Game Thread Troubles in Knotside - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Tales from the Fen > Red Claw
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old Mar 11th, 2023, 11:29 AM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 38716
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 9,996
YonteYonte is blown over by the dragon's great wings. While she's down, the cunning viper chooses its target well. All three images of Yonte contort in pain as a claw pierces her true armor.

Yonte scrambles to her feet as multiple teammates berate the dragon's red hooch, and the dragon doth protest too much. The heated (and lava-hot!) debate is just like a table of drunks at the late-night tavern. Which drink is best? Too much foam! Not enough foam! Too bitter! Too sweet! Too expensive! Too cheap! Too much hops! Too malty! It's usually all in good fun, even if a bloody lip or a black eye comes from it. But this debate is different. This isn't a matter of taste. It's a matter of life and death. It's a matter of the honor integrity of beer. It's a matter of Everything.

A light flickers around the hovering sickle. Something is there. Something is here, to fight. For beer. Yonte sets her shoulders back, braces her feet, and charges up her fist. She enters her opinion into the debate over the quality of Red Claw:

"It's got too..." she dashes in to strike "much... DRAGON!" Boom! the first punch lands with a thundrous echo. As it reverberates, the flickering around the scythe resolves into a figure. There stands a 40-foot high glimmering transparent avatar of Freyr. He wields the scythe in one hand, and holds an overflowing tankard in the other. As Yonte goes in for her second hit, the image of Freyr almost casually leans in, and heaves its blade at the dragon. Another thundrous blow lands, and Rolled a crit on the upcast Spiritial Weapon! I couldn't resist putting some spice on its description.a godly slash cleaves the dragon's hide.

Yonte takes a step back, in awe. She bows her head for a bare moment. The Freyr avatar quaffs an enormous amount of beer, chucks the ghostly stein into the lava, and gives Yonte a winking thumbs-up. Just as fast as it came, the avatar vanishes. But its blade remains, hovering overhead.
OOCMirror Image fails to protect me, 12 damage taken, two false Yontes remain. Spiritual Weapon (level 4) is active. This time it crits! 46 total damage between three attacks, around half of it thunder and half of it force.

 
__________________
MC of Shadows of the City, a new Urban Shadows (PbtA) game just starting to get underway.

Check out Astral Agents in Boats, a 5e Spelljamer adventure, run by jbear. New episodes go up weekly. I am a player, as are a few other RPGX stalwarts.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Mar 11th, 2023 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old Mar 11th, 2023, 07:15 PM
BarrowB's Avatar
BarrowB BarrowB is offline
The King of Ducks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 3268
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Posts: 3,117
Dirra
right-aligned image
Dirra was not in a state to fight... so the only thing she could do was staying alive, while annoying the dragon as much as possible. She lifted up her shield... and began smacking it with her glowing stick to create very uncomfortable noise targeted at the enemy.

left-aligned image
Instead of focusing on the fight, the demi-goddess of light waved to the transparent avatar of Freyr and even gave it a wink... but got no response.


 

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old Mar 13th, 2023, 10:47 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 5561
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,601
Erelli
left-aligned image
Erelli hadn't even had time to get her landing gear down! The transition to being in a big toothy mouth, to banging against a rather abrasive wall, happened especially quickly, and was followed but a swift descent. She hit the ground with a sonic fusion of crumpling sounds, and a dull thud.

It hurt. She found herself flat on the floor's surface. And she was thankful. Imagine if that had happened whilst flying above magma!

Friends and colleagues were laying into the Dragon as she stood and dusted herself off with a hand. Actually, the CEO wasn't looking so great anymore! This struck her with awe for a moment. These friends of hers could really dish it out! Good, because she... couldn't.

She fumbled a moment and loaded a little crossbow, but the bolt wasn't fast enough to penetrate the thing's scales, so after that, she retreated westwards. There must be something to hide behind around here? Or could she just blend into the wall and hope for the best?

 


 
__________________

Last edited by 97mg; Mar 13th, 2023 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old Mar 15th, 2023, 10:09 PM
Pseudonymous's Avatar
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous is offline
Pseudodragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 11217
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Posts: 2,532
Mikey
right-aligned image
Mikey grimaced in sympathy as Spektor was hit by the dragon's tail. The deathknight seemed to shrug it off, but he still didn't look great.

Mikey raised his holy symbol and tapped it to Spektor's leg (Mikey was still unused to working with people so much taller than he was) and called forth the power of Tymora.

"Blessin's of the Lady of Luck be upon youse," he said, Cure Wounds for 8HP on Spektorchanneling divine healing to the deathknight. "Or, y'know, whatevah." Look, he might have just skimmed the "divine healing" part of the reading material. It was probably the thought that counted, anyway.


ActionsMikey's out of Lay on Hands points, so all he's got left is Cure Wounds for Spektor, who gets 8HP back.
__________________
Pseupercallafragelisticexpialladocious.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old Mar 17th, 2023, 11:15 AM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is online now
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 37464
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 9,609
Red ClawThe presence of divinity was strong within the heart of this volcano. The Raven Queen's power coursed even stronger through Spektor's blade as it carved into the dragon's hide. After two more thunderous blows even Freyr stepped into the fiery ring to take a swing at the draconic entrepreneur. A display of power that did not go unnoticed by the group's own deity. However her attempt to garner attention was ignored - or perhaps it was just the haze from the heat. We can say that, right? I mean - there is no proof that Freyr saw her. Maybe a case of mistaken identity? Who knew!

Anyways - dragon fight!

Spectral bells manifested around Tuckerthrax' head and rang loudly to add injury to insults. However the mighty dragon endured with a shake of its head and annoyed yelp.

Tumbling from her perch on high the thief hit the volcanic floor. Springing back to her feet she took a shot at the mighty beast but its scales were far too thick to pierce with the fired bolt. Moving west she sought something to hide behind but instead came upon the shore of lava. There was a parcel of land across the way with a door that Spektor entered through to rescue Dirra. However it would be a 15ft due to diagonal ruleslong jump to get across and coming short would mean burning her feet - or worse.

As Francine picked herself up off the ground, Mikey rushed over to mend some of the wounded deathknight's injuries. Hoping to spur on one of the frontline fighters a bit longer.

--

With a mighty cry of frustration and pain the dragon thrashed about. Its draconic eyes taking in the party close and far. For a moment its attention shifted west and locked on Dirra. The air about her seemed to grow hotter. Could such a thing be possible when within a volcano? It was becoming hard to breathe and the heat threatened to singe skin and hair alike as it grew hotter.

"Those who claim such surely have yet to try it!" Tuckerthrax snapped at Spektor before turning his sight on the Hop-lite, fueled once again by that annoying electrical current of the thunder gauntlets "Come! You can be the first to try the latest brew!!"

The Red Dragon's head rushed down, maw open to grasp onto Yonte. Yet the armored champion was quick to intercept. The strength of the dragon was not as powerful as she had expected. The weight, however, was immense. Her magical armor creaked under the pressure until the dragon halted its attempt with a furious "BAH!"

Flecks of lava splashed onto the shoreline as its wings carried it up once more into the air. The dragon shifted over above its perched rock and turned to face the guild members. Flames welled in its mouth, escaping in small serpentine licks and lingering in the heated air. Fire was coming.

From the southern door a proud voice called "Sad cool ones! Venture this way to embrace the power of fire!"

OOGM@Dirra - Please give me a CON 15 save or take
Dice fire:
3d6 1, 5, 5 Total = 11
(11) fire damage, half on a success. The 15' space surrounding you is superheated and will remain for this turn. Although Erelli appears within the AoE on the map, she's actually below it. {lair action}

Yonte avoided being grappled and Tuckerthrax took to the air. @Spektor and Yonte should be able to make an AoO against the dragon.

Fumus is calling for you in the southern door, although the awkward elemental is not the best with words towards those who aren't born of flame. Best of luck in the coming round~

Enemies
Red Dragon - -234/??? HP 19AC | Exhales fire in a 60ft. cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 21 DEX save, taking 63 (18d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.Fire Breath(Recharge 5-6), Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24hrs.Frightful Presence, Can use Frightful Presence then make three attacks: One bite and two clawsMultiattack, Legendary Resistance [3/3], Legendary Actions (Detect, Tail Attack, Wing Attack(cost 2)) [3/3pts per turn] | Hexed, HB-Cursed, DIS on attacks outside of Yonte | Grapple vs Yonte (Fail! {18 vs 22})

Neutral Friendly party
Fire Elemental (Magmus) - 102HP 13AC | Illumination, Fire Form, Water Susceptibility
Fire Elemental (Fumus) - 102HP 13AC | Illumination, Fire Form, Water Susceptibility
---

 


Last edited by Retry; Mar 17th, 2023 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old Mar 19th, 2023, 09:44 AM
BarrowB's Avatar
BarrowB BarrowB is offline
The King of Ducks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 3268
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Posts: 3,117
Dirra
right-aligned image
"I was already boiling in here! Come on!" Dirra groaned and flew to the corner of the room to mitigate the exposure to heat. After that, she went back to making annoying noises with her shield. Bang Bang Bang.

left-aligned image
"Now that's just humiliating..." The demi-goddess murmured to herself. "I might be new to the whole divinity thing but that's not enough of a reason to ignore me! Right, dragon?" She looked back to where the red dragon used to be... but it already flew away somewhere else. "What the... Okay, sure. Whatever. Fine. Totally not annoyed by it..." The demi-goddess said quickly, trying to keep her composure, pretending to not care but then... "Okay, die." She flew straight at it and punched it in its belly with her fist.


 

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old Mar 19th, 2023, 11:10 AM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 38716
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 9,996
YonteWith a swipe, another Yonte-image disappears. Only one decoy remains. The dragon lashes out, again with tail and again with tooth. It tries to grab The Iron Hogshead, but the armor goes not give good purchase, and the dragon flies away without prey.

It takes a position across the lake of fire and it begins a great inhale. It doesn't take a genius to see what comes next. But this particular armor-clad genius does notice, and her calculations jump two steps ahead.

"That breath is going to cover a lot of ground from back there! Need to limit its options..."

'Limit its options' is partly strategy talk for 'run away'. But she also has other plans in mind, to try to limit how broad a swath the beast can fry. "Fix the angle, drop the height, reduce the base," she says urgently, apparently solving some geometry problems in her head. Her empty hand reaches out, and green-orange vines of energy reach out over the lake of lava. They wrap around the dragon, piercing its hide.

"Now c'mere..." she adds, and heaves the vines back. With holy assistance, Thorn Whip pulls automatically on hit, and there is no save, so I assume legendary resistance doesn't applythe dragon moves! It is pulled into the lake of lava. Yonte has no thought that the lake of fire will bother the dragon in the slightest. But that's not the point.

Tucker moves right into the path of her scythe. And with the dragon moving towards her, Yonte moves out. Her ie Winged Bootsfoot-jets engaging, she lifts up just high enough to avoid being scalded by the lava. The scythe again slashes the dragon as Yonte dashes for the nearest patch of dry land away from the rest of the group, to the northeast, just by one of the strange elementals.

OOCMirror Image is down another image due to legendary attack. Just two Yontes (one real, one illusory) remain.

Thorn Whip pulls the dragon 10' feet towards Yonte's position on the map in the last GM post. Though she's not there anymore. Between Thorn Whip and Spiritual Weapon, that's 27 damage.

And again: Absorb elements is ready as a reaction, in case a take a facefull of dragon breath.

 
__________________
MC of Shadows of the City, a new Urban Shadows (PbtA) game just starting to get underway.

Check out Astral Agents in Boats, a 5e Spelljamer adventure, run by jbear. New episodes go up weekly. I am a player, as are a few other RPGX stalwarts.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old Mar 22nd, 2023, 10:41 PM
Pseudonymous's Avatar
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous is offline
Pseudodragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 11217
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Posts: 2,532
Mikey
right-aligned image
Mikey looked behind him at the massive flame-creature that had appeared in the doorway behind them. Oh. Well that's probably not good. The dragon, on the other side of him, inhaled. Well that's DEFINITELY not good. This was a "frying pan and fire" situation, and he wasn't entirely sure which was which.

Now, Mikey wasn't a flashy guy. He didn't have much in the way of impressive ranged capabilities, magical teleportation, or anything more divine than what he could glean from Chapter 2 of "Tymora and You: A Paladin Guide for Dummies". There were 26 chapters in total. He'd read 4.

But he did know how to start a fight: You get other people involved. Then, preferably, you use that to your advantage to either shank a guy when he's not lookin', or run the heck away.

"Well hey, buddy, yer just the pal I wanted to see!" Mikey said to the fire elemental, suddenly all smiles. "Burnin' bright like a sun, ain't'cha? But y'know, I heard THAT guy--" --he jabbed a thumb towards Tuckerthrax-- "-- say that HIS fire was way more powerful than yours! Can youse BELIEVE the nerve of that guy?! He's just got SCALES! And he has the gall to say that red scales are better than actual fire for skin! I mean, they don't even GLOW!"

He paused to shake his head in disappointment, using the moment to climb back into the saddle on Francine, and move towards the elemental.

"In fact, I heard him say he didn't believe you could melt scales with your fire! You gonna let that stand?"


ActionsMikey uses movement to mount, then uses remainder of movement to ride Francine towards the door/elemental. Attempts a Deception check to trick the fire elemental into attacking Tuckerthrax. If you will accept Deception, it's a 20 (non-natural). If you prefer Persuasion, it's a 16.
__________________
Pseupercallafragelisticexpialladocious.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old Mar 23rd, 2023, 05:39 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 5561
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,601
Erelli
left-aligned image
Erelli didn't particularly want to hang around here, as each meaty attack her friends inflicted on the dragon, would surely greaten the probability of... you know, whatever kinds of massive harm giant fire-breathing lizards could do! She was so proud of her colleagues. Not only were they still very much alive, they were really causing this greedy CEO some serious pain too!

The tax collector's daughter wanted to help some more, keep some of the long-distance pressure on their foe. Should she jump across the molten rock towards Dirra? Pointing with her finger, she counted to twelve whilst making hopping motions with it.

"Ten, eleven, twelve... Damn it!"

"Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. Nope, not happening."

One of the benefits of being a bean-counter's kid was the ability to do numbers quickly, and also estimate risk. Those three final feet across to the western shore of this lava-lake, were a risk indeed! The kind that would gobble up a slim and fleshy mortal.

With a sigh, Erelli just loaded her crossbow again, and took a shot. Oh, this time the bolt was flying nicely!

 


 
__________________

Last edited by 97mg; Mar 23rd, 2023 at 05:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old Mar 26th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Saratek's Avatar
Saratek Saratek is offline
Ret.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 25th, 2023
RPXP: 20643
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posts: 14,227
Spektor
Shadar-Kai Deathknight

Slashing at the dragon as it attempted to move away without respecting those already in combat with it, Spektor knew this was the moment they all needed to move; to spread out to limit the creature's ability to strike at them. Harnessing the last of the mother's blessing, the deathknight leapt from the cliff and disappeared into a shadow, reappearing on the opposing rise opposite Yonte. If within reach, he swung with his sword, cutting deeply and surely ensuring he was a constant thorn in the dragon's side. If not, Spektor took two quick blasts using his Eldritch power.

 
__________________
So long, and thanks for all the fish ~Douglas Adams

Last edited by Saratek; Mar 28th, 2023 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 02:42 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is online now
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 37464
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 9,609
Red ClawUpon the furred back of Francine Mikey rode. Though he had only known the weasel for maybe an hour or so he could tell the beast was hurt. Nevertheless the red-furred rodent hobbled on towards the totally-not-suspicious entity made of fire beckoning him over. Two pupil-less wells served as 'eyes' amid a canvas of rolling yellows, oranges, and reds. It's gaze shifted down slightly to meet the approaching Greaser. "Little cool one! You must make haste you see these bar-

Why- yes. YES! LIKE THE SUN YOU SAY?!"
the elemental seemed to perk up and rose to its fully height. "The newt said WHAT?!

NAY! THIS WILL NOT STAND!"


Out within the lair the mighty dragon flapped from on high. The flames the curled and welled in its mouth quickly extinguished with a pained groan as another volley of attacks were launched into it. The vine snapped attempting to pull the great beast closer yet still left its mark and Erelli's bolt found purchase within its torso. From his position below Spektor could see and feel the weakness and desperation in the beast as life was swiftly being lapped from it one strike at a time. The forceful blast of eldritch energy collided with the strike of Yonte's spectral scythe. Then as spectral bells manifested to ring its coming demise, the goddess struck a solid blow to its stomach.

"You...brats.." Tucker's wings slowed and carried him forward over the channel of lava before completely failing. Tucker fell into the lava below with a solid splash that could not reach the scattered party members. Within moments the dragon's red frame seem to melt with the molten rock as Tucker sunk beneath its surface.

"YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE SO EASILY, NEWT!" the proud voice of Fumus called from the southern passage charging out into the channel after the sinking Tuckerthrax.

"FUMUS! WEREN'T YOU TO SEEK OUT THE MIGHTY FLAME?!"

"AYE! BUT THE SMALL COOL ONE SAID THE NEWT CHALLENGED US! I CANNOT LET THIS SLIDE! HAVE AT THEE YOU -" the elemental's voice seemed to diminish as its whole body siphoned into the lava below.

"FUMUS! WAIT FOR ME YOU FLICKERING FOOL!" Magmus cried following after the other elemental leaving the party alone in the by lavawell-lit room.

.~~~...Victory?~~~

OOGM The room is clear of visible threats. Tucker has collapsed into the center of the lava channel and sunk below its surface. Fumus and Magmus have chased after the dragon to give him what's-what for the fabrication that they are not hot enough to hurt it (which is mechanically true).

At this time I will conclude combat, well done everyone!

The area on the other side of the cave has two side-rooms. A western tunnel and an eastern tunnel. Within the eastern passage is a massive pile of treasure and a foundtain that has a steady flow of shiny golden liquid. The western passage has some rocky partitions covering the view but a desk filled with papers, ledgers, and blue prints can be seen from the entrance.

Tucker has fallen below the pool of lava and cannot be seen. There is still things left to do here in this distillery to complete the job at hand.

Enemies
Red Dragon - -295/??? HP 19AC | Exhales fire in a 60ft. cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 21 DEX save, taking 63 (18d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.Fire Breath(Recharge 5-6), Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on istelf on a success. If a creature saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24hrs.Frightful Presence, Can use Frightful Presence then make three attacks: One bite and two clawsMultiattack, Legendary Resistance [3/3], Legendary Actions (Detect, Tail Attack, Wing Attack(cost 2)) [3/3pts per turn] | Hexed, HB-Cursed, DIS on attacks outside of Yonte |

Neutral Friendly party
Fire Elemental (Magmus) - 102HP 13AC | Illumination, Fire Form, Water Susceptibility
Fire Elemental (Fumus) - 102HP 13AC | Illumination, Fire Form, Water Susceptibility
---

 

Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 38716
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 9,996
YonteYonte reaches the far side of the lava and touches down as the dragon is beaten six ways from next Tuesday. It falls into the lake of fire, flailing. She watches, panting at the exertion. It is swallowed by the lava, but she is not willing to believe it gone. The flames will not harm it. But the lack of oxygen must, right? The devil couldn't find some side passage out, could it?

She continues to watch warily, but when it doesn't arise, she stands up straight, out of her combat stance. She takes her helmet off, at first almost gasping for fresh air. But she huffs even more in the stifling heat of caldera. She shakes her head and sweat whips off of her matted pony tail and scraggly loose bangs.

"It's... it's gone? We did it?" She visually checks for all the members of the crew. Dhirra: up, yes. Erelli: overhead, still, good. The other warriors are mobile. "And all still alive? Unbelievable! Good job crew!" Letting her shoulders slump, she trudges back (stepping again onto the air, over the lava) to the other side of the lake. She lands heavily and exhales dramatically again.

"OK. Whew. OK. Well. That should be the hard part over, right?" Yonte can't help but again check over her shoulder, not trusting the wyrm's demise for as long as she could hold her breath (nor trusting the elementals' effectiveness). Looking back, she continues, "But. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not leaving this place until I see all the stills trashed, and as many barrels exploded as I can manage. So we still got work to do."
OOCMirror Image has one false yonte (and something like 40 seconds) remaining.

 
__________________
MC of Shadows of the City, a new Urban Shadows (PbtA) game just starting to get underway.

Check out Astral Agents in Boats, a 5e Spelljamer adventure, run by jbear. New episodes go up weekly. I am a player, as are a few other RPGX stalwarts.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 07:23 PM
BarrowB's Avatar
BarrowB BarrowB is offline
The King of Ducks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 3268
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Posts: 3,117
Dirra
right-aligned image
"Done. Don't you dare summon me again today." The demi-goddess suddenly disappeared a few seconds after the dragon was gone.

Dirra slowly and carefully landed on the other side. "We are alive... all of us... Thanks..." She looked around for any nearby threats. "If anyone needs some medical aid, I am happy to spare you some bandages or salves." The moth girl declared, before uncorking a healing potion and 6 hp healeddowning it quickly, just in case.

"Yeah... let's destroy anything we can. Also, we should also look for the recipe or something and destroy it too, to make sure it never comes back." She agreed with Yonte and went down the western passage, approaching a desk filled with papers, ledgers, and blue prints. Dirra had full intentions of simply burning it all... but she decided to take a look at the blueprints just in case. Maybe there were some secret rooms marked or maybe a mention of a second location existing.

Unfortunately... she Investigation: 3had no patience for such things. "Hey, can anyone else take a look at this boring stuff? Anyone into reading?"


 

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 08:26 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is online now
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 37464
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 9,609
West passage - TRAP!The room was just wide enough for the dragon to squeeze within if needed. Nearing the desk a small glyph appeared upon the ceiling glowing a sickly yellow. From the glyph a shower of acid sprinkled from above covering the area Dirra had enter!




Most of the ledgers were written in draconic font although the numeric values were easy to figure out. To the southern corner of the room was a fuctional fountain pouring molten gold into a pool. Adjacent to the workdesk, obscured from the view of the cave entrance was a large metal safe.

OOGM@Dirra - please give me a DEX save DC 19 or take
Dice acid:
5d8 7, 8, 1, 1, 1 Total = 18
(18) acid damge. Half for a success.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 08:33 PM
BarrowB's Avatar
BarrowB BarrowB is offline
The King of Ducks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 3268
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Posts: 3,117
Dirra
right-aligned image
"Agh?! Traps! TRAPS! Watch out for those cursed traps! Damn it!" Dirra's screams kept echoing in the room, as the acid burned her skin.


 

 

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB