RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-23-2019, 05:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1311
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Verdigris’ Reunion

OOCVerdigris is back with the group! The story required me to gloss over this in the main game thread, but now let’s take a moment for these characters to reminisce about the reunion (or first meeting, in Alys’ case) with our favorite Ravenite those few hours ago.

Lazer, feel free to join in from Confire’s point of view. Just remember, he knows he is about to betray them all at this point and much (although maybe not all) of the face he has presented recently has been a lie.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1311
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman
Verdigris stood in the common room of another, much nicer inn. He shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot. How would the others react? Would they be happy to see him? Ron's own attitude was hard to read, but he was hung over and seemed troubled by something. So much time had passed since they all said their farewells in the K'Tawl. He had experienced and learned so much, and they would have done the same. They would have all grown so much closer. Would he still fit? All these thoughts and others swirled in his head as Ron went to eat. He stood and waited patiently for someone else to come down. The sound of feet on the stairs caused him to look up, and he smiled nervously. "Hello."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey
"Hello."

The voice was uncannily familiar and it pulled him to an immediate stop. Cyprian looked up from fiddling with his bracers and blinked. A dragonborn was standing in the common room looking up at him.

"Verdigris?" There was a strange amount of emotion in the assassin’s tone, taken completely off guard at seeing him there. Cyprian sounded mostly confused, shocked and maybe even relieved.

Cyprian hadn't realized how much Verdigris's departure had affected him until he returned. At their last meeting, he had cut off any emotion, but it didn't resolve anything as sat, tucked away. An unexpected feeling lit up, one that he hadn't felt in so long he thought it gone forever. It was joy. He couldn't recall the last time he was actually happy to see someone he knew until that moment.

A thousand questions ran though his mind as he descended the last few steps, closing the gap and a small, but an uncharacteristically genuine smile crept into his face.

He still sounded perplexed but far less shocked than before, "Don’t tell me you got lost on your little solo mission, did you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit
She walked back in the inn in this mood, as Cyprian was asking Verdigris about getting lost, and walked right past the Dragonborn, only to turn and look at him with a glare. "Where the F*%# you been?! Do you have any idea what we've been through? I died. Again. Almost lost my daggers... AGAIN... "
The mean stare fades slowly to change to that of a huge Sh*t eating grin. She rushes to him and the five foot one inch Shifter hugs the five foot eight inch tall Dragonborn as she breaks into a joyful chuckle.
She hadn't realized how much she had taken to him, especially since he dove into the swamps to get her dagger.
No one ever had, and probably ever would do such a thing for someone like her.

She quickly pushed away from him to look quite serious and say, "You are... back, aren't you?"
When it was confirmed, she quickly turned to Cyprian and said, "Not a word about this you hear? Me and you... We..."
She points with her cane back and forth from herself to Cyprian a few times, indicating there was something between them and he knew what it was.

Last edited by 4eyedBadger; 06-23-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2954
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Confire was actually enjoying himself. Recently it had been as though a huge weight had been lifted from his mind, or as though a blindfold had been removed and suddenly he was able to avoid obstacles before they whacked him on the nose. He was currently sitting with the rest of the group, the Seven Knaves as they were coming to be known (Confire had to stifle a grin every time the name was used, knowing that using the word “seven” betrayed a hopeless naiveté which would soon be shattered), and he had been sharing the story of how he had once stumbled into a long-term con just as it was about to culminate, and not only had he ruined the plans of the conmen in question, but had also ended up bedding the sister of one of them. He had just got to the part where he had thrown the stray cat into the face of a hired goon when Cyprian and Talia got up from the table and walked away to the bar. He frowned; Talia had heard this story before, but Cyprian had no excuse. He held back a smile as he thought about how the tables would soon turn.

"…And do you know what the dredger did?" he continued, drawing the question out to enhance the anticipation, "He screamed, the most girly scream you will ever hear, Noooo, I’m allergic to cats!" He paused for a few seconds to allow his audience to laugh and took the opportunity to have a big pull at his ale. He put it down carefully on the table, just off to the side of the ring that it had left previously. He had been doing this all night, making a complex pattern of interlocking rings which would gradually fade before the pattern was finished. But that was okay. He was a patient man and time was on his side.

Before he could launch back into the final act of his story Cyprian and Talia returned, and then something loomed up behind them. Confire’s eyes widened for a moment and he tensed up before he realised what it was… the lizardman!

"Verdigris?!" he said, his tone somewhere between incredulity and amusement. "I thought you liked the swamp, did you get lost!?"

OOC

Last edited by Lazer; 06-23-2019 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4246
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Verdigris
right-aligned image
Verdigris was pleasantly surprised by the smile on Cyprian's face as the man recognized him. He was about to respond when Talia's sudden outburst rocked him back on heels, then he was suddenly being hugged by the tiny shifter. Unused to the sensation, he awkwardly folded his arms around her for a brief moment, then relaxed a little as hugging seemed to be a pleasant pastime. Another familiar voice and Confire came into view. His smile widened into one of genuine delight as one-by-one he was reunited with these people. Talia's hug had earned her the first response. Releasing her when she pushed away, he met her eyes and nodded solemnly. "I am back."

He took a deep breath as he considered his next words. Cyprian and Confire had asked the same thing. "Lost?" He shook his head after rolling the word around on his tongue for a moment. "I knew where I was, but not where to go." He looked around the room briefly, and realized that he had the attention of not only these three, but also everyone who was waiting for the end of Confire's story. Perhaps this was not the time or place. "Where is Ada, Bellamy?" He had a brief worry that he was too late and that darkness had overtaken him on the road, claiming one of his friends. But nobody seemed to be in mourning. "Ron is eating." He nods to the dining area where the enforcer is stuffing his face. "Everyone together, that would be best."
OOC

Old 06-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2642
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Ronald ‘One-Bone’ Devyn
right-aligned image
Ron is still very drunk when he brings Verdigris back to the inn after a night of drinking with his new friends. He insists that the dragonborn sneak into the common room. ”Is cause I don’t think they serve horses in here. Even a horse like you,” he drawls, his head bobbing on his shoulders as he tries to come up with a way to sneak the ravenite into the building. He seems quite oblivious to the fact that his friend doesn’t, in fact, look like a horse, which makes this a rather futile endeavor. Fortunately nobody questions why the rather confused looking Verdigris, humoring his friend, seems to do a little pretend sneaking whenever the enforcer spares a glance in his direction.

As the others come down to breakfast, the roaring drunk Ron recalls something someone said about eating something before bed after a night on the town to stop the hangover. Might have been Deadpan-Gwen, the serving wench from The Serpent Tavern. She had good advice for most of her patrons. And poor Ewan really should have taken her advice not to touch her bottom as she was serving him food, since she unfortunately killed him by bashing his head in with her heavy iron skillet, earning her the nickname she probably still bore to that day.

Ron grins as he thinks about how he and some other regulars disposed of Ewan’s body into the swamp, and that someone started the rumor that the dead man had lost a lot of coins gambling and had probably fled town.

Taking Gwen advice, as most men who knew the truth at least pretended to do after that pan-incident, Ron now gets a generous helping of porridge as well as a heap of bacon, a plate of several fried eggs and bread with butter, washing his breakfast down with ale. When he sees the others sitting around he brings his food over, sitting at the table and stuffing his face.

”Why are you surprised he’s back?” Ron asks, his mouth still full of food, making it hard to hear what he’s saying. ”He’s our friend, right? I’m just surprised he found us here. There are so many people in this city. Many, many people…” he says, his voice trailing off as he loses is train of thought. He blinks, and then stuffs a heel of bred dipped into the bacon grease into his mouth, chewing noisily with his mouth open. Apparently his table manners are even worse when he’s drunk.

OOC

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 06-24-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3031
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
The city of Westrunn had so far been kind to them it seemed, at least as far as conflict was concerned. Doc was returning from a long day of so far fruitless research, her mood not so foul as it was exhausted. She pushes through the door, ready to simply partake of whatever slop the inn would be serving before retiring for the night, but the scene within stops her in her tracks. A few of the others were gathered around one table - Ron was stuffing his face, while Confire, Cyprian and Talia were talking excitedly at a green figure.

"Well, well. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Doc says caustically as she walks forward to join the group. She has a stony expression on her face and she looks the ravenite up and down, taking his measure. But the ghost of a smile tugs on one side of her mouth and before long she has found a seat near Verdigris, looking him over for injuries now. "You're a long way from the swamp, you know."

StatBlock

Old 06-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Precisely when I mean to.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 834
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
Ada
left-aligned image

As Ada walked into the inn, she was happy to see the others already gathered. Everyone seems to be in one piece. Approaching their table, she barely registered the dragonborn, her brain assuming they were a contact, merchant, or even just a drinking companion.

It wasn't until she processed who it was that was standing by Bellamy and Talia that she dropped her travel mug on the inn's wooden floor. "Ver.. Verdigris!?" As she strode toward the druid, her mouth transforming quickly from the confusion of her realization to a wide grin. She stopped just short of arms reach.

"You already faced the darkness.. and are apparently back for more punishment?" She shook her head for a moment with a faux scowl. Quickly closing the distance, she threw a bear hug around her friend. "I'm so glad to see you."

PM if you need to get a hold of me quickly.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4246
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Verdigris
right-aligned image
Verdigris winced at Bellamy's tone and expression as she joined the group. This was the reaction he had feared from all of them. The others seemed pleased enough, but her anger stung him in particular. It was not all that long ago that they had shared their quiet expeditions into the K'Tawl, harvesting herbs for poultices and potions. But their choices had led them apart since then, paths diverging, experiences not shared. Unusual for a druid who lived his life in the `now`, he experienced a pang for what was lost and mourned roads not taken.

He mustered a smile to offer Ada as the circle is completed, returning her hug and looking around at the group. "As I am glad to see you. All of you." He grew somber as the reunited group sat around the table. He paused as he considered the revelations he had experienced before setting out on this path. They had seemed so clear at the time, but the feelings had become muddied and muted after only a few days on the road, and he struggled to put them into words. He starts with Ada's words.

"I did see darkness, the void." He speaks the next word with a specific emphasis. "Nothing poisons, hungers, devours from within." He paused, shaking a little at the memory of his own dreams. "I left. I am... sorry." He struggled with the common tongue, trying to put words to things he knows in his heart. "Sad, but necessary. I stayed to learn. K'Tawl is teacher, showed me danger. Danger for swamp, danger for everything, everyone. Darkness comes, strength is needed." He smiled a little despite the tone of his words, looking around at the group. "I knew where to find it. Together." He laces his fingers through each other like a net. "Strongest together. I need you, I stand with you. We face what comes."

He lapsed into silence again. Despite his own worries about how they would perceive his words, he looked around the table, meeting each person's eyes. This was at once the same Verdigris they remembered, but also stronger, with more confidence and purpose than the one they had left behind in the K'Tawl. He resumed his story in a more normal tone, with a simple retelling of events.

"I looked in Stilben. You were gone. Addison Shelley told me where." He stopped suddenly, and pulled a sealed envelope from his pouch. He slid it carefully across the table to Bellamy. "Sent this."
OOC

Last edited by hafrogman; 06-25-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7226
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Alys
left-aligned image
The lack of answers bothered her more than she was willing to admit. A faint lead in a group of oddballs and strangers living out in the sticks called the Ashari wasn't much to go on. But Alys didn't care, or so she told herself, and she'd die before admitting to having gone looking in the first place.

The inn, at least, was quite nice, and the city of Westruun was a wonder to explore. Big city life was growing on her. It was a much more comfortable stay than Meris' room in Stilben, better accommodations than the Grassy Gnoll too (though Alys wasn't sure if she was unfairly prejudiced against it, given the events of that evening.) It was still odd, being part of a group; a peripheral member, at that. That was something she'd reflected on often. With Meris and Emmet and the others from Drynna Alys had been the unquestioned leader. Her time, largely alone, in Stilben had ground that instinct down, and made her new situation that much more of a novelty.

She was musing on this, and other things, when she entered the inn's common room. A long day deserved a drink, though as she'd realized at the Grassy Gnoll it wasn't quite as much fun when you were served without incident. To her surprise, her companions one and all had gathered, seated around a curious looking dragonborn. He was a bronze-green, nearly as a broad as Ron. She approached behind them, listening over the din, to...someone talking gibberish?

Alys frowned, curious and a bit on edge. They seemed to be talking like old friends. Still frowning, she dragged over another chair and sat, eyes on the dragonborn.

When the conversation lulled, she nodded to him. Context and memory pulled it together. She remembered Cyprian's talk with Shelley, the mention of another. "Verdigris, I guess? Name's Alys. Nice to meet ya." She wasn't certain if that were true, yet. She liked the group well enough, and despite the improbability suddenly found herself wondering about her spot and her share.

StatBlock