Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 357
Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf
Do you hear the people sing?

Game NameDo you hear the people sing?
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeSowing the seeds of revolution and watching them grow.
FlavourUrban campaign, moderately serious, overthrowing a corrupt state. Equal balance of roll and role play.
Plot SummaryIn the city-state of Sophier, life is an unpleasant commodity as corruption festers in all corners of the government. Treasurers embezzle, military men extort, and backroom deals between the quasi-Oligarchs and the once-elected leaders all but ensure that the status quo shall never change. On every corner is a guard, masked in steel and robed in ashen grey, but such sights do not inspire safety: only fear, for they are there to remove the dissenter and criminal alike. They may well bring in a murderer one day, but leave the shop of a man who dared talk back to an extorting lieutenant bare the very next.

Yet most accept this to be the way of things, whether through fear, through burying their heads in the sand, or simply something reminiscent of Stockholm syndrome. They slog through their days, unquestioning, keeping to themselves, solitary beasts in tight conditions. For to resist would only make things worse, that is what all are brought up to believe.

But there are some who deny these truths. Anarchists some call them. Rebels to others. Even heretics. Scattered and discordant, these groups are of no threat, merely nuisances that can scarcely steal a dagger, let alone power. Amongst these few are you, and what reasons you might have for resisting are your own. What matters is only that you do.

Additional lore

Character creationAll characters will start at level 1, with a choice between standard class wealth or rolling for it. HP will be max at first level, with a choice of rolling or taking the average for each level after. We will be using Background Skills and feat tax adjustments as well.

All apps should include at least the basic information below:

Name: Everyone has one, surnames not required.
Race: Anything non-monstrous from Paizo will definitely be allowed. Evil races will need more work put into them. Drow Noble is banned.
Class: Anything Paizo (Emerging firearms). Spellcasters will want to read the additional lore
Alignment: Chaotic evil and True Neutral are banned.

Physical description: A picture is all well and good, but some amount of written description will be necessary.
Personality: Just like it says on the tin.

Background: Everyone has a history. Do remember you're only level one.

PlayerCharacter nameRaceClassStatus
SuburbanplanktonZevalaHalf-OrcWitchComplete
Verdant GlitterSassaraKoboldRogueComplete
Sellus   Interest
FlyingJenny   Withdrawn
KarlCullinaneEssiarAasimarBardWithdrawn
RylusLuciferHalf-elfPrivateWIP
MrjoeganglesMelHumanMagusComplete
Hyregoth   Interest
MightymconeshotHadhozHumanClericComplete
GrouchyTeveldynHalf elfRogueComplete
MeschieZelundirElfBarbarianComplete
RacesWildConnorHumanSlayerComplete?
KshnikJaminVanaraInquisitorComplete
MundwayKnightJimHumanMesmeristComplete

Last edited by Banewolf; Jun 6th, 2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 18th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
A few questions:
  • Are people allowed to worship gods other than Asmodeus as long as they're not "too fervent"? Or do they need to hide their beliefs it they don't align with the state religion? This question applies to clerics and their divine magic, but also to lay-people.
  • Can arcane magic be "safely" practiced, as long as it is kept secret (e.g. in private homes, or in underground 'magic cubs' or the like), or do the authorities have ways to detect spellcasting even in those types of cases?
  • Since Asmodeus worship is state-sponsored, how to you feel about evil aligned characters?
Old May 18th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3209
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
I see that monstrous races aren't outright barred, so are kobolds acceptable? I have a wee little gal that could be fun for this sort of thing.
Old May 18th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Sellus Sellus
Posting interest!
Old May 18th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83
FlyingJenny
Posting interest as well! Do you have a deadline in mind for apps?
Old May 18th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
So, a quick Question.
Class: Anything Paizo (Emerging firearms). Spellcasters will want to read the additional lore
I read the additional lore. It says nothing about Bards. Oversight, or intentional? (Basically...how are Bards treated?)
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old May 19th, 2019, 04:30 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanplankton View Post
A few questions:
  • Are people allowed to worship gods other than Asmodeus as long as they're not "too fervent"? Or do they need to hide their beliefs it they don't align with the state religion? This question applies to clerics and their divine magic, but also to lay-people.
  • Can arcane magic be "safely" practiced, as long as it is kept secret (e.g. in private homes, or in underground 'magic cubs' or the like), or do the authorities have ways to detect spellcasting even in those types of cases?
  • Since Asmodeus worship is state-sponsored, how to you feel about evil aligned characters?
- There is technically freedom of religion within the city walls and as such belief does not need to be hidden. However, fervent worshippers will be closely monitored and dealt with should the need arise. Outwardly championing a god besides Asmodeus (As a Cleric or a Paladin) will lead to being contracted to deal with "Outside threats" to remove them before they stand a chance at contesting the state.

- If kept secret then yes it can be practiced. Larger "clubs" are a much higher risk though, with Bloodless raids occurring every few months to shut down these insurrections. How they are found is a matter of debate, whether it is simply through the patrols catching wind of such establishments or a more mystical method such as scrying.

- Chaotic evil will be banned, naturally, but with good writing I may take evil characters as long as they can mesh with a primarily good party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
I see that monstrous races aren't outright barred, so are kobolds acceptable? I have a wee little gal that could be fun for this sort of thing.
- Kobolds are acceptable, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingJenny View Post
Posting interest as well! Do you have a deadline in mind for apps?
- No hard deadline yet, but I have mid-late June in mind as a soft deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCullinane View Post
So, a quick Question.
I read the additional lore. It says nothing about Bards. Oversight, or intentional? (Basically...how are Bards treated?)
- That was an oversight. They are generally in the same boat as Wizards, with some state-sanctioned and on their payroll. However, they are lower on the priority list of the Bloodless when it comes to dealing with the arcane and therefore will find themselves with a longer life expectancy that Sorcerors.

Last edited by Banewolf; May 19th, 2019 at 04:30 AM.
Old May 19th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2741
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
And how are the occult classes viewed?
Old May 19th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I wasn't planning on having those taking any main focus in the campaign and I'll probably show a preference to non-occult classes. You can assume they are rare enough to have been bunched in with Sorcerors: Execution or learning to hide it/avoid the guards.
Old May 19th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banewolf View Post
- Chaotic evil will be banned, naturally, but with good writing I may take evil characters as long as they can mesh with a primarily good party.
I've wanted to play a Bouda for some time now, but the requirement that they be evil makes them kinda hard to work into a game.

I'm thinking that here it could work: a Bouda who is a Lawful Evil worshiper of Asmodeus, who's had enough of the rampant, systemic corruption (which is decidedly not Lawful).

I should have an app in later today.
Old May 19th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3902
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Would something like this work?

Name:
Lucifer Voidstar

Race:
Half-Elf
Class:
Unknown

Alignment:
Neutral Evil

Physical description: A picture is all well and good, but some amount of written description will be necessary.
Personality: Just like it says on the tin.

Background: Everyone has a history. Do remember you're only level one.
Old May 19th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6165
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Medious “Mel” Melker
”Three moves ahead is five moves to slow.”
right-aligned image
Medious Melker

Race: Human
Class: Magus (Puppetmaster/Hexcrafter)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Thinks of himself as Neutral Evil)
Physical Description: Standing at just under 6 feet, and barely 160 pounds, Melker’s appearence is best described as sinewy and trim. Long months of constant pursuit and lean living have made him a shell of the noble he once was. While he still has some resources available, much is squandered on clothing and excesses as befitting the station he once held. Though perhaps these vanities are less about comforts and are just maneuvers in his master plan of revenge.
Personality: “A man should always have a plan for the future. Both his own, and for those around him.” That is the creed of Mel, and any good plan should have contingencies, and those contingencies should also have plans, and so on. His former life of carefree indulgence and pleasure was his undoing, never again will the former Lord Melker go without a plan. To those that meet him his face is always open and split by a comforting grin, his eyes twinkle with a hidden joke that only those close to him may know. His jet black hair meticulously cared for and clothes expertly crafted and maintained.
To those that know him his smile is hallow, a grim facade, a front for the ignorant rubes who he must now interact with. His eyes are bright, but it is no silly story or joke that lights them up, rather it is the plans and machinations he is devising from first contact. Everyone has a purpose, a use. And Melker will squeeze every drop of skill, talent, and loyalty he can from people.
Background: The only son of an ancient, but small Noble House, Medious lived a life of excess and indulgence. His every whim catered, every transgression overlooked, a charmed life only enhanced by his own good looks and uncanny charisma. It was an idyllic time for the young lordling; days spent avoiding tutors or learning swordplay, nights spent caurousing and romancing. It was easy for Mel to overlook the festering rot at the core of this city, especially when it bent to his every whim and desire.
How the Bloodless came to suspect him he would never know. A scorned lover spreading rumors, a jealous husband bribing them? Perhaps the mother of some unfortunate man who dared cross him in a duel had greater connections then him? The how is no longer important, only the why. Magic had always been a tool of House Melker, one carefully cultivated and subtly used. For decades the Scions of Melker used arcane arts to manipulate those around them and grow their fortunes. A slightly better trade agreement, a feud avoided, a roll of the dice, a flip of the coin, the Melker’s rode a razors edge to power and prestige with the careful and precise use of spells and rituals. To prevent exposure and encourage secrecy the Melker’s kept their House small, no extended family lines, no loose ends to expose their secret. Only a single heir to inherit the power and secrets, a family tree carefully trimmed and cared for.
When the Bloodless came it was a massacre, his father kept few guards, few servants at their small estate, but all were fiercely loyal. Years, decades of manipulation were not something Sophier did not take lightly and the household was eradicated, wiped out root and stem. Only his father’s desperate last stand gave Medious time to escape the carnage brought by the Bloodless and their men, with only a small bag of coin and his family’s secret spellbook, it’s contents hidden in a code even the young Melker has yet to be privy to.
Cast out and forced to flee Medious at first thought to leave this cursed city, to seek fortunes in the outside world, but anger and vengeance unfulfilled kept him in the land of his birth. Living on the streets, constantly moving to avoid detection from those he hates, Mel seeks to upend the country that took everything from him. Silently he trains his mind and body, practicing his sword craft and his magic, making contacts and earning favors, manipulating those around him until it is time to strike at the heart of his enemy and end the threat of the Bloodless.

Listen, I’m gonna be honest. BG3 has taken over my life, still updating as fast as I can.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; May 20th, 2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Name: Esta'Yeal T'Van
Race: Aasimar
ClassBard
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Physical description: Sitting on a simple bar stool, pulled hastily up on stage, it takes one a moment to realize why the way the sixteen year old girl holds her Hurdy-Gurdy is odd is because she is left handed. Her form fitting deep emerald green, satin, dress, is of a simple cut, deeply V'd in front, and just barely covers her knees, setting off her pale red skin and vibrant, metallic ruby hair, over which she wears a Homespun hooded cloak of pale white. Hanging at her right hip for a surprise cross-draw is an old, well worn, leather sheath, into which is shoved a even older, though well made, short sword. Her soft, contralto, voice can both be nearly as quiet as a whisper, and cut through the general noise of tavern-goers to be heard in the darkest corners.
Personality: In a folder, almost forgotten, lies a basic report.
Status Report. Author Diel Earthwalker, Sergeant, SN DN21458
Subject : Esta'Yeal T'Van
Report: Investigation Length : Two months. Investigators : Self, Lt. Helden Craine, Private Tolin Grelath
After intensive investigation both by direct observation and covert interrogation of multiple patrons (see attached files), the girl Esiaar is a quiet, almost religiously anti-political, orphan, with extremely minor magical powers that she has never used for any purpose other than enhancing the musical shows she puts on at various small bars throughout the city.
She seems quite naive, with all of her songs revolving in some way around love. Based on the content of her songs it is the conjecture of myself, Lt. Craine, and several of the patrons that were Interviewed, that Esta'Yeal has feelings for someone in the city, but whoever that person is seems not to know that she exists.
Conclusion While the girl should be kept under observation, the observation does not need to be intense. She is no threat to the State, and her performances have a net-positive effect on the general Morale of those who hear her songs, effectively working for the State's good by decreasing the chance of dissatisfaction-based rebellion.
Notes: I hereby recommend Private Grelath for promotion to Lance Corporeal. His conduct throughout this investigation has been exemplary, embodying the true spirit of the Sate. His skills at interrogation are impressive for one so young, and with proper attention paid to his training he will make an excellent Inquisitor.
Addendum I also endorse Pvt. Grelath for Promotion. While his Official Designation in the T.O. is Scout he has displayed multiple skills that could be of use to the State.
-Craine, Helden, Lieutenant 1st Class, C.O. 3rd Platoon, 7th Company, 4th Battalion, 2nd Legion, "Helden's Harbingers".
Background: Esta'Yeal was born nearly seventeen years ago, the child of two human actors. Her unusual red skin and hair brought the truth of her mother's father's mother's stories of having been raped by a demon.
She has no idea what happened to her parents. She left home one morning at the age of ten, going to her Hurdy-Gurdy master to practice. When she returned home that afternoon her parents were just gone. It took her three days to realize that they were probably not coming home.
Needing to survive she took her Hurdy-Gurdy, a half-trained girl, and sang in the streets for tips, making just enough coin to keep herself fed, and continue her lessons at music.
Over the next few years, as she slowly learned how to infuse her music with magical effects, she also learned the truth of Sophier, and figured out that her parents were mostly likely abducted by the State. She harbors a deep resentment of Sophier, and has spent years trying to find a way to strike back at those who deprived her of her parents while hiding behind a well-practiced veneer of youthful optimism.
Over the last year she has worked her way into a small series of semi-steady gigs throughout Sophier, concentrating on taverns in the middle-class quarters frequented by members of the local military and towns-guards gathering as much information on the State as she could, and those in the lowest quarters of the city, mostly populated with the oppressed and downtrodden, and carefully getting her collected information into the hands of those that might benefit.
Her goal, at this point, is to continue spreading her songs, and her name, through the city. With some luck she hopes to be invited to sing in the Upper Quarters of Sophier, where she may be able to spy on members of the government itself, and get better, more important, information to the small cell of not-quite rebels she has been working with.
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.

Last edited by KarlCullinane; May 21st, 2019 at 03:25 AM.
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3209
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Application - Sassara Sparktail
right-aligned image

Character Name: Sassara Sparktail

Race: Kobold!

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: Diminutive in height, as kobolds are wont to be, with vibrant green scales polished to a lovely sheen and charmingly wide scarlet eyes that she manages to flutter in just coquettish enough fashion to fascinate observers. Lithe, agile, surprisingly flexible when she dances, and curvy in all the right places, she's light on her toes and floats along in airy, springing steps that usually sets the variety of adornments on her clothing (such as it is, as she favors flashy and tawdry silks that display more scale than some might consider proper - All the better to distract when her greedy little claws pluck a coin or two from someone's purse) tinkling and chiming merrily. Her voice is high and lilting, a flirt in her laughter and a ready smile ever at her mouth. The sinuous line of her tail wavers almost all the time at a measured, cheery pace, reflective of a bubbly and delightful personality.
Which is just what she wants you to think of her. In private, she's a trifle .. different. Fairly lazy, opting instead to lounge and nibble on richly foods or, better, have it fed to her. She's greedy, frequently tossing away gifts from fans or those smitten by her if they have no particular value. She's selfish, voicing loud grumbling complaints if whatever establishment hosting her does not give her the best lodgings or foods. She's also susceptible to flattery, enjoying having her ego fluffed and being more receptive to those who realize that, yes, she does deserve the largest share of gold of any job or take. She is, after all, such a gorgeous little creature

Personality: Lazy, indolent, a fair bit selfish, and with the miens of someone far more wealthy than any kobold (and most people, for that matter) has the right to be; she would do some Dragons proud in that regard. There is nothing she would rather have than an abundance of riches, the finest of food and lodgings, and all the delightful vestments one could ever hope to have - And, of course, she'd rather not have to work for any of it, which might make her less-legal practices to acquire any coin at all make sense. She isn't unpleasant, of course - You can't charm gifts of precious stones and coin from people if you aren't - but she can rapidly lose patience or interest with people who cannot serve her interests; they simply won't hold her attention for long. She will never be mean or cruel or violent, but if the necessity arises she has no real qualm with sticking a knife in someone, either - Or, better, charming someone else to do it for her. She's also a bit of an egotist, and thinks better of persons that think better of her, but not by too much. But, if you can prove to be beneficial towards her desired station in life, she just might let you call her 'friend.' Isn't that delightful?

Old May 20th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2816
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Posting Interest leaning toward Harvester Vigilante.

Questions/Requests:
I'm curious why True Neutral is not allowed. Normally, TN is a problem but you would think they would jump in on this as things are WAY out of balance.

I was thinking about Feral Child (Druid, Hunter) as someone raised by packs of wild dogs in the city but it doesn't allow Urban Terrain. Opinion?

I am also thinking about Druid (Urban Druid, Nobility Domain). Qpinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCullinane View Post
No matter how far away you Gnome.

Last edited by Hyregoth; May 20th, 2019 at 11:33 AM.