Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 09:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Mistfader
Piedmont Park
The spectacled one took a step back, raised her hands in a placating gesture, and looked each of the Changelings in the eyes before slightly lowering her arms and sighing. "I apologise, I didn't mean to come off so strongly. If this was the work of neither of you, then this event was much more obvious to my peers than I thought." She turned to inspect the park around her and fished a small card out of her pocket, then held it out to Eileen. "I suggest you leave quickly. I'm sure a lot of very eager people noticed the commotion, and I'd like you to stay alive on the off chance our relations haven't soured." The Scandinavian maintained eye contact with Rada, and the sensation of being watched from behind settled on her shoulders. "If it helps, she is that... blunt with everyone."

Footsteps echoed down the path deeper into the park. The weight of the Scandinavian's gaze lifted as he reached cautiously near his hip, inspecting the newcomer: a gaunt person with a loose, expressionless face, most of their physical features rendered unexaminable by the thick coat, gloves and jackboots they wore. They walked with grim purpose towards the fountain, their sunken eyes, one almost invisible and the other glinting a lively green, sweeping repeatedly over the four in or near the area. The Scandinavian blinked once, twice, then muttered "just a civilian" to himself and visibly relaxed as it continued shuffling forwards.

Last edited by Mistfader; 01-28-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mistfader
You'll Be BAC Bar

After a minute or so of heated words coming from the back room, the bartender returned, and homed in on Clipper and Tzayidiel. In his wake, the door stayed open for but a moment, revealing someone whose face was listed under the (arguably un)ambiguous category of "technically wanted for tax evasion"... not that your average police officer would memorise something like that.

One of the patrons at the counter finished his drink, nodded at the bartender, and moved to the door with barely a glance at the two visitors. As he left, he pulled out his phone.

The bartender himself looked over the two, then sighed. "Reckon you should at least make yourselves comfortable. She won't be here for a few minutes yet. Can I... get either of you something? Water?" Two or three of the people in the bar got text messages and phone calls, then quietly headed outside, conspicuously trying to look inconspicuous. The bartender nervously coughed, and glanced at the gaunt man, who received an SMS, glanced at his phone, and went back to gawping at the interlopers.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mistfader
Chen's Oriental Grocery

"No, uh, that's not it this time, he's actually got a lot of pills right now, thanks for that." Frederick shuffled about nervously as he considered his next words. "He told me to ask you to not serve, uh, Mr. Allen." Allen and Hess had been at each other's throats for the past 4 years, but this was the furthest either of them has ever taken it. "I know this breaks the rules, I'm really sorry." He fidgeted with his necklace; blood, probably not 'raw' human, in a small vial, set into a ring with an ornate eye sigil.

The van, meanwhile, was a little more oddly structured than perhaps intended. The outside was normal (barring the license plate being reverse-leetspeak for the square root of 2, but what can you do about such matters), but just looking through the door was more of a headache-inducing experience, unless most van interiors were storage areas the size of a warehouse. Detailed inspection would require entering the door proper, but it wasn't difficult to pick out the aisle right in front of the door; open boxes, lined with mostly-empty trays of small, spherical objects. Nor was it hard, despite the frankly mediocre lighting, to see the occasional creature: four-legged, six-armed, as tall as the aisles, with eyes dotting the fleshy oblongs they use for torsos. Occasionally, one of them would stoop a little to pick up or drop a box with one of their stretched-out hands.

Last edited by Mistfader; 02-09-2019 at 09:47 PM.