StarWars Game of Thrones: After the Throne - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 19th, 2020, 11:26 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Headgames010 Headgames010
Game of Thrones: After the Throne

Game NameGame of Thrones: After the Throne
Game SystemStar Wars RPG
ThemeThe world of Westeros after the events of the Book/show
FlavourHigh Fantasy. Kings and queens, knights and dragons
Plot SummaryThe game is set in the world of Westeros after the events of the Books and show. Brandon Stark has been named the New King of the 7 Kingdoms by a new council of Lords from each kingdom.
But Brandon becomes too preoccupied with being the Three-Eyed raven and hands over his power to his sister Sansa Stark, who becomes the new Queen of Westeros. In an attempt to appease all the Lords of Westeros Sansa declarers that the lords of each respected kingdom will be Kings and rule their individual kingdoms as they see fit. They will meet once a year in the ruins of King Landing to keep an open dialog.

Sansa became Queen of the North. Lord Vance Royce took power from Lord Robyn Arryn who was exiled for the crimes of his mother. He flees to Winterfell where he is accepted by his cousins the Starks.

Lord Bronn of the Blackwater becomes known as the "Mercenary King" and runs his kingdom with a tight fist using an group of personally trained "personal guard" known as the "Black Cloaks". He seeks to marry into a noble Dronish house to see if he can establish power in the civil war torn nation without a ruler. Gendry Baratheon becomes the new Storm King and re establishes his house of Baratheon and takes a wife. He slowly builds his power and army while he runs a strict set of Social laws and boundaries. He strives to build the perfect military state.

There is no king of the Westlands and some of the noble houses bicker over who should take the place of the Lannisters as the ruling house. But the realm descends into lawlessness as pirates and cut throats infiltrate the Kingdom.

Edmure Tully decides to give up his Lord Ship after his wife becomes almost anatomic after being imprisoned, raped by Lannister soldiers, and losing her new born baby and entire family of Frey. He travels north and asks to be trained by Lady Brianne of Tarth to become an honorable knight ( even though he already is an anointed knight by name only. This begins to bother him.) Houses Bracken and Blackwood start a bitter feud over who will be king. And Yara Greyjoy becomes Queen of the iron Islands and makes and claims some land in the lawless Westlands and tries their hand at farming..

.. And arriving on the shores of Dragonstone.. Dario Daharius discovers that Queen Daenerys was killed by a Northern Bastard named Jon Snow an vows to avenge his queen. He travels north, recruiting some dissident Dathraki warriors on the way, to search for his Queen's killer.
.. and the dragon Drogon roams the skies of the Reach casually hunting and looking for a new mother/companion..

Character Creation
We will be using the West End games d6 system to create characters. You may create a new unique character or play an existing character with approval by the GM. I wish to work with the players to further the story of Westeros in an episonic type of continuing story.
You will start with 11D to allocate to you attribute. Please reffer to the Star Wars West End games Advanced 6d system for further rules.

There are no classes per say only templates of anything you can think of. Like Westerosi Knight, Dathraki Screamer, Noblewoman of the Reach, Warrior of the Island Islands, Wildling, for example. You will gain character points to spend on your skills under your 6 attributes.

The attributes are:
Dexterity: Deals with Aim, ranged weapons, all sorts of combat including dodging and parrying.
Intelligence: Governs knowledge skills and different languages.
Mechanical: Skills such as Horseback Riding, Sailing
Perception: Is the characters intuition and cunning. Also deals with reaction time in a round.
Charisma: Represents the characters natural aura magnetism and persuasiveness.
Strength: Determines physical damaging skills and like lifting and swimming
Technical: Knowledge of performing specialized tasks such as Sewing/Weaving, First Aid

Each of these 7 attributes will start with a D code or how many d6 you roll to check that ability against a difficulty determined by the GM. You may allocate 19 D to these Attributes, none of which may be higher then 4D to start. Spending character points in the game can make them higher representing training.
You then get 12 points to spend on skills under the attributes. This is don't at character creation and you can't raise a skill by more then 4. So if you Dexterity is 4D, you can spend 4 points raising your Bastard Sword skill to 8D. So when you swing your bastard Sword, you would roll 8D6 against the difficulty to see if you hit.
When you adventure you'll get "CP" to put in specific skills under an attribute. So to raise your Bastard Sword skill under Dexterity, you would need to spend the D code in pips to raise it by +1. When a skill is raised to the third pip it raises to the next D code.
For example: You character has a Dexterity of 4D ( you used 4 of the starting 11D for your Dexterity.) You want to make your character better with a bastard sword. Your Bastard Sword skill starts at 4D. By spending 4 character points or CP you raise the score to 4d+1. Another 4 CP would raise it to 4D+2, and then another 4 CP would raise it to 5D. To raise an attribute you must spend the number before the D in CP times 10. So to raise your dex from 4D to 5D would cost 120 CP

Those whoa are interested in trying should be familiar with the story and world of Game of Thrones and be practical, not too long and drawn out writers. It is generally a dialogue driven story so I would encourage that sort of writing. Those who are interested we can go over your characters in more detail upon expressing interest. Thank you.

Last edited by Headgames010; Nov 21st, 2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 02:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Interested in playing a character with ties to the Greyjoys; however, since there's just Yara/Asha left, I'll probably be a member of one of the lesser houses like the Harlaws. I'll try to dig into the game system tonight.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 07:56 AM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Ok sounds good! Greyjoy is a fine choice. Now since queen Yara has vowed to end all reeving and plundering by her people ( their whole way of life until now ) It will be a challenge for Yara to keep her people in line and demand loyalty. What side of the fence will you be on do you think? With Yara and the new Ironborn or sticking to the old ways and rebelling against the new monarch? Or.. Maybe Yara is convinced that it's not possible for them not to live that way. Maybe they start being farmers and just can't get the hang of it. ( that might be humorous seeing Ironbound try and sew the fields.) Maybe even Yara says F it! We're Reevers..now that Queen Daenerys is dead.

Many role playing opportunities there for sure.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Ghrimm Ghrimm
I did always love this system - and who doesn't love some GOT. I've looked over the rules a bit and I am wondering if you will be using merits & flaws? Also, if I want to be a wildling or have a strong connection to the blood of the first men (ie. a greenseer or warg) how would we go about selecting that during character creation? (Seems like a warg could use the merit ally to create a companion animal possibly.)
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 09:15 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Well you can make Warging skill like force skill in Star Wars perhaps. So when you start a Warg Character maybe we can say your "Warging Skill" starts at 1D and you can put up to 4 of your starting 11D in it if you wish. It should be a tricky power to use but this way you could start with 5D. Like That Greenseer guy Jojen Reed? He was physically kinda weak and stuff but he was strong in seeing, maybe he went that rout. But Bran was a normal stark with the abilities, but not as strong to start as Jojen. Does that work? And I am not familiar with the Merits and flaws I will have to look at it. Do you like it? Im not familiar as I did not use them or remember seeign them when I ran Star Wars games PnP.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 10:35 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ghrimm Ghrimm
Merits and flaws looked they might be useful but you would definitely want to put a limit on the number of points you could take, and make them balance out to zero. My version of the Star Wars game didn’t have them though so definitely optional.

Since warging and green deer are both tied to the blood of the first men perhaps that would be the stat and the two powers skills? Or there would be two stats? Have to go back and remind myself how the force skills were set up.

Last edited by Ghrimm; Nov 20th, 2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 07:06 AM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
But ya I think that would be how we would do the special powers. I wonder if we could add Illusion or Magik, although that might be more of a learned trick in Westeros, although it seemed to me there was actual magic in Quaath and like dragons it was hinted to exist long ago.

Just a funny though, imagine you played a white walker lol

" run full tilt at that character and attack! I turn and run full tilt at that guy and ATTACK! lol'"
anyway.. ya lets make Warging and Green Seeing seperat skills that start at 1. You can keep them at 1 and raise them latr, or you can use up to 4 skill dice from your starting 24? Does that work. They are inate, representing the free 1D in the skills, and not every character has them like the Force sensitive character, but you can take away from your other skills and dump a bunch in warging. Like we'll say to take over a creatures mind they must have 2D or less in intelligence and the DC is 16+ the defenders Willpower of Perception total. So this makes the skill rather difficult and you can't do it to like a maester, but you can do it to animals and real dim wits like Holdor, although it is hard. So it is difficult just to initiate the powers and only the ones with most warging skill can do it. Are you thinking Warg? And I think you can be any descendent of the First Men right? It seems like a fluke natural occurrence. So could you be the bastard of a Northman and find out you posses the powers? I wonder. Imagine you were evil of a thief and discovered you had these powers lol

So what are you thinking Northman? Wildling? The Wildlings as you know are now lords of the north beyond the broken wall and have a lot more interaction with Westeros now. lots of roleplaying possibilities. The wildlings still have enemies in the North, like the Umbers, Dario Daharrius and the Dathraki.. Imagine a battle between Jon Snow, Tormund and friends against Dario and a group of Dathraki horse lords. Would be an awesome fight.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 08:46 AM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Example of a Character: And my mistake from earlier. You have 19 points to spend on attributes.

You get 12 points to spend on skills. You may spend one of those points and get three specialized skills at 1D higher under a skill. For example if your Melee Combat is 4D. One of your three specializations can be Rapier, which would be 5D. You could take a specialty of dodging arrows, as a less obvious example. Those skills start at your attribute's Dcode.

Template Type: Noble of the Reach
Name: Lara Westbrook, Lady of Honeyholt
Player: Headgames
Sex: Female

Wounded
wounded:
Incapacitated:
Mortally Wounded:

Dexterity: 3D
Melee Weapon: 4D
Rapier(Sp): 5D
Bow:
Dancing: 5D
Dodge: 4D
Parry:
Intelligence: 2D
Knowledge: Reading/Writing
Knowledge: Westeros
Knowledge: Animal Husbandry
Horses(SP): 3D

Mechanical: 4D
Horseback Riding: 8D
Strider(Sp): 9D

Perception: 3D
Etiquette:
Hide:
Art: Painting:
Empathy: 5D

Charisma: 4D
Animal Handling: 5D
Strider: 6D
Willpower:

Strength: 2D
Jumping:
Climbing:
Lifting:
Stamina:
Running:

Technical : 3D

Last edited by Headgames010; Nov 21st, 2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 11:41 AM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Ive edited the character gen rules sorry I thought I knew them off by heart I didn't.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 02:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ghrimm Ghrimm
I am leaning towards a northern bastard, wildling + Karstark. His ultimate goal might be to become legitimized and restore the Karstark name/lands. Thinking he would have a touch of the greensight now, leaning away from warging. Might come as flashes of insight in battle and "feelings" about situations and people. Also thinking he was raised by his wildling family so isn't the traditional warrior - short spear and buckler, maybe twin hand axes - not sure.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 09:09 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Nice. I like that idea. Just a thought/idea.. So maybe your parents were involved in a wildling raid and your mother was captured and taken as a slave beyond the wall for the wildlings. Your mother proved well behaved and an honorable woman and she eventually became a respected member of the tribe? Or maybe a daughter of Lord Karstark? Maybe after you are born as a 9 year old or so, a Feng tries to steal your mother and take her for his own killings a few of your tribe to get her. She dies in the fighting in front of your eyes so you vow vengeance, so you hunt down the Feng and kill him, then decide wildling society is too savage and you want to explore, like you said, rebuilding your house after the conflict with the Starks and Lannisters. Just an idea. We'll have to come up with the backstory

Last edited by Admin Dirk; Nov 23rd, 2020 at 07:52 PM. Reason: making it PG 13 for google adsense
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 09:26 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Im trying to find some greenseer abilities. Prophetic dreams is one. They say power over nature and animals. I am assuming talking to them or an empathic link? Talking to plants? ( how many feet went past here...."many") Maybe a difficult skill would be the ability to teleport from Sacred Tree to sacred tree? Like a power not discovered yet and extremely hard to do?
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 07:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
I'm still interested. Thinking of playing a reaver who doesn't want to give up reaving. I haven't had much chance to flesh him out much more, but yeah he goes by Gem, Gem Harlaw. He enjoys stealing the jewelry off women, among other things. Not a very nice guy, certainly. I'll try to flesh him out more after the holidays. Do you have anything in particular you're looking for in your character apps, or are you just looking for a broad concept for now?
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 09:11 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
lol nice. I nice hobby. lol. I like the name too. Ok. Let's seeeee....

I think it would be cool maybe if he secretly wanted to keep Reeving going, like not openly, like maybe a group of Iron Born STAGE and attack on their new farming settlement... hhmmmm... and a group of Reevers possibly lead by you, insist they pay the Iron Price for their... whatever they did. Hmm what are some other options.. I kinda like the staged attack idea, drawing Queen Yara into a war perhaps with the kingdom their in or.. or.. the Ironborn settlement gets crushed by the Riverlords... oh ya!! And your character and Queen Yara perhaps seek ahrd core revenge and go back even harder as Ironborn. I like that.

Any of that seem reasonable?

Because.. the Riverlords have been targets of Ironborn Raids for centuries and a lot of them would be like, " There's no way in hell we're letting them start a colony on the mainland. I really like this idea. Animosity and strife

Last edited by Headgames010; Nov 25th, 2020 at 09:13 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 09:19 PM
DM

Tools
User Statistics
Oooor... an Ironborn civil war where a group of dissidents reeve the new Ironborn colony, claiming they are no longer Ironborn since they go against their words.

And then maybe.. just a crazy idea... bloody civil war between the ironborn breaks out, so then a forien army sweeps in, like Gendry's Baratheon's and puts an end (almost ) to all Ironborn except a few hardcores. Or it just pushes the waring ironborn to fight the foreign force together and they officially go to war