RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 24th, 2022, 06:39 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16908
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see what this motley crew of characters will actually look like.
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 07:05 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4685
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Good luck fellow contestants!
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 09:54 PM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19222
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Good luck to everyone!

RyuutamaHold Back the NightWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Jun 25th, 2022, 11:09 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7128
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
What wonderful fun this sounds like. I'm out of the country (USA) on vacation in early July but I look forward to reading all about this as I can.
Old Jun 25th, 2022, 11:13 AM
A warm fuzzy goonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29269
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Good luck friends! I too am looking forward to seeing what everyone created.
Old Jun 25th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48592
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Good luck, everyone!
#GiveUsAShow
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11490
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see what you all created.

For the record I was toying with the idea of joining with an ancient AI, driven crazy by its prime directive of creating great recipes by reading every single food blog in existence. Imagine- every time you want to get started on something you have to read 3 pages of abstract exposition about someone's grandma, enough to make anyone loopy gonna keep that one in the vault for some future-tec game one day, haha.

anyway enjoy! will there be a Fubar-esque situation this year?
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Great Wyrm
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17510
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
That would have been a lot of fun! We needed that! Damn shame!
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 09:37 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31091
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
FYI - two major changes:

1) We have clarified the use of non-Known Signature Moves/Programs/Drone Move/Complex Form/Spells. You can do them, using your adventuring gear, giving you just 2d6 to roll. This represents our characters this year being a little higher on the 'power scale' vs. last year. It also gives you the flexibility to do more than just trying to fit your one best move into every situation.

2) Given the copious amounts of feedback on the issue, we will allow you to make 1 dice rolling post, in the game thread, separate from your game post. This may be made any time before your game post, but any action you roll for, you are stuck with. You do not get to decide to try something else after you have made a roll. The dice rolled should be placed in a spoiler. You may not edit the rolls or tags on the rolls once posted. This should make it easier for players in different time zones to coordinate their posting/actions. Your game post will still have the 1-hour time limit, for allowing edits, once it is posted.
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11194
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
I really like the first change, but I positively LOVE the second one. That's such life-saving convenience!

@edit:
I actually had Well, at least in hyperbole I did. cried a little after the feedback from last year didn't introduce Such an RPGX staple!dice threads to this year's competition, but I'm very glad that we now allow posting with rolls and narrative in separate posts of the same thread. That's still such an improvement!

Last edited by Mindsiege; Jun 26th, 2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31091
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Applications have been made public. Judging is nearly complete. The good news is that everyone who submitted an application will be moving into Round 1. We intend to split, at some point, into two groups, and will adjust the numbers eliminated to 2 per bracket each week (so 6, 4, 2 for rounds 1, 2, 3 in each bracket, with 2 players meeting in Round 4 for the finale). Details on how the groups will be set up will be handled later in the event.
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11194
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
This looks like a fun mix, and though we might be a bit light on magic, we have a lot of saboteur skillsets!

I think whatever story comes for us, we'll have a very unique story with great characters on our hands! I'm excited!
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48592
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
A decapitation in Round 0 backstories?
That's how you get things started, 2022!
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 03:49 PM
Visibly Declining Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2806
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelogan View Post
FYI - two major changes:

1) We have clarified the use of non-Known Signature Moves/Programs/Drone Move/Complex Form/Spells. You can do them, using your adventuring gear, giving you just 2d6 to roll. This represents our characters this year being a little higher on the 'power scale' vs. last year. It also gives you the flexibility to do more than just trying to fit your one best move into every situation.

2) Given the copious amounts of feedback on the issue, we will allow you to make 1 dice rolling post, in the game thread, separate from your game post. This may be made any time before your game post, but any action you roll for, you are stuck with. You do not get to decide to try something else after you have made a roll. The dice rolled should be placed in a spoiler. You may not edit the rolls or tags on the rolls once posted. This should make it easier for players in different time zones to coordinate their posting/actions. Your game post will still have the 1-hour time limit, for allowing edits, once it is posted.
So for a dice-rolling post, players should (in a spoiler):
  • ID the generic effect they are going for (damage, buff, debuff, healing, or utility - with a general description of what that utility is)
  • ID who/what that effect intends to affect
  • Calculate how many dice to roll (maybe even correctly. . . )
  • Make the roll

After that, players make a narrative post. Narrative post has a 1-hour revision window. The clock starts when narrative first posted.

Is that more-or-less the idea?
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Great Wyrm
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17510
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
Hehehe, maybe even correctly ... classic!

Yeah, I have re-read the rules a few times and still not entirely sure I have understood it correctly. But fingers crossed!!

Thanks for writing the clarification in your own words PapaHuck! That clarifies things in my head (assuming you have the right of it ofc! But hell, you've convinced me!