twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2022, 09:45 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31091
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Round 3 Results

This was a close round if ever we had one! Legion(AnotherDragoon) had the easy lead, but 2nd place was extremely tight! Every bonus and mechanical point was critical in determining who would make it into the finale. I want to say congratulations for making it this far, and for making this such a memorable round to all our contestants. In the end Legion(AnotherDragoon) and Amari(Bushi) will be duking it out in the finale for the winner of Outplay 2022!

Treble83 and jbear, you two were both awesome this round, and for the whole event. Thank you so much for your participation, and your work to help make Outplay a great event. Hope to see you around in Fu's Bar, and perhaps in Outplay 2023!

On another note, to avoid a conflict of interest, I will not be judging in Round 4. Instead, I have asked rhaiber to fill in for me as a judge. Thanks, rhaiber, I owe you one!

Bhel's scores/feedback
Scoring Summary - Round 3
CategoryGhost(jbear)Legion(AnotherDragoon)Amari(Bushi)Little Glitch(Treble83)
Judges Average31.2536.5031.6732.75
Mechanical Score57105
Round 3 Bonus1212
Round 3 MPV Votes21 1
Totals39.2546.5042.6740.75
*Mechanical success was graded as follows: 0 success 0 points, 1-2 success 1 point, 3+ success 2 points
(On action rolls only, event rolls not included)

Round 3 Bonus Point Explanation
  • 1 point for performing an action that aids or buffs an ally (Amari(Bushi) used a heal (twice), Legion(AnotherDragoon) and Little Glitch(Treble83) both used a Buff as actions)
  • 1 point for using the environment to your advantage (Legion(AnotherDragoon) took cover in the crates, and Legion(AnotherDragoon) and Ghost(jbear) used the Oranges)
  • 1 point for best one-liner delivered during combat (All 4 judges had different favorite lines, but Little Glitch(Treble83) had the most overall votes, so gets the points here)

Round 3 MVP Vote Results
2 Points to 1st place in each bracket (Ghost(jbear))
1 Point to 2nd place in each bracket (Glitch(Treble83) tied with Legion(AnotherDragoon))

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 11th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 05:01 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24584
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Player Name jbear AnotherDragoon Bushi Treble83
Character Name Dwight Legion Amari Little Glitch
Enjoyability and Creativity 8 9 9 8
Clarity, Formating, and Technical 6 10 10 10
Grammer and Writing 7 7 6 6
Movement and Action 6 7 8 7
Totals 27 33 33 31

jbear - Glad to see you double down on the joke.

AnotherDragoon - Solid as Ever.

Bushi - The Art angle seems to be working for you, good job there. Gamble is paying out so far. The fourth wall leans less so, maybe scale back on them.

Treble83 - I'd say "Ride the lightning wagemage!" was the best one-liner. To be honest, I don't think there were any great ones but this fit well.

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 11th, 2022 at 10:14 PM. Reason: removed mechanical scores
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33628
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Judge NoteFav. One-liner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
"Look's like you're experiencing a little glitch!"

I don't care for one-liners mid-combat. But if I'm going to be asked to pick one, I'm definitely going to be aiming for the cheese-factor.

Round 3: Semi-Finals

Here we are at the Semi-finals! Be proud of the work you've put forward regardless of if you are still in the competition or not. The stories and characters you have introduced in this event will be remembered for years to come!
One thing that bears reminding is the objectives for the week! Imveros provided a handful of objects that will net you bonus points - with the exception of the ones that require votes from a different party grab them!!
They're often right there and easy for the taking!

Last edited by Retry; Aug 9th, 2022 at 02:20 PM.
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31091
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Bhel's scores/feedback
Scoring Summary - Round 3
CategoryGhost(jbear)Legion(AnotherDragoon)Amari(Bushi)Little Glitch(Treble83)
Enjoyability & Creativity89NA8
Clarity, Formatting, and Technical910NA9
Grammar & Writting1010NA9
Moved the Plot/True to Character89NA8
Total3538NA34

jbear - Ghost started off strong this round, despite some mishaps with names in the first post. (I've made this mistake many times myself... maybe even with some of your characters). I feel like some of the frustration you had and concern with the state of injuries expressed in the OOC thread carried a bit into your character posts, and Ghost seemed to lose a bit of momentum towards the end of the round, vs. carrying the scene and directing the action. Still really solid overall.

AnotherDragoon - Legion, to me, was the star this round, taking risks when needed, using the terrain, aiding his allies, and directing the group. I really liked that you took the risk of using a weapon, even though it wasn't optimized for your character. And, luckily the dice played in your favor here!

Bushi - Again, I am recusing myself from judging Bushi.

Treble83 - For a combat round, you played Glitch to her strengths, but that also kind of took her out of the frontlines of the scenes, playing more of a support role. You did a better job of not including too much of other players/GMs content, though there still may be room for improvement. Overall, a solid performance though, and I think Glitch did the best one-liners of the round.

My Favorite One-Liner: From Glitch - "My lady..You will always remember this as the day you almost shot Little Glitch of the Crossing Companions!"
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 07:30 PM
Highly Reportable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12407
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Scoring Summary - Semi-Finals
CategoryJbearAnotherDragoonBushiTreble83
Enjoyability & Creativity8974
Clarity, Formatting, and Technical7101010
Grammar & Writting101089
Moved the Plot/True to Character7897
Total32373130

I'm sick, so I'm going to be incredibly blunt with this: I feel like Treble really played a little too hard on trying to tie their character's name into the one-liner & the borderline Pirates of The Caribbean line... Way too much for me. In fact, this whole one-liner thing was just way too much, though this might be due to the fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
“How about we show them how much power the ladies around her have, hmm?”
#PreachItSister
Closed Thread