Notices

Old May 4th, 2021, 02:07 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Wibs Wibs
Saying Hi :)

Hi Everyone!

I've DM'd D&D 5e for about a year now (another covid dm!) and have played as different PCs for about 4. I definitely wouldn't consider myself an expert, maybe an intermediate player. This would be my first time trying out PBP.

I'm currently the only person in my friend circles who is willing to DM, and I absolutely love it, but I've had so much inspiration for character creation the past few months and no room to play as a PC myself. As a Doctoral student studying music, PBP seems like a really great way to get this fix without scheduling 4 or 5 people for a new game, and I'm excited to try it out. Definitely interested in the "Solo Campaign for Newbies" stuff to start with. I'll also have to familiarize myself with the tools on the site, but I think I pick up things decently well (hopefully).

I'm excited to meet people, and thanks for having me!

-Trevor
Old May 4th, 2021, 02:19 PM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26589
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Good evening Wibs,

- what a cool username -
Welcome over here, an intermediate player you say? We can't get enough of those, we have a lot of new players and ancient ones but intermediate is extra welcome ;-). There are a lot of 5E games recruiting and if you check the top of the 'Games looking for players'- forum you can even see we offer games that are always recruiting, just create the character you want (do check the prerequisites of the DM though) and put it up in the recruitment/waiting list and all you have to do is wait and get a guaranteed spot. Sometimes patience is needed though but the benefit is you can make what you want and you can be sure the character will be roleplayed in an adventure :-)

Thanks for your introduction post, always the best way to start making friends
Old May 4th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19060
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hi there, Wibs! That's a fun username. It's also kind of refreshing to see a shorter username! Don't see that a lot anymore.

Woah! Doctoral student in music? That's pretty amazing! I have to imagine that, if you put playlists together for your sessions, they are out of this world! And if you don't, that's still a really cool place to be in in life. I wish you a ton of luck in your studies and profession.

If you've got any questions, let us know. We're happy to help.
AFK 20May-22May. Ten Year Anniversary!

Old May 4th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2681
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Wibs! I completely agree with you that PbP is the way to go to get your RPG fix on a busy schedule. I hope you're able to get into a few games on site to play as a PC!
Old May 4th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 820
Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko
Welcome to the Crossing Wibs!
Old May 4th, 2021, 05:47 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72328
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome

glad you joined us, and brought your DM/Gamer imagination. Love that.

This is a great place to try things out as a DM, and get your gaming/PC fix in at the same time/place. Happy gaming!
Old May 4th, 2021, 07:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38146
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You'll find no lack of D&D5 around these parts. It's the hottest game in town and for good reason! You'll be in 1/2/5/10 games before you know it.

We even have a character creation contest if you have an idea in your head that doesn't fit any games or of it's begging to be shared but you don't have the time for another game in your schedule.

We're a lot more than just play by post though. We have advice sections for both players and GMs, more forum games than you can shake a stick at, an unofficial discord server to shoot the breeze, and even a dedicated creative writing wing called the library! If you have free time we can kill it for you.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!

Community Supporters, it's time to do your civic duty! ;)
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:21 PM
Pisseur de copie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19837
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
So as a musicologist, are you ethically and philosophically obliged to play only bards?

Or after a hard dayís work of analyzing historical tonal shifts, are you itching to simply smash things as a barbarian?

Either way, Iím glad you joined us. Signing up for the New Player Solo Game is a great way to start; Iím sure youíll be drafting up characters and starting in games in no time.

Hmmm. Maybe multi-class bard/barbarian?
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:46 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9649
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:21 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Wibs Wibs
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! This seems like a great place and I'm happy I chose it. And yes, the music part of me haunts my D&D prep like nothing else, from playlists to class choices. I DO bring instruments to the table IRL..

See you all around!