RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1878
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
Yes, I have played Champions and Hero 5th edition, and run 5th edition. And perused 6th edition (I have the pdf rules).

The ministry angle would indeed be the primary focus, with the other stuff merely background. For example, no actual martial arts skills, except maybe a bare minimum familiarity with the whole concept. Familiarity with some medieval weapons that would show up in a show (swords, flails, mace, axe) but no combat levels. Any actual combat ability is going to have to rely in inherent athleticism and reflexes (higher than average OCV/DCV/Speed/running), and good luck or divine intervention (lucky breaks).

Faith skill sounds ideal for her, along with the complication of being an Evangelical/Conservative Christian.

A missions trip in her past, perhaps a summer in Haiti for example, is very credible. If you don't mind, we can just leave that open for you to surprise me with later (if voodoo zombies show up, and she has a flashback to something from a Haiti missions trip - maybe a medallion she found that she innocently brought back, then I'm fine with that. But let's not define her past trip location, so you have maximum flexibility).

Since the game is set in San Diego, how about a ministry that focuses on immigrants - we can be topical to one of the current hot-button news topics. That will tackle multiple issues, including homelessness and sex trafficking. Let's give her some spanish language ability (enough to communicate at least, but not as fluent as a native).

I was thinking of her having skills to care for (and ride) horses, (she learned to ride growing up), as a means to earn a living while engaging in a poorly supported ministry. It would also give her a means to have contacts with the wealthier folks (sometimes those are a different class of monster). But, I'm fine with dropping that - it's not core to the character, and usually the points run out before the ideas for how to spend them.

I'm thinking Charlie (short for Charlotte) Cavanaugh as her name.
Excellent! I have linked a character folder to the name in the table in the first post. Please look at the first pass up for you to review.

Last edited by HeroFan; 07-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:59 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
Komaru
Wow, that looks awesome!

I don't think she needs the HTH level. And we could drop the ranged weapons from the WF. And maybe the PD and ED (having the combat luck already). Because she really should have Faith skill. And if possible, a 3 speed would be really nice, so she can attempt more things in combat (expecting a high failure rate).
In 6E, does speed help her run away faster, or would she need to buy up running for that? Being able to run faster than the average victim might be nice.
Since 6E doesn't do figured characteristics, maybe she could drop her CON down to a 10 or 11 to free up points (there aren't any Con based skills that I recall, so it's just about con-stunning?). And she has no Dex based skills (not the full 3-pt skills anyway), so maybe that's a good stat to loot for points to help balance her out.

She needs another 10 points in complications. Is there something you recommend?
Old 07-13-2019, 12:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
Wow, that looks awesome!

I don't think she needs the HTH level. And we could drop the ranged weapons from the WF. And maybe the PD and ED (having the combat luck already). Because she really should have Faith skill. And if possible, a 3 speed would be really nice, so she can attempt more things in combat (expecting a high failure rate).
In 6E, does speed help her run away faster, or would she need to buy up running for that? Being able to run faster than the average victim might be nice.
Since 6E doesn't do figured characteristics, maybe she could drop her CON down to a 10 or 11 to free up points (there aren't any Con based skills that I recall, so it's just about con-stunning?). And she has no Dex based skills (not the full 3-pt skills anyway), so maybe that's a good start to loot for points to help balance her out.

She needs another 10 points in complications. Is there something you recommend?
Great! I made the changes and you should be able to see the new character sheet in the link now. I actually would like for you to look at the text in background, personality, etc and flesh it out, making it a little story or narrative instead of the brainstorming it is now, and I didn't feel like I had enough of a good feel for the character to point you in a particular direction for the last 10 points of complications. Is she bossy? Judgemental? Does she tend to acquire stalkers? (That wouldn't be very lucky...?). Hopefully by fleshing out the background and personality sections, you will get an idea for Complications.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Opening for new characters!

This game is open for new characters!
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
Hrm. I havn't played a Hero System game since early 90s Champions (unless you count the Champions MMO). I am interested, let me see if I can track down a 6th edition book and come up with a character idea. Just how mundane should characters be? I havnt looked at the other PC submissions
~Aly
Old 10-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
They should have no awareness of magic or monsters being a real thing. They should have the skills and or characteristics to have a chance to survive their first encounter, which will come as a total shock to them!
Old 10-06-2019, 01:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
They should have no awareness of magic or monsters being a real thing. They should have the skills and or characteristics to have a chance to survive their first encounter, which will come as a total shock to them!
Can they have some sort of supernatural bloodline?
Old 10-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
Can they have some sort of supernatural bloodline?
How do you mean? They might have some kind of destiny or notoriety among the supernatural community that they are completely unaware of, but no potential for “magical powers or abilities per de”, like maybe unbeknownst to them their mother was a famous monster hunter or something, but hard nope on their mother having been an elvin queen who they inherited the ability to cast spells from or somethings; not in this game at least.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
How do you mean? They might have some kind of destiny or notoriety among the supernatural community that they are completely unaware of, but no potential for “magical powers or abilities per de”, like maybe unbeknownst to them their mother was a famous monster hunter or something, but hard nope on their mother having been an elvin queen who they inherited the ability to cast spells from or somethings; not in this game at least.
Roger!
I managed to get my grubby paws on some 6th ed material, so I will work on something and get back to you asap
Old 10-06-2019, 11:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
Roger!
I managed to get my grubby paws on some 6th ed material, so I will work on something and get back to you asap
Okay! I use Hero Designer, but you don't have to have it; I will put whatever you give me into Hero Designer and export to PDf and link it in the first post.