twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 02:11 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5863
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
I've seen Codger work. This will be brutal.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:28 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
RubbleGrayne's morning ritual involved meditation and practiced connection to the earth. The ancestral Goliath spirits are ground-based, and Grayne senses them each time he focuses his mind below him. The natural realm responds to the combination of his heritage, his personality, and his need. Nature is represented by any fey spirit in the area, who embody rubble and stones to create a physical form. He ends his mental search of the area by opening his eyes to see if anything has responded. Today, he is rewarded with a tiny fey sprite. The gravel at his feet begin shaking, then roll together in a small pile. The pile shifts and vibrates, pushing and pulling until its form resembles a tiny bull. The mini-bull's stone hooves scraped at the dirt, and a huff of dust escaped it's grainy nostrils. There is a silent exchange of pleasantries, as Grayne wishes much peace to the fey and the bull wishes long life and joy to the Goliath. Under some circumstances Grayne is allowed to ask a service of the fey, but he does not do so on this morning. There are no warnings to convey, no danger to portent. They simply meet, greet, and go their separate ways. The bull fey dissipates, leaving behind a pile of rubble of unusual, unnatural shape: a landvættir.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Been there, done that

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5045
Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger
Oh hell yes, this won't be low level to start. Besides racial HD even. I need my books to put a number on it but have no fear on that count.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:23 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10118
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Rubblehe bull fey dissipates, leaving behind a pile of rubble of unusual, unnatural shape: a landvættir.
I had to look that up. That's pretty cool. I thought of Iceland's trolls--and how they're still a little weird about building roads and such there--and was happy to see the connection!
Old 12-12-2017, 04:01 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Another day in paradiseTopaz last ate a day ago, but she has a plan.

She squats behind the boulder, only the top of her head and her eyes showing, her ears flattened and out of the way, her whiskers back. She's up a stony slope from the burrow, which is in a narrow arroyo.

She had found the burrow a few hours ago. The size of her fist, it contains two baby bunnies. They snuggled tight together, eyes squinched closed against the pale winter light as she regarded them. She's pretty hungry.

But Katha has told her many times, and she's seen with her own eyes: a mother rabbit will stay away for most of the time, but return to the burrow to nurse her babies. When this happens, Topaz will eat the mom and keep the babies as her own pet bunnies.

So she waits, quiet as a rock, thinking rock thoughts, trying to be a rock, hoping that being a rock and downwind will fool the mother into thinking no one's there.

The baby bunnies will be named Furry and Fuzzy. They will enjoy tea parties at every reasonable opportunity.

scrttch

Her eyes go wide at the sound. Too big for a bunny! She watches a humaniod shape come into view, moving stealthily along the stony arroyo, climbing--toward the burrow, toward her. Pausing to scent the air from time to time, clad in good furs.

The interloper finds the burrow! Sniffing all along the ground and catching sight of the same subtle hole Topaz had! Then the person reaches into the burrow and eats the baby bunnies.

In sheer shock and outrage Topaz stands bolt upright. But the person isn't looking at her. The person throws back their hood--and it's a young gnoll! He raises his bloodied hands to the air and chants:

"Thank you, gods of earth and sky
For leading me to food this day.
If today should be the day I--"

---"DIIIIIEEEEE!"
Topaz screams, tearing out fro behind the rock and sprinting toward the gnoll. His eyes go saucer-wide as she bears down on him, terror radiating off her like some kind of dark sunshine, and he's frozen stock-still, and she can't BELIEVE HE ATE FURRY AND FUZZY who were THE BEST BABY BUNNIES EVER and her mother's old sword is in her hands and the gnoll can't seem to move and in slow motion her SCREAMS are making him open up and now red is everywhere and it smells good tastes good so there's more red and NO ONE SHOULD EAT BABY BUNNIES!!!

Panting, Topaz comes to herself. The gnoll is strewn in at least a dozen pieces all over the area. Even the nice furs he was wearing--which would've done so well to help keep her warm--are sliced and slashed beyond recognition. She slowly fingers part of his cloak, useless now. She sobs a small sob. And heads back up the rocky slope.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:38 PM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Well that sets a hell of a tone now doesn't it. I'll step up my game, I promise.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
I'm trying to keep up here. Grayne feels pretty real already. Remember I seldom got to play as much as I'd have liked.

Rusty...
Old 12-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Been there, done that

Tools
User Statistics
The game has been requested ....
Old 12-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Been there, done that

Tools
User Statistics
Also, I don't have Races of Stone, so I need base info on Goliaths.

Last edited by Codger; 12-12-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:28 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
This is what I was going with for flavor

...And this, maybe, for mechanics...?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:04 AM
Been there, done that

Tools
User Statistics
New digs:

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...73#post7794573
Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 AM
LOC-NAR

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin gaijin View Post
One of the things I enjoyed about the first generation Goliaths (which DMs hated) was that Powerful Build granted them usage of one-size larger weapons. It just makes so much sense...