RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 16th, 2020, 08:36 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6472
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Star-Crossed Descent

Game NameStar-Crossed Descent
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeLost in the wilderness with the heir of your sworn enemy
FlavourSandbox-y, Political intrigue, Possible forbidden romance, Moral choices, Burgeoning war.
Plot Summary
Star-crossed Descent:
left-aligned image

In the land of Nemedia, two nations strive to rule over the other. The nation of Rastigar are an industrial people, surviving in the frozen north and building technological wonders in cities built entirely of stone and metal. The nation of Temeria in the warm to temperate south are a magical people, erudite and somewhat aloof, living in cities of wood and light. For a thousand years and through nine generations, these two kingdoms have teetered on the brink of utilitarian peace and all out war. While in Temeria, magic is a way of life and the natural world is kept at close to it's natural state as possible, In Rastigar, Magic is outlawed and stone, steel and fire keep it's people safe and warm.

To keep the peace, as it is, every twenty years for the last thousand, The firstborn heir to each throne trade kingdoms for a month, as is customary, in order to re-negotiate the peace treaty. This time, though, is different. Temeria developed something that threatens the peace between the two kingdoms, something that could turn the tide of any war between them, Magical airships and thus, in counter, Rastigar rushes to build their own airships to counter, fueled by technology rather than magic. As a grand showing of their ingenuity, the ruler of Rastigar proposes trading the Heir Diplomats via airship travel and Temeria agreed. They would each send out airships to meet in the air above the mountainous forest that creates the border between the two kingdoms, until now, nearly impassable.

Not everyone wants the peace to continue though. Parties on both sides have conspired together to spark off the powder keg between the two kingdoms. The Diplomatic Trade will be the stage since the main purpose of the trade was that if both sides possess the heir to the opposing kingdom, they wouldn't dare attempt treachery with their own heir so close to danger. As the ships meet, high above the middle ground and moor to one another to commence the trade, a spell flies and a musket barks, and like a powder keg, the decks of both ships erupt in battle. Fortunately, the Heir Diplomats are safe in their respective cabins aboard their kingdom's ships but not for long as both ships start to careen in the air, spinning like a whirlwind, one dragging the other until they both hurdle down into the mountainous forest below.

In all the spinning and falling, every soldier left on the deck that survived the battle were thrown to their deaths and the Heir Diplomats where knocked unconscious within their cabins. When they awake, they will find themselves very alone except for one another and in a very bad predicament, lost in the forest, miles from their own respective kingdoms.

Details:
-Players: 2, One Termerian Heir and One Rastigarian Heir
-System: DnD 5e fantasy
-Level: 3rd
-Races: You are human in appearance but you are either from one kingdom or the other.
-Age: You are being sent to the opposing kingdom on the day of your twentieth birthday
-Stats: 27 point buy
-HP: Max at 1st level and average 2nd and 3rd
-Equipment: Starting equipment per Class and Background. Rastigarians can switch out a 2d8 piercing 3 lb. Ammunition (range 40/l20), reload (6 shots)Revolver, 2d10 piercing 8 lb. Ammunition (range 80/240), reload (5 shots), two-handedLong Rifle or 2d8 piercing 7 lb. Ammunition (range 30/90), reload (2 shots), two-handedShotgun with 20 of appropriate ammunition in place of martial weapons.
-Deadline: November 29th pending player interest.

Races:

Applications:
Name: Rastigarians use Russian naming conventions and Temerians use Elven naming conventions
Kingdom: Rastigarian or Temerian
Gender/Orientation: Help in choosing the pair.
Background: From the PHB
Personality Traits: At least 2
Ideal: At least 1
Bond: At least 1
Flaw: At least 1
Personality: At least 1 paragraph
Appearance: At least 1 paragraph with a sizable image. If you need help resizing, let me know.
Backstory: Your life as an heir to the throne might include a very good education befitting your kingdom, possible military service, and indoctrination to your kingdom's policies.
RP Sample: RP your character's last conversation with their father before they are send on their diplomatic mission or give me a couple links to your previous work, a combat post and a out-of-combat post.

Username Character Kingdom
Aeom Elrand Skilfingar Temeria
ElilHroiRah Sumnes Teuivae'Tel'Irinal Temeria
Strange2099 Sergei Rachmaninoff Rastigar
Raada Inessa Ivanov Rastigar

Last edited by Arthilian01; Yesterday at 10:20 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 09:10 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37463
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Looks like you're on your fifth active ad thread this month. Do you really have time to run all these games?
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Unfortunately, Three games since I have come back are quite slow going likely since they have been resurrected.

This is a short recruitment, 2 weeks and see what kind of players interest I can get.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Nov 16th, 2020 at 10:35 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 05:52 PM
long-running lower case

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5418
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Application withdrawn with apologies.

Last edited by orcbane; Nov 27th, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 06:06 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Bonus points for being the first to apply, Orcbane! Thank you!
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
If it's any comfort to any potential applicants, I will be letting the players help choose the partners so, in other words, I won't be rigging the game for a romantic only story.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4264
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Hi Arthilian,

I regret that I was unable to jump into your Vampire game (twice!) but as I mentioned there, I'll say again here: it's not for lack of interest! Your ideas are always so tempting ....
Let me see what I can come up with over the weekend, and hopefully it will be something good enough to be considered as an app for your game.
So ... placeholder!
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4957
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Well, I'm interested in making a dex based melee character of the Temerian background. Or possibly a Rastigarian cleric.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Fire away, Anamiac!

Those are very good choices!

Last edited by Arthilian01; Nov 20th, 2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 08:54 PM
long-running lower case

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5418
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Well, I'm interested in making a dex based melee character of the Temerian background. Or possibly a Rastigarian cleric.
As someone that is working on a Dex-based melee Temerian... bring it on! Let us share the challenge, and if one of ours proves the victor, the other's may serve and a backstory rival!

Good to see you still around, anamiac!

PS. I would be willing to submit a simultaneous Rastigarian app, in hope that it would improve the odds of you and I gaming together again.We could each submit an app of one of each!

Last edited by orcbane; Nov 20th, 2020 at 08:56 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 09:02 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcbane View Post
As someone that is working on a Dex-based melee Temerian... bring it on! Let us share the challenge, and if one of ours proves the victor, the other's may serve and a backstory rival!

Good to see you still around, anamiac!

PS. I would be willing to submit a simultaneous Rastigarian app, in hope that it would improve the odds of you and I gaming together again.We could each submit an app of one of each!
That is a perfectly good idea but make sure you spoiler your less preferred choice!
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1741
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star

Old Nov 26th, 2020, 01:29 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 556
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Arthilian, app is in Dev, let's talk!

WIP
Applications:

left-aligned image
Elrand Skilfingar Of Temeria

Class: Druid (2) Rouge (1)

Gender/Orientation: Male

Background: Noble

Personality Traits:
~I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.

~I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry Owlbear.

Ideal: Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without
coddling from my family. (Chaotic)

Bond: My house's alliance with another noble family must be sustained at all costs.

Flaw: I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Last edited by Aoem; Nov 26th, 2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 455
ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah
This sounds really cool. Not sure if I'll be able to fish up an idea with any real chance of success, but I would like to try So if it's cool I'll leave this post as a placeholder and hopefully be back in the next day or so to see how far I can get with an application

EDIT: Ok, WIP below
EDIT 2: Ok, still WIP...but already way longer than I expected
EDIT 3: Spoilering for length

Last edited by ElilHroiRah; Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
I would love to see what you cook up, Elilhroirah!