RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12805
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Need help with game creation queue

Okay, so I goofed on requesting a game and did not check/unchecked the box for "Create Ad Thread Now." The result being that I have a game request in the queue, but no advertisement thread to generate the interest needed to get that game approved. I assume the option to not create an ad thread is for people who already have all the players they need?

I tried redoing the request, but was told that I already have a game in the queue by that name.

Would (could?) an admin please delete the existing request in the thread so that I may create a new one with the proper box checked to create an ad thread?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17152
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
You can go to your Dungeon Master Control Panel (in the Tools drop-down top right) and edit your existing request. That will issue an ad, when you select the right box and save the change.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Thanks Wynamoinen!
Old 09-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Follow up: How do I make the title of my ad thread boldface like all the other ones??
Old 09-06-2019, 02:43 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23415
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Bold/non-bold thread titles indicate which threads you've clicked on to read (more specifically which have unread posts since you last opened them). Thus, to you, yours doesn't look bold because you've opened it (from another link is also sufficient, if I'm not mistaken), whereas the others do because you haven't read them. To other players, your advert thread title will look bold (until they click on it)
Old 09-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inem View Post
Bold/non-bold thread titles indicate which threads you've clicked on to read (more specifically which have unread posts since you last opened them). Thus, to you, yours doesn't look bold because you've opened it (from another link is also sufficient, if I'm not mistaken), whereas the others do because you haven't read them. To other players, your advert thread title will look bold (until they click on it)
*sigh* 2,000+ posts and I spaced on the very obvious. Thanks.

Follow-up (this is my first shot at GMing, bear with me) -- Can a game name be changed once it is approved? I thought I needed to add [B][/B] to make the title bold faced and now the title literally has [B][/B] around it.

I haz the dumb this week.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17152
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
You need an Admin for that - Inem and I are mere lowly moderators and don't have that level of permissions. Admin Dirk is probably your best bet, to send a PM with the request.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks again guys, you've been really helpful and I appreciate your work.