User Statistics
RPXP: 589
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
The Road to Wyndham

Game NameThe Road to Wyndham
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeCommissioned Explorers
FlavourFantasy
Plot SummaryIn Skittervane there are un-numbered barracks, training grounds for many types of warriors. Monks hone their bodies and spirits in the mountains, barbarians war against fierce beasts, rangers stalk the wilds. Every decade the various barracks compete in the Wyndham arena. The winning squad will become the personal guard for the King of Wyndham for the next decade. A high honor.

For those unable to compete in the tournament it is a fantastic spectacle, people from the settled lands of Aberth gather in the grand city to watch. You are one of these spectators.

You find yourself in Abrecht, in the southern Bear Lowlands. There are generally faster paths to Wyndham, but the docks there are crowded, and fares have exploded.

We'll begin the evening after you arrive in Abrecht. You've likely traveled together, though not necessarily as a group.

World Information

App Template
Character Name:
Race:
Class: 3 levels, limit to 2 classes at the outset.
Background: Baldur's gate features may be used as an alternative, if I feel like it's applicable.

History:

Personality:

Appearance:

Answer these, please?
Why are you stopping over in Abrecht on the way to the tournament?

Where are you from?

How do you feel about the "underdeveloped people?"

Maps of Aberth
The full map of Aberth

Last edited by Nikolas; Nov 18th, 2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 07:29 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Working space.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 07:31 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1791
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star

Last edited by The Dark Star; Nov 23rd, 2020 at 03:55 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm updating the world information. Details concerning the adventure itself will be light, but there will be more than a trip to watch a sporting event.

Ask anything you want to know.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
jemmus jemmus jemmus
Interesting! What's the expected posting rate? (I'm hoping for fast ).

Last edited by jemmus; Nov 17th, 2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 01:39 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmus View Post
Interesting! What's the expected posting rate? (I'm hoping for fast ).
Likely daily for week days. I'm not expecting every post to be a flowery, flowing, love letter. Maybe once on week ends.
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6522
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
This application nearly wrote itself. Thank you for this opportunity!

The Prettiest Blue Eyes:
right-aligned image

Character Name: Banora Blue-eyes
Race: Half-orc
Class: Barbarian (Berserker)
Background: Entertainer (Gladiator)
Personality Trait:
-I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
-I’ll settle for nothing less than perfection.
Ideal
-Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Bond:
-I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw:
- I’ll do anything to win fame and renown.

Personality: Banora is over the top, to say the least, Her actions and emotions are almost always exaggerated for the crowd. She is fun-loving and loves to act out. She can take any insult and laugh at it, even one made at her and joke right back if called for. The only that isn't a joke is her performance. She has worked hard to hone her body to the impressiveness that it is today and she sticks to a strict regime of weight-training every day.

Appearance: Banora is big, even for a half-orc, easily over seven feet tall and weighing somewhere between three hundred and eighty and four hundred pounds. Her body is honed and muscular to a ridiculous standard due to extensive weight training. She proudly wears the random scars from her heritage and doesn't mind talking about them. She favors minimal clothing that speaks of her more savage nature, Fur and leather bracers to accentuate her forearms and biceps, a leather chest harness and a worn shirt that leaves her midriff, shoulders and collarbone bare. She wears thick hide trousers that fit her muscled legs tightly and tall, hide moccasin boots that reach the middle of her well-muscled calves. She keeps her black hair in a wild, high ponytail with beads and cloth decorations on a few little separate tresses. Her most exquisite feature though is her clear and glimmering sky-blue eyes that seemed to shine out past her other facial features.

History: Banora was born among the Three-scar orc tribe to a powerful warrior woman and an unnamed father, likely a human barbarian from a nearby tribe. Her childhood wasn't unusual for being a half-blood, having to show off her amazing strength and cunning just so others would try to take advantage of her. You had to be strong if you wished to live among a people that valued and excelled at feats of strength. Barona didn't have much problem with that and started training daily, lifting everything she could find that seemed heavy.

It wasn't until she became an adult that she moved into the city of Abrecht and a human saw Banora as a get-rich-quick-scheme. He put her to work in the entertainment business, exhorting her towards her savage and wild side and this only played her her already growing ego. She would work out daily and when it came time to perform, she would show up any man that even thought he could outmatch her. She made men fear the strength of women. Her shows were mostly rigged by her manager since he couldn't risk his money-making scheme.

Answer these, please?
Banora is here with her manager, Horris, to perform her gladiatorial feats of strength but not in the arena.

Where are you from?
Banora was born on the island of Skittervane, not far from Abrecht.

How do you feel about the "underdeveloped people?
Banora considers herself as coming from the underdeveloped people but she has most assuredly developed in her own way, growing stronger and more muscular.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Nov 18th, 2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 09:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6646
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Character Submission:
right-aligned image
right-aligned image

Character Name: Durdyn Nulvelith
Race: Half-Elf (Drow)
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
Personality Trait:
-I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
-I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal
-People: I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
Bond:
-Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw:
- An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Personality: Durdyn comes across to most upon first meeting them as a determined and focused individual. He is the type of person that once he accepts a task or sets his mind to something he is driven. He has always felt a bit like he doesn't fit in, being born of a human Father and Drow Mother. He is intelligent and quick witted , and not one to back down from a fight if it serves his purpose, that said he also does not actively seek out conflict even though his background leads to it most often.

While he may seem gruff and unfriendly he is in fact quite considerate and open to making new friends or contacts. In his line of work one can never have to many of either.

Appearance: Durdyn is average height standing five feet and eleven inches tall with a lean yet muscular build. His eyes are red and his skin a light shade v violet, he typically wears his white hair long and flowing down past his shoulders. He has a well groomed white beard that while short is well defined in contrast to his skin. He has several tattoos on his face and ears as well, two purple and red shapes above his eyes and thin red line line below. Similar red lines adorn his elven shaped ears as well giving him a somewhat intimidating appearance..

History: Durdyn was Born the first and only son of Chadara Nulvelith and his human father, Aeros Wilton. His father passed away not long after his birth though and he remembers very little of the man. Growing up with his mother primarily who had a small seamstress shop he had a happy childhood. He had several close friends even though they were all human. Still there were those who saw him as an Underdeveloped and took offense to his presence. Calling him names, and starting fights with him.

Living in a primarily human community, his mother told him to ignore those that treated him poorly it merely being a reflection of their own ignorance. Still as a young boy growing up the words and physical acts hurt. Fortunately there was another half elven girl named Triel. Triel was his most steadfast and dedicated friends, and outside of schooling they were almost always together. It was nice having someone other than his mother, he could rely on, and turn to.

During his latter teen years Triel and Durdyn's friendship developed into more, and the two began to see each other as man and woman instead of childhood friends. These were some of the happiest years in Durdyn's life, until everything came crashing down. Falvel a young human who had antagonized both Triel and Durdyn for years took things too far. Hoping to catch the young couple apart for his own interests in Triel he sent a message to Triel feigning it being from Durdyn asking her to meet him in the clearing near the cliffs.

Triel upon receiving the note did as instructed and set off for the destination. When she arrived instead of Durdyn she saw only Falvel standing there waiting for her. Realizing she had been tricked she stormed forward and shouted at Falvel calling him a variety of colorful names. Falvel growing angry grabbed her by the shoulders and without truly thinking of his actions turned and tossed her backwards, as she stumbled away towards the edge of the cliff, and over the side falling to her death.

Falvel terrified ran home and said nothing to anyone. When Durdyn made his way to Triel's house to meet her he learned from her mother than she had gone to meet him. Confused he rushed home only to learn that Triel had not been there either. Over the next 24 hours he and Triel's mother searched the community for her to no avail. It was the next day when Triel's body was brought in on a cart after having been discovered that they realized she was dead.

Durdyn took the loss sharply, and was overcome with grief at the loss of his closest and dearest friend, the woman he had intended one day to marry and raise a family of their own. When he heard where she had been found he was confused it was not a place they normally met and her mother said she had gone to meet him. Moving to her room he found the note supposedly from him and realized that she had been duped. Something about the handwriting was familiar though and after a short while he recalled seeing this writing before while in school.

As it dawned on him who wrote the note he left her house in a rage unlike anything he had ever felt before. Heading straight for Falvel's house, and knocking on the door. When he answered Durdyn punched him squarely in the face and moved over him striking him time and again, until he was pulled off by a city watch member. Durdyn told the watch what happened and why he had attacked Falvel. Falvel denied everything and even with the note he was not charged with Triel's death.

Once released from the guard station, Durdyn returned home. he knew he had to do something to ensure that Falvel did not get away with killing Triel. Over the course of the next few weeks he developed a plan, and enacted it. One night sneaking into a local nobleman's home and taking several valuable pieces of jewelry. Once he had the items he snuck into Falvel's house and planted them beneath the mattress of his bed. When the noble reported the missing items, the guard began their search Durdyn sending a few clues via a street urchin rewarding him with a hot meal and warm bed in exchange, for telling the guard that he had seen Falvel entering the house.

The guard upon learning of the illegal entrance searched Falvel's small house and upon finding the jewelry, was taken away and sent to prison for larceny. Being as the crime was committed against a noble it carried a stiff penalty of 10 years of hard labor, in the mines. The sentence did not give Durdyn a full sense of satisfaction, but it did give him a sense of closure knowing that Falvel was paying for his crime even if it was manufactured. From that point forward Durdyn dedicated himself to tracking down and finding wanted men, and returning them to the authorities.

Answer these, please?
Durdyn came to Abrecht to turn in a bounty and collect the reward.

Where are you from?
Durdyn grew up on SKittervane, though he is uncertain of his ancestral home on his drow Mother's side. Still he claims his surname of his drow family with pride.

How do you feel about the "underdeveloped people?
Durdyn harbors no ill will towards the underdevloped as they are called. Being a half drow elven some have actually included him in this category. Quite often those who think him underdevloped are caught off guard by his abilities.

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 18th, 2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I love both the apps! Great reading. I updated the factions a bit.

I also added the old god pantheon.

Last edited by Nikolas; Nov 18th, 2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 04:33 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 175
Wisp Wisp
@Nikolas
I have a quick question, I'm thinking of applying with a Wood Elf, and in relation to them I see mentions of Viol, and my question is where would that be? Or is it even a place? I've looked through the information you've provided and I can't seem to find mention of it except in the class information regarding rangers, and the faction section pertaining to the Wheatfield Barbarian Tribes. If I've overlooked it please do point me in the right direction, otherwise could I potentially get some information on where, or what, Viol is exactly?
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 04:38 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Where is Viol is exactly?
I'm sorry, I've always assumed Viol was on the map.

Viol is the forest north of Meadow, and west of Charenal on Abis.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 04:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 175
Wisp Wisp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Viol is the forest north of Meadow, and west of Charenal on Abis.
Ah got it, thank you! Both for the answer and the speedy answer at that.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 06:09 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Also, since I'm right here, I have an idea for a Gladiator weapon but it's kinda ...different.

How do you feel about a quarterstaff with a mace head at either end? Like spiked mace heads?

Or perhaps a double ended halberd?

Last edited by Arthilian01; Nov 18th, 2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 06:21 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Also, since I'm right here, I have an idea for a Gladiator weapon but it's kinda ...different.

How do you feel about a quarterstaff with a mace head at either end? Like spiked mace heads?

Or perhaps a double ended halberd?
There is a double scimitar in the Eberron book, if you have access to it. What effect are you looking for it to have?
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 06:28 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Just as a fancy/flashy gladiator weapon that would mimic her Greataxe, she wouldn't even use it in real combat, it's more just for show. She can't even effectively use both ends in the same attack but her Show-fights are usually rigged in her favor, whether it's man or beast, her manager can't risk his only gladiator in every fight. She's more like a bodybuilder that dance-fights.