Game Thread Burnt Offerings - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Goldmyr's Rise of the Runelords
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 05:09 PM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 6204
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 4,418
"Honest" Hasim
right-aligned image

"It seems to me..." Said Hasim, finally interposing himself into the conversation. "...that you could use someone with experience in brokering deals!" He strokes his beard and gives a broad grin as he says this.

"These Goblins are apparently scavengers, and as an old Tosher told me: "Where there is muck, there's brass!" So I am positive we can come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement!"
OOC
 

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 07:11 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 11585
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,051
Tristan rolls his eyes at the prospect of trading with the goblins, but holds his tongue.
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters | Star Wars: The Jensaarai | The Iron Gods | Goldmyr's Rise of the Runelords
Open to invitations.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 09:35 AM
Clawsome's Avatar
Clawsome Clawsome is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 4210
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Posts: 3,897
Azrael Brimfire
right-aligned image


"These Goblins are apparently scavengers, and as an old Tosher told me: "Where there is muck, there's brass!" So I am positive we can come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement!"

::Hmm this is not sounding so interesting. Trading with goblins and they say Tieflings are bad, hah::

Azrael has yet to enter the conversation. He was waiting for an approachable time, but the discussion is going off the rails so now is that time.

"Excuse me, did I hear right. You have a goblin problem, and the sheriff is not willing to help? That does not seem right or fair. This mans suggestion to trade with them? Have you ever dealt with Goblins? One they don't tend to trade, they tend to attack and two they have nothing of worth to most humans."

He straightens up, "Oh my apologies, I am Azrael Brimfire and I am looking for work, any work, my profession is crafting potions, but now days I take any work, including cleaning up goblins if I must."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 11:35 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 11585
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,051
"Mind your tongue," Tristan snaps at Azrael, no long able to hold his own "and don't twist his words, stranger. Sheriff Hemlock only has so many resources and a community he already has an obligation to." he continues in Belor"s defense. Some outsiders coming in to enjoy Sandpoint's hospitality only to make instant judgements against good hard working citizens without any clue as to the local culture gets him hot under the collar immediately.
Azrael does have a good point about the foolhardy idea of trading with the goblins though. It was exactly what Tristan thought, but he's also angry with Azrael and unwilling to acknowledge the man's point out loud out of spite.
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters | Star Wars: The Jensaarai | The Iron Gods | Goldmyr's Rise of the Runelords
Open to invitations.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 05:55 PM
Goldmyr's Avatar
Goldmyr Goldmyr is offline
Artifact Creature - Myr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 555
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Posts: 526
"Calm down, Tristan," Sheriff Hemlock cuts in. "My apologies, if I offended you, my good...mouse. I did not mean to insinuate that your clan is garbage. Just that the caves you inhabit are near the Seven Tooth goblins' scavenging grounds. They likely see you as competing with them for resources. Now, it's true that they are an unpredictable and violent lot, and they rarely have much of worth, but not all of them are unreasonable. Their leaders, at least, usually understand the concept behind 'I help you, if you help me.' Even if you can't establish trade, a bit of diplomacy can go a long way. Tell you what, let me buy you all some lunch and see what advice I can offer."
__________________
Currently playing
Rise of the Runelords-GM
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 06:05 AM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 6204
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 4,418
"Honest" Hasim
right-aligned image

"Well, you ALL seem to be putting words into my mouth!" Said Hasim mildly. "I never said anything about "Trade", I said mutually beneficial arrangement! Which can cover a wide of situations."

He looked around at the growing group.

"I see a wide array of talents here, and Sheriff, you said they can understand 'I help you, if you help me.' So I'm sure that amongst us all, we can find some service they require."

As though something had just occurred to him, he glances at the Tiefling.

"Ah! Master...Brimstone was it?" He asks politely. "You said that you were a Potion Maker by trade. I have some Contacts who would be willing to purchase those, and at Hasim can sell Items for 60% of their worth, rather than 50%, due to his Merchant Family Traitabove the standard resale rate, if you are interested, of course."

Hasim's stomach rumbles. It had been a busy (and profitable) morning.
"Lunch? A capital idea! Those meat pastries I spied on the way over smelled particularly appetising!"

The Clerical-Merchant hands the responsibility of his stall over to one of his Staff. He had hired double the amount of workers he would technically need, but he had known how busy such events could be, so with two additional staff, everyone could take breaks where needed, without affecting the efficiency of trade.
He steps down to ground level and gives an extravagant bow.

"Honest Hasim, Servant of Abadar, is at your service!"
OOC
 

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 07:04 AM
Ermine Ermine is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 4209
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Posts: 2,037
Utana VorinThe kineticist steps even closer at the talk of food. Much more exciting than the butterflies, given her hunger. She hadn't eaten yet today, after all, so she invited herself into the conversation.

"Hi. Utana. I think working on a mutually beneficial arrangement may be a good idea. Definitely not trade, though. Just "we won't slaughter you if you don't attempt to slaughter us." I think that sounds fair." She says. She doesn't bring up any more than she has to in her words.

Last edited by Ermine; Jan 28th, 2023 at 07:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 07:28 AM
FatherDondo's Avatar
FatherDondo FatherDondo is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 4032
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Posts: 3,852
Skones"Alright, well 'trade' would be a hard sell fer us. If I had to guess, I'd guess 'smacking goblins upside the head' would be more popular an option, but whatever. So long as whatever we come up with keeps them off our backs."
__________________
DEAR LORD I NEED FEWER EMERGENCIES
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 11:47 AM
Goldmyr's Avatar
Goldmyr Goldmyr is offline
Artifact Creature - Myr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 555
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Posts: 526
The sheriff takes you all to a crowded collection of tables and booths. An assortment of savory smells wafts through the air. There are stews and breads and fishes and meats, and there are desserts and drinks of all kinds. Among the more popular booths are vendors selling, peppercorn venison (sold by the owner of the White Deer Inn), curry-spiced salmon (sold by a Tian woman with many tattoos), and lobster chowder (sold by a rough looking man with only a single leg).

The sheriff hands you each a small handful of silver, and says "Get yourselves whatever you desire. That should be more than enough. I have a table over there. Meet me there when you've gotten your food." The sheriff points over to a table where you can see the other speakers from this morning are gathered.
__________________
Currently playing
Rise of the Runelords-GM
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 02:12 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 11585
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,051
Tristan makes a grumbling noise in the back of his throat at the reprimand, but doesn't say anything else about it. The invitation to lunch is diplomatic, a political move but probably necessary. Taking a short breath to clear his nerves Tristan runs through the itinerary he was told to follow in his head, and with these speeches over he has most of the lunch hours clear - due back for the next major ceremony. He glances at the woman going by the name Piper. Raising his eyebrows he gestures at the departing cohort following the sheriff. "Care for a bite?" he asks her, before heading off to lunch with the rest.
Once at the vendors he heads straight for the stall with the lobster chowder. "Jargie!" he exclaims as he tenders the Sheriff's silver for the food. "I'm glad the festivities was enough to drag you this far from the docks." He chatters with the one legged man selling the chowder. With his heavy bread bowl of chowder in hand he raises it in a gesture to everyone making decisions, and to no one in particular. "Best chowder in Sandpoint" he says aloud, again in a general broadcast way and then heads to the table they were invited to. Setting his bowl on the table across from the sheriff he unburdens himself of both the sword belt and the shield, leaning them up against the bench, conspicuously taking up space next to him. Sufficiently comfortable to sit in close quarters at a public table he slides into his spot on the bench, tucking into the chowder as he waits for everyone to get their seats. He moves the shield and sword so Piper can have a seat next to him if she chooses to.
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom: Fated Children & Trinket Hunters | Star Wars: The Jensaarai | The Iron Gods | Goldmyr's Rise of the Runelords
Open to invitations.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Jan 28th, 2023 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jan 29th, 2023, 10:07 AM
PaleShadow's Avatar
PaleShadow PaleShadow is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2023
RPXP: 81
PaleShadow
Posts: 61
PiperThe elven woman glances at the food available and makes a brief expression of distaste I've seen better food served for our servants back in Magnimar she thinks before her etiquette training kicks in and the expression on her face is gone as quickly as it arrives. "No, but thank you, I don't find myself overly hungry at the moment. But I appreciate your offer." The elven woman takes a seat with the group regardless, not seeming overly interested in conversation but seems to take some comfort in the safety of a group. As the conversation about goblins continues she turns her elven nose up with clear distaste. " Disgusting creatures, goblins. The only thing I would trade them is a swift death in exchange for ridding Golarion of their pestilence." She speaks with a refined tone but falls quickly silent when eyes turn to her, as if not interested in attracting too much attention.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 10:21 AM
Clawsome's Avatar
Clawsome Clawsome is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 4210
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Posts: 3,897
Lunch
right-aligned image


Azrael took the reprimand from Tristan and let it slide off. He was used to others saying nasty things to Tieflings.

::Wonder how he would talk if I turned him into a toad. Not much use for a toad warrior::

"Ah! Master...Brimstone was it?" He asks politely. "You said that you were a Potion Maker by trade. I have some Contacts who would be willing to purchase those, and at above the standard resale rate, if you are interested, of course."

"Ah, that could be an arrangement I could deal with. Although the potion choices are limited at this time. Lunch does sound good about now" as Azraels belly rumbles.

The sheriff then speaks up about everyone getting together for lunch and he would meet with them. That sounded fine. He sat with the others and partook in the meal. An elven woman spoke who was not eating with us but had joined the table and made some comments about goblins in general.

" Disgusting creatures, goblins. The only thing I would trade them is a swift death in exchange for ridding Golarion of their pestilence."

"Milady, it is true that many are evil creatures, but you cannot judge all goblins as the same. I know firsthand. I am judged every day on my heritage and my profession of choice. I am not the same as most of my brethren. I choose to follow the path of good vs. evil. People think oh my witch or warlock and that we are going to steal you children and cook them or something. Just something to consider."

Last edited by Clawsome; Jan 30th, 2023 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jan 30th, 2023, 04:05 PM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 6204
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 4,418
"Honest" Hasim
right-aligned image

Hasim grins at Azrael.

"Perhaps we should put a disclaimer on your Potion Bottles!" He says spreading his hands to indicate a sign or placard.

""GUARANTEED 100% GROUND-UP CHILDREN FREE!"" He chuckles slightly at his own dark humour, before he frowns.

"Seriously though. I have been places where that has actually happened. So sometimes customers could use the reassurance....Oh, yes! Lunch!"

As though he hadn't just been joking over the prospect of children being used as reagents, the Merchant grabs a wooden platter from under his counter, and walks off amongst the various food stalls, seemingly buying a small portion from each of them.

"Festivals are a GREAT place to do Market Research, especially when it comes to food!"

His food selected, he walks over to the indicated table.
OOC
 


Last edited by triedtherest; Jan 31st, 2023 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jan 31st, 2023, 10:48 AM
Goldmyr's Avatar
Goldmyr Goldmyr is offline
Artifact Creature - Myr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 555
Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr Goldmyr
Posts: 526
The food is generally rather good, especially for festival food. Hasim finds the curryed salmon particularly interesting. It has some flavor undertone that he can't quite place.

After some time, the sheriff rejoins you with a plate of venison. "Sorry about that. I had to speak with the mayor. Well, it was more of a speak with her now to speak with her later kind of conversation. You know it is. Now about your goblin problem. The best advice I can give you today is to keep a guard up. After these crowds leave and my own men aren't stretched so thin, I'll be able to send someone your way. If they think you're part of Sandpoint, they may stay away. At least until you decide whether you want to use a carrot or stick to handle them."
__________________
Currently playing
Rise of the Runelords-GM
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jan 31st, 2023, 11:49 AM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 6204
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 4,418
"Honest" Hasim
right-aligned image

Hasim grins at Azrael.
Hasim was still trying to place the individual spices from his curried salmon when the sheriff returned. He listened politely before chuckling.

"I suggest the carrot AND the stick, just to be sure! I remember a tale that an old Sewerjack told me. The Goblins will eat just about anything, but they seem particularly partial to Rat, for some reason."

He takes a sip from a cup of locally produced berry wine that he had bought from a vendor.

"Hmm! Pairs quite nicely with the fish! Anyway, he said that his boss had the "brilliant" idea of bringing Goblins in to deal with the City's growing Rat population...."

He paused, his eyes unfocusing as his mind went back to tales long gone.

"...yeah! It did not go well!" He continued, shaking his head. "You see, because the Sewerjacks had just given them their new hunting ground, the Goblins thought they were weak, and by extension that the City was weak. So they decided to start taking other things by force. A lot of the Workers were killed. Eventually, the Goblins were driven back out by a group of Adventurers, after which things returned to a semblance of normality."

Hasim sat back.

"The moral of this Story? If you wish to deal with Goblins, lead with a show of force!"
OOC
 


Last edited by triedtherest; Jan 31st, 2023 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB