If you feel your applications is complete (outside of the optional part), let me know and I'll mark it as such on the first post list. I'll also give another round of feedback this up coming Thursday (11/19), and then again the following Tuesday (11/24) ... after that, I probably won't provide feedback.
My crazy lady is done.